UMvC3 Stream & Commentary Thread v3

Comments

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,520
    Haha that was a nice setup. Didn't expect my opinion to be popular in a competitive fighting game site. I firmly believe that this game has the most arse returns for time invested playing it.
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,993
    the numbers are on your side, it's not really that weird
    fchamp not having won these last 2 evos says that much

i think fighting games are really like that overall ultimately though- and that's a strength of the medium
    it seems like once you hit a certain baseline you can refresh yourself very quickly for pretty much any game as long as it hasn't literally been years since you've played
    mvc3 just happens to be one of the simplest in terms of 'refreshing' because of the ease of execution in both technical and gameplan terms
  • bloodymessbloodymess Joined: Posts: 1,915
    Haha that was a nice setup. Didn't expect my opinion to be popular in a competitive fighting game site. I firmly believe that this game has the most arse returns for time invested playing it.

Someone I talk to compared this game to a dying grandmother

and we're all going to stay by its death bed until the day it flatlines

Meanwhile, we've got other people asking us why we're neglecting family/trying new games and simply moving on from this desiccated husk of a person, and all we can respond with is, "When's Marvel"
    optimized ghost rider team? more like unoptimized dormammu/doom shell. And his patterns were filled with mistakes

Fixed

I mean, you could get Top 8 with just Dormammu/Doom alone. Hell, Dormammu/Doom shell won EVO, why are people surprised it made Top 8 at Shadaloo Showdown? Fact of the matter is, optimized Ghost Rider isn't supposed to deal damage but to build meter instead. If he can do that and find himself backed up by half decent assists, there's not a whole lot to worry about. Especially if other players don't know the MU.

Seriously, how often did that other guy use Magnetic Blast? Or did he ever bother to think about how little Plasma Beam was helping out against a character who can outright ignore projectiles with one move while calling in the combo breaker assist of choice?

Well in the set I saw he'll spire did Jack. He tried to counter call and got double blasted by Doom. The Magneto was a pussy is all. I like the Grandma analogy btw.
    tab wrote: »
    the numbers are on your side, it's not really that weird
    fchamp not having won these last 2 evos says that much

i think fighting games are really like that overall ultimately though- and that's a strength of the medium
    it seems like once you hit a certain baseline you can refresh yourself very quickly for pretty much any game as long as it hasn't literally been years since you've played
    mvc3 just happens to be one of the simplest in terms of 'refreshing' because of the ease of execution in both technical and gameplan terms

True, I also think that's one of the many reasons VF my favorite game I never play has issues keeping people. At the mid level of play it's almost an academic pursuit. The newest attempted to make it more friendly but nope. There's a fine line between making a game a whore and a prude. Good luck keeping a whore faithful but at least you can get it. A prude? You ain't getting shit unless you come right.
  • CorrezZioCorrezZio Joined: Posts: 26
    Holland's Mahvel-Headz training for Red Fight District 2014.

Attending:

Badr (Wolvie/Frank/Dante) Nindo (Team KBR, others) Dio (Mag/Doom/Vergil, others) CorrezZio (Thor/Strange/Dante) Traumatisch (X23/Dorm/Dante) Jayjayjay (Morrigan/Storm/Felicia)

Come check us out!
    Thor/Strange/Dante

XBL: CorrezZio
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    that boy jjj
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
    I still think a Darkstalkers team could work

If only because jcubed makes anchor Felicia look like it really works
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,564
    East Coast Jobbers Sat edition
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    The Duke wrote: »
    East Coast GODS Sat edition

“I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    Sons of Mixup and Daughters of Sh0utz
    twitch.tv/affinity2412

This new or correct? Have no idea I usually blank out watching Vergil combos.
  • KaiSingKaiSing Believe in the Shield! (O_O)> (vO_O) <(O_O) Joined: Posts: 932
    my issue is that they require you to commit to activating swords upon landing right after the helm breaker whether it hits or not. But if you happen to activate anyway when it hits, they're definitely good to have.
    KaiSing aka KillerKai
    www.twitter.com/eliverling
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684
    This also means you won't get the bonus speed boost from being in Devil Trigger when you X-factor.
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
  • p0tat0 5aladp0tat0 5alad I like orange. Joined: Posts: 1,278
    I laughed when they showed an XF1 Vergil combo like that's even a thing...
    UMvC3 - Spencer/Task/Skrull
    AE - Abel
    Wasn't XF1 Vergil the norcal special for like a year?
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306

snap in vergil
    come in with helmbreaker

dunno
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    Snap in Vergil
    Come in with dub step (dimensional slash)

Aka how to turn disadvantageous situation for yourself into a 50/50 mixup for the other guy for just one easy meter
  • pat728pat728 The best Doom Joined: Posts: 734
    Legostopper confirmed the Eventhubs of jokes

That's a little harsh. At least there weren't 14 fullscreen video ads in front of his post.
    UMVC3: Morrigan/Doom/Arthur, Morrigan/Vergil/Strider
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    EC doesn't steal jokes.

We make them.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala

It is and optimizing it to an extent actually matters with certain teams. I'm playing morrigan/vergil/strider and vergil/morrigan/strider. Even if I'm starting morrigan, if I'm landing hits then in order to kill I need to DHC to vergil which will leave him on point for the next incoming. The DT version really doesn't do that much damage in XF1 and you don't build meter during it. There is a problem here with committing to swords as kai pointed out. I also don't know how I feel about round trip combos in XF on all the various character sizes. It seems like it might actually take some degree of attention or timing, when the current standard XF1 combo is super clean and easy. I'll have to mess around with it in the lab.
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,003
    pat728 wrote: »

It is and optimizing it to an extent actually matters with certain teams. I'm playing morrigan/vergil/strider and vergil/morrigan/strider. Even if I'm starting morrigan, if I'm landing hits then in order to kill I need to DHC to vergil which will leave him on point for the next incoming. The DT version really doesn't do that much damage in XF1 and you don't build meter during it. There is a problem here with committing to swords as kai pointed out. I also don't know how I feel about round trip combos in XF on all the various character sizes. It seems like it might actually take some degree of attention or timing, when the current standard XF1 combo is super clean and easy. I'll have to mess around with it in the lab.
    Vergil xf1 with DT can kill Thor as long as you have strider or a beam.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Eskills wrote: »
    pat728 wrote: »

Vergil xf1 with DT can kill Thor as long as you have strider or a beam.

What's your xf1 combo for these situations:

Helm breaker with 0 bars.
    Helm breaker with 1 bar.
    Vajra knockdown with 1 bar.
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • KaiSingKaiSing Believe in the Shield! (O_O)> (vO_O) <(O_O) Joined: Posts: 932
    Dhc to lightning loop \o/
    KaiSing aka KillerKai
    www.twitter.com/eliverling
  • ViciousManicViciousManic Joined: Posts: 10
    some cool stuff check it out

UMVC3 Vergil mixup:
    Life advancement is the shit. I keep wanting to bring my crew to the scene but we all like X factored at once in our careers. Hitting 6 digits was a benchmark but what I'm looking at now is almost double where I was. One of my boys shiiiiet.
    edited September 2014
    The way I look at it, I'll just sponsor someone to kick ass at games for me. They gotta play point MODOK though :)
  • catnip_her0catnip_her0 Joined: Posts: 11
    edited September 2014
    MAHVEL HYPE !!! Twitch.tv/catnip_her0 and Hitbox.tv/catnipher0 open lobby join if you want you guys.
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2014
    Going to post some videos up later tonight from the Absolute Gaming tourney this past saturday that Greenace won. 1st place was a free trip to TFC.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    Phillpro1 wrote: »
    Going to post some videos up later tonight from the Absolute Gaming tourney this past saturday that Greenace won. 1st place was a free trip to TFC.

Thanks for posting the vids, really appreciate it. But dude, spoiler alert?
  • Helter SkelterHelter Skelter DREAD GOD RED GOD BLACK GOD BLOOD GOD SEX GOD soon to be FLEX GOD Joined: Posts: 1,264
    Phillpro1 wrote: »

When you gonna play against Tayson?
    UMvC3: DORMAMMU/DOCTOR DOOM/VERGIL ~ VERGIL/DOCTOR DOOM/PHOENIX

GGXrd: RAMLETHAL
  • EricThe InternEricThe Intern I DROP COMBOSSSS!!! Joined: Posts: 387
    edited September 2014
    some cool stuff check it out

UMVC3 Vergil mixup:

Best watched at .25 or .5 speed because I couldn't even see how he crossed him up until I slowed it down and saw it.

But sh0ultz is trying to turn that back water of FL into a name dammit!
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2014
    Oh Florida....... always with the interesting stuff.
    The legend of Mixup.
    Its like an awesome game that never came out. Like "The Last Guardian"
    I still have hope.....
    Fight For The Future!!