Newbie/Beginner's Links

SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSUJoined: Posts: 737
edited March 2016 in Newbie Saikyo Dojo
WELCOME! This thread is for anyone who seeks knowledge and for new players to learn the basics... Asking questions is great, however, we encourage you to do your best to read and research these links to acclimate yourself with FGs first...

If you know of links for beginners regarding spacing, zoning, safe jumps, or games that are missing links, please let me know. This IS a work in progress...
Thanks to All Who Have Contributed!!! (Extra Thanks to Trouble Brewing and SirMixahLot for Aiding w/ Thread Organization!) :)
IF there is a link to something that you did or know who did let me know please so I may give proper credit and respect...

NOTE!: Videos May be opinion based and as such, might have questionable/controversial comments. Even though they may be meant in a humorous demeanor, I, nor SRK condone any negative comments regarding anyone's civil rights, preferences, etc.

Updated: 02/02/2015
Updated: 03/25/2014
Updated: 03/01/2014
Updated: 11/06/2013

Glossaries:
Arcade Stick/Controller Guides:
Choosing a Stick/Controller by darksakul - (Extremely Comprehensive Guide to Sticks/Controllers - Highly Recommended!) Pad Vs. Stick by Aris B.
You Have To Use A Stick?! by Maximilian
Arcade Stick Basics
The Basics of Using a Fight Stick by gootecks - (USF4)
"Fight" Stick Basics 101 by jumblejunkie
Tutorial by kornstew
"Joystick" Tips by lordofultima (Entertaining, Humorous & Relevant Tips)
Ultimate Japanese Balltop Grip Guide by CantoV
Daigo Umehara Stick Grip (Begins at 6:36)

Beginner's Guide to Modding by @darksakul
Street Fighter V Beginner's Links

Street Fighter IV Series Beginner's Links
Street Fighter Glossary Beginner’s SSFIV: AE / FG Links
TBirdSF4’s basic video tutorial guide for total beginner’s

TBirdSF4’s basic video tutorial Complete Thread
Top 5 Gateway Characters for New Players in SFIV by MetalMusicMan \m/
Vesperarcade’s Super Street Fighter 4 Tutorial (HIGHLY Recommended!!!)

1-800-Help-A-Noob; The Faq By Bentobox
Maj’s Footsies Handbook (Highly Recommended!)
Ground Game Breakdown (Many thanks to @ThisGuy198 for posting the link, @DrakeAlden for finding this thread, @Yukki for SRK thread creation/translation and @Shie for writing the breakdown!!!)
MIXUP 101 Series by Ugo_2u (Exceptional Information on Mix-Ups)
Chapter 1: Introduction to Mix-Ups Chapter 2: Conditioning Your Opponent Chapter 3: Having Effective Mix-Up Strategy Chapter 4: Picking the Right Approach to Mix-Ups Chapter 5: The Double-Edged Sword! Fight or Flight Mix-Ups
The Flow Of Battle by Ugo_2u (Insight Regarding the "Three States of Battle") *Thanks to @ThisGuy198!

Laughingman23’s Theory Fighter Blog
Basic Frame Data Guide For Newbies By Illitirit
Frame Data Tutorial By Onehandedterror

DOMINATION 101 – (Various Essays on FGs by Seth Killian – Very Highly Recommended!!!)
Justin Wong's "Step Up Your Game" Column (thanks @ThisGuy198)
David Sirlin’s book: Playing To Win [a book about becoming a champion in competitive gaming based on the art of war]

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Beginner’s Links (thanks to @2KTep)

Level Up Your Game - (MvC3)

Teambuilding Guide/Help
Using Assists Effectively
Marvel Footsies
Guide to Decision-Making and Planning
Choking
Tips for Overcoming Bad Matchups
Resets
Problem with Mastering Only Combos
Gimmicks vs Intelligent Tactics
Training Mode Stuff

SF x T Beginner’s Links (thanks to psychoblue for links!)
Seven minute saikyo: maximizing damage with less buttons
Seven minute Saikyo!: stuns and counter hits

Injustice: Gods Among Us Beginner's Links
Injustice General Guide by Saitsu TYM Links Dealing with Zoners In Injustice

King of Fighters XIII - KoF Beginner’s Links
KoF13 Frame Data Youtube channel - exmrdandyj

Mortal Kombat Beginner’s Links
Dedicated MK/IGAU site: http://www.testyourmight.com

History of the MK Scene by Shock
Fighting Philosopy MK9
Guilty Gear / BlazBlue Beginner's Links
Guilty Gear Basic Information Instant Air Dash TV - (Guilty Gear tutorial series)

Airdash Academy (An Exemplary guide for beginners of Fighting Games)
Episode 1
Episode 2 - Communication & Memorization

Guilty Bits (Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (R) character guide)

Samurai Spirits Beginner’s Links

Skull Girls Beginner’s Links

Soul Calibur Beginner’s Links
Soul Calibur HQ SC Basics SC Move & Input Guide/Lexicon SC Primer SC II System Tutorial
SC II Strategy Guide (Transcribed from GameNow 09/2003, Issue 23, Volume 3 featuring Strategy from Top Players of the Era!)

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Beginner's Links (Mad Thanks ThisGuy198!!!)
SRK 3s Wiki (Old) SRK SF3: 3rd Strike Wiki (New)
SF3: 3rd Strike Mechanics Tutorial

Event Hubs SF3: 3s Guide
C-Royd's Channel
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Beginner's Links
Super SF2 Turbo Tutorials by El-Trouble & Sergiiev (In-Depth, Living series! Extremely helpful in understanding FGs via HitBoxes)
Playlist
Individual Episodes:
1. Controlling Space
2. Anti-Airs
3. The Art of Fire
4. Fireball Defense
5. C-C-C-C-Combooos
6. Throwing Mechanics
7. Cross-ups & Mix-ups
8. Dee Jay tutorial - Finding the Rhythm, Mon!
9. Guile tutorial - He Only Needs Two Special Moves
10. Ryu tutorial - The World Warrior
11. Blanka tutorial - My Bite is Worse than My Bark
12. Zangief tutorial - I Fight Bears for a Living

Super SF2 Turbo Beginner’s Tutorial By David Sirlin
(this is highly recommended to watch & absorb for all 2d fighters)

Tekken / Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Beginner’s Links (Thanks ThisGuy198 for the links!)
The Beginner's Tekken Dictionary/Basic Thread Tekken HQ Tekken Zaibatsu Newbie Dojo Tekken: The Importance of Losing Aris B.'s highly informative guides (thanks to sirmixahlot for the links) Movement Tutorial
Korean Back Dash Tutorial

Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) Beginner’s Links
Interwebs:
Vampire Savior Tutorials

Darkstalkers Resurrection: System/Gameplay Comparison Guide by Slateman of GameFaqs – (A Thorough explanation of the differences of the Darkstalkers series)

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Beginner’s Links

Post edited by SPECTERLIGHT on
Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN

Comments

• PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,310
    Have some SFxT beginner links for you.

SEVEN MINUTE SAIKYO: MAXIMIZING DAMAGE WITH LESS BUTTONS
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/161000/seven-minute-saikyo-lesson-maximizing-damage-with-less-buttons

SEVEN MINUTE SAIKYO: STUNS AND COUNTER HITS
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180410/seven-minute-saikyo-lesson-stuns-and-counter-hits#latest
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    edited July 2013
    All things Tekken

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ttt2-guides/ < great Tekken videos.

EDIT: Can you add Spoiler tags to the videos, to make it more organized and easier to find information on specific games?
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSU Joined: Posts: 737

EDIT: Can you add Spoiler tags to the videos, to make it more organized and easier to find information on specific games?

Fantastic Idea... Implemented. Any and all suggestions and constructive criticism welcomed...
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Awesome!!!
    Thanks for the Idea SML. Just hope to get this stickied for all the new players and to avoid duplicate threads.
    I don't care about the credit for thread creation, I just want the new players to have resources and encourage them to research their preferred games...

Message Trouble Brewing. He's the moderator here.
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Thanks for the Idea SML. Just hope to get this stickied for all the new players and to avoid duplicate threads.
    I don't care about the credit for thread creation, I just want the new players to have resources and encourage them to research their preferred games...
    I've been hesitant to make non-staff posts stickied in the past. We already have two stickies that aren't being updated due to users being inactive. But you've obviously put a of work into finding resources.

I tell you what, if you're willing to keep the thread updated and get edit out all of the "OMG CAPSLOCK" stuff, you've got yourself a sticky.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    I've been hesitant to make non-staff posts stickied in the past. We already have two stickies that aren't being updated due to users being inactive. But you've obviously put a of work into finding resources.

I tell you what, if you're willing to keep the thread updated and get edit out all of the "OMG CAPSLOCK" stuff, you've got yourself a sticky.

What else may I do to beautify the scenery (aka organize and improve the thread)? Trouble Brewing: If I do get a sticky, Thank You Very Much. I'll do my best not to let you down on the updating. =>]

• 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    I'll post some links for Skullgirls as soon as the Squigly patch drops - a lot is changing then so anything I post right now will be outdated in a few weeks.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • ThisGuy198ThisGuy198 Mid tier lurker. Joined: Posts: 218
    edited July 2013
    Justin Wong's column

http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/
    *Real conversation between Diago and Mago*
    Daigo: Check out that honey over there with the fat ass.
    Mago: Real talk homie. That bitch is mine.
    Daigo: Nigga why you tryin' to cockblock me?
    Mago: Okay, winner gets homegirls number.
    Daigo: Smoke a blunt after this?
    Mago: Sure. Just like we smoked these free fat ass American bitches.
    *bro fist*
    edited July 2013
    Don't sleep on Justin's column guys, he knows his stuff and it is't exclusive to sf4 or marvel. Most of it can be applied to all fighting games and a must if you plan getting serious and going to torments and stuff. This thread was exactly what the dojo needed :).
    Anyways, I find the lack of a Third strike section disturbing, so here are some links!
    3S wiki: (old) http://wiki.shoryuken.com/3s, (new) http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_3:_3rd_Strike/New
    eventhubs have ALOT of usefull info so: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2007/sep/30/how-get-better-street-fighter-3-third-strike/
    3S mechanics tutorial: (The're more vids like this but I can't find them :\)
    C-Royd's channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RoydRoydRoyd/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid

Edit: Your video links are acting up. I thought it was that I couldn't view them on my phone but I can't see them on my computer either.
    Post edited by ThisGuy198 on
    *bro fist*
    UPDATE: Mostly all of the links should be fixed. I tried them several times.
    If anyone knows where BentOBox's 1-800-Help_a-Noob guide/thread went to, please let me know.

I'll be working on more links for Tekken, Soul Calibur and specific links for Injustice in the coming days/weeks...

• Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Good guides, though he did misuse the word metagame.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    Post from MetalMusicMan on character selection (ssf4) http://crosscounter.tv/top-5-gateway-characters-for-new-players-in-street-fighter-iv/
    Full credit to durane123 for the link, I just thought it should go here.
    *bro fist*
    *bro fist*
    ThisGuy198 wrote: »
    Post from MetalMusicMan on character selection (ssf4) http://crosscounter.tv/top-5-gateway-characters-for-new-players-in-street-fighter-iv/

The link is not working. I'll have to search to see if this article is still no CC.

The second link is good and it reminded me that I should put S-Kill's great series here as well.
    Pardon the lengthy delay in updates; I must read everything before I put it in here and gauge what info is fact and what is opinion as well as how graspable it is for newbies. Mods-If you would like to weigh-in on links and constructive criticism, it is much appreciated.

edited August 2013

The link is not working. I'll have to search to see if this article is still no CC.

The second link is good and it reminded me that I should put S-Kill's great series here as well.
    Pardon the lengthy delay in updates; I must read everything before I put it in here and gauge what info is fact and what is opinion as well as how graspable it is for newbies. Mods-If you would like to weigh-in on links and constructive criticism, it is much appreciated.

Daaaamn that sucks it's really good too D:.
    I messaged MMM but I don't know if he can do anything.

...I didn't even notice that you didn't have Dom101 up there, you monster!!! >:(
    *bro fist*
  • MetalMusicManMetalMusicMan WURM! Joined: Posts: 401
    edited August 2013

Daaaamn that sucks it's really good too D:.
    I messaged MMM but I don't know if he can do anything.

...I didn't even notice that you didn't have Dom101 up there, you monster!!! >:(

Archived it on my site: http://www.metalmusicman.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.msg47854.html#new

Gootecks also said that I'm welcome to help migrating some of the old articles. So I'm waiting to hear back from him and then I'll see if I can be of assistance.
    Steam: MetalMusicMan04
    hypedragon.net | Youtube: MetalMusicMan04 | Twitter: @MetalMusicMan04
    edited November 2013
    HAUNTED HALLOWEEN!!!
    I intend to do some Major Updating next week! Stay tuned...

Updates Intended:
    Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers
    Domination 101
    M-Triple's 5 Gateway Characters
    Injustice

I will be checking all links to make sure they work.

• YorKeYYorKeY No need to respect tier whores, but please, respect the top tier characters they are using. - York Joined: Posts: 6,636
    This thread is perfect for beginners! Great stuff everyone!
    I'll try to add sometime soon as well!
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: Mika, Kolin, Yun
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    BlazBlue CTB: TBD
    DBFZ: TBD
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy 7 and Max Payne 2
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin

I'm back! I'll add some links later or tomorrow if I can...
    You STILL haven't added Dom101, what are we going to do with you Specter smh..
    *bro fist*
    I'm back! I'll add some links later or tomorrow if I can...
    You STILL haven't added Dom101, what are we going to do with you Specter smh..

Added! As Well as a Great Deal of Other Awesome Links...

Ok so I downloaded Tekken Revolution and liking it so far (wavedashing is hard :(.), soooo yeah...
    The Beginner's Tekken Dictionary/Basic THREAD-http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/79471/the-beginner-s-tekken-dictionary-basics-thread/p1
    Tekkenzaibatsu is like SRK but for tekken-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/
    They even have ther own newbie dojo-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=251
    And within that Dojo (lounge really) there is a very interesting post on the importance of losing-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127111
    *bro fist*
    edited November 2013
    Ok so I downloaded Tekken Revolution and liking it so far (wavedashing is hard :(.), soooo yeah...
    The Beginner's Tekken Dictionary/Basic THREAD-http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/79471/the-beginner-s-tekken-dictionary-basics-thread/p1
    Tekkenzaibatsu is like SRK but for tekken-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/
    They even have ther own newbie dojo-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=251
    And within that Dojo (lounge really) there is a very interesting post on the importance of losing-http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127111

ThisGuy, smh... LOL (a friendly joke).
    Seriously though, that Tekken Dictionary link is SIIICK! Chock Full O' great info. Good call on TZ, it seems I forgot to insert that one, though I've been a member since SC2 dropped.
    The Injustice links have a thread on becoming a better player and losing is discussed. Many players don't realize how critical losing is to improving one's game...

Damn! I actually missed putting in 8WayRun! I'll have to find their beginner's thread...

Keep Up the Great Work TG!

Update!: Just Added a massive amount of Tekken links, Soul Calibur Links & Arcade stick links!!! *Contemplating including links to get new players familiar with all tournaments; having a list of tourneys so that new players hungry to compete can learn the cycle...

Definitely need to research UMvC3 links!!!

edited November 2013
    Awesome. This thread is coming along great and stuff you posted look interesting so I'll def' take look when i can.
    More ST stuff would be nice but Sirlin covered pretty much everything,I think....meh. There is a youtube channel with a crap ton of info so I'll try to find it. :)

Oh Btw Good call on the bold titles, I was going to suggest it but you beat me to it.
    *bro fist*
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Awesome. This thread is coming along great and stuff you posted look interesting so I'll def' take look when i can.
    More ST stuff would be nice but Sirlin covered pretty much everything,I think....meh. There is a youtube channel with a crap ton of info so I'll try to find it. :)

Oh Btw Good call on the bold titles, I was going to suggest it but you beat me to it.

Sirlin's basic three-part tutorial (which he stole) covers ST basics pretty well. A lot of in-depth ST stuff is usually reserved for the more intermediate or advanced techniques, so it's usually a better idea to simply ask high-level ST players about those things. My YT channel has a few basic ST tutorials that cover both fundamentals and ST-specific setups, but it's not complete just yet.
    Looking through extensive/exhaustive links for Mahvel. Soooooo many vids/links, trying to figure out which are best for this thread. Any suggestions, lemme know, kudasai.
    Domo Arigato

edited January 2014
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jan/14/evo-2013-champion-xian-provides-tips-how-improve-fighting-games-covers-defense-and-how-escape-kunai-vortex/
    This isn't really for beginners but I thought you'd like to take a look. I think there's more coming up so we'll see.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/185451/ground-game-guide
    ^ This the good shit right here dawg, for realz.
    Will give credit to whoever posted this when I find his post.

EDIT: Found him! Credit to @DrakeAldan for the link.
    *bro fist*
    *bro fist*
    edited March 2014

Nice. Ugo_2u has great insight. You also inadvertently lead me to his signature which has a PDF of Maj's footsie's Handbook!

Update:
    Added some Guilty Gear info. Planning on adding some KOF video playlists soon. Still need to research UMvC3 links...

• wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 156
    edited September 2014
    Any good resources out there for the troubled soul trying to get a handle on plinking? :)
    Post edited by wolfeagle 847 on
    "All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • 2KTep2KTep Joined: Posts: 98
    Please add these links for UMVC3 Beginner Links

Teambuilding Guide/Help

http://boostgaming.net/team-building-with-jan/

http://iplaywinner.com/umvc3-team-building-guide/

Using Assists Effectively

http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/1s10kb/training_room_tuesday_assistance_101/

http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/1sjo2o/training_room_tuesday_assistance_102_how_to_call/

Marvel Footsies

http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/1ri4c2/training_room_tuesday_marvel_footsies/

Guide to Decision-Making and Planning

http://www.riffnralk.com/helmbreaking-with-intelligence/

For people who are new to UMVC3 (My biggest mistake is that I didn't watch this video when I started playing MvC3, I didn't know about this until I was looking at Umvc3 Reddit )

Some other stuffs

Choking

http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/universal-fighting-game-guide-choking/

Tips for Overcoming Bad Matchups

http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/universal-fighting-game-guide-tips-to-overcome-bad-character-match-ups/

Resets

http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/universal-fighting-game-guide-resets/

Problem with Mastering Only Combos (Usually I am a type of player that loves to practice combos)

http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/universal-fighting-game-guide-the-problem-with-only-mastering-combos/

Gimmicks vs Intelligent Tactics

http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/universal-fighting-game-guide-gimmicky-vs-intelligent-tactics/

Training Mode Stuff

http://www.toptiertactics.com/14140/get-good-why-you-cant-improve-at-fighting-games-without-using-training-mode/#axzz3Gopy7Yg1
    For anyone who are not good at reading such as myself, this website is so awesome because it helps you read, and makes things easier to read. Just copy and paste a text or a link in the box and you don't even have to look up a word in dictionary.

http://rewordify.com/index.php
    Adventure Time, C'mon, grab your friends

Main Team: Cap(ss)/RR(log)/Iron Man(unibeam)
    edited February 2015
    Any good resources out there for the troubled soul trying to get a handle on plinking? :)

Yessir... (My bad for the serious delay... tsk tsk tsk)

We have some Mahvel links now! [Thanks 2KTep!] (Mahvel X-perts feel free to chime in, constructively)

Apologies for the lack of updates... (Life, Work, Practice, etc...) I'll make a concerted effort to cull the lag...

Need to do:
    KOF
    Links for Tournaments - (How many, Where they are, how to prepare, etc...)
    Killer Instinct

edited February 2015
    No problem, I am not really a Mahvel Xpert but I do play this game =)

Thank you so much for creating a thread like this, it really save a lot of time. This is great for beginners or for people who seek knowlege. If only SRK let you highlight or color code a text, that would make stuff easier to find.

• VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 44
    Great read. Love the fact the links covered different games and questions to just about anything imaginable. Really helpful.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
    edited August 2015
    VaderFett wrote: »
    Great read. Love the fact the links covered different games and questions to just about anything imaginable. Really helpful.

Thanks bro. Really appreciate your comment. I definitely need to kontinue updating the kontent for the new consoles, etc.

Wondering if I should add SFV stuff. It's early and the main purpose of the thread is to provide information on how to improve your game.
    MKX & KI I need to update soon. (If you have links to tutorials, please post and I'll add them to the kollection.)

(P.S. I'm heavily into Mandalore kulture myself)

A sincere THANK YOU! to everyone who has viewed this thread and to those who have kontributed. 15,000 views is insane <3 . I need to get more involved in the FGC and see what else I may positively kontribute to new and experienced players alike. (Artwork definitively)

edited August 2015
    found this tutorial for beginner (this is a playlist)

add this for umvc3

These video are great for both visual & audio learners. They often give good visual example to make people understand it better. Plus they give some useful advice about observing your opponent.

I also found this playlist, it contain MKX tutorial

Add this for KI

http://ki.infil.net/reaction.html

edited March 2016
    I've been slacking, smh, but I do fully intend to update the thread with plenty of SFV links/videos, etc.
    Bafael, Cross Counter TV, Ultra Chen TV, VesperArcade and the Fantastic work Patrick Miller has produced for beginners are my ideas for SFV sources...

Please pardon my delay.

EDIT: Condensed SF IV series to make room for SF V, MK X & KI links. Planning on creating an index/table of contents for easier navigating. Compiling videos and organizing links for SF V currently...

• Project_6Project_6 Deadeye Joined: Posts: 22
    Whoa... This is a lot to take in... I better start!
    My tactics are imperfect. They always have been. Thus, there is always room for improvement.