Magic the Gathering Thread

1146147148149150152»

Comments

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    edited August 12
    Rule of Law
    Isochron Scepter
    Strionic Resonator

Lighting Bolt and Counterspell are on 1 Isochron Scepter. Both spells cast and resolve at the exact same time!!!
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,951
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Rule of Law
    Isochron Scepter
    Strionic Resonator

Lighting Bolt and Counterspell are on 1 Isochron Scepter. Both spells cast and resolve at the exact same time!!!

I've seen Resonator combos with Sceptre before. The problem is getting 3 pieces into your hand at once and then playing them all and going off while playing around hate cards.

It's possible to do something like play T1 sceptre via SSG with Boomerang and on the play you can continually unsummon their only land. It's powerful but the % of time it goes off stops it being really viable.
    Lets everyone try and make Isochron Scepter broken. Any suggestions?
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 140
    Silence comes to mind
    Did have a Final Fortune one with Platinum Angel.

Would probably be better with Sundial of the Infinite
    Why can't American playing cards have face cards like the German playing card So? Just change the D to a Q:

42417.jpg
    edited August 15
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Lets everyone try and make Isochron Scepter broken. Any suggestions?

Do you want a combo or just best value? Isochron Sceptre can be good in grindy games I guess.

If you wanted a combo something like Renowned Weaponsmith with Hidden Strings and Sceptre should be able to generate an infinite amount of casts for grapeshot. It would basically be UR Storm with Sceptre instead of Pyromaners Ascension. You'd be able to do stuff like put Manamorphose on one to cycle cards as well in that shell.

The only issue is Weaponsmith has summoning sickness so it's not as easy to get off as just dropping a Baral.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,258
    Did you guys saw the new Sultai Reanimator deck ? I tested it and boy is it good and super fun to play. I am impressed, it is consistent and powerful, and a beauty to look at. Here's the list and video: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=14095&writer=Corbin+Hosler&articledate=8-9-2017

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,128
    I see it but outside of Ever After shenanigans (which is only being run as a 2 of) every reanimation target in there costs either the same amount of mana or only 1 more than the thing reanimating it so I'm kind of sat here wondering why it's a reanimator deck in the first place.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,258
    I think the power of the deck lies in the fact that you can afford to run a ton of fatties and no ramp without fear of having clunky hands. You play 12 cards that put stuff in the yard - you draw early the fatties ? send them away with champion and oath. Not only this, but those 12 cards help you reach a level of consistency unmatched by other decks. Plus, Liliana is a really good card on its own.

As for the technical term, I think it is a reanimator deck, since you put creatures in the graveyard and then you bring them back to the battlefield. The benefit doesn't necesary lie in the discounted mana cost - it's been a long time since we had a cheap reanimation spell - but in the consistency, power and resilience.

Also, reanimating Razaketh and Noxious gearhulk with ever after is pretty disgusting. Even Liliana (5 mana) into Razaketh (8) is not too bad.

Emanuelb wrote: »
    Did you guys saw the new Sultai Reanimator deck ? I tested it and boy is it good and super fun to play. I am impressed, it is consistent and powerful, and a beauty to look at. Here's the list and video: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=14095&writer=Corbin+Hosler&articledate=8-9-2017

I was trying to tell people Reanimator would be strong in this set and they kept trying to tell me it would be too slow.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I love reanimation decks, one of my last standard decks was mardu gearhulks with that white artifact reanimation card. I eventually made it more zombie centric with the haunted dead/prized amalgam synergy.
    I meant more what was the purpose of reanimating stuff if you aren't going to drop something ridiculous tbh, if I'm going to spend my first few turns playing with myself I kind of want to get something bigger and harder to show for it than something I can hardcast anyway.

Like I feel it'd work better either running bigger fat to bring back or ditching the discard that isn't attached to a creature or land and only running Liliana and the demon that reanimates stuff (after doing a Massacre Worm impression) as your reanimation for the resilience it offers.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited August 22
    There's a White/Blue version of reanimator that focuses on God Pharoah's gift with ETB effects. Angel of Invention is the big killer in the deck.

It's setup is fairly similar it just goes about it differently. It cycles cards into refurbish and plays Gift. It has a few copies of Gate as well.

This is one guys take on it,

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/713792#paper

Some just run Glory Bound Initiate instead of Sunscorch Champion.
    Some new spoilers, there is a tribal land, it's basically Cavern of Souls without the counter part. It's an upgrade over City of Brass for stuff like Slivers and Humans. Gives a fair idea that it's going to be a fairly tribal set as well.
    Sweet it's uncommon too, gonna pre-order multiple playsets before price gets stupid like Aether Hubs did.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    I want decent non-Black removal more than anything. Just give me ORing and Searing Spear at least.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,471
    Ixion Spoilers
    it's what FrostyAU was talking about before Budget version of Cavern of Souls
    2cny8lyx08hz.png

A Ixion Flavored Victim of the Night
    walktheplank.jpg

White Vampire Cleric
    bishopofrebirth1.jpg

And for good measure, Dinosaurs
    burningsunsavatar2.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."