Killer Instinct XB1: Season 2 hits October 15th. 20 dollars for Combo, 40 dollars for Ultra

Comments

• ZedoxZedox Joined: Posts: 262
    Spinal...don't let him get skullz (obviously he will when he gets instinct unless ur spinal). He's seriously is easier to fight when he doesn't have any skullz.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    New character full reveal Friday. Released on the 24th.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 13,217
    Zedox wrote: »
    Spinal...don't let him get skullz (obviously he will when he gets instinct unless ur spinal). He's seriously is easier to fight when he doesn't have any skullz.

He's not as good with skulls as people might think. There's still lots of options for the opponent.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal
    BB: Tager, Bullet, Ragna, Mu, Terumi
    SF3:Yang
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,580 mod
    edited November 2014
    It's matter of matchup knowledge (or lack of it) imo
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    Had some good fun with Kan-Ra so far. I little hard to work with him on the defensive side but still quite an intresting character to use
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

As long as u got sand out, his defence is OK. Insects too. I'm still shit with him, but the potential is there. Love his cMP
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    I just got the Killer Instinct combo that comes with the code for TJ Combo. So will I pay extra to unlock Maya, Kan-Ra and other future characters?
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,310
    Has anyone had any problems playing online? Lately I have been getting alot of lag and disconnects. It seems like ever since the halo connection its been fucking up my connections with other games. Before halo came out I would hardly get any disconnects at all. Anybody else having this problem?
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems playing online? Lately I have been getting alot of lag and disconnects. It seems like ever since the halo connection its been fucking up my connections with other games. Before halo came out I would hardly get any disconnects at all. Anybody else having this problem?

My games have been fine.

On a different note:

This glitch is all wrapped up!

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    edited December 2014
    You know, it's not like I SHOULD come back after the crap that happened last time I was on SRK. Saying I actually hate the game and garbage like that, as if you can make assumptions about me based on a single troll post.

But guess what? I bought this game; both seasons. All that sentiment that drove me away from posting on this site for a solid year turned out to be complete fluff. I wanted KI since it was announced. It was the ONLY GAME between the XB1 and PS4 that looked like something that would be worth owning. But it didn't matter, you didn't believe me and I saw myself out the door.

So I ain't apologizing, I just want to join the community you so "kindly" kicked me out of a year ago.

*Sigh.*

I had to get that off my chest. Now let's start fresh: HI!
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • DamianKIDamianKI Joined: Posts: 87
    edited December 2014
    so...You hated on the game, but it was a bluff, because you secretly wanted it all along?

sounds like a plot from some teen fan fiction.
    Anyway, you should join the official forums, since it's where 99% of discussions about the game take place.
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    I have a membership on the official forums (made one shortly after the Maya trailer to discuss Kan-Ra). If that's where the action is then I suppose I'll venture over there.

And, no, it wasn't a bluff. Everyone here just took my trolling too seriously as if I was trying to stir up shit when you really should have just blown it off and forgotten about it. It's trolling, live and let live.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • DonkerDonker Joined: Posts: 69
    I have a membership on the official forums (made one shortly after the Maya trailer to discuss Kan-Ra). If that's where the action is then I suppose I'll venture over there.

And, no, it wasn't a bluff. Everyone here just took my trolling too seriously as if I was trying to stir up shit when you really should have just blown it off and forgotten about it. It's trolling, live and let live.

Better late than never dude, welcome !
    Xbox Live: D O N K E R
    PSN ID: DONKER
    WiiU: DONKER
    Killer Instinct XB1 and UMvC3 360
  • SkeletrollSkeletroll Banned Joined: Posts: 1,267
    The game has grown on me as well. I still think it was pretty shitty at launch, and pretty boring to watch, but after playing at a friend's again post Season 2 it feels likes a real fighting game to me now. I copped an XB1 and a TE2 stick just to play this past month.

Speaking of Season 2, they said Riptor would be hitting before Xmas, so I'm guessing Dec 22 since that's the last Monday before Xmas. Any word yet on her official reveal trailer?
    I dunno yet, IG stated they would talk a lot more about Riptor in December.
    The month's just 4 days old so I still patient (but curious as well ofc)

Speaking of Riptor, I really hope that Mick Gordon includes somewhat of a Pan flute in her theme.
    It was so iconic and made her original theme sound more primal to me.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• DamianKIDamianKI Joined: Posts: 87
    LOL, microsoft pays to sponsor evo and they let sony take Sf5 as ps4 exclusive....Fucking really? IS it amateur hour in redmond?
    It's a probably just a timed exclusive. Besides Capcom has A LOT to prove these days imho. Most of their games haven't been quite steallar the last few years.
    But lets not sidetrack to much and keep this thread on KI.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Decide to come back here just in time for SFV to get announced. LOL. Looks a lot less boring than SFIV any way. Just too many issues and didn't add much new to the series for me.

Riptor's coming soon and both games (KI and SFV) should be getting PC ports so that'll allow a lot more people access to those games.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited December 2014
    Now is the perfect time for them to have debut the Riptor trailer!

STEAL THAT THUNDER!

09_riptor02.jpg

Riptor and new story mode coming before X-Mas.

• dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Complete edition up 79.99
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    So how in the heck do you unlock shadow jago for season 2?
    Vegeas wrote: »
    So how in the heck do you unlock shadow jago for season 2?

You don't, he's still exclusive to people who preordered when the game first launched, and they said they have no plans to change this. The next character is linked directly to him so there is much speculation that he's gonna be a more fleshed out realization of what Shadow Jago was supposed to be.

• Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,130
    What got me curious is that once Shadow Jago - the fifth combatant for Season Two - gets released, what's going to happen to his character slot in the Season One section?
    Well they said this character has his own name and has been shown fucking Shadow Jago up, so he'll probably just fill the 5th slot on the bottom and Shadow Jago will remain where he is.

Hoping ghost girl is the next tease, very curious to see her play style after all excitement they express on the streams when bringing her up.
    edited December 2014
    They teased the next fighter awhile ago. I posted a blurry picture of him in his skull armour in the Riptor Coming Before Christmas thread.

Edit: actually I posted him in this thread, a couple of posts above.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    Damn they are keeping a lid on this PC version. Just want to know if buying the PC version gives me all the seasons (including 3)
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    Damn they are keeping a lid on this PC version. Just want to know if buying the PC version gives me all the seasons (including 3)
    I'm guessing they will keep the same payment model on both platforms. https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Killer-Instinct/8b4cfd5d-52ff-4ca0-b5e2-112d7fd09830

I wonder if they will add S3 into the complete edition before or after the season? I don't know how they do that, I don't have an Xbone. Hopefully if they do that they will drop the price a bit.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,191
    I'm still waiting for Xbone Atrox support...
  • MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45

They've said time and time again that whatever you buy on xbox one or on pc carries over.
    If I buy 2 seasons on xbox i have 2 seasons on PC.
    If I buy 2 seasons on xbox and the 3rd season on PC then I'll have all 3 seasons on Xbox one and PC as well.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    MrGangrene wrote: »

They've said time and time again that whatever you buy on xbox one or on pc carries over.
    If I buy 2 seasons on xbox and the 3rd season on PC then I'll have all 3 seasons on Xbox one and PC as well.

Well I don't have an Xbone... what is the pricing of everything on the PC.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,389
    Wow some of the changes for Season 3 are pretty wild. Overall I think it sounds like a pretty big improvement. However, it is somewhat discouraging being forced to essentially relearn certain characters
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
    They didn't nerf Kan-Ra enough. And Spinal's new Instinct looks broken af. And Glacius wtf. Cinder doesn't stand a chance now.
    Someone should update the thread title.
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    They didn't nerf Kan-Ra enough. And Spinal's new Instinct looks broken af. And Glacius wtf. Cinder doesn't stand a chance now.

Umm damage nerf on virtually every attack/special and not being able to attack after air scarab is alot already. What more do you think could've been done to Kan-Ra?
    "That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    edited March 2016
    jinxhand wrote: »

Umm damage nerf on virtually every attack/special and not being able to attack after air scarab is alot already. What more do you think could've been done to Kan-Ra?

It's just like they said, they made him fair. As soon as I read all the damage nerfs and the "no attack after air scarab" nerf, I was fine. That's taking away a fundamental part of Kan-Ra's strategy. Cinder's changes IIRC make him fair as well. Spinal's new instinct, if you think about it, is the same kind of pressure that Urien's Aegis Reflector or Rashid's V-Trigger puts on an opponent. They have to block and Spinal has to find that opening. It's gonna be annoying, but it's fine either way because all those skulls vanish as soon as you hit him. Glacius isn't super amazing either, just better than what he is now. In the grand scheme of things, nobody is really that outrageous because every character has something that is just as crazy (except Sabrewulf, imo. A dive kick and varying speeds of command run isn't as crazy as other people's stuff).
    MrGangrene wrote: »

Well I don't have an Xbone... what is the pricing of everything on the PC.

As far as I know, everything is the same. It comes out the 29th, and you are required to have Windows 10 because they're selling it through the Windows Store. It's fucking groanworthy that they don't just put it on Steam where it's bound to get the most exposure and money, but whatever.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)

The damage nerfs effect the whole cast across the board so he's basically on the same level damage-wise as before. Personally I want scarabs to disappear when he's hit and completely rework the free shadow scarab ender. I hate being forced into a situation where I have no choice but to take damage.

The damage nerfs effect the whole cast across the board so he's basically on the same level damage-wise as before. Personally I want scarabs to disappear when he's hit and completely rework the free shadow scarab ender. I hate being forced into a situation where I have no choice but to take damage.

They said in the stream that his entire game plan is putting his opponent in situations where they are going to be taking damage. The nerfs are exactly what he needed to be fair and retain his same play style. Not to mention, he can't do the scarab only combo anymore, and they tweaked the shadow scarab move in general. Hell, the scarabs are gonna do next to no damage, and they still disappear with the swipe of one attack. He's probably gonna get played less if anything.
    Yeah thats a stupid way to design a fighting game. There should be some way to escape a bad situation. That's one of the things I hate about MK and MvC, and one of the reasons why I enjoy SF.
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    Kan-Ra got nerfed in the frame department, too. He has moves that were plus on block that are like -7 now.

That may not sound like much, but when most fast attacks are 5-6 frames it matters.

Plus, certain traps have to be completely reworked or dropped altogether.
    "That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
    I literally just visited the microsoft store for the first time looking for a pre order option...

Nothing. Can't even find anything on the game from there. Should be on steam, the microsoft store is garbage.
    You have buy it through the Xbox App.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,044
    Yo, we be playing once it's released on PC.
    So, it has been a couple of days now, and I'm curious on how people here are enjoying Season 3 of Killer Instinct so far?

Me personally, I'm still getting adjusted to all of the changes for the Season 1 and 2 characters (even with my primary and secondary characters Sadira and Glacius). Out of the Season 3 cast, I'm definitely having fun with Arbiter the most, since he has amazing hit-box range on his Energy Sword buttons, sick Plasma Grenade setups that can cost the opponent's health severely, and simply because he's a complete badass. Despite his notable weaknesses (has only one low move, has two reversal moves that either cost meter or self-inflict damage, Type-51 Carbine/Plasma Grenade management etc.), I want to make him my main for Season 3; he's too good to pass up on. Aside from that, I love the Flip Out mechanic, loathe Rash, the new level 4 Ender animation is wonky and the hit/hurt-stop revision is hindering my execution game greatly.
    I'm liking the game. The only thing that's wrong with me is that I'm still playing my characters like they're season 2 characters. I keep neglecting Sabrewulf's divekick, Hisako's Shadow ORZ, etc. But each match is a learning experience. That flipout shit is a really cool reset button. And for the love of god, I need some help learning Kim Wu. The only thing that this game needs to be a better game is online training mode.

If anyone wants matches, my gamertag is in my sig. I'm available mostly on Saturday evenings and Sundays due to work (40-50 hour/week warehouse job), and I know a couple of pros that can help push everyone to the next level.

PS: the Level 4 Ender camera is getting a toggle next patch. They basically wanted people to get used to it, but I still hate it.
    edited April 2016
    I feel that offline training mode has all of the essentials to help improve your game to greater lengths, but I do see what you mean though. Aside from Arbiter, I'm learning Kim Wu as well, so if you need any help, then I'll try my best to provide some useful info. Speaking of which, Infilament has started working on a guide for Kim Wu on ki.infil.net recently (but unfortunately it's still a work-in-progress).
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    Am I the only one who preferred the old shadow move effect to this weird purple Koffing gas?
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • eastyyeastyy Joined: Posts: 6
    I have got used to the new shadow effect i have to say
    I like the new shadow effect, to be honest. When I first saw it, I wasn't super keen on it, but it makes sense for a shadow move to be a dark color and not a ripple effect in the background (though that shit was cool)
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    The ripple just looked so much cooler to me. The purple gas cloud looks cool for specific moves, but in general the effect just doesn't quite seem to fit.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,064 mod