SFxT General Discussion #4 - Witty title

JampJamp Toxic BeautyJoined: Posts: 7,387 mod
edited August 2013 in Street Fighter x Tekken
Follow the forum rules and keep it civil.
"Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah

Comments

• Dex_SamaDex_Sama Joined: Posts: 1,376
    2st
    SFxT Mains - Half the cast
    SF4 Mains - Half the cast
    KoF13 Mains - Hwa (Yes I can't play anyone else properly yet :(()
    GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac
  • Rc_ONRc_ON All these flavors and you choose to be salty. Joined: Posts: 1,891
    Whoa time to raid the 3rd GD thread, before all the tech, tutorials etc. get buried.
    TTT2: Heihachi/Anna, learning Leo/Jin
    SFxT: Main team Lars/Akuma
    USF4: Dudley
    xbl: rcion
    YT: V Arcee
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Oh damn new GD thread and a Jamp sighting to boot ^_^
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    Jamp wrote: »
    roknin wrote: »
    Oh damn new GD thread and a Jamp sighting to boot ^_^
    What am I now, a rare pokemon?

College too stronk, Capcom nerf pls

Even better, a Shiny Rare.

Ah, college. The ultimate time stealer. Definitely been there, prooooooobably longer than I should've been lol. XD

Hit those books, good sir!
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,292
    edited August 2013
    The next 25k?
    Up, up and away!
    2nd day of sfxt return #3184. Still okayish. I hate Dhalsim. The end.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,044
    onward
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,081
    edited August 2013
    Thancruz wrote: »
    Wrong! Dead character forums, no one has locals for this game, online is dead, tournament turn outs are low, the game is dead....how was my anti sfxt impression? :D
    Pretty good. 8/10. Add in "on disk DLC", "gems are broken" and "rolls are stupid mang" next time and it'll be spot on! Oh, and some ResidentSleeper. Bitches love ResidentSleeper!
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • LMROLMRO Regular player Joined: Posts: 291
    "that game is dead"... sigh...
    PSN: Cooy1977

"Cold silence tends to atrophy any sense of compasion between supossed lovers"....
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,106
    A new GenDis right when Xuandou Zhiwang gets their own Shoto.

Coincidence? Absolutely.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956
    Cody&Guy18 wrote: »
    Pretty good. 8/10. Add in "on disk DLC", "gems are broken" and "rolls are stupid mang" next time and it'll be spot on! Oh, and some ResidentSleeper. Bitches love ResidentSleeper!

Don't forget about "Footsies are too hard" and "The top tiers are murdering this game."

So we've burned through 3 discussion threads already? Nice. Now if only the character forums were this active.

I'm going to be working on some more character walkthroughs, so I can at least contribute those. I'll try to make the next ones... Shorter. :D
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • LMROLMRO Regular player Joined: Posts: 291
    Links wrote: »
    Cody&Guy18 wrote: »

Don't forget about "Footsies are too hard" and "The top tiers are murdering this game."

So we've burned through 3 discussion threads already? Nice. Now if only the character forums were this active.

I'm going to be working on some more character walkthroughs, so I can at least contribute those. I'll try to make the next ones... Shorter. :D

nah... that was a good video... made me try Bryan for a while....
    PSN: Cooy1977

"Cold silence tends to atrophy any sense of compasion between supossed lovers"....
  • Rc_ONRc_ON All these flavors and you choose to be salty. Joined: Posts: 1,891
    Where can we send suggestions for witty thread titles?
    My first submission: "The ghost whisperers".

I don't think I have to explain that one :D
    TTT2: Heihachi/Anna, learning Leo/Jin
    SFxT: Main team Lars/Akuma
    USF4: Dudley
    xbl: rcion
    YT: V Arcee
    Reikirei wrote: »
    I've just made my first tutorial for this game. I hope this video helps people to stop thinking Raven's Jump HK Loop is only stylish, as it can be pretty dangerous as well.
    Nice guide! That damage...
    tumblr_m6m12zzoev1qjemo2o1_250.gif

SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,106
    I was wondering how to do it midscreen. If only my Jin were worth a damn.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ReikireiReikirei Hai Hai Hai! Joined: Posts: 63
    Any character can let Raven start the loop as long as you have 1 meter. The universal way is to Raw Launch, Tag In, wait a bit (jumping too soon will cross up) and do the loop.
    "Where there is a will, there is a way."
  • Creature_GoonCreature_Goon HYPE MODE Joined: Posts: 1,005
    "Graveyard Shift"

SFV: Ed

T7: Josie

KI: Kim Wu

Soundcloud: DarkosStrife

Youtube: DarkosStrifeYT

• Dex_SamaDex_Sama Joined: Posts: 1,376
    Gonna be supplying some Guile technology for you guys since I fell in love with him (no homo)
    SFxT Mains - Half the cast
    SF4 Mains - Half the cast
    KoF13 Mains - Hwa (Yes I can't play anyone else properly yet :(()
    GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac
    Excellent...this soul....is most tasty.....rape him good Juri will you? I wanna hear him scream in pleasure...and agony....
    Great matches of HD Jammerz featuring the one and only Cool Kid! :O
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,106
    Excellent...this soul....is most tasty.....rape him good Juri will you? I wanna hear him scream in pleasure...and agony....

You and Juri have some serious problems.

Why can't you just leave a poor guy alone. I just want to practice with Asuka in peace...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    Problems? No no....this is the norm! "I'm gona watch you bleed...." I love that line.
    That is what awesome sounds like! -Juri Han.
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,246
    edited August 2013
    How about "Haters be hatin'" or "Air Joudan" as the subtitle? :D

Juri has been free after 10,000 years, and it's time for her to conquer Earth.

excellence.
  • Creature_GoonCreature_Goon HYPE MODE Joined: Posts: 1,005

I beg your pardon? It's time for Juri to conquer what? No Mega man....not like this, you're so lucky I like the "Air Joudan" idea

SFV: Ed

T7: Josie

KI: Kim Wu

Soundcloud: DarkosStrife

Youtube: DarkosStrifeYT

• Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,246

I beg your pardon? It's time for Juri to conquer what? No Mega man....not like this

Oh well, maybe she can go for Uranus instead? That planet's free for some ol' school pillagin'.
    schoolgirl molestation?
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,569
    LMRO wrote: »
    "The Zombie Fighters"... since we are dead already....

Switch the order of the last two words and it becomes a Hokuto no Ken reference.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    roknin wrote: »
    SFxT General Discussion #4 - Why Won't You Die??!!
    schoolgirl molestation?

tumblr_m9t2utT95c1rzz3r3o1_400.gif

Didn't you hear? Juri would molest anything that moves....I love it. She can molest me anytime. :D

• ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,848
    Street fighter x tekken general discussion #4- You're never gonna keep us down
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,569
    So, does SFxT take away rank points if there is a disconnect? I had a pretty good amount of points and then like 2 seconds into a match I get a "Connection Error" message. Soon as I get back, I notice that my score is substantially lower. Like, much lower than if I had just lost couple of fights.

Spent the entire night trying to get back to what it was before and never did. I don't know why, but I never anti-air. Even if I'm baiting it, even if I am intentionally getting into the right range where a jump in is ideal for them, even when I'm crouching to invite it, even though my anti-air is just one button, I never freaking do it. I don't know why. It's like a nervous tick or something.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    the7k wrote: »
    So, does SFxT take away rank points if there is a disconnect? I had a pretty good amount of points and then like 2 seconds into a match I get a "Connection Error" message. Soon as I get back, I notice that my score is substantially lower. Like, much lower than if I had just lost couple of fights.

Spent the entire night trying to get back to what it was before and never did. I don't know why, but I never anti-air. Even if I'm baiting it, even if I am intentionally getting into the right range where a jump in is ideal for them, even when I'm crouching to invite it, even though my anti-air is just one button, I never freaking do it. I don't know why. It's like a nervous tick or something.

I'm working on the AA thing myself. I didn't realize how bad I actually was at it until it was pointed out to me a few months ago.

I also noticed recently when looking at my replays that the matches I AA well in, I generally win. Kinduva' Captain F. Obvious thing, but hey, I observed it. :-p

Also, on the disconnect taking points thing: yeeeeup, it does. It seems like if the game isn't sure who disconnected (or maybe people have learned how to rage quit in such a way that the game thinks you dropped instead?), it takes a grip of points regardless. I've lost points due to disconnects twice during my play time: once on a random disconnect error like yours, and once when I purposely disconnected because the connection was so bad we were moving literally one frame a minute (this is literal)... One of us had to save us both, so I sacrificed myself.

That's right random connection from somewhere in Nowhere City, ??... I sacrificed my points for you! T.T
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,925
    SFxT forums,

Where Juri x Asuka may not be the theory best team, but it's definitely the "best," team.
  • ToastOverloadToastOverload Joined: Posts: 44
    Lol what do you mean that teams GDLK.
    SFxT -
    Mains: Guy x Hwoarang
    Subs: Law x Paul, Cody x Kuma, Blanka x Marduk, Vega X Kazuya (w/ doriyas)
    SF4 -
    Anyone with an uppercut. Honestly.
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,583
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    SFxT forums,

Where Juri x Asuka may not be the theory best team, but it's definitely the "best," team.

I fell the need to flag this as "agree", "insightful" and "lol". However, the forums only let me pick one ):
    Steam/PSN: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCF: Izayoi, Es
    Koihime: Gakushin
    SFV: Fuck SFV.
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,292
    Reikirei wrote: »
    I've just made my first tutorial for this game. I hope this video helps people to stop thinking Raven's Jump HK Loop is only stylish, as it can be pretty dangerous as well.

Nice video and a thousand thumbs up for using Moonlit Wilderness. Good stuff. :3
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!