Magic the Gathering Thread

Comments

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,287
    It's not a thing but some of the guys just run pre-made commander packs. The guys with their own Commanders have weird stuff like Kruphix which is a Lab Maniac thing. Other stuff is Lazav and a whole heap of copy creatures and Krenko Goblin Tribal. Another guy has a Slivers deck. One dude plays the gifting Goat or I'd probably run him.
    edited March 7
    Oh there is another deck that's all Cascade stuff and a guy that doesn't come out often has a Mardu Angels and Demons thing, Kaalia or something. It's a lot of random stuff mostly
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,211
    edited March 7
    I really like Cataclysmic Gearhulk in any white based control deck, it helps dealing with messy board states. I think you should make room for it in your list, Frosty.

I will post my edh decks, too, any ideas are welcome:

Karador
    Sac outlets:
    - Ashnod altar
    - Birthing pod
    - carrion feeder
    - sadistic hypnotyst
    - grim backwoods
    - high market

Combo/Win con:
    - Acidic slime
    - Blood Artist
    - karmic guide
    - reveillark
    - saffi eriksdotter
    - sun titan
    - yosei morningstar
    - living death

Reanimation:
    - apprentice necromancer
    - doomed necromancer
    - reya dawnbringger

Removal:
    - angel of despair
    - ashen rider
    - Cataclysmic gearhulk
    - demon of dark schemes
    - luminate primordial
    - merciless executioner
    - necrotic sliver
    - shadowborn demon
    - shriekmaw
    - vengeful pharaoh
    - woodfal primus

Protection
    - benevolent guardian
    - riftsweeper
    - spore frog

Tutors:
    - corpse connoseur
    - rune-scarred demon
    - sidisi
    - buried alive
    - demonic collusion
    - jarad's orders

Ramp:
    - dawntreader elk
    - farhaven elf
    - primal druid
    - sakura tribe elder
    - sylvan caryatid
    - viridian emissaries
    - wood elves
    - yavimaya dryad
    - yavimaya granger

Recursion:
    - eternal witness

Dredge:
    - golgari grave troll
    - golgari thug
    - hermit druid
    - millikin
    - satyr wayfinder
    - shambling shell
    - stiknweed imp
    - grisly salvage
    - dakmoor salvage
    - commune with the gods
    - gather the pack
    - life from the loam
    - scout the borders
    - mulch

Others:
    - Jarad, goglari leech lord
    - loaming shaman
    - mindslicer

It is my semi competitive edh deck - all in graveyard, with the Karador combo, but without the expensive cards, fast mana and crazy tutors.

My 2nd edh deck is Vorel:
    Adds counters:
    - Animation module
    - Bow of nylea
    - Contagion clasp
    - Contagion engine
    - Throne of Geth
    - bloodspore thrinax
    - cytoplast root-kin
    - deepglow skate
    - forgotten ancient
    - gilder bairn
    - master biomancer
    - thrummingbird
    - hardened scales
    - inexorable tide
    - nissa, voice of zendikar

Ramp:
    - Astral cornucopia
    - Eveflowin chalice
    - devoted druid
    - fertilid
    - gyre sage
    - kiora's follower
    - kruphix, god of horizon
    - map the wastes
    - farhaven elf

Protection:
    - Cauldron of Souls
    - plaxcaster frogling
    - spike weaver
    - sporeback troll
    - inspiring call

Removal:
    - Infused arrows
    - serrated arrows
    - Lux Cannon
    - Ainok survivalist
    - trygon predator

Tokens:
    - Orochi Hatchery
    - Chasm skulker
    - hooded hydra
    - mycoloth
    - pentavus
    - spike breeder
    - triskelavus

Card Draw:
    - Fathom mage
    - mindless automaton
    - prime speaker zegana
    - rashmi
    - sage of fables
    - zameck guildmage

Tutors:
    - genesis hydra
    - trinket mage
    - fabricate

Win con:
    - Sage of hours
    - triskelion
    - Viral Drake

Others:
    - Champion of Lambholt
    - Experiment kraj
    - murkfiend liege
    - progenitor mimic
    - sapphire drake
    - tuskguard captain
    - vigean graftmage
    - kiora, master of depths

This is my pet deck, It's more casual, but I would really like to make it better, so I really appreciate any help here. The idea is simple: you put counters on everything (including lands), then double them, triple them, then draw a ton of cards, make a bilion tokens, put a ton of counters on them, and kill everybody somehow.
    I tried to find some combo but I couldn't come up with anything aside taking extra turns with Ssge of hours and shooting everybody with triskelion. Viral drake is an alternate win con, killing with infect.
    The deck is a tad slow, put if I have time to develop my board, it does some crazy things. And since Vorel is not seen as a major menace, usually I'm not a prime target.

Also, I'm not using very expensive cards for edh. I can post the deck on tappedout if it's easier to check it out

Edit: vorel on tappedout - http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-03-17-vorel/

Post edited by Emanuelb on

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,849
    I play Prossh combo, which is something along the lines of:
    Prossh, Skyraider of Kher

Combo pieces:
    Xenagos, God of Revels
    Purphoros, God of the Forge
    Hit // Run
    Temur Battle Rage
    Armed // Dangerous
    Fireshrieker
    Hatred
    Beastmaster Ascension
    Impact Tremors
    Fecundity
    Shared Animosity

Bunch of tutor effects and card draw
    Bunch of kill spells, graveyard hate, artifact/enchantment destruction and boardwipes
    A couple of semi-big creatures

13 ramp spells
    38 lands

The deck is pretty easy to hate against, and the combo is always telegraphed, but if you don't deal with the combo pieces the round I play them you're always in risk of dying the next round. And, since everyone here plays super-durdly decks that basically consists of super-high value creatures and boardwipes, this deck forces them to not just be durdly as all fuck.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,211
    No food chain ? that thing is silly in Prosh. Once we lost on t3 with Prosh chain combo kill. I have friend who runs Prosh, strong deck but still fun to play against.

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 20,915 mod
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    I am selective of the fun I hate.

That's you, you big meanie. :dizzy:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited March 7
    Emanuelb wrote: »
    No food chain ? that thing is silly in Prosh. Once we lost on t3 with Prosh chain combo kill. I have friend who runs Prosh, strong deck but still fun to play against.

My group used to play with achievement points as victory condition, in which you'd lose infinite points if you did any kind of infinite loop. We usually don't use achievements nowadays, but that house rule kinda stuck. Nobody liked it when everybody played dumb instant kill decks that required specific hate to beat.

I mean, Prossh is kind of a dumb combo deck (I had a game recently where I got an insane start and killed one player at turn 3 and a second one at turn 4), but most of the time I have to actually attack to win, so we don't really mind since that makes it pretty easy to interact with me.
    I'd give you recs Emmanuel but I don't really have much Commander experience. In order I play Modern, Limited and Standard generally, Commander is just so much fun for casual games.

As for White Hulk, I was thinking about it, I think it was a toss-up with Steel Hellkite when I was writing the deck. I might be better off with White Hulk but I don't like opponents choose effects. I think it would also be better in decks with Walkers, my deck notably has none haha. I ran out of deck spots for them. I also have like... I dunno, 13 artis? I don't really want to nuke them. I have Austere Command for messy boardstates too plus Steel Hellkite, Verdict, a bunch of draw and tutors to find them.
    edited March 7
    Naeras wrote: »
    Emanuelb wrote: »

My group used to play with achievement points as victory condition, in which you'd lose infinite points if you did any kind of infinite loop. We usually don't use achievements nowadays, but that house rule kinda stuck. Nobody liked it when everybody played dumb instant kill decks that required specific hate to beat.

I mean, Prossh is kind of a dumb combo deck (I had a game recently where I got an insane start and killed one player at turn 3 and a second one at turn 4), but most of the time I have to actually attack to win, so we don't really mind since that makes it pretty easy to interact with me.

One of the guys in our group doesn't really run a combo deck but he does the odd combo like Peregrine Drake and Deadeye Navigator. He also has Drowner of Hope in the deck, Eldrazi Displacer, Panharmonicon so he has a bunch of ways to go infinite mana. It's not really the point of his deck, his Commander is Roon and he's mostly just trying to flicker tame ETB effects but every now and then he does it and casts Blue Suns Zenith for like a billion on someone. It usually gets laughs when he does but if his whole deck was trying to just belch it out fast as possible it would get old.
    Man i love deadeye since it was in standard. Won a lot of games with deadeye and thragtusk/angle of fuck a gameboard.

Had hum.in my UG deck when i was building a commander deck.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,171
    edited March 8
    Pertho wrote: »
    That's you, you big meanie. :dizzy:

Complaining about games is the spice of life.

---

Speaking of EDH, my old playgroup had simple house-rules that made it infinitely better IMHO:
    1. No cards are banned
    2. Players can only search libraries for basic lands

That's it. No tutoring for anything except basic lands. 99.99% of the format's problems were instantly solved.
    Post edited by ukyo_rulz on
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    Man i love deadeye since it was in standard. Won a lot of games with deadeye and thragtusk/angle of fuck a gameboard.

Had hum.in my UG deck when i was building a commander deck.

I used to play Azorius Aggro back then. It was really strong and fun.

Deadeye + Peregrine is a really easy 2 card combo in Commander. His deck is actually pretty cool, it has Witness and a bunch of other neat ETB creatures and basically just flickers the crap out of them. Bant colours are fun too.
  • beesuitbeesuit Reading SRK... Joined: Posts: 3,400
    edited March 8
    Speaking of EDH, my old playgroup had simple house-rules that made it infinitely better IMHO:
    1. No cards are banned

That's it. No tutoring for anything except basic lands. 99.99% of the format's problems were instantly solved.
    Tutors kinda defeats the whole point of EDH imo. Competitively, then yea go for it, play to win.
    But casuals and house games? Why even bother having a one card limit if you're just gonna tutor for the same 5 game winning cards over and over again.
    beesuit wrote: »
    1. No cards are banned

Tutors kinda defeats the whole point of EDH imo. Competitively, then yea go for it, play to win.
    But casuals and house games? Why even bother having a one card limit if you're just gonna tutor for the same 5 game winning cards over and over again.

Because I don't want to have friends.
    Then you may as well just goldfish mtg by yourself all day long.
    beesuit wrote: »
    Then you may as well just goldfish mtg by yourself all day long.

Goldfish doesn't complain loudly when I hit it for lethal commander damage.
    Just play some DSP in the background
    Bought a starter for the final fantasy card game. Will let you guys know how it is.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-eldrazi-tron-modern/

This deck is so silly. On one hand it's kind of neat that Mono-Brown is viable but on the other hand this deck has some absolutely busted draws. It just feels like you lose instantly to it sometimes which is never a fun feeling.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 960
    Hey, guys! Back again with some more questions. I'm watching some 2015 and 2016 Pro Tour Magic matches and it seems that a ton of people despise the control decks that this Ivan Floch guy is using. Is his strat not counterable? I'm noticing that he barely has any creature cards and just uses spell/artifact combos to some how win. Is this what's seen as the cancer of the Magic meta? Reason I ask is because everyone keeps bemoaning it saying that control decks suck the fun and love out of Magic, which makes me laugh considering we all come from backrounds of various cancerous metas.
    Anyone who says that "control decks are cancer" can go fuck off.
    Control is just slow. I bores some people. The ones that really hate it have often tried to play it and failed due to the added complexity of piloting it.
    everyone keeps bemoaning it saying that control decks suck the fun and love out of Magic, which makes me laugh considering we all come from backrounds of various cancerous metas.

This holds true for most card games. You can boil most strategies down to how quickly they intend to win:

<- Fast Decks
    Midrange Decks
    Slow Decks ->

Fast decks want to get their thing done before the opponent can do anything. Slow decks want to just stop everything the opponent is doing until they can get around to finding one of their few win conditions. Midrange decks try to do a little bit of everything. In general, the more casual players will hate any strategy that goes too extreme in any direction whether the deck is too fast or too slow.

It all goes down to interaction. The ideal game, in most people's minds, consists of two players trying to advance their own strategies while trying to disrupt the opponent's strategies. Fast decks are hated because they don't intend to interact with their opponent. They just want to do their own thing as fast as possible. Slow decks are hated because they don't intend to be interacted with. They just react to everything the opponent does and because they only have a few ways to win in the entire deck they usually pick the most uninteractive way to do it. Competitive players tend to not care about interaction so much. In fact they are constantly trying to find the least interactive way to win. Casuals hate it though. Games are described as being essentially "solitaire".
    Very interesting stuff. Considering that most card win conditions is to whittle away your opponent's health, seeing Magic pretty much NOT prioritize this is very interesting. But you guys both used words I constantly saw; slow and no interaction. And I would think that these decks would have some sort of counter to prevent this slow play but this pro player had his way with his control deck. Now I'm learning about color duos and what color combinations sort of aim for in a deck.
    The idea of playing Control is that you "Control," the gamestate. If you achieve this, you can't lose without making stupid mistakes. Magic is also a game of matchups. Between two fast decks the faster one wins, between two slower decks the slower one tends to win. It comes down to rock paper scissors sometimes where a Control deck like Tron will do really well providing it's not up against something like Infect that can kill turn 3 as it requires longer to achieve Control.
    edited March 13
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Between two fast decks the faster one wins, between two slower decks the slower one tends to win.

In general the rule of thumb: "The slightly slower or vastly faster deck is favored to win."

Imagine my deck is all one mana 1/1 creatures, and yours is all two mana 2/2 creatures. You will probably beat me. But then you would lose to a deck of all three mana 3/3 creatures, which would lose to a deck of four mana 4/4 creatures, etc. Buuuuut a deck of ten mana 10/10 creatures will lose to a deck of one mana 1/1 creatures.
    Between two fast decks the faster one wins, between two slower decks the slower one tends to win.

In general the rule of thumb: "The slightly slower or vastly faster deck is favored to win."

Imagine my deck is all one mana 1/1 creatures, and yours is all two mana 2/2 creatures. You will probably beat me. But then you would lose to a deck of all three mana 3/3 creatures, which would lose to a deck of four mana 4/4 creatures, etc. Buuuuut a deck of ten mana 10/10 creatures will lose to a deck of one mana 1/1 creatures.

That's a pretty simple way of putting it. If you want to complicate things it comes down to card advantage too. Useless cards vs. useful ones, 2 for 1s, having more answers than threats due to drawing more etc.
    That's a pretty simple way of putting it. If you want to complicate things it comes down to card advantage too. Useless cards vs. useful ones, 2 for 1s, having more answers than threats due to drawing more etc.

It actually holds up surprisingly well. Just look at match-up data. In general Goblins loses to Zoo, which loses to GB/x, which loses to blue-based control, which loses to Goblins. In aggro mirrors both players bring in grindy cards to become "slightly slower" than the opponent. Control decks bring in cheaper interaction against aggro to do the same thing.

Even in the current standard you can see this dynamic. Mardu Vehicles loses to GB, which loses to Saheeli, which loses to Mardu Vehicles. This is based on the stock versions of the decks. Mardu can grow heavier to beat GB but then it starts to lose to Saheeli. Saheeli can play more cheap interaction to beat Mardu but it starts to lose to GB, etc.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,500 admin
    Got my autographed Magic card in the mail from CSprankleRun. I have supported cosplay. I AM SORRY PERTHO

but she looked so sad in her video based upon her weird life decisions. :sad:

<-- confirmed sap

also she reminds me a lot of an ex-girlfriend who made equally questionable life decisions. at least csprankle realized it now as opposed to years from now

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,147
    Speaking of cosplay. Did you guys know that one of the ladies who used to own/run MTG store in Tacoma Washington is literally Exalted Angel

093048d46e512ae5277aa5a348db9c60.jpg

Her name's Jenn or something
    In card games, I know that cards that give you the ability to raw draw are considered powerful. This card, Divination, allows you to draw 2 cards at the cost of 2 regular mana and one blue. That doesn't seem terribly expensive. Is it considered a powerful card or is it average?

Also, I keep seeing players writing something down during Magic tournaments. What exactly are they writing? Aren't those officiates standing right behind them to manage everything or do they have to keep track of their own health and other stuff?
    In card games, I know that cards that give you the ability to raw draw are considered powerful. This card, Divination, allows you to draw 2 cards at the cost of 2 regular mana and one blue. That doesn't seem terribly expensive. Is it considered a powerful card or is it average?

Also, I keep seeing players writing something down during Magic tournaments. What exactly are they writing? Aren't those officiates standing right behind them to manage everything or do they have to keep track of their own health and other stuff?

It depends on the format but generally anything that doesn't alter the boardstate in some manner like harming your opponent or removing a threat, playing a threat etc. is considered expensive if it costs more than 1 maybe 2. Divination is too weak for Modern but those style of cards are generally staples in Standard for Control decks but only if they're Instant speed, the general idea being that you'll pass the turn back to them, counterspell something or remove something and if they pass back to you and you still have mana you'll draw cards before you untap.

As for what they're writing down it's hand information. If they use thoughtseize or inquisition or gitaxian probe before it got banned etc. They're writing down what they see that their opponent has in their hand so they can remember and play around it. Some people record life totals as well out of habit.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Speaking of cosplay. Did you guys know that one of the ladies who used to own/run MTG store in Tacoma Washington is literally Exalted Angel

093048d46e512ae5277aa5a348db9c60.jpg

Her name's Jenn or something

I did actually hear that. I think maybe someone posted about it a while ago? Isn't Preppy or someone from up that way?
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yeah usually health is kept track of on paper. It's easier to go back and see past interactions to stay on top of mistakes etc. Also if you have a card that says look at your opponent's hand, deck, etc, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't write down what you see so you don't have to remember.
    Yup. I've met some of the inspirations for various cards at GPs too. Kinda weird but pretty cool.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Preppy wrote: »
    Got my autographed Magic card in the mail from CSprankleRun. I have supported cosplay. I AM SORRY PERTHO

<-- confirmed sap

also she reminds me a lot of an ex-girlfriend who made equally questionable life decisions. at least csprankle realized it now as opposed to years from now

Hahaha I have no idea wtf you're taking about but I need to see this video now. :rofl:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Frosty, would you mind explaining to me Modern and Standard? I assume they are just the two ways to currently play competitive Magic? What are the major differences among them?
    Frosty, would you mind explaining to me Modern and Standard? I assume they are just the two ways to currently play competitive Magic? What are the major differences among them?

The sets allowed. Standard is going to use the news sets (all the sets within an 18 month period) and modern's card pool (the cards allowed to be used) include regular sets dating all the way back to 2004.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Oooooh ok. Thanks Pertho.
    Oooooh ok. Thanks Pertho.

No problem man. If sex columnists are to believed then playing magic is a lot like getting fucked in the ass. Hurts a lot of if you don't know how but if somebody helps you it shouldn't; hell you might end up enjoying it!

Both do require a whole lot of lube though.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Like Pertho said. Because Modern has a larger pool of cards to choose from the decks are a lot stronger. It's balanced because they're all a lot stronger but a lot of the cards that get played in Standard have better alternatives in Modern.

<-- confirmed sap

Hahaha I have no idea wtf you're taking about but I need to see this video now. :rofl:
    it's offline now, it appears :(

Drafted Modern Masters tonight. Went 3 - 1.

Had Master Spicer, Wing Splicer, Sensor Splicer with the Kithikin Flicker wizard, Sin Collector, some removal, 3 copies of Vanish Into Memory and a few other big cards like Dinrova Horror and Grixis Slavedriver.

It went pretty well, I beat a guy trying to run Blue/Black control first game. I say trying because while he had Gifts Ungiven and a bunch of other ways to draw cards he had no real threats and hardly any removal. Second game I came up against a pretty good Gruul Stompy deck that was just a tad too slow to get through me, third game I came up against Abzan Tokens with Advent of the Wurm, Voice of Resurgence, Call of the Conclave etc. Super strong list just also super bad matchup given my ability to flicker and draw bulk cards.

Last game I came up against just Rakdos aggro with Mog Flunkies, Hellrider, Goblin Guide, some burn, Zealous Conscripts. I took a game off him but it was way too fast and difficult to stabilise against. He had that black/red spell that returns a creature from the graveyard to the battlefield and gives it +2 and haste if you spend both black and red until the end of the turn plus just the sheer number of threats plus some bomb rares made it difficult to deal with.

Overall pretty happy, it's draft, there is always luck involved, like I ended up taking an Arid Mesa and a Blood Moon from two packs which I didn't run but I'm not passing $$ cards like that. The one rare I did draft was great in my deck, I got a Terminus, I just didn't see it a single time.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Someone gotta be Heel! Joined: Posts: 1,708
    Skipped one event I was going to go to while on vacation but went to a local 60 person Legacy event yesterday and went 4-0-2 (5-1-2) to Top 4.

Round 1: BUG TNN - 2-1
    Round 2: 4c Loam - 2-1
    Round 3: Burn - 2-0
    Round 4: B/R Reanimator - 2-1
    Round 5: Storm - Intentional Draw
    Round 6: Aluren - Intentional Draw
    Top 8:
    B/R Rean - 2-1
    Top 4:
    Eldrazi - 1-2

Dragon Stompy is a 100% legit legacy deck as my online win % also very high. Shit in underrated because it runs type 2 all-stars and people avoid thing sthat aint easy or look terrible on paper so it goes highly underplayed.

Legacy and Modern test deck I have been working on:
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Sin Prodder
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Thunderbreak Regent

1 Rolling Earthquake
    3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3 Fiery Confluence
    4 Blood Moon

3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox

11 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

3 Faerie Macabre
    2 Sudden Shock
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Sulfur Elemental
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Phyrexian Revoker

Modern brew in training:
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    3 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Thunderbreak Regent

3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3 Slagstorm
    4 Lighting Bolt
    4 Magma Jet
    4 Desperate Ritual
    1 Pyretic Ritual
    4 Blood Moon

22 Mountain

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Dragon's Claw
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Boil
    2 Vandalblast
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Roast
    1 Volcanic Fallout
  • JuuMJuuM Danke where yo at Joined: Posts: 1,614
    Probably better off playing Anger of the Gods over Slagstorm, the exile clause is very relevant. Dredge, Abzan comes to mind.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Someone gotta be Heel! Joined: Posts: 1,708
    JuuM wrote: »
    Probably better off playing Anger of the Gods over Slagstorm, the exile clause is very relevant. Dredge, Abzan comes to mind.

I used it first but I wanted reach the more I play the deck. Dredge is the one deck I really want the Anger the rest its not a big deal and the 3 to the dome is more relevant. Dredge has been one of the few deck ive played against and have a losing record but seems right. I would first cut the claws an go with 4 graveyard hate if I find it that bad. Burn is the other bad MU like the Legacy version.

Still very much only 60% optimized as I am building it myself to fit my personal playstyle.
    Deadeye Navigator is too good in MM2017 draft. 2 golem splicer guys, 2 kor hookmasters, resto, deadeye, niv-mizzet, domri rade, 2 centaur healers, the green tutor for a land to hand guy, the blue look at two cards put one in hand guy. Four color nonsense woooo. Resto and Domri barely did anything. Deadeye gained me at least 200 life one game, and bouncing hookmasters or even just having the opponent nervously await Deadeye won me the other games.

A++ pick would recommend.

Deadeye Navigator is too good

Put everything on the boat:

Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

He's really strong in Commander too because of the infinite with Peregrine Drake
    Snow Covered Mountains are like $2.50 each because of Skred winning Dallas. Like... That's $55 for a playset of basics to run a deck.