Blanka question

SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003Joined: Posts: 3,379
I made this post in the Blanka thread, but I don't suppose anyone even looks at it...

I was playing around in training mode with RCs yesterday, seeing if I can do it on the PS2 Classic PS3 version...
And I noticed something.

You can input

:lp:+:lk:
:mk:+:hk:

You don't need to input the LK again, as the negative edge off of the LK is buffered long enough for the input. or at least... that's what I assume.

Anyone know why this works? Or if my theory about the negative edge is what makes it work? Holding 3 kicks down and releasing doesn't cause the hop...

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comments

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Seems to be caused by the negative edge of the LK, IMHO. There are a lot of "soft" shortcuts in the engine to allow things like this.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    That makes sense.
    Works for Rolento too. Makes me happy
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    thats how you are supposed to lol

citiofbrass was showing me this long time ago
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Nick T.Nick T. Joined: Posts: 3,976
    It's because of the negative edge off the short kick. If you do that method fast enough you're imitating the input of LP+LK ~ MK ~ HK.

Input priority covers the MK + HK input.
    I always did the first method with my palm and it comes out as a 'drumming' method.
    "It's not your characters' weakness, but weakness in yourself.
    Practice it hard and you can beat anybody." -Kuni