Killer Instinct XB1: Season 2 hits October 15th. 20 dollars for Combo, 40 dollars for Ultra

Comments

• AwakeAwake Joined: Posts: 52
    Making manuals unbreakable completely destroys the meta of the game, everything was designed to be breakable for a reason.

uhhh, you can break manuals... just has a really strict timing.. you basically have to know EXACTLY how the character and opponent play.

• RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,993
    I'm pretty sure Swedish Chef was borging about if they were to make them unbreakable, as someone up above suggested (which is crazy IMO, because the timing on manuals is not strict enough to support that)
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    edited January 2014
    Awake wrote: »
    Making manuals unbreakable completely destroys the meta of the game, everything was designed to be breakable for a reason.

uhhh, you can break manuals... just has a really strict timing.. you basically have to know EXACTLY how the character and opponent play.

He basically said what you said.

Rik just needs to hurry up and get better at the game. I'll be on for a good bit of the day if anyone wants to play. Need to practice manuals any way.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Joined: Posts: 0
    Can't I got that SF4 taint on me, 4 years can't go away especially when I plan on going back to it when USF4 drops ha.

GGs Ve and your right I'm playing the game like ST....the C.MK>haduken defense was probably a give away lol.
    "What one person sees as degrading and disgusting and bad for women might make some women feel empowered and beautiful and strong."
    - Sasha Grey
    I got caught up doing other exhibitions but I'll try to get on again later tonight.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I was on for a bit today against Ve but hopefully I can get more games with you jin next time.

Likewise to anyone else if you want games let me know.
    "What one person sees as degrading and disgusting and bad for women might make some women feel empowered and beautiful and strong."
    - Sasha Grey
  • onyxonyx 3D Artist Joined: Posts: 830
    So the Cronus max had a bad showing at DTN this weekending during Marvels top 16. ) 0% chance of it being tournament legal from now on, so now guess i need to get a KI stick until Madcats (or someone) make a 6 button pad.. I was just beginning to really enjoy this thing.
    WEB: www.forevercg.com
    XBL: Onyx 0f Tek
    R.I.P Aaron Humma(IronPizzle)
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 13,217
    onyx wrote: »
    So the Cronus max had a bad showing at DTN this weekending during Marvels top 16. ) 0% chance of it being tournament legal from now on, so now guess i need to get a KI stick until Madcats (or someone) make a 6 button pad.. I was just beginning to really enjoy this thing.
    Out of curiosity. What happened?
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal
    BB: Tager, Bullet, Ragna, Mu, Terumi
    SF3:Yang
    Hey anyone know when the OST will hit?

The vids on youtube all have clearly cut and paste versions.
    - Sasha Grey
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,909
    FlyingVe wrote: »

It's been bricking consoles. It's burning out USB ports.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,993
    I'd almost be more inclined to believe that the consoles are just pieces of shit. :lol: Mine reboots randomly and the disc drive has never worked since day one. It's anecdotal and heavily coincidental evidence for sure, but pretty much the only time mine works properly is when I have the CronusMax plugged in and am playing KI with my TE1. :rofl:

But yeah, if it turns out that it's true about the devices causing issues with the XB1, that's extremely unfortunate. I know it's likely to be banned from majors due to the macro and turbo functionality, but it's pretty good for home use for those of us that weren't fortunate enough to get on the (seemingly extremely) short list of people able to pick up a TE2. Not to mention those of us that don't want to shell out another $200 for another stick. I actually bought an extra pad to padhack into one of my custom sticks, but ended up just using the Cronus to save myself some time and the destruction of another pad.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Someone told me that was the old Cronus, and not the max... Was the max burning consoles?

I'm asking for personal info.

While on stream a player was complaining that his opponents Cronus was lagging his inputs. They had to stop for like 5 minutes until he got a substitute converter. Shortly after that ( on stream chat i think) Jbailey banned it for CEO. It had been rumored before this that it can cause some input lag issues for other player... It wasn't on Xbone so i dunno if it was regular Cronus or Cronus Max, the owner of the max always makes a point that they are totally different but TO's and people wont give a shit. Not sure if they ever did.

Thats the first im hearing about that, do you have a link?

While on stream a player was complaining that his opponents Cronus was lagging his inputs. They had to stop for like 5 minutes until he got a substitute converter. Shortly after that ( on stream chat i think) Jbailey banned it for CEO. It had been rumored before this that it can cause some input lag issues for other player... It wasn't on Xbone so i dunno if it was regular Cronus or Cronus Max, the owner of the max always makes a point that they are totally different but TO's and people wont give a shit. Not sure if they ever did.

Thats the first im hearing about that, do you have a link?

Uh, check around Tech Talk. I have been keeping up with the thread periodically. I don't have the link because I didn't book mark it though.

Read through that and still saw nothing but hearsay that started from one dude talking about twitter blow ups but posted no links. Not saying its BS but like religion some proof would be nice. It could just be a coincidence that he posted that 22 hours ago, but id figure we would of heard of this happening more within the past 7 weeks. Either way.... this thing isn't going to do me any good in competition, wasted $60
    @onyx, I'm pretty sure it's done for the CronusMax at tourneys. I've heard too much stuff already for it to not be true.

• PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    According to the FB chat for SCR the Cronus in question was borrowed from someone playing KI with it, meaning it had to be the new one.

I agree that hard testing is needed, but the port breaking thing is kind of a huge deal. Note that there have been NO reports of problems on the XBone, purely 360 IIRC.

I don't like the thing, but don't really care if it's banned. But the fact is if you want it unbanned the burden of proof is on you. Contact the cronus team, get the 'affected' systems from focus fire and whoever else, and do your due diligence. There are too many reports for the TOs to not take seriously.

Personally, since it has no problem reports on xbone an exception could be made for that system alone. 360/PS3 is out though.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    Ah...well if it's simply a last gen system problem then maybe that's not too bad. Long as there's no Xbox One reports I guess it may still have a chance. Not sounding good regardless though.

The burden of proof won't be on anyone after a while.

I believe Markman bought a few himself and is going to do some rigorous testing.
    F.Champ's definitive tier list for KI.

Bd6CabKCYAEmthR.png:large

Hints of Spinal

spinaltweet2.png

spinaltweet.png

edited January 2014
    Hints of Spinal

Im hype. If they're showing him soon it getting our hands on him cant be too far behind.
    Post edited by Preppy on
    edited January 2014
    couldn't post the link but, heres a taste of spinals music in here.. man it sounds just like it should.
    http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/spinal-teases-from-the-double-helix-crew.6542/#post-127594
  • AwakeAwake Joined: Posts: 52
    I'd say we'll see Spinal this week on the XBLA live stream.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,573
    That snippet of Spinal's theme sounds real good. God damn, this music!

Sounds like it has a bit of Cinder flavour, and makes me wonder how that theme will turn out. When's Tusk doe? DAAHHH!
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,776
    I like all of the music in the game except I really can't stand Sadira's stage because of the music. Her's is the only one I don't like.
    Yeah although Sadira's is good, its definitely the least memorable for me. Its just a lot of that real heavy death sounding metal stuff that I don't really listen too much. I like more jazz or stuff like red hot chili peppers do. The slower/neutral part of the song with the asian instruments is pretty cool tho.

Glacius theme is my favorite with Thunder's a close second.

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,776
    Overall I like Thunder's stage the best, with Orchid or Jago's tied for the next, then Glacius, Sabre, and Sadira in that order.

I like Thunder's background the best for sure, and his music is one of my fav too.

Spinal's song is going to be hype too, as is his stage. The stage looks sick in the Prima Fan Book.
    Sadiras the best while I actually think thunders is the worst.

Jago and glacius are exceptional too.
    - Sasha Grey
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,608 mod
    edited January 2014
    I like Jago, Thunder, Glacius and Orchid's music.

Sadira's isn't really my thing but KI was always known for it's wide range of music in terms of genres.
    Sabrewulf's is a bit of a let down for me in KI3, it's too much "lost in madness/despair" kinda tune.
    Although that fits his story, I liked his KI & KI2 music better

Let them bring on Spinal this Thursday!
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • KzeroKzero Joined: Posts: 24
    I love all the character music in the game. Each piece of music is absolutely perfect for their character, especially during fights. The evolution and progression of the music from start to finish is amazing.
  • RekanoRekano ONE MORE ONCE Joined: Posts: 602
    Good to hear some stuff on Spinal.

Music? For me. Sabre"Classy"Wulf's Theme is at the top for me. SO MUCH EMOTION! Such...PASSION!

Funny enough, I like the type of music of Sadira's stage but like...it is totally the least memorable for me. That Spinal one is sounding GOOOOOOOOOD though.
    -Rekano OuTz
    "Chris Hansen can't stop them titties."-Geese Pants
    Theme wise Jago is my favorite followed closely by thunder.

Also, Devils landing is literally the greatest stage in fighting game history.
    edited January 2014
    Theme wise Jago is my favorite followed closely by thunder.

Also, Devils landing is literally the greatest stage in fighting game history.

Yeah Thunder's stage is my favorite in the game easily and up there with the best in fighting games ever. That view and the rain just makes every fight so epic.

Anyone got a direct link to Spinal theme? I've only heard the remix of his old theme on Mick's Vine.

• dav3ybdav3yb Quarter Man Joined: Posts: 1,119
    I'm Hype for spinal. He was one of my favorites from the original KI.
    Is anyone here gonna be on tonight for some games?
    - Sasha Grey
    i will be, i need to practice using the xbone controller again. Send me an inv if you see me on
  • Luna_PostLuna_Post Joined: Posts: 92
    What if these CronusMax rumors are all BS started and spread by a Triumvirate between Double Helix, MadCatz, and Microsoft in order to sell sticks?
    Luna_Post wrote: »
    What if these CronusMax rumors are all BS started and spread by a Triumvirate between Double Helix, MadCatz, and Microsoft in order to sell sticks?

Depends if you want me to be serious or not.