Magic the Gathering Thread

Comments

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,113
    I sell on Facebook. There is a local marketplace group.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,874
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    So wizards made some solid changes I actually like, I said a while back that the HOF shit was bad and am glad they addressed that now and while they all still get invites they are no longer just paid for showing up. And the Platinum change is HUGE and I am sure someone like Owen will write up how its fucked up etc. I feel PPTQ's should be just limited only and same with RPTQ's. I think when that comes around as it scheduled to then I will try and make a run at it.

On a fun side note, I own 8 dark petitions. Hope they keep creeping up.

All PT and PTQ main events should be Type 0 (draft). Then we'll see who can really play Magic in short notice, stressful situations...
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,721 mod
    (*has no idea what people are talking about with regards to most of this tournament stuff*)

That said, given what I read over at MTG Goldfish yesterday, I do find it thoroughly amusing that neither Relentless Dead nor Thing in the Ice nor Arlinn Kord showed up at the first post-Shadows Over Innistrad "Pro Tour" and that for as much grief was given to both mono-Green mythics from that set, they've seen the most economic increase as of late.

I can't wait for Goldnight Castigator's price to jump after someone uses it with Assault Formation and does well once.

ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    The Damned wrote: »
    (*looks at ukyo_rulz's latest post*

Not sure how I managed ventriloquism without even posting yesterday to my knowledge

I edit replies in Visual Studio sometimes to make it seem like I'm working. Copy-pastas get mixed up. You understand.

Yes, I understand...the need for revenge.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,481
    I am thinking that I should probably just play Bant Company for the next few weeks while the plebs try to play Season's Past and other PT decks without realizing that they are not Jon Finkel. This might be a replay of that time back in 2000 when Finkel won with Napter Black and I spent a couple of weeks destroying all the randoms bandwagoning on the deck.

Also this is completely untested but the BG Aristocrats deck made me think of an Elf list that plays Sylvan Messenger as Collected Company 6-8:

4 Gnarlroot Trapper
    4 Beastcaller Savant
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Dwynen's Elite
    2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    4 Shaman of the Pack
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    2 Gilt-Leaf Winnower
    4 Cryptolith Rite
    4 Collected Company

8 Forest
    4 Swamp
    4 Hissing Quagmire
    4 Llanowar Wastes
    4 Evolving Wilds

You could also splash in an Eldrazi Displacer if you're greedy.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,262
    edited April 2016
    I have to say that I'm interested in playing Seasons Past control. Man, does this deck looks cool. I don't even like control, but this is a control deck that got me excited. Too bad I didn't buy Seasons Past when it was dirt cheap. It's still one of the more affordable top decks

Remember when I said World Breaker takes a huge dump on control decks? From the Jon Finkel article:
    The other interesting matchup is Ramp. For most of this deck’s existence, its win rate versus Ramp hovered around 5%. The addition of 1 Infinite Obliteration to the main deck turned an almost unwinnable matchup into one where you’re a favorite.
    So, what is your oppinon on the Gb Control deck ? do you think it's worth buying into it, or is just a fluke ?

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,355
    Not gonna lie, I read the reasoning behind removing Modern from the PT as "sorry guys, but we're making way more money from showcasing standard and limited". Which is weird, because I actually think a lot of the reasons provided in the article were reasonable.
    Emanuelb wrote: »
    So, what is your oppinon on the Gb Control deck ? do you think it's worth buying into it, or is just a fluke ?

It's a great deck if you're Jon Finkel, and a decent option if you're not. Build it if you want to play a list that wins 10% more than Bant Company, if you work 50% harder.
  • KireekKireek Joined: Posts: 123
    My Modern deck, no sideboard, for what its worth.

12 Forest
    4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
    1 Stomping Ground
    1 Ghost Quater
    1 Kessig Wolf Run
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

4 Arbor Elf
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Birds of Paradise
    4 Burning Tree Emmiserry
    4 Eternal Witness
    4 Primeval Titan
    4 Genesis Wave
    4 Garruk Wildspeaker
    4 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Scavenging ooze
    1 Sarkhan Vol
    1 Bonfire of the Damned
    Kireek wrote: »
    snip

...I'm off-topicing this badly, but did you play PSO? I seem to recall there was a character named Kireek in that game =V
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,002 mod
    It's a great deck if you're Jon Finkel, and a decent option if you're not. Build it if you want to play a list that wins 10% more than Bant Company, if you work 50% harder.

Looks like I have a deck. Stressful decks are the best decks.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    I am thinking that I should probably just play Bant Company for the next few weeks while the plebs try to play Season's Past and other PT decks without realizing that they are not Jon Finkel. This might be a replay of that time back in 2000 when Finkel won with Napter Black and I spent a couple of weeks destroying all the randoms bandwagoning on the deck.

Also this is completely untested but the BG Aristocrats deck made me think of an Elf list that plays Sylvan Messenger as Collected Company 6-8:

4 Gnarlroot Trapper
    4 Beastcaller Savant
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Dwynen's Elite
    2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    4 Shaman of the Pack
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    2 Gilt-Leaf Winnower
    4 Cryptolith Rite
    4 Collected Company

8 Forest
    4 Swamp
    4 Hissing Quagmire
    4 Llanowar Wastes
    4 Evolving Wilds

You could also splash in an Eldrazi Displacer if you're greedy.

It seems a waste not to run Dwynen in a list like this, even if she's not CoCo eligible. In GB I feel you could make a more brutal CoCo deck without the Elves using stuff like Den Protector, Deathmist Raptor and Drana as well. Deathcap Cultivator would probably be good in the non-Elf list as G or B mana that is a 2/1, occasional 2/1 deathtouch.
    Pertho wrote: »

Looks like I have a deck. Stressful decks are the best decks.

What matters to me is that 1. Is cheaper than Bant company and 2. it is much more fun to play. I tested the deck a bit - boy is it loads of fun, and very powerful. Once you start looping things, it's disgusting. Fortunately I already have a dark petition, i need to get the rest.

Funny, a lot of cards from Origins got much better post rotation. goggles, Tithes, Petition. I had an archangel of tithes foiled rotting in my binder for an year. It was 7 $ and nobody wanted. Last week I traded it for 30 $ and got a Nissa, voice of zendikar, ulvenwald hydra and a sylvan advocate.

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,068 admin
    Judging yesterday at SCG Modern States (WA), got a guy really sad that Sphinx's Tutelage folds badly against Leyline of Sanctity. Kept trying to insist that because it was "target opponent" instead of "target player" it should still work. womp womp

Looooot of Thing in the Ices yesterday, lots of Thopter combos, couple Ashioks. Looked pretty fun. I took about six decklists that I thought might be fun.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Preppy wrote: »
    Judging yesterday at SCG Modern States (WA), got a guy really sad that Sphinx's Tutelage folds badly against Leyline of Sanctity. Kept trying to insist that because it was "target opponent" instead of "target player" it should still work. womp womp

Looooot of Thing in the Ices yesterday, lots of Thopter combos, couple Ashioks. Looked pretty fun. I took about six decklists that I thought might be fun.

You can still Disenchant the Leyline, right?
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,068 admin
    Yeah, but that wasn't going to help him until he drew that card.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

That is correct.
    But even as a noob "target opponent" and "target player" are the same.
    Unless he believes creatures are also his opponents.
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    In GB I feel you could make a more brutal CoCo deck without the Elves using stuff like Den Protector, Deathmist Raptor and Drana as well.

I think that LSV's deck is probably close to the best non-tribal build of GB CoCo. Still, I proxied the deck to test in casuals and it was randomly really good and explosive. Cryptolith Rite and Sylvan Messenger can really fill up your board and Gilt-Leaf Winnower randomly hits a lot of the best threats in the format.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,874
    odin wrote: »
    That is correct.

It doesn't matter because the text on the leyline says that you have hexproff
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,002 mod
    That is correct.

God damn it Odin, they sure as fuck aren't.

Go to the SFV subsection if you're gonna be saying shit like that
    so what happens is that choosing a player and choosing are opponent are different because of the difference in words. The player includes the person using the spell or ability; an opponent would be somebody other than the player. There are instances where abilities let you switch targets. If it says player, you can redirect to the opponent. On the other hand, if the spell says opponent, you'd have to choose a target that would be legal for that player. If it isn't a multiplayer game (a game in which that player would have more than one opponent) then the spell would keep targetting the same person because it is the only legal choice that player could make for that spell.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,991
    Pertho wrote: »
    That is correct.

God damn it Odin, they sure as fuck aren't.

Go to the SFV subsection if you're gonna be saying shit like that
    so what happens is that choosing a player and choosing are opponent are different because of the difference in words. The player includes the person using the spell or ability; an opponent would be somebody other than the player. There are instances where abilities let you switch targets. If it says player, you can redirect to the opponent. On the other hand, if the spell says opponent, you'd have to choose a target that would be legal for that player. If it isn't a multiplayer game (a game in which that player would have more than one opponent) then the spell would keep targetting the same person because it is the only legal choice that player could make for that spell.

Ya not the same, this is why a card like Leyline of Santutity shuts off duress but you can still say Gitaxian Probe yourself to cantrip.

When you play a deck like storm you learn how they all work perfectly whether its to remove cards out of your hand etc...
    edited April 2016
    I like learning!

And yes, makes sense.
    Target opponent is my enemy. Target player is myself or the enemy, right?
    I like learning!

And yes, makes sense.
    Target opponent is my enemy. Target player is myself or the enemy, right?

Target player can also refer to a team-mate in multiplayer games.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Duskwatch Recruiter has been really going up lately. From 25 cents to what $2.50 now?

Also Jace can still kiss my ass. : D
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,552
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Duskwatch Recruiter has been really going up lately. From 25 cents to what $2.50 now?

With all the Jace's out there your ass will get a lot of coverage. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Duskwatch Recruiter has been really going up lately.

The card is insane. When I first went to the shop I had a hell of a time looking for Duskwatch Recruiters because I was searching in the "Rare and Mythics" cabinet. I couldn't believe it when I found out the card was uncommon.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saitsu wrote: »

With all the Jace's out there your ass will get a lot of coverage. :coffee:

Those Jaces being $80+ per too.
    Duskwatch Recruiter has been really going up lately.

The card is insane. When I first went to the shop I had a hell of a time looking for Duskwatch Recruiters because I was searching in the "Rare and Mythics" cabinet. I couldn't believe it when I found out the card was uncommon.

Glad I bought a playset for $4 a few days ago.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,721 mod
    (It would appear that there's now a GoFundMe for Mr. Stiles if anyone is interested in helping with that: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/gofundme-for-jake. I probably would if I could despite my skepticism of such donation sites and increasingly electronics in general, but I'm perpetually broke, so I can't.)

In lighter news, I find it hilarious that the apparently that $250~ Black & Green Season Pasts deck that Jon Finkel and a few others piloted seems to get absolutely spanked by that $20 mono-Blue Brain in the Jar deck, at least if the latest Budget Magic is any indication:

Also, the FNM promo version of Spatial Contortion is both better than original art-wise and strictly more darkly hilarious:

Spatial%2BContortion%2B%255BPRM-FNM%255D.jpg
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    First time I've seen that Brain in the Jar thing. Very cool but very slow.
    It doesn't surprise me that bandwagoners are struggling with a Finkel deck as well. His decks always have a ton of different routes and make you make a lot of different decisions.
    (Yeah. Jon Finkel's deck seems like it's at least decent, but it's definitely rather user unfriendly outside of the "duh, get Seasons Past with Dark Petition and certain other things with Seasons Past since there aren't any other cards at that CMC in your graveyard" aspect.)

That deck honestly does just seem to basically fold against mono-Blue Brains given that the deck doesn't care about any of its removal outside of maybe Languish and thus the Jon Finkel's deck does a whole lot of nothing beyond drawing a bunch of dead cards, even after game one, while Brains just gets to set up. Short of being able to recur Trangress the Mind at the appropriate times up to maybe eight times or maybe set-up Pick the Brain with Delirium somehow (unlikely in that deck) without any counter interference, Seasons Past just loses.

If anything, mono-Blue Brains honestly seems like has the most trouble against Blue itself between Sphinx's Tutelage generally wrecking mono-color decks and Invasive Surgery with Delirium utterly destroying *both* win-cons.

Mono-Blue Brains still looks like fun though.

- P. G. Wodehouse
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,991
    It doesn't surprise me that bandwagoners are struggling with a Finkel deck as well. His decks always have a ton of different routes and make you make a lot of different decisions.

Its not a Finkel deck, its at its core a hard to pilot 90's control deck. Its the kind of deck I play best, but you give me some midrange b/g and I will have trouble understanding proper plays. Its just a deck "standard" players will not just be able to pick up and win with but a experienced vet will.
    (People are only calling it a "Finkel deck" because Jon Finkel was the most famous player piloting it. Or, at least, that was the impression I had given I think it was explicitly said that he didn't individually came up with the deck, which was at least somewhat implied with at least two other players playing it at the same tournament.)

Anyway, I keep trying to decide on a Pauper deck to make--for some reason, given I never get around to playing as it is--and for mostly being limited to "only" Commons, the legitimate possibilities seem quite expansive despite there being at least a dozen well-known, oft-played archetypes within the format. It's interesting being reminded just what type of powerful cards were Commons at some point, especially with the whole "Mythic Rares shouldn't automatically be "mandatory" cards though they still often are because WotC needs money" debate still on-going.

It's a shame that it's still (?) an unofficial, online-only format or at least not in considered in searches on Gatherer because it's difficult to tell what Commons actually exist on Magic Online without actually having Magic Online, though from videos I've watched there are certain cards that I see are definitely not Common on there despite being Common at some in paper print and thus being listed in Gatherer as such. The most obvious "offender" on this front is Hymn to Tourach, which isn't on the official banlist but sees no play despite the fact that, at the very least, it would definitely be played in that Mono-Black Control list if it were actually legal.

(Also a bit annoying that Relic of Progenitus, Tormod's Crypt, and especially Bojuka Bog are all apparently Commons given they're such powerful and absolute graveyard despite being so inexpensive. What can you do though, especially when Stifle and Trickbind aren't Common?)

- P. G. Wodehouse

Its not a Finkel deck, its at its core a hard to pilot 90's control deck. Its the kind of deck I play best, but you give me some midrange b/g and I will have trouble understanding proper plays. Its just a deck "standard" players will not just be able to pick up and win with but a experienced vet will.

Well it's not Storm. His team developed it though and he had the most success with it. He usually does have good success with hard to pilot decks. I've always wondered why in Modern he doesn't use a Goryo's deck, 10-15% t2 kills sounds like the kind of thing he'd roll with. GB Seasons Control is a good deck in any case, I like it a lot.

I doubt Zombie Brains will catch on as it's too slow, it's going to fold hard against RB aggro no matter how much bounce it wants to run. It might do well against Control decks but Standard has a bunch of cards that aren't friendly towards Combo like Transgress the Mind and Pick the Brain. It's also very vulnerable to Learn From The Past which GB Control obviously wont run but if graveyard decks become big I can see it on Blue decks sideboards.

Well it's not Storm.

Not but Finkel does play Storm in Modern and Legacy so there ya go as it plays to that hard to pilot skill intensive style some of us have. I would play either the fastest deck like a sligh red deck or the longest deck in standard or something like Mazes end was and you see a lot of the HOFers go this route a lot.

The Damned wrote: »

Anyway, I keep trying to decide on a Pauper deck to make--for some reason, given I never get around to playing as it is

The most obvious "offender" on this front is Hymn to Tourach

Pauper is my 2nd format as its essentially Legacy, I would spend the $30 total investment and buy into MTGO which was like 10$ with some perks like a few packs I think and buy a deck on MTGOtraders for under $20 and your golden(truth be told I could make a winning deck for under 5$ honestly and I think I am high ballin)

The format is starting to be a true "live" format, Wizards will likely never allow it to be a real format but there are many shops here running it. Its fun and cheap 2 things that help ANY format really. Most just use the MTGO rules as its easier but if they don't then yes Hymn to Tourach and even better High Tide would be legal. And some other cards like Deja Vu which isn't on MODO or Sage's Knowledge and you can use like Red Elemental Blast or Blue.

This is what I run, its likely the most complex deck in Pauper and is harder to pilot than Legacy Storm understanding how to sequence everything is tough and you have to sometimes think more spells in advance than most storm decks and when to YOLO and sideboading is kinda tough as you can only do so much before over dilute the deck:

4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Gush
    3 Tolarian Winds
    3 Sprouting Vines
    2 Words of Wisdom
    1 Ideas Unbound
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Inner Fire
    1 Kaervek's Torch
    1 Conjurer's Bauble
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Manamorphose
    4 Chromatic Star
    17 Islands

4 Disrupt
    4 Power Sink
    4 Gigadrowse
    3 Repeal
    edited April 2016
    I think I posted this before but this is what I run in Pauper.

4x Ponder
    4x Preordain

4x Bant Sureblade
    4x Esper Stormblade
    4x Deputy of Acquittals

4x Crystallization
    4x Mana Leak

4x Mulldrifter

4x Steel of the Godhead

4x Azorius Chancery
    4x Tranquil Cove
    4x Crumbling Vestige
    6x Island
    6x Plains

The sideboard can run Oblivion Ring, Journey to Nowhere etc. It runs Crystallization because of how it interacts with Sureblade + Stormblade. Acquitals is a multi-coloured permanent that can save stuff from occasional spot removal or do stuff with Mulldrifter. It's also instant speed so it works alongside Mana Leak.
    Post edited by FrostyAU on
    I also threw a deck together which was like Basillica Screecher, Syndic of Tithes, Tithe Drinker, Kingpins Pet with the usual discard and removal stuff. It's pretty annoying and thematic.
    I run UB teachings control in pauper. Man how I love this deck.

It looks roughly like this
    1x Disfigure
    1x Dispel

4x Counterspell
    3x Diabolic Edict
    3x Chainer's Edict
    1x Echoing Decay
    1x Remove Soul
    1x Mana Leak

2x Exclude
    2x Pristine Talisman
    1x Curse of the Bloody Tome
    3x Sea Gate Oracle
    1x Capsize
    1x Crypt Incursion
    1x Recoil
    4x Think Twice
    1x Echoing Decay

4x Mystical Teachings
    2x Evincar's Justice

4x Dimir Aqueduct
    4x Dismal Backwater
    2x Radiant Fountain
    2x Evolving Wilds
    6x Island
    3x Swamp
    2x Dimir Guildgate

SB:
    4x Stormbound Geist
    4x Mulldrifter
    2x Hydroblast
    1x Curse of the Bloody Tome
    1x Dispel
    1x Disfigure
    2x Duress

It's the slowest, durdliest shit ever. It's amazing.
    (With regards to Pauper's "legality" in real life, I see, BR3N7. Thanks for the information.)

Oh, so it was you who posted the Aggro-Tempo Azorious list, FrostyAU. I couldn't remember who had done so, and yet I kept forgetting to ask.

Also, yeah, Dimir Teachings looks extremely slow and I say this as someone who theoretically favors Control. I might have been interested in it if the mirror match for it didn't seem absolutely horrible. I mean, Control vs. Control is naturally going to be slow save for a few exceptions, but I already hate mirror matches and Dimir Teachings honestly seems like it might straight-up have the worst one in all of Pauper:

S57adzM.jpg
    Ugh.

Being the indecisive lazy-ass I am, I've been vaguely considering at least a dozen Pauper decks that I keep not finishing for the most part instead of doing more productive things. Of the two theoretical (unsatisfactory) lists I have finished, one was a likely too slow Orzhov Cleric list build around abusing Protection from Black Clerics & Daunting Defender to keep Pestilence on the field and kill the opponent that way and the other, more recent one was a likely too vulnerable-to-graveyard-hate-and-counterspells Izzet pseudo-Eggs list built around the new Pieces of the Puzzle and Scrapyard Salvo; I wasn't even aware Scrapyard Salvo existed until about a week ago due to all the searching I've been doing on Gatherer this month.

Pestilent Profane Prayers
    // Clerics (24)
    4 Cathedral Sanctifier
    3 Children of Korlis
    3 Death Speakers
    4 Disciple of Grace
    4 Obsidian Acolyte
    3 Whipgrass Entangler
    3 Daunting Defender

// Non-Creature Spells (12)
    4 Misery Charm
    3 Nameless Inversion
    3 Unmake
    2 Profane Prayers

// Horsemen (4 3)
    3 Pestilence

// Lands (21)
    9 Plains
    6 Swamp
    2 Orzhov Basilica
    4 Scoured Barrens

Pieces of the Scrapyard
    // Lands (16)
    2 Seat of the Synod
    3 Great Furnace
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    3 Island
    6 Mountain

// Spells (16)
    4 Pieces of the Puzzle
    4 Scrapyard Salvo
    4 Galvanic Blast
    4 Lightning Bolt

// Non-Creature Artifacts (18)
    4 Aether Spellbomb
    4 Chromatic Sphere
    4 Chromatic Star
    4 Pyrite Spellbomb
    2 Golden Urn

// Creature Artifacts (10)
    4 Perilous Myr
    3 Neurok Replica
    3 Shield Sphere

*snip*

I doubt Zombie Brains will catch on as it's too slow, it's going to fold hard against RB aggro no matter how much bounce it wants to run. It might do well against Control decks but Standard has a bunch of cards that aren't friendly towards Combo like Transgress the Mind and Pick the Brain. It's also very vulnerable to Learn From The Past which GB Control obviously wont run but if graveyard decks become big I can see it on Blue decks sideboards.

Oh, I concur, actually, though I don't think it's as vulnerable to Learn from the Past as the Enchantress deck that Emmanuelb posted is vulnerable to Tragic Arrogance, which apparently isn't a concern either in Standard at present. Learn from the Past could definitely see play before it rotates in Fall depending on what Eldritch Moon plays (or, I suppose, if Delirium and/or UB Zombie decks become popular). I ultimately don't think "Zombie Brains" even breaks into "Tier 2" decks really.

All I was doing was laughing at the fact that it was pretty obvious that a bunch of people were going to bandwagon on the B/G Seasons Past deck and that the deck, as inexpensive and silly-looking as it is, seems almost have a free win against it for a mere $20 bucks. That's basically it.

- P. G. Wodehouse