Jacksonville NC and surrounding area fight club

2»

Comments

• ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,517
    If there isn't anyone rogered up by 8pm tonight then I will cancel and reschedule for next week.
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • TexasTimTexasTim Joined: Posts: 21
    Oh my. I don't know what's wrong with me.
    Is there going to be a meet up this weekend?
    Sorry for being so unreliable.
    edited September 2013
    seems as there isn't much interest in developing a local scene... oh well, perhaps later there will be.
    Post edited by ed1371 on

• TexasTimTexasTim Joined: Posts: 21
    I take it that means nothing going on this weekend?
  • DurandDurand Keyonsdad Joined: Posts: 54
    I can make it this upcoming Saturday, I will be E.A.S soon.
    Semper Fidelis
  • ShinsoBEAM!ShinsoBEAM! Magi Lyfe Joined: Posts: 306
    edited October 2013
    Okay, work insanity seems to have subsided slightly. I should be tentatively available for stuff again. Also you guys should go to CC in Raleigh on the 19???26th if its ANYTHING like the last two the entire tourney will be run at the speed of light from 10am-5ish YES A TOURNAMENT THAT ENDS BEFORE DINNER. The main events last time were.

-King of fighters XIII (Xbox 360)
    -Super Street Fighter IV AE: 2012 (Xbox 360)
    -Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
    -Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS3)
    -Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
    -Melty Blood AACC (PC)
    -Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)

But you can run a side tourney for anything as long as you get numbers. I'm pretty sure they leave 1 system up for casuals the whole time for each game.

Either 1 of 2 things happen.
    1) you play good players and level up.
    2) you body everyone and get money.
    Post edited by ShinsoBEAM! on
    "The moment that they thought about picking this game up from the store,they should've just quit... " -GammaGearJustice
  • Hollywood2010Hollywood2010 Joined: Posts: 111
    Sup guys. I've contacted ed a few times through text, but we haven't worked out a meetup or online session. There ARE a few players left in the Jacksonville area, including myself. I've played with some of the guys in other NC threads like Slayton and OJ. There are only a handful of us since Elite Zone went out of business and people started moving away. I don't get on SRK that much, however, feel free to send me a message or add me on whatever system you play. XBL: Ho11ywood2010 PSN: Hollywood2DF
    I am not really on XBL that much since I love PSN a little more. I mainly play AE, but I'm willing to play whatever it takes to get draw some more ppl out. I previously built the scene here, but like I said it died out pretty quickly due to the unusual circumstance of living in a military town where ppl come and go. Don't just send a blank request on PSN though. Let me know if you're from the Jax area and looking to play some games or try to setup a meet n greet. Thanks.
    Good games to whoever CanineVirus is.
    @ed1371 The reason why there really isn't a scene in Jacksonville is because it's not big there. If we were playing C.O.D ghost or Battlefield we would have a lot of people joining. If you still do the hosting I can continue coming to play A.E after the Newyear.
    @Hollywood2010 I have a PS3 and a xbox with A.E on both systems but I play the PS3 the most, I will be on A.E again after the new year.. I will send a friend request on PSN. I main Akuma.
    Semper Fidelis
    Durand wrote: »
    @ed1371 The reason why there really isn't a scene in Jacksonville is because it's not big there. If we were playing C.O.D ghost or Battlefield we would have a lot of people joining. If you still do the hosting I can continue coming to play A.E after the Newyear.
    @Hollywood2010 I have a PS3 and a xbox with A.E on both systems but I play the PS3 the most, I will be on A.E again after the new year.. I will send a friend request on PSN. I main Akuma.

I sent a request to ya man. Just waiting on an accept. I play rose mainly

so looking at doing a couple sessions... Jan 3rd or 4th and Jan 10th

any down?

I should have at least 2 sticks ready for KI as well.

@ed1371 I will be down for this.
    Semper Fidelis
    Sounds good man... @hollywood2010 what day works for u?

• AdamHenAdamHen LoneWolf Joined: Posts: 7
    The Name is Adam..

I know that I am a bit late but if you are still holding up a scene in Jacksonville i will most definitely be interested in being a part of this. I have been trying desperately to get a scene started but couldn't find anyone interested nor could i find the right people to talk to. I am a marine too so with me being as short on time as i was, especially since i was coming up on a deployment and constant obligations to church my time and efforts soon stopped being so present. I am still currently out of country but if your number that you posted is still accurate then i can shoot you a text with my info and let you know that I'm interested and would even like to help as much as i can as soon as i return to the states.
    Kick! Punch! Its all in the mind..... Chop Chop Master Onion

PSN: MFB_1
    XBLA: MFBAc3
    Nintendo ID: MFBAc3

You can find me...
    https://facebook.com/MFB1ACE
    twitter.com/mfbtoosmoothac3
    gamerfrolic.com <<<< Check out our site and team of gamers, comic lovers and people just like you!!
    So I've talked to Ed and the 4th and 10th seem to be the dates. Just need to confirm a time that is most convenient for him. Hey Adam. Glad to see another person interested. Hmu with your info in a pm. I also have a Facebook group that I started a while back for the local FGC and I'll give you the info if ur on it.
    I most certainly will. Look for my info and responses soon. I cant wait to chat and chop it up with you guys

You can find me...
    gamerfrolic.com <<<< Check out our site and team of gamers, comic lovers and people just like you!!
    What games do you play and on what systems by the way Adam?
    On ps3, 360, and the wii as well..
    I have SSF4: AE Tekken Tag 2, SFxT and Tekken 6 on both ps3 and 360.. SF3 Third strike online edition, UMVC3, soul calibur 4, and ps-all star battle royale on ps3 and i also have smash brothers brawl and tatsunoko vs capcom on the wii.. and mvc2 on the 360.. got a few vita games such as blazblue continuum shift extend, SFxT and tekken 6

You can find me...
    Awesome. Well send me a request on either system. I posted my info in previous posts. I'm mainly on ps3 though so if you don't see my get on xbl tgat much then that's the reason.
    i have my ps vita here so i will add you there, ill put a little message there to let you know its me. i unfortunately dont have a way to add you to xbla though

You can find me...
    edited May 2014
    Everything is set for Jan 4th.

Times are 4pm till 2am

I will do my best resurrect one of my YLOD PS3's so we have 2... I also have a 360 and an XBOX one. Have tons of room for setups... enough room and chairs for 6+ setups so if you bring a setup we can host it... I have extra sticks as well

I have simple rules for the house:

if you are under 21... you dont drink.
    If you smoke, please do so on the back patio.
    I will have food... so eat
    Dont wreck the bathrooms
    No drugs... period

Post edited by ed1371 on

Ill contact you here via pm first Ed and add you on psn as soon as im able.. Ive already talked to brandon.

You can find me...
    everything is all set for tomorrow. PM/Text me for address.

Shoutout to Ed for the great session! I encourage any and all players in the area to make it to these sessions. The bigger the player base, the more experience we can share with each other.
    edited May 2014
    Sat, Jan 18th 4pm-2am I will be hosting casuals at my house again.

Have tons of room for setups... enough room and chairs for 6+ setups so if you bring a setup we can host it... I have extra sticks as well

House Rules:

-Under 21: you dont drink.
    -Over 21: its BYOB.
    -If you smoke, please do so on the back patio.
    -I will have food (usually get 5-10 Pizzas and soda/snacks... so eat
    -Dont wreck the bathrooms
    -No drugs... period
    -There are folks from all different walks of life/backgrounds... Racism/intolerance will result in a quick boot out the door
    -This is in Base housing so keep things civil and be courteous to others.
    -First timers/new folks should be made to feel welcome

Never had a problem hosting before (almost 4 years biweekly in Cali) and I dont foresee it being an issue here either... but I do need to make sure everyone is on the same page!
    Post edited by ed1371 on

event created... https://www.facebook.com/events/1437870379763225/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular join the group and feel free to come over

edited February 2014
    casuals and tourny https://www.facebook.com/events/266067173552035
    running at the next event... feb 22nd.

• ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Ok for those that have called the hotel to reserve the normal double bed rooms under the FR17 group rate $93(normally $120) and there are sold out so let me see if I can get some more rooms added! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD START GOING FAST! Give me some time and i'll call the hotel tomorrow morning to try and get more hotel rooms open for the FR17 group. If I can get more rooms added to the group you better reserve them when you can! We are probably going to book the whole hotel full of FR17 peeps! Also be advised that all rooms under the FR group rate will receive free wifi throughout your stay at FR17!

"As of right now only rooms available online for the FR discounted rate are the following:"

1 king bed = $93 per night- normally $119
    2 double bed executive floor= $119 per night- normally $150
    1 king bed executive floor= $113 per night- normally $150
    1 king junior suite= $133 per night-normally $245 ask Tray "Iceman" because this is what they tried to charge him per night without the FR group rate!"

If I can gets some more rooms make sure you grab them at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10704122

There's only 18 days until online registration is closed so you need to get that badge asap to save $10 on your badges. Register online for FINAL ROUND XVII and save $10 off the badge. Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to sign up for the games/badges so we can make pools well in advance.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    Saturday 22 Feb at 4:00pm until Sunday at 2:00am

FB Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FGEjax/

Fighting games casuals... 2 tourneys... SSFIV and one to be announced... Buy in for tournaments is $2 each game. Payout will be 70/20/10 percentage I will also have a free raffle open to all for a stick mod for any system to include Xbox one.

Text (435) 625-1371 for the address if you haven't been before.

Have tons of room for setups... enough room and chairs for 6+ setups so if you bring a setup we can host it... I have extra sticks as well

House Rules:

-I will have food (usually get 5-10 Pizzas and soda/snacks... so eat
    -No drugs... period
    -There are folks from all different walks of life/backgrounds... Racism/intolerance will result in a quick boot out the door

We had another session this past weekend... was ton a fun and was fortunate enough to have damdai humble everyone...lol.. in all seriousness he is a very nice/respectable guy and just cool all around. Very much appreciated.

Couple of new folks and everyone was as usual, very cool. GG to all and you folks are always welcome in my house.

• webweaverwebweaver That Felt Good, Didn't It? Joined: Posts: 231
    hello everyone I will be visiting a friend of mine who lives in burlington. I will be there for a week and was wondering if there was a group in that area to get some games in with. I play a little sf4,gg, and cross tekken mostly. if someone could help me find a group to play with that would be great. im always looking to meet players from different regions.

Thanks,

webweaver
    A good conversation is like a skirt, short enough to keep your interest, yet long enough to cover the subject. - Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia
    Having casuals this weekend:

Jacksonville Fight Club Casuals
    May 3rd 2014 (4 pm to 2 am)
    My place

Event info can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1447499588827055

If you would like to come, check out the details and join the event on FB.

There are all skill ranges and we always have a good time. New folks welcome but PLEASE read the details. This takes place on Camp Lejeune Housing and you just need to get a pass if you dont have a base sticker on your car. (which is an easy process as I call the visitors center ahead of time with everyones names).

• caliberclarkcaliberclark Joined: Posts: 115
    i sent you a message ed........I would definitely love to get some games in!
    edited June 2014
    Posted in our FB Group...

Saturday 14 June at 6:00pm until 11:00pm

FB Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FGEjax/

Fighting games casuals...

Text (435) 625-1371 for the address if you haven't been before.

Have tons of room for setups... Damdai is bringing his SSF2T supergun, and enough room and chairs for 6+ setups so if you bring a setup we can host it... I have extra sticks as well

House Rules:

-We will collect $ for pizza order if you want to eat, I will have some sodas/water for folks.
    -No drugs... period
    -No small children, please find a sitter.
    -There are folks from all different walks of life/backgrounds... Racism/intolerance of any lifestyles will result in a quick boot out the door

• meatmeat Joined: Posts: 4
    This still active?
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    I never knew there was a Jacksonville thread! You guys civilians or Devil Dogs? Been forever since I was in NC, stationed at Cherry Point. Anyway... pretty much any other thread on SRK... dead. lol

Everyone migrated over to FB groups
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
2»