Magic the Gathering Thread

Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,555
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
BR3N7 wrote: »
So guys I want to bring to light a serious thing and I was gonna remake this thread at one point and this would be put in the front if I had.

Counterfeit cards are real and now so close to real cards you need to go to extreme measure. This is more for Modern and Legacy and Vintage but still be careful.

I just bought a Bayou and got it today and it seemed off, I wont be able to make sure its fake till tomorrow but I also got a badlands a while back and it also might be fake and this was from a accredited seller. Wasn't till I did some research to realize that there is a Chinese seller putting these counterfeits out there.

So you go to buy ANY card over $20 make sure you get proof its real if you have ANY reason to doubt it. Fakes are not a concern until they are. Get your knowledge up and if you have a local scene share with them this info. Many ways to check for fakes knowledge and now they seem to be too high a saturation in the pool. I know I personally will not buy anymore real cards unless by a real company or I get for sure they are legit. These "proxy" cards are so close to a real thing a person just getting into legacy etc may not realize what they are getting.
Post edited by Jion_Wansu on

Comments

• TanionTanion The Elusive One Joined: Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2013
    I think it is rather absurd that they keep the FTV series strictly for game stores only. Anytime a money card gets printed it goes freaking through the roof. I think the only time it wasn't crazy expensive was FTV: Legends. At the time Commander hasn't truly kicked in yet so I remember my game store using it as additional prize support to being in newer players. Just look at how FTV: 20 is now. Sure you could have pre-ordered it without knowing wtf you would get but just because Jace, The Mind Raper gets reprinted doesn't mean you gotta charge 400 freaking dollars for a box.

The resonator is a pretty cool ability. I think it rounds out every "ability" doubler. Rings of Brighthearth for activated ability doubling , Resonator for Triggers and Sundial of the Infinite to stop abilities [and basically anything].
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,555
    Step 1: Use Strionic Resonator to copy the imprint trigger on Isochron Scepter, exiling Final Fortune and Angel's Grace. Step 2: Take infinite turns. That's like Gill's infinite in Third Strike...
  • BR3N7BR3N7 The Private Investigator! Joined: Posts: 1,861
    Alrighty guys I'm a serious OG mtg player , my first set was the dark my last set was Apocalypse . And played as one of the top DBZ players for years and played vs system for years too and like 20 other games in between.

Anyways lately I've been watching the scg stream ( where was this 10 years ago lol ) and I got that itch to try and rekindle what made me love tcgs ,

I see the main format is standard and my question is what is the cheapest deck to make that is good , I'm in preference of control but I don't want to spend more than 100 for a deck to try at Fnm for the last of this format to see if I really wanna retrying playing this game again .

Thanks !
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,765
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Step 1: Use Strionic Resonator to copy the imprint trigger on Isochron Scepter, exiling Final Fortune and Angel's Grace. Step 2: Take infinite turns. That's like Gill's infinite in Third Strike...

Except that wouldn't work.

Isochron is an activated ability, not a triggered ability.

• beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,488
    edited August 2013
    What the hell even happens when you copy an imprint trigger anyway? I'm assuming the second imprint just overrides the first imprint. The wording for scepter says "copy THE imprinted... and play THE copy", which implies you can only have one thing imprinted at a time. Hell is it even allowed to double imprint cards? lol

I guess Reasonator and Scepter combo just turns the Imprint ability from a triggered one into an activated one then.
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    Alrighty guys I'm a serious OG mtg player , my first set was the dark my last set was Apocalypse . And played as one of the top DBZ players for years and played vs system for years too and like 20 other games in between.

Anyways lately I've been watching the scg stream ( where was this 10 years ago lol ) and I got that itch to try and rekindle what made me love tcgs ,

I see the main format is standard and my question is what is the cheapest deck to make that is good , I'm in preference of control but I don't want to spend more than 100 for a deck to try at Fnm for the last of this format to see if I really wanna retrying playing this game again .

Thanks !
    The price of Standard got blown the fuck up ever since they added in mythics. Have fun chasing playsets of $50+ card as opposed to $20 back in the days.
    beesuit wrote: »
    What the hell even happens when you copy an imprint trigger anyway? I'm assuming the second imprint just overrides the first imprint. The wording for scepter says "copy THE imprinted... and play THE copy", which implies you can only have one thing imprinted at a time. Hell is it even allowed to double imprint cards? lol

I guess Reasonator and Scepter combo just turns the Imprint ability from a triggered one into an activated one then.

I don't think it would work. Even if you copied the imprint effect you still need the card removed from the game and there's only one card.

There are a few cards that let you imprint multiple cards on the same card, like Panoptic Mirror for example.
    edited August 2013
    Yea using Jion's example, you'd still only get to keep either one of Final Fortune or Angel's Grace on the Scepter. I don't think you'd be able to get both at the same time.
    Another similar ruling to copying effects and imprinting can be seen on the Cipher ability out of the new Ravnica set:
    Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of this card without paying its mana cost.)

Technically speaking, every time the creature deals combat damage it copies the ciphered spell, meaning the cipher effect does get copied as well. However, you can't attach this copied spell triggered from cipher onto another creature because it's a copy, not a card. Cipher needs a spell card to properly encode itself onto a creature, just like Isochron scepter needs an instant card to imprint as it comes into play.

So technically you could copy the imprint ability, you'd just have to produce another card to be imprinted. But even if you did do that you couldn't really do anything with it because Strionic Resonator has no way of actually doing anything with an imprinted card. It would need Isochron's activated ability.

If you chose a new target and imprinted both on Isochron, the triggered ability on Isochron is clearly copying a single imprinted card. So even if you did end up with two cards imprinted on the same Isochron you'd still have to choose which one to copy when you activated it. You couldn't get both.
    edited August 2013
    So I did a bit of googling and apparently you get to cast both (or none, or just the one) imprinted cards and in any order with the scepter and resonator combo. Fucking nuts.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-questions/strionic-resonator-and-isochron-scepter/
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=10442497
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=10435039#post10435039
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=10452970
    Strionic Resonator targets a triggered ability that has triggered and is on the stack.
    The source of the copy is the same as the source of the original ability.
    If the triggered ability is modal (that is, if it says "Choose one —" or similar), the mode is copied and can't be changed.
    * If the triggered ability divides damage or distributes counters among a number of targets (for example, the ability of Bogardan Hellkite), the division and number of targets can't be changed. If you choose new targets, you must choose the same number of targets.
    * Any choices made when the triggered ability resolves won't have been made yet when it's copied. Any such choices will be made separately when the copy resolves. If the triggered ability asks you to pay a cost (for example, as the extort ability from the Return to Ravnicablock does), you pay that cost for the copy.
    * If a triggered ability is linked to a second ability, copies of that triggered ability are also linked to that second ability. If the second ability refers to "the exiled card," it refers to all cards exiled by the triggered ability and the copy. For example, if Exclusion Ritual's enters-the-battlefield ability is copied and two nonland permanents are exiled, players can't cast spells with the same name as either exiled card.
    In some cases involving linked abilities, an ability requires information about "the exiled card." When this happens, the ability gets multiple answers. If these answers are being used to determine the value of a variable, the sum is used. For example, if Elite Arcanist's enters-the-battlefield ability is copied, two cards are exiled. The value of X in the activation cost of Elite Arcanist's other ability is the sum of the two cards' converted mana costs. As the ability resolves, you create copies of both cards and can cast none, one, or both of the copies in any order.

Source: http://wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/faq/m14 (scroll bout 7/10 of the way down, or just crt + f for strionic resonator)
    Wow...sometimes I feel like Magic rules aren't consistent at all. That ruling makes no sense to me considering their past rulings on Imprint.

Strionic Resonator seems like a ruling nightmare and surprises me that it even made it out of R&D.
  • TanionTanion The Elusive One Joined: Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    Matriarch wrote: »
    Wow...sometimes I feel like Magic rules aren't consistent at all. That ruling makes no sense to me considering their past rulings on Imprint.

Strionic Resonator seems like a ruling nightmare and surprises me that it even made it out of R&D.

Yeah it is essentially the "imprint part" is were Resonator can let you get away with casting two spells. Same thing goes for Oblivion Ring like effects exiling two things at the same time as well as those things returning if O-Ring left the battlefield. But I believe they may be dumbing down effects like that if you look at the new M14 cards Banisher Priest and Colossal Whale. http://magiccards.info/m14/en/48.html / http://magiccards.info/m14/en/7.html

Normally with stack shennigans you can exile things forever with O-rings. But with those aforementioned cards there is no way to exile things forever. Maybe a Turn/Burn can exile a thing forever but I don't know for sure. Pretty much gotta look at cards that have [when," "whenever," or "at]. So it works for upkeep stuffs.
    edited August 2013
    They've been dumbing this game down for ages now so nothing new there. Even pre-releases have been resorting to more and more gimmicky bullshit (pick your allegiance with New Phyrexia, the Guildpack shenanigans in Ravnica and now this quest thing for Theros). I'm still upset they got rid of mana burn and combat damage no longer stacking.
    edited August 2013
    Matriarch wrote: »

Except that wouldn't work.

Isochron is an activated ability, not a triggered ability.

It does work. The triggered ability is when Isochron comes into to play to imprint. Instead of exiling 1 instant, you exile 2 instants and put it on Isochron scepter. Because you have both instants imprinted on the scepter, everytime you tap 2 to activate scepter, both imprinted spells get cast at the same time. Imagine if you have 2 dark rituals imprinted on one scepter. Imagine if you had something like 2 lightning bolts on one scepter, or put a counterspell and a bommerang on 1 scepter...

EDIT:
    Boel wrote: »
    Preppy I need a boss playmat, so of course i hit up ZACHDDOTCOM to abscond with high res stage images and it all like NOPE JUST CAVE, ok I dl'd abridged originals haha

what you doin to me man

also I am gonna be goin to Legacy/Vintage champs in illadelphia probably (mostly cus it in my state and cuz lolvintage) should be a good time but it aint til november

oh yo also new oracle ruling where a card's expansion is whichever one it is first printed in so now CITY IN A BOTTLE hits every city of brass dredge watch out son

I think I have that Karakas card, i gotta look. What's the new oracle ruling????
    Post edited by Jion_Wansu on
    Wow I just thought of a lot of other cards that combos with Strionic Resonator which will make Strionic Resonator banned and/or restricted in some tournament formats. On card that comes to mind is Lord of the Pit...
  • ETEP1ETEP1 From The Bay to LA Joined: Posts: 1,515
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys! I'm trying to build an affinity deck at the moment to play more modern.

I went through a buddy of mine's cards the other day and was able to find the majority of the deck--my biggest problem (surprise surprise!) is the lands and some rare creatures.

Lands (almost all of them):
    Inkmoth Nexus x 4
    Blinkmoth Nexus x 4
    Glimmervoid x 4

Creatures
    arcbound ravager x 3 (he had 1)
    etched champion x 4

at this moment in time I'd be more willing to trade if anything. Just thought I would see if anybody on these boards had any of those cards. Hit me up if you wanna get rid of some oldies but goodies. I'm pretty sure all of my cards are from this standard block since i'm getting back into the game again :-/
    Post edited by ETEP1 on
    San Francisco 49ers fan---Washington Redskins fan---Miami Dolphins fan
    Warriors fan---Celtics fan

Fighting games make me happy
    edited August 2013
    Putting Broodstar in there?

Disciple of the Vault and Shatterstorm combo would be good too...
  • fizzywoemacfizzywoemac Team Pwendines Joined: Posts: 403
    Yo disciple of the vault is a craaaazy good one drop, highly recommend. Also broodstar has won me many a game (same with chromescale drake and mycosynth golem).

So im looking for some fun deck ideas before i go back to college, thinking im gonna run some squirrel tribal, already got a combo elf deck in the works (just gotta get 3 more glimpses). Anybody here have any fun deck ideas that arent insanely expensive?
    Counterpicking Sagat with Honda since forever
  • AlanEdrickAlanEdrick Joined: Posts: 1,216
    ETEP1 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm trying to build an affinity deck at the moment to play more modern.

I went through a buddy of mine's cards the other day and was able to find the majority of the deck--my biggest problem (surprise surprise!) is the lands and some rare creatures.

Lands (almost all of them):
    Inkmoth Nexus x 4
    Blinkmoth Nexus x 4
    Glimmervoid x 4

Creatures
    arcbound ravager x 3 (he had 1)
    etched champion x 4

at this moment in time I'd be more willing to trade if anything. Just thought I would see if anybody on these boards had any of those cards. Hit me up if you wanna get rid of some oldies but goodies. I'm pretty sure all of my cards are from this standard block since i'm getting back into the game again :-/
    http://www.mtgdecks.net/decks/viewByArchetype/804 here you go
    new spoiler up for the next set
    http://mythicspoiler.com/
    edited August 2013
    Man they're really pushing that epic as shit theme in this one lol

Indestructible Gods.
    Monstrosity.
    Devotion.
    Heroic.
    Enchantment everything. If there is no enchantment land or legendary enchantment land in this block I will be disappoint lol

I like how they managed to shoehorn Gods into this with the devotion and enchantment interplay. If there's enough devotion to your God (i.e people worshiping it), then it allows them to manifest and proceed to wreck shit up. Otherwise they remain as myths and continue to do more subtle work as enchantments. Very nice flavour.
    Wow, those are some Type 1 kinda cards. Come on now. really? And indestructible 5/5 creature with a casting cost of 3 mana? I guess Wizards is pushing mono colored decks now. I can see those cards being restricted in Type 1 or something...
    they should have put a picture of Gill on that card to the right:

FTjtjLw.jpg
    I just realized that Theros has a Greek theme. Looks like Wizards is going back to themes. Portal set is Chinese, Kamigawa is Japanese, Theros is Greek, Arabian Nights is Arabic. What other themes were there?

edited September 2013
    Wow, those are some Type 1 kinda cards. Come on now. really? And indestructible 5/5 creature with a casting cost of 3 mana? I guess Wizards is pushing mono colored decks now. I can see those cards being restricted in Type 1 or something...
    ya it cost 3 but you have to have 5 blue permanents to make it a creature so its not really that bad. The new jites equipments cards for each color are going to be a lot better, and reprinting thoughtseize and manga jet makes me very happy. The gods are going to be used for mostly noobs. That new blue god could only work in legacy merfolk decks. The god cards are hardly going to be used in standard, since you need 5 of the same color spells in play to make them a creature.

Once the rotation happens Jund will die, and Red Green decks with be the top decks to beat
    poliscrusher.jpg
    thoughtseize1.jpg
    magmajet.jpg
    polukranosworldeater.jpg
    bowofnylea.jpg
    Devotion ain't the number of permanents. It's the number of said mana symbols in the casting cost of all permanents you control. I think five four (since the God itself counts as one) is very doable. On turn 4 you could potentially be swinging or getting hit with a fat 5/5 blue indestructible dude with who knows what ability.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,578 mod
    The red and green legendary artifacts are fucking nuts. On one hand, i am enjoy the hell out of all the little things being introduced. It seems like it'll be a really interesting standard. On the other I am slightly scared shitless for GP: Albuquerque since all the color seem to be getting some powerful love. There doesn't seem to be something that is on the obvious side of bonkers.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited September 2013
    Devotion ain't the number of permanents. It's the number of said mana symbols in the casting cost of all permanents you control. I think five four (since the God itself counts as one) is very doable. On turn 4 you could potentially be swinging or getting hit with a fat 5/5 blue indestructible dude with who knows what ability.
    thats still hardly broken compared to other stuff thats been in standard. Indestructible is such a over rated ability, sure its pretty good, but when you see that it gets killed by sac spells, counter spells, removed from game spells, its not as good as you think
    When you consider that a lot of the removal for Aggro deck comes in the form of blocking, I assure you that indestructible is not overrated. They are probably going to keep working at spreading threats around so that you need a clusterfuck of removal to deal with all of it.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

aggro might have hard time, but control decks wont. I see more people playing mod, which is nice, dont feel like playing standard anyways. Legacy is still fun
    edited September 2013
    AlanEdrick wrote: »
    thats still hardly broken compared to other stuff thats been in standard. Indestructible is such a over rated ability, sure its pretty good, but when you see that it gets killed by sac spells, counter spells, removed from game spells, its not as good as you think
    Never said it was, just correcting how devotion works. But I guess I play limited and commander so there's a difference in value for indestructible here.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,401
    Removal will most likely be not so good in the coming block, because the powers that be are trying to make auras matter.

Silly WotC. Thoughtseize reprint is the only thing that matters.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    Especially with all these aura's bringing shit back or replacing stuff all the time.
    "Killed my dude on a griffin? Well the griffin's still here, keep flying this bastard!"
    "Oh what, gift of immortality? Guess my monstrosity ain't going anywhere, have fun fighting it sucker"
    I just realized that Theros has a Greek theme. Looks like Wizards is going back to themes. Portal set is Chinese, Kamigawa is Japanese, Theros is Greek, Arabian Nights is Arabic. What other themes were there?
    Almost every magic set/block has had a theme. Where the hell you been at all this time? lol
    edited September 2013
    ...you have to have 5 blue permanents to make it a creature so its not really that bad...

You don't need 5 blue permanents. You need 5 blue total mana symbols combined amongst all of your permanents!!!

EDIT: So like by turn 3 you can have a 5/5 indestructible, "you just got owned for free, bitch," in play.

Also:

126899b9100f3a63444ae9956e2fac9f.jpg?itok=-Jby22uu

And black seems like blue in Theros with all the card advantage spells
    edited September 2013
    ...you have to have 5 blue permanents to make it a creature so its not really that bad...

You don't need 5 blue permanents. You need 5 blue total mana symbols combined amongst all of your permanents!!!
    thats still not that broken, you still need to have other spells in play to make them creatures. If you think thats as bad as Type 1 you dont know much about type 1. A type 1 deck thats tier 1 should win on turn 1 or 2. No one plays type 1 anymore anyway. Mod is going to get better right now the decks to beat are blue white control, the rock, pod, and robots. Yet none of those decks are that broken.

I don't play type 2. What happens if you have Theros cards in type 1 and type 1.5?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,052
    I didn't know there was a MTG topic here on SRK forums till today.
    I have been playing MTG for over 10 years now in RL and online.
    Such an amazing game.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    There was an old thread in created in 2006, but that thread got hijacked and screwed up and has too many posts. Here's the new one...
    edited September 2013
    I don't play type 2. What happens if you have Theros cards in type 1 and type 1.5?
    there still not broken, the red and green equipment cards might get used but; the blue god might get used in merfolk. Though merfolk is like tier 2.
    sylvancaryatid.jpg
    this card also might get used in legacy and modern

For a card to make it in legacy it has to be at least less then 3 mana, and very good fast, and have a very good ability. Like death rite shaman made it in legacy cause he has 3 abilities cost 1 mana, and is a 1/2 talk about amazing. Abrubt decay made it in legacy cause it only cost 2 mana cant be countered, and destroy's anything 3 or less. For a card cost more then 3 mana has to be really amazing to make it in legacy like Jace, Jace is just amazing card thats why he can be played in legacy. For a card to cost more then 4 mana in legacy it better win you the game. For the gods to make it in legacy is hard cause legacy decks need to win at least on turn 3.

and here is all the legacy decks and top decks http://www.mtgdecks.net/formats/view/Legacy
    and the top decks that win use counter spells, discard, and creature removal, sneak and show wins by throwing flying spaghetti monster with haste and attacking for 15. Not to mention sideboard for even more control. I play legacy death and taxes and indestructible does nothing vs my deck. I have so many things that just remove creatures from game so the gods wont even matter that much
    edited September 2013
    Just Royal Assassin that bitch spaghetti monster...

EDIT: What's the ruling on Wrath Of God? I know that back in the day Wrath Of God removed creatures in the graveyard that had protection from white and creatures that are indestructible...

EDIT: What's the ruling on Wrath Of God? I know that back in the day Wrath Of God removed creatures in the graveyard that had protection from white and creatures that are indestructible...

God damn, so many things wrong with this post....

1. Royal Assasin can't do shit to Sylvan 'bitch spaghetti monster' Caryatid. Hexproof, you can't target it. End of story.
    2. Wrath of God was a 'bury' effect i.e: Destroy and can't be regenerated. It never removed/exiled nor did it ever touch things in the graveyard.
    3. Wrath of God killed protection from white dudes because it was a global effect and wasn't specifically targeting it. That's one of the work around to deal with Protection.
    4. Wrath of God can't do shit to Indestructibles, those creatures are immune to any destroy effects which is what Wrath of God does.

God damn, so many things wrong with this post....

1. Royal Assasin can't do shit to Sylvan 'bitch spaghetti monster' Caryatid. Hexproof, you can't target it. End of story.
    2. Wrath of God was a 'bury' effect i.e: Destroy and can't be regenerated. It never removed/exiled nor did it ever touch things in the graveyard.
    3. Wrath of God killed protection from white dudes because it was a global effect and wasn't specifically targeting it. That's one of the work around to deal with Protection.
    4. Wrath of God can't do shit to Indestructibles, those creatures are immune to any destroy effects which is what Wrath of God does.

We are talking about this thing, right? If so, Royal Assassin destroys it the instant it becomes tapped...
    edited September 2013
    lol thought u were talking bout this sylvancaryatid.jpg. Both fit the spaghetti description haha
    Either way you still gotta sac 6 to Emrakul if you let it tap to attack and then you gotta pray it doesn't come back down again after getting Royal Assasinated lol
    lol. so wait, i haven't played magic in a while. does annihilator resolve even if it gets "Assassinated"? I guess because Emrakul is attacking. In this case, how do the new rules work with Mana Short. Let's say I'm in my main phase, my opponent casts Mana Short and taps all my land, empties all mana from my mana pool. In response can I cast instants before all my mana's emptied from my pool, or I can't do anything until my next turn???
    edited September 2013
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=370670&type=card

Image.ashx?multiverseid=2366&type=card

Image.ashx?multiverseid=2111&type=card

With these 5 cards in play you gain 14 life during every upkeep...
    edited September 2013
    There's an edit button. No need to double post.
    lol. so wait, i haven't played magic in a while. does annihilator resolve even if it gets "Assassinated"? I guess because Emrakul is attacking. In this case, how do the new rules work with Mana Short. Let's say I'm in my main phase, my opponent casts Mana Short and taps all my land, empties all mana from my mana pool. In response can I cast instants before all my mana's emptied from my pool, or I can't do anything until my next turn???
    Annihilator triggers and goes on the stack as soon as the creature is declared attacking which is something that you can't respond to (since declaring attackers doesn't go on the stack). You can respond to the Annihilator trigger with Royal Assassin to kill off Emrakrul but the Annihilator 6 is still gonna resolve since it's already on the stack. Either you do something before creatures are declared attacking/blocking or after (i.e you can't wait for your opponent to say which creatures that they're attacking/blocking with and tap it so they can't attack/block. You need to tap it before they declare attackers/blockers otherwise that shit's cheap lol)

Tapping land for mana or using mana doesn't go on the stack. Your opponents can't stop you from doing any of those. So yes, in response to Mana Short you can still tap lands to add mana and play instants on top of it before it gets to resolve. Remember that spells resolve on the stack starting with the ones on top (earlier spells are the last to resolve), which is technically how the game allows you to respond to stuff.

edited September 2013

lol man you are a super noob if you think Royal Assassin is going to do anything vs sneak and show decks. And man the advice you give for legacy is noobish anyways. You are never going to win with lord of the pit in legacy. Royal Assassin doesnt do jack shit in legacy man, its to slow. Im just wondering what deck do you even use in legacy? Do you even know what a real legacy deck is? Just saying cause you give some of the worst advice. And im not sure you understand how legacy works. Net decks win tournaments 100% of the time, and you just cant say such and such will beat this cause I think it will. If you dont know how to play vs

esperblade
    delver decks
    shardless bug
    Ant
    sneak and show
    12 post
    goblins
    death and taxes
    mud
    Tezzart control
    miracles
    Jund
    nic fit
    Elfs
    Merfolk

if you dont know how to play vs these decks you wont stand a chance in legacy
    Post edited by AlanEdrick on
  • strider30strider30 Joined: Posts: 22
    I have a black casual deck where I play with 3 Royal Assassin cards. I think the card is Very good in casual matches, but I don't know how good it is in legacy tournaments. Btw, I am glad to know that there is a mtg thread on shoryuken. Now I can both read about SSF4 Ae and Mtg- two of my favourite games.
    Royal assassin is a great card, actually. It may not be a Legacy powerhouse but you know, any format that people can't access because there aren't enough lands for players inherently sucks dick.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    selynsia charm, and the white card half of the red/white split card from dragons maze. Im gonna exile all your shit. Your indestructible doesnt faze me.

But on a real note, WG is gonna be beastly. That two cost lion is bonkers.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

Image.ashx?multiverseid=46741&type=card

These two cards together will be great in type 1.5 and type 1. Just think about the infinite mana and infinite card drawing possibilities with these two cards!!!