Killer Instinct XB1: Season 2 hits October 15th. 20 dollars for Combo, 40 dollars for Ultra

Comments

• SuperTrollSuperTroll Pre-Crises Troll Joined: Posts: 1,659
    ReddChief wrote: »
    FlyingVe wrote: »
    I wasn't aware MikeZ was working on this game, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm very happy to see the developer make some changes to the KI formula, such as the introduction of a strong space control style (new Glacius).

I do hope they add some original characters at some point, and not just bring back all the oldies.

Also, the dynamic music, while nothing totally new, does seem to be more dynamic then we've seen in games like SF4 or Injustice. So that comparison is a little disingenuous.

Yea Mike Z is working on the game and he's not too happy the direction there going with this and that's not a good sign and after that terrible Glacius reveal i see what he mean

Mike Z gave his reasons and most of us heard them. Truth is that while i do respect mike z I feel a lot of the" problems" he pointed out are present in his very own skullgirls....

What I find funny though is the number of people on SRK who are willing to make declarative absolutes about a game and how it will be played at high level and what will be viable ALL BASED OFF BETA FOOTAGE. It's like people on here forget the amount of time it takes for games to develop.....remember when people thought the only way a character was good in SF4 is if they have a good ultra.
    Shut Up And Swallow
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    SuperTroll wrote: »
    I wasn't aware MikeZ was working on this game, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm very happy to see the developer make some changes to the KI formula, such as the introduction of a strong space control style (new Glacius).

I do hope they add some original characters at some point, and not just bring back all the oldies.

Also, the dynamic music, while nothing totally new, does seem to be more dynamic then we've seen in games like SF4 or Injustice. So that comparison is a little disingenuous.

Yea Mike Z is working on the game and he's not too happy the direction there going with this and that's not a good sign and after that terrible Glacius reveal i see what he mean

Mike Z gave his reasons and most of us heard them. Truth is that while i do respect mike z I feel a lot of the" problems" he pointed out are present in his very own skullgirls....

What I find funny though is the number of people on SRK who are willing to make declarative absolutes about a game and how it will be played at high level and what will be viable ALL BASED OFF BETA FOOTAGE. It's like people on here forget the amount of time it takes for games to develop.....remember when people thought the only way a character was good in SF4 is if they have a good ultra.

Thats pretty funny, I never knew that. Who was top tier when that thinking was prevalent?

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• SuperTrollSuperTroll Pre-Crises Troll Joined: Posts: 1,659
    SuperTroll wrote: »

Thats pretty funny, I never knew that. Who was top tier when that thinking was prevalent?

I think it was the first year of SF4 at evo.

People noticed the top tiers in that game all had something in common....easy confirms to ultras(except akuma). People assumed that was the primary reason they were top tier without realizing it was a combination of the good tools they had in conjunction with the easy ultras. People didn't even know about vortexes and unblockables to the extent they do now.
    Shut Up And Swallow
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Glacius reveal was bauss. Love the new look and moves. He ended up exactly like I thought he would. Fulgore was my favorite before, but after seeing the new Glacius he looks a lot more sophisticated and alien like than the old burly one.

Its obvious the game won't live up to all of the expectations of MikeZ. No new version of a game ever does. It does seem to capture the spirit of KI while adding its own flair and most the players at Evo seemed pretty pleased with the game. I didn't get a chance to play it because the line for the game was stupid long, but I enjoyed watching others play while I'm there. It looks fun to play and will be up there with Marvel as games that people will ask when it's coming on stream.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 13,217
    For what little its worth, I've never seen a development crew working so hard on a FG outside of SkullGirls.

I know Double Helix doesn't have the best reputation, and it doesn't mean the final game will be good. But their hearts seem to be in the right place, and they seem to be working their asses off.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal
    BB: Tager, Bullet, Ragna, Mu, Terumi
    SF3:Yang
    edited July 2013
    A good amount of credible people are helping these guys work on the game, so if it flops in tournaments or general sales the blame partly goes to the fighting game community for not ensuring they came out with a strong product for tournament and casual players. It's not like they're just making the game on their own with no one from old Killer Instinct games or tourney players helping them.

People bash every other game developer so it's not like it really makes a difference what company name is behind the development. They all get shit these days.

• MayonakaMayonaka Manga Author & KI Monster Joined: Posts: 108
    Glacius reveal was bauss. Love the new look and moves. He ended up exactly like I thought he would. Fulgore was my favorite before, but after seeing the new Glacius he looks a lot more sophisticated and alien like than the old burly one.

Its obvious the game won't live up to all of the expectations of MikeZ. No new version of a game ever does. It does seem to capture the spirit of KI while adding its own flair and most the players at Evo seemed pretty pleased with the game. I didn't get a chance to play it because the line for the game was stupid long, but I enjoyed watching others play while I'm there. It looks fun to play and will be up there with Marvel as games that people will ask when it's coming on stream.

You mightve seen me playing then xD i got kicked off a few time actually for winning too much
    A good amount of credible people are helping these guys work on the game, so if it flops in tournaments or general sales the blame partly goes to the fighting game community for not ensuring they came out with a strong product for tournament and casual players. It's not like they're just making the game on their own with no one from old Killer Instinct games or tourney players helping them.

People bash every other game developer so it's not like it really makes a difference what company name is behind the development. They all get shit these days.
    The reputation counts though, developers with good histories make better games than those without.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, their previous projects were not exactly the type of projects that would produce amazing results in the first place.

So... we'll see. They said they want to reform the studio into more than just one that does contracted licensed projects. They are working on the new Strider game too... and that looks good.
    edited July 2013
    I've never even heard of the company until now (since I don't play anything but fighting games). Unless they're like 5 + years of history with bad games like some Eidos shit (which I think is a publisher any way), I say they're just coming into form now.

edited July 2013
    I've never even heard of the company until now (since I don't play anything but fighting games). Unless they're like 5 + years of history with bad games like some Eidos shit (which I think is a publisher any way), I say they're just coming into form now.

They haven't been around that long. Their old MO was to do contract work. Movie/toy tie ins. The type of games that are made on a very tight budget and a non-existant time table.

The big reason for their bad rep is due to the Silent Hill HD collection. Its bad. They were at a disadvantage of Konami losing the source code, so they had to rebuild lots of the game from scratch. But there were still alot of really questionable decisions made on that game.
    Post edited by FlyingVe on

They haven't been around that old. Their old MO was to do contract work. Movie/toy tie ins. The type of games that are made on a very tight budget and a non-existant time table.

The big reason for their bad rep is due to the Silent Hill HD collection. Its bad. They were at a disadvantage of Konami losing the source code, so they had to rebuild lots of the game from scratch. But there were still alot of really questionable decisions made on that game.

Yeah port fuck ups are regular. Not a huge history there. Looking forward to them getting on their feet with this game.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,966

They haven't been around that long. Their old MO was to do contract work. Movie/toy tie ins. The type of games that are made on a very tight budget and a non-existant time table.

Double Helix did Silent Hill: Homecoming not the HD collection. Front Mission fans hate them too as they killed the franchise with Evolved. There hasn't been a new game since.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr

Double Helix did Silent Hill: Homecoming not the HD collection. Front Mission fans hate them too as they killed the franchise with Evolved. There hasn't been a new game since.
    I thought they did the HD collection.

Either way Home Coming was still bad.
    Dai_ wrote: »
    YAY!!

Thanks Jin for this thread. This game is looking better and better.

EDIT:

Fresh from PAX Australia, theme song and character select.

**headbangs**

Character select always gave me chills and pure happiness :D
  • Sir_FlawlessSir_Flawless Joined: Posts: 174
    I'm interested how you guys think the roster will turn out. If you take out the two boss characters from the first two games, you only have 13 characters total for the whole KI universe. That is extremely small. Considering the fact that most fighting games nowadays have at least 24 or so characters to play, how large do you expect this roster to be? Also, consider the fact that there are fighting games that have extremely deep and long move lists for each character, mainly the 3D games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter, and all of those games have well over 20 characters in their games. If you can have that amount of characters with that amount of detail in a fighting game, then KI should certainly have atleast 25 or more because its characters definitely do not have the amount of depth as those fighters do. Considering the fact that KI is supposed to come out this November, I would find it hard to believe that they could really fill the roster in that amount of time. The roster as I see it right now is Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Spinal, B. Orchid, Fulgore, Cinder and Chief Thunder. Thats only 8. If they brought back the other 5 from the old roster, we get the 13. If they wanted to get a roster of 26 or so, that would mean 13 new fighters. I know I would be pretty excited to see that many new characters in the game. I just don't see it happening all at launch time though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the Capcom route and releasing DLC to boost the roster. They did say in the EVO panel however that they don't want to keep re-releasing the game like Capcom has done w/ SF 4, so I guess it will be interesting to see how things play out.
    U MvC 3: OMG, THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING, There are sooooooo many people I want to use, but I will say that Spider-Man and Iron Man are my 2 mains ATM.
    SF 4: IDK,, Maybe Guy
    SF x Tekken: Hwoarang & Rolento
    KOF XIII: Kyo, Kim, King
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Dai_Dai_ Joined: Posts: 368
    I'm interested how you guys think the roster will turn out. If you take out the two boss characters from the first two games, you only have 13 characters total for the whole KI universe. That is extremely small. Considering the fact that most fighting games nowadays have at least 24 or so characters to play, how large do you expect this roster to be? Also, consider the fact that there are fighting games that have extremely deep and long move lists for each character, mainly the 3D games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter, and all of those games have well over 20 characters in their games. If you can have that amount of characters with that amount of detail in a fighting game, then KI should certainly have atleast 25 or more because its characters definitely do not have the amount of depth as those fighters do. Considering the fact that KI is supposed to come out this November, I would find it hard to believe that they could really fill the roster in that amount of time. The roster as I see it right now is Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Spinal, B. Orchid, Fulgore, Cinder and Chief Thunder. Thats only 8. If they brought back the other 5 from the old roster, we get the 13. If they wanted to get a roster of 26 or so, that would mean 13 new fighters. I know I would be pretty excited to see that many new characters in the game. I just don't see it happening all at launch time though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the Capcom route and releasing DLC to boost the roster. They did say in the EVO panel however that they don't want to keep re-releasing the game like Capcom has done w/ SF 4, so I guess it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Since MS plan is to push the DD model i can see this game as it flagship product with constant updates for the roster, stages and other goodies. Also the devs have said that they also want new characters and i don't see that farfetched to include crossover characters from other franchises.
    YAY!!

Thanks Jin for this thread. This game is looking better and better.

EDIT:

Fresh from PAX Australia, theme song and character select.

**headbangs**

Can't wait till the game comes out and we can listen to the soundtrack. The main theme sounds better than ever. I've been rewatching the Jago Combo Montage video just so I can listen to the theme.
    U MvC 3: OMG, THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING, There are sooooooo many people I want to use, but I will say that Spider-Man and Iron Man are my 2 mains ATM.

Since MS plan is to push the DD model i can see this game as it flagship product with constant updates for the roster, stages and other goodies. Also the devs have said that they also want new characters and i don't see that farfetched to include crossover characters from other franchises.

Even if they do keep upgrading, hopefully it doesn't cost so much. If I recall correctly, Super SF 4 cost 15, AE cost 15, and Ultra will now cost another 15, and thats not including DLC for costume packs. That equals a total of about 105 dollars for SF 4 alone. I don't know anybody who would be thrilled to go over that again w/ KI.
    Although I can't confirm it...AFAIK I heard that if you pay for the game straight up the rest of the DLC character you receive with no additional charge. Similar to Namco's method with Tekken Tag 2. Namco learned from Capcom's faults and made their game so that characters would not have to be paid for after you already bought the game.

I believe purchasing the extra characters that release for KI is supposed to be only for people who don't buy the game. Otherwise the game is a one time fee and you just get the characters as they come. It might be too good to be true, but that's what I heard. We'll see how it actually pans out.

• TheSurefireGamerTheSurefireGamer Grappler Specialist. Joined: Posts: 1,210

As long as none of the crossover characters are from the Halo universe, I'm good.

...now that I think about it, wouldn't mind seeing Joanna Dark make a shocking yet triumphant return here.
    Killer Instinct 3: Chief Thunder/Kan-Ra/Hisako MK X: Jax/Jason/Tremor. Injustice: Solomon Grundy/Lex Luthor/Harley Quinn
    WE IN THERE!!!!
  • ShadeShade FEMLE Joined: Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2013
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Didn't Mike Z go on record saying he disagreed with a lot of what they were doing?

Also, the game looks awesome to play but the visual style is just not KI. Jago looks like some brooding emo dude and now Saberwulf is a druggie? What the hell?

Isn't KI (as the British say) taking the piss? What's with all this serious plotline stuff?

I just totally disagree with you. The current designs in my opinion are far superior to the previous KI game designs. Jago looks a million times better, and same for Glacius. The designs before were Rob Liefeld/Image Comics era stuff. The characters felt picked straight from an issue of Spawn. Glacuis never resembled what we perceive as "alien". He looked like a normal human in a suit. Cinder was nothing original at all. Just any fire power character from any fiction ever.

Jago looked 80/90's dance club fever, with his skin tight shirt and pants with rips in it. And so on and so fourth.

Again, all my opinion. I'm sure the general audience who plays games now would agree. In an age wear most protagonist are either in large bulky exosuits, or military fatigue.

Terrible Glacius reveal?
    I dunno about Thunder being a grappler. It will be different this time around, but that's never been a cornerstone style in this franchise. You had mid range characters, rush down character,rush down harder characters, and a 'broken' character. My assumption is Thunder will be close to his original style, balanced around specials (IMO, I'm not pro-KI). Projectiles, anti-air-DP, and hurricane...err 'tomahawk' all with high priority to cover for his 'meh' normals, he'll be a measured rush-down.
    *shrug*
    But I never liked him...in the slightest. Need moar Fulgore & Riptor. I'd applaud Eyedol returning. I don't care for Orchid to return, but the cast needs a female.
    - :bluu:

I don't think they would go with him being a grappler. Mainly because he has weapons, which they seem to have kept. I don't see how that would work aesthetically.
    Does the new Glacius remind anyone else of Chaos 0 from Sonic Adventure?

YES HE DOES. I mean it just clicked. lol

And man dat Stage Select music!
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,031
    just my opinion...but NO to cross over characters.

original characters? ok. keep it killer instinct.
    I personally would prefer no cross over characters as well. To me, it's just not very necessary. I say about 5 new characters would be fine making the roster 18, assuming they bring back everyone, which isn't likely, but not impossible.
    Although I can't confirm it...AFAIK I heard that if you pay for the game straight up the rest of the DLC character you receive with no additional charge. Similar to Namco's method with Tekken Tag 2. Namco learned from Capcom's faults and made their game so that characters would not have to be paid for after you already bought the game.

I believe purchasing the extra characters that release for KI is supposed to be only for people who don't buy the game. Otherwise the game is a one time fee and you just get the characters as they come. It might be too good to be true, but that's what I heard. We'll see how it actually pans out.

That would be great. I would have no problem w/ that whatsoever. If we're not paying for anything after we drop what I expect to be 70 bucks for the game you won't hear me complaining.
    Mayonaka wrote: »
    I personally would prefer no cross over characters as well. To me, it's just not very necessary. I say about 5 new characters would be fine making the roster 18, assuming they bring back everyone, which isn't likely, but not impossible.

Cross over characters would be ridiculous since this game is coming off a 17 year hiatus. I just want to see a bunch of new characters with all of the old characters.
    Exactly my point
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,383 mod
    I keep going on and on and ranting about this, but man.... I need my character hit screams back. The game seems so quite without them.

If I don't hear TJ go UGH when he gets hit, cinder yell "good one" or saberwulf yelp I'm going to be very disappointed since they got everything else right so far.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,966
    Technically speaking, isn't Sabrewulf a crossover character? I remember him being connected to Rare's Sabreman series of games.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    edited July 2013
    Blinx would go ham in KI3.

T-T-T-Time Breaker!!!
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    I want Halo in the new KI, he fights Aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.[img][/img]
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix

• onyxonyx 3D Artist Joined: Posts: 830

I remember DH mentioning "seasons" tied in with releasing new content in this game. I figure buying the game up front will be a generously timed season pass and give you A fair amount of content like 1-1.5 years worth.
    WEB: www.forevercg.com
    XBL: Onyx 0f Tek
    R.I.P Aaron Humma(IronPizzle)
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,518
    edited July 2013
    <-- Starts at 50 minutes.

PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    What do you guys think about the game having no win quotes? They seem so common in SF and SNK games that I immediately noticed they weren't there. Its minor but I would rather they have some. Though I admit, Sabrewulf and Glacius probably wouldn't have much to say, one being a werewolf and the other being an alien.

Plenty of games don't have win quotes.

I actually found it very "cheap" feeling when I picked up my first SF game (I was late to SF). That said, I don't think in matters either way.
    The older KI games didn't have them so I don't really feel an urge for the characters to have any. I suppose some of the human type characters will have vocal quotes after they win. I think I remember Jago saying something after he wins in this game.

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,518
    IIRC Jago says something like

"Perhaps this wasn't the path for you"
    "Your path ends here"

What more games need is that select your own win pose by holding a button like in Tekken.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    I prefer when the characters actually say something ala GG, BB, or 3S.

3S is a good example, people all remember the verbal win quotes (gutter trash) but no one remembers the slides.

Heck, the only slides I remember are the SFxT ones... Because they are hilarious.
    edited July 2013
    What do you guys think about the game having no win quotes? They seem so common in SF and SNK games that I immediately noticed they weren't there. Its minor but I would rather they have some. Though I admit, Sabrewulf and Glacius probably wouldn't have much to say, one being a werewolf and the other being an alien.

Eh, the closest KI came to win quotes was the victory cinematic after the fight. I still remember TJ Combo's as my favorite (YO......EAT IT! *Punch screen*). It's not really needed, especially since there will be voice acting and spoken victory quotes with their win poses as Jago already has shown.
    The older KI games didn't have them so I don't really feel an urge for the characters to have any. I suppose some of the human type characters will have vocal quotes after they win. I think I remember Jago saying something after he wins in this game.

"I'm afraid that your path ends here."

He also got a new one after beating Glacius in the EVO-build, but the announcers wouldn't shut up. It makes me think that characters might have specific dialogue with each other a la Injustice & UMvC3.
    Killer Instinct 3: Chief Thunder/Kan-Ra/Hisako MK X: Jax/Jason/Tremor. Injustice: Solomon Grundy/Lex Luthor/Harley Quinn
    WE IN THERE!!!!
    Character specific winquotes are the best. Best part of UMVC3 for me was seeing Dr.Doom and Super Skrull tear into each other despite both them hating the Fantastic Four.

I don't know, the KI winquotes just seem lacking to me. I mean, Jago says stuff but it sounds like SF2 type winquotes where they were made to fit every character and aren't personalized.

• evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    im pretty sure i recall mike z talking about KI in the skullgirls salty suite at evo and he didnt seem to impressed withe the game. i dont recall exactly what he said though since i was kinda stood offside somewhere.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    evilweevle wrote: »
    im pretty sure i recall mike z talking about KI in the skullgirls salty suite at evo and he didnt seem to impressed withe the game. i dont recall exactly what he said though since i was kinda stood offside somewhere.

He made 3 major points (for discussion purposes) that I recall:
    - game is broken
    - game doesn't feel enough like old KI
    - didn't like direction of the game.

You'll have to watch the vid on twitch for more specifics.

The first one doesn't surprise me, it's a super early build of the game.

The second is subjective. I for one am glad it's less like old KI because old KI... Wasn't very good (don't kill me...)

The last point is the most interesting. And we don't really know enough about the game to analyze.

- game is broken

The second is subjective. I for one am glad it's less like old KI because old KI... Wasn't very good (don't kill me...)

The last point is the most interesting. And we don't really know enough about the game to analyze.

1. Like you said, still an early build of the game. Can't say what's gonna be broken in the final copy.
    2. I've heard this argument so much I get nosebleeds from it. It's almost enough to make you want Microsoft to cancel this and release KI 1 & 2 on XBLA just to shut up the whiners.
    3. Again, too early.
    WE IN THERE!!!!
  • ReddChiefReddChief Joined: Posts: 47

- game is broken

1. Like you said, still an early build of the game. Can't say what's gonna be broken in the final copy.
    2. I've heard this argument so much I get nosebleeds from it. It's almost enough to make you want Microsoft to cancel this and release KI 1 & 2 on XBLA just to shut up the whiners.
    3. Again, too early.

I would agree but this is coming from a guy that is actually working on the game not an outsider and that's bad the Glacius you see now is the one you will get on release and as much as people whine about nerf this nerf that there gonna say nerf Glacius because he looks broken as hell
    DH is listening to feedback and only changing what they want and trying to putting their own little twist on it and ignoring people like Mike Z so having help from the FGC means nothing as you can see with Glacius
    I think the game looks good i'm hype for it just not hype as i was DH just really threw me off with that horrible looking Glacius
    MS give us KI & KI2 on XBL and i'm good they will most likely sell better than the new KI anyways
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,658
    For what little its worth, I've never seen a development crew working so hard on a FG outside of SkullGirls.
    Maybe that's because you don't hang around in videogame companies buildings? Do you really think development teams in general are taking it easy or some shit? The vast majority of the workers in the VG development business have very very harsh schedules FYI.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Dai_Dai_ Joined: Posts: 368
    New video by Maximilian:

edited July 2013
    tataki wrote: »
    Maybe that's because you don't hang around in videogame companies buildings? Do you really think development teams in general are taking it easy or some shit? The vast majority of the workers in the VG development business have very very harsh schedules FYI.

I didn't mean to imply that other developers don't work hard on their games. But DH really seems to be trying to sell the game to the FGC, listening to what they have to say, and trying to build a game we want. They are actively trying to get people to play it, and give feedback.

Capcom (as a counter example), seems to make their games in a bubble. They show it a few times sure, but that's about it. They showed a trailer for Ultra SF4 (which I am also excited for), but they won't let anyone touch it. Their whole line is, have faith because combo fiend approves changes... I respect combofiend alot, but there's a big difference between the approach of "have faith" and the approach of "try it yourself".

I think DH wants to prove something (god knows their history isn't great), and to me, it shows.

Also, tangentially related, I am friends/acquaintances with a guy that does graphic design for Blizzard... so I've been closer than most in terms of physical proximity.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,565
    Except they've already said that there will be loctests for Ultra so...yeah.

The fact that they haven't let anyone touch it yet is probably because it's not very far along at all. I mean, even the SFxT character ports look extremely meh right now, but I'd expect that.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

- game is broken

3. Again, too early.

I would agree but this is coming from a guy that is actually working on the game not an outsider and that's bad the Glacius you see now is the one you will get on release and as much as people whine about nerf this nerf that there gonna say nerf Glacius because he looks broken as hell
    DH is listening to feedback and only changing what they want and trying to putting their own little twist on it and ignoring people like Mike Z so having help from the FGC means nothing as you can see with Glacius
    I think the game looks good i'm hype for it just not hype as i was DH just really threw me off with that horrible looking Glacius
    MS give us KI & KI2 on XBL and i'm good they will most likely sell better than the new KI anyways
    I have to disagree my friend. Nostalgia and Profit do not correlate as frequently as one would think, this is something that many businesses like Capcom have found to be true (Darkstalkers).

Saitsu wrote: »
    Except they've already said that there will be loctests for Ultra so...yeah.

The fact that they haven't let anyone touch it yet is probably because it's not very far along at all. I mean, even the SFxT character ports look extremely meh right now, but I'd expect that.

There are always loketests. But theres a difference between a loketest and what DH is doing, even if its mostly just scale.

It doesn't change my point though. Hell, listening to combofiend at Evo was the first time I felt good about a SF4 update. I realize that's subjective, but so many times when you here FG developers talk about their games i just.. errgh...