UMvC3 Stream & Commentary Thread v3

Comments

• J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've heard the same, but I'd like feedback from someone who has actually experienced it.
    Fight For The Future!!
  • pat728pat728 The best Doom Joined: Posts: 734
    My experience with the netcode is that against randoms it's still often pretty laggy and not very good. The surprising thing for me is that it feels like the netcode on PC is far better in optimal conditions than xbox360 or ps4. I was actually playing against some friends with not that much lag. That's just my anecdote though. Anyways, I'm working on some mods:

UMVC3: Morrigan/Doom/Arthur, Morrigan/Vergil/Strider
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Hsien Ko Wolverine is nice. The others are too much for my taste.
    Fight For The Future!!
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 950
    edited March 12
    The online netcode on Steam feels a lot better. I've been playing random ranked matches and when it's bad its normal online fanfare but when it's good it's much better then anything I've experience on live or PSN.
  • HarleyBenistaHarleyBenista Joined: Posts: 31
    What is it about again?
  • HarleyBenistaHarleyBenista Joined: Posts: 31
    The Duke wrote: »
    Danke wrote: »
    Danke wrote: »
    Weird opinions like Dante isn't that strong outside of anchor position, Zero will start winning everything, and Haggar is a strong character that will do well at tournaments for months to come that have been proven purely false I agree!!!!!!!

Doom top 4

Hawkeye v Doom isn't too bad

Texas is a strong scene

and other comedy hits!

Even joking about Doom not being top 4 is scary.

Don't try to push your mad propaganda on me. I trained a lifetime to fight heretics like you.

Impressive girl!
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,512
    Anybody on here doing UMVC3 EX?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,723 mod
    Nah

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Hahaha you're UMVC3 EX's Po LOL
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Anybody on here doing UMVC3 EX?

I'm interested, too bad it's not gonna have any local people to play with.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

edited July 10
    Yeah one thing about being in NyC is there's people to play just about anything. The bad, is I'm older that Alex Valle
    so I can't stand 75% of them, but still makes for an enjoyable experience. Old heads can't stand mods though so it's a
    catch 22. They don't like the idea of someone other than their developer gods doing something fun with their game.
    OMG I put so much time into this game as is, broke all there is to break and you're going to invalidate all of my hard work!

NoOOOOOoOOoo!

Nothing a bribe with brew and bud can't fix.
    edited July 10
    In order for me to be the Po of UMVC3 EX I'd have to be typing in lots of caps and bolds and actually be bothered by it. Like my day is weaker because of UMVC3 EX. More so just pure indifference.

Project Marvel is like what would happen if Project M came out just yesterday. Nobody that's competitive is going to care. At least with Project M you had a really competitive scene for it so it came out at a time that would be relevant. You get to see the new meta actually come to pass in tournaments and streams. Something designed with the goal of making the game more competitive is lost to the wind when it's only a few random beer chugging Marvel buddies going to actually mess with it. The relevancy is beyond lost at that point.

Fighting gamers in general are more adverse to mods because playing to the meta is something that was grown up into the FGC.
    Plus something always ends up being off with them compared to the original game any way. Although they would be much more willing to play it when Zero and Vergil just started doing their sword shit back in 2012 as opposed to 2017 when the Marvel game that had no chance of coming out, was debuted. With a new fucking Marvel it's like the worst time ever to finally have a mod for UMVC3.

Someone should have just found a way to mod the Xbox or PS3 version back in 2012 to make it more relevant. It's just way too late for that other than for shits and giggles.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited July 10
    More in reference that you post a reply about UMVC3 saying you don't bother with it every time I or anyone mentions it. Like you're itchin' bud. Scratch on though.
    More in reference that you post a reply about UMVC3 saying you don't bother with it every time I or anyone mentions it. Like you're itchin' bud. Scratch on though.

UMVC3 is cool. Just don't play it anymore. UMVC3 EX just feels so useless now. He should have had that shit out years ago. Oh well.

Eh, needed to come on the PC first bud.
    Eh, needed to come on the PC first bud.

Well then how did Project M come out? I know a Nintendo game didn't come out on PC

Oh you wanted them to do even MORE work. Ask them and get back to me.
    edited July 12
    Here, you piqued my curiousity:

"Any Wii or Wii U owner with a copy of Brawl can install Project M simply by downloading the mod to an SD card and inserting it into their console, no hardware hacks or coding required. The group says about 100,000 users have downloaded and installed previous versions of the mod.

Brawl has a memory exploit in its Stage Builder that allows us to dump an executable on the stack and run it,” says Archer. “We use this exploit to load a code handler, which loads our codebase and assembly hooks into memory when booting the game.”

Sounds a bit more convenient dontcha think Po'Jin?
    Yeah. SD card format allows you to throw in PC data into the WiiU and make changes to a game it sounds like. Marvel 3 should have released on WiiU and Marvel would have been saved.

Or is Marvel saved because that could not happen?

Eh, who knows, but in the meantime I'll see what WTF happens at Evo. Granted, as much as I'm getting my rocks off with EX, Infinite will replace it. Infinite will be coming to the PC too so who knows. If the game turns out to be assage, maybe it will be more feasible.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    Evo brackets are f'd. FChamp v Apology top 64, faces winner of RyanLV and opponent :s

https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/brackets/140142/395271
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Chris G showed up to play.
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSU Joined: Posts: 751
    Everyone's sleeping, or is there another thread for EVO stream discussion?
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 1,008
    I've mostly been in threads on other sites.

I guess this is the end, friend.
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
    White guy, wins again.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,959
    Jedah tho!!!!
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 631
    Chun is in a team that won EVO, that's kinda nice.

What is kinda interesting is that Phoenix won both the first and last MvC3 EVOs tournaments.
    Wondering if the Soul Stone will really replace her function in Infinite after this.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Power-Ultron/Ryu
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,137
    was really hoping for a "best game ever" scenario since we have 3 phoenixes in top 8. Unfortunately, we do not come full circle
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,564
    I miss when people pretended Phoenix sucked for like a year. Can't believe playing with 4 characters in a 3 character game is OP. What a wild ride.
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 160
    Can people playing on Xbox 360 leave their gamer tags so I can add you? I'm cleaning out my friends and only adding marvel folks.

Bonus points if you'd ever be up for origins or mvc2 games as well. I've literally never played origins either game against another living human. If very much love to, even tho I'm ass.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
    I miss when people pretended Phoenix sucked for like a year. Can't believe playing with 4 characters in a 3 character game is OP. What a wild ride.

Still riding the ride

You know what was funny, that Curry guy trying to say that people will should still play this game and Yipes looking like "Naaaaaaaaah"
    that's the first time I was really like "That's that Shillface."
    edited July 26
    Yipes never really genuinely liked Marvel 3 as a game any ways. It was obvious he liked the scene more than the game. He shilled for the scene despite not having a real passion for the game itself. It seems he thought the game was generally trash compared to Marvel 2 or just in general.

Never got the sense that he ever liked Marvel 3's gameplay. Marvel Infinite is definitely an avenue for him to play a Marvel game that doesn't have a lot of the issues he had with 3.

.......and he's a shill.
    .......and he's a shill.

It's 2017. If you're on stream and like a game, you're a shill.

There's shills then there's the BIG shill.
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 797
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    Chun is in a team that won EVO, that's kinda nice.

What is kinda interesting is that Phoenix won both the first and last MvC3 EVOs tournaments.
    Wondering if the Soul Stone will really replace her function in Infinite after this.

Please dont forget Storm won in-between
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm at ECT, happened to pass by UMVC3 pools play Nemo vs Punk. Enjoy !

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,692 mod
    edited September 10
    Manila Cup top 4 on Spooky. Possibly one of the last times we see the game on the main stage.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,692 mod
    It's fitting that in one of the last UMvC3 tournaments before MvC:I hits, a Raccoon comeback in grand finals (by Garret no less) gets duffed by FOOTDIVE!
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleFaithfulPieOSkomodo
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO