Tips for Breaking Throws (without Crouch Teching)

SynikaLSynikaL Melee ProphetJoined: Posts: 1,689
This is seriously the only FG I've ever played where breaking throws that I KNOW are coming seems impossible. If I'm confident of a throw attempt, I don't want to be mashing CT. Is there anything anyone tell me that I may not have considered when it comes to breaking throws?
"Grandad, this food is destructive!"
"Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
"Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks

Comments

• Hardc0reHardc0re Joined: Posts: 656
    Are you playing online? That might be the problem, you can't "see and tech" in online the same way you can kinda do it offline
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Hardc0re wrote: »
    Are you playing online? That might be the problem, you can't "see and tech" in online the same way you can kinda do it offline

Offline/Online doesn't matter. Often times, if I read a tick setup, no matter how I vary the timing after blockstun I often can't break the grab. Maybe I just need to focus more. Does teching neutral (w/o holding down/back) change things at all?
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,621
    I have this problem too. "how many jabs will I do before throwing" is still a great mixup 5 years later rofl
  • LarthyLarthy Kissed by a Goddess Joined: Posts: 518
    You could try stand>crouch on every jab. The animation prevents you from being thrown :3

Combined with crouch-tech, might help a tiny bit.

Of course, good players will just start doing shorts or delay the throws, etc..
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Ed/Juri