6 months without a single post, lol this game is so dead

Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all YangJoined: Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
See title.
My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn

Comments

• mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Being only on the Wii didn't help either also mvc3 was announced around the time this game came to the states..
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • Morgan of GaelMorgan of Gael Second Warrior Joined: Posts: 120
    Japan still plays CGOH regularly @ Nakano TRF.
    It's mostly dead though. :(
    Aquapazza
    Morgan | Oboro
  • BlackstarrBlackstarr Joined: Posts: 232
    #ReviveTvC
    Main Team: Firebrand/Iron Man/Sentinel
    Dante/Ammy/Doom GT: KiD Xx5N1P3xX
  • MaxGritMaxGrit Master Baiter Joined: Posts: 291
    lol
    SSF4T on GGPO is very fun.
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 291
    This game ain't dead as long as I'm uncovering tech for it. Hopefully I can make a video or something showing what I've found sometime soon.

Quick example: Air wavedash. Airdash and then upforward/upback + LMH. You'll either switch dash directions quickly (if you input a direction opposite the original wavedash), or start a significantly faster dash (if you input the same direction both times). Yes, Chun can do this 3 times in the air.
    I am the salt of the earth.
    Rage is my body and salt is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand excuses.
    Unknown to winning, nor known to humility,
    Have withstood bans to write many forum rants.
    Yet, those hands will never hold that L.

So as I play,
    UNLIMITED SALT WORKS
  • MaxGritMaxGrit Master Baiter Joined: Posts: 291
    I guess it's easier to type LOL like an idiot than to actually do something about it...

Got to have the smarts and the wisdom to let go of the beloved that won't come back.
    SSF4T on GGPO is very fun.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Cool, Duck.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You guys should thank me.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,553
    Ill play the shit out of this game if it ever comes to psn
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i wanna see some high level tekkaman blade

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 462
    i wanna see some high level tekkaman blade

I wanna see high level Doronjo vids, since she's not used very much. Her entire game is to trap opponents with her two minions Boyacki (green guy) and Tonzura (blue guy). I'm sure there are some evil combos that can be done via her.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,756 mod
    I tried picking up the game again... then remembered that Morrigan doesn't have fly mode and bullet hell in this game.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    its also easy to forget how easily zero ran shit in this game
    King of the Post-09ers
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,298
    This was the only game Alex was high tier. It's not fair this game had to die.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,919
    Wii only meant this game was doomed to die
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
    isnt there a way to play this game via emulator?
    King of the Post-09ers
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    edited August 2013
    i remember watching G-Force as a kid, thinking it was one of the most violent cartoons i had ever seen in my life (this would later be topped by Fist of the North Star x_x ). anyway, when fighting games and capcom marvel/vs games started to gain popularity in the early 90's, i always thought it would be a cool idea to have a g-force fighting game. then tvc (close enough) gets announced, and i couldn't believe it. i await a console release, then the game is exclusively released for the wii.....the damn wii. i still have yet to play this game til this day.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 619
    If only this wasn't on the Wii... I'd totally be rocking Casshern/Alex. But I guess it will never be, unless somehow a Wii magically appears on my lap or this miraculously gets released on Steam.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • shaowebbshaowebb Joined: Posts: 42
    Over on Neogaf there have been several threads lately lamenting the loss of this game's community and a lot of folks have been talking about its memories. I'd like to see its community revive if this is at all possible since it never really had a thread over there (just a friend code thread in community).

It'd be cool to setup a google doc for friend codes and to make an OT for its re-ignition. I know Royalflush recently did a 4hour stream and it was a hit on Neogaf. If there was a stream or something for it regularly and a thread it'd be something I could see coming back. Baroque was far superior to X-Factor anyways. Only bad thing was battery cast abusing megacrash (zero) for combos and pressure. Well that and giants but there were easy solutions to them.

Anyone know some folks who might be willing to add this to their stream lineup regularly? Is there a way to petition for something like Wednesday Night Fights to put it back in the mix for casuals after streaming? It was too good to stay so unknown and if we could get it some twitch publicity on a regular basis it'd go a long way.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,325
    Wii killed this game. It looked like a lot of fun.
    the only way to build a community up is to get people playing. sitting and talking doesnt get anything done. get people coming out for side tournies.

looking at this forum it doesnt seem like people are willing to travel for this game
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 619
    shaowebb wrote: »
    Over on Neogaf there have been several threads lately lamenting the loss of this game's community and a lot of folks have been talking about its memories. I'd like to see its community revive if this is at all possible since it never really had a thread over there (just a friend code thread in community).
    is there a facebook group for TvC? if not maybe you can start one and have a active place where they share info and friend codes.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima