Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking and Discussi

Phil McFlyPhil McFly TechnologicJoined: Posts: 319 mod
Little adjustment here because of the quarter matches. Post your good times with a group of people or a certain person. I won't create a bad games thread until there is a need... it is the first day after all and we've yet to explore some features.

-McFly
"What happened @ Evo last night, I went to XS."

Comments

• KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    Wooooooooo! :rofl:

GGs Phix and the other peeps that made up the room. Dunno what was up with the establishing connection message, hope that gets fixed. My mic is broken in 3 pieces in a bag full of random controllers somewhere, couldnt be bothered to get it out. Im gonna pop out in a bit and buy the proper 360 one. We had some good battles mate, that double KO was funny, I came back from an almost near perfect only to be denied. Bah!

GGs also to Immovable Mind, thanks for the invite dude. I dont really know what Im doing, just stolen tactics BassVentura used to use on me with Turbo Ken on AE :rofl: I'll have a mic next time. Take it easy :tup:
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    KneelB4Me wrote:
    Wooooooooo! :rofl:

GGs Phix and the other peeps that made up the room. Dunno what was up with the establishing connection message, hope that gets fixed. My mic is broken in 3 pieces in a bag full of random controllers somewhere, couldnt be bothered to get it out. Im gonna pop out in a bit and buy the proper 360 one. We had some good battles mate, that double KO was funny, I came back from an almost near perfect only to be denied. Bah!

GGs also to Immovable Mind, thanks for the invite dude. I dont really know what Im doing, just stolen tactics BassVentura used to use on me with Turbo Ken on AE :rofl: I'll have a mic next time. Take it easy :tup:
    GG's Dude that was some funny shit goin down i cant combo for shit pad's suck im gonna make a 360 stick , yer hat double KO was funny as hell been a while since ive seen one of those ....
    But playing hyper brought back good memories of my school days man i used to rinse that game :lovin:
    Hope ya get ya mic sorted asap Peace
    GG's Kneel, playing with a controller is a pain in the ass ^^. But I had mad fun. We can chat some when your mic gets fixed or you bought a new one. Your ken is absolutely the best in the roster.

Phix....we should play soon, it's been to long bud ^^!
  • DreamTRDreamTR Console is the suck Joined: Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GGs to everyone that did not pull/drop. Again, there are idiots that pull and drop when the yare losing, and some are on this forum. I got robbed of 9 more wins today because of this bs!
    Arcade for Life!
    http://www.gamegalaxyarcade.com
    Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat player since the beginning. No team, no affiliation.
    GG DreamTR, its funny that there is no rematch option on the ranked games, and that you cant see who youve played until the match is over. If Id have known it was you I was playing, Id have chose my best character to lose with. Lol. Nice Bison :wink:
    More K less A
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DreamTR wrote:
    GGs to everyone that did not pull/drop. Again, there are idiots that pull and drop when the yare losing, and some are on this forum. I got robbed of 9 more wins today because of this bs!

hehe, i got dropped on so many times today. At least you don't get a loss when the other person drops.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    Yeah, but it's pretty bad today. I'm already hindered with this DOA stick as it is.

GG: Kneel!
    Arcade for Life!
    Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat player since the beginning. No team, no affiliation.
    GG's to everyone today,
    there that should qualify me for a legit post on this thread NOW let me start my rant BOY this is some booty ass shit!.first off let me complain about the whole Ranking thing. ASS, For one it seems to only count your total wins no care to the losses? 2nd You aren't given a option to play a ranked person only a open game take a chance and see who u land on?? least you can see the ping of the random person. No rematch option?! ASS. and pulling on ranked games is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaay to common as i believe there is a achievement for winning consecutive games without a loss in ranking mode? now to regular match mode probably by far the best way to play the game due to being able to check out ping time response. thats only positive i can see. its stupid that you can hit B after selecting characters so u can counter character pick, i see that becoming more and more ASS. Oh yea back to pulling. 20 sec's to wait to be able to get back to a menu is ASSSSSSSSS. it says 15 but its not i counted believe me some bulllllllshit there. NOT to mention the other RANDOM 15 sec. pauses here and there for god knows what....Now Quarter match. the idea had potential but falls flat cuz in this mode YOU CAN'T SEE the ping times wtF. So here you are going through 100 opponents and then joe shmoe from Italy joins yer game and it lags beyond belief. So now you are given 2 choices he drops or you drop well 3, or u try to finish the horrible lagged game. You get on the MIC you say HEY do u mind dropping? this is unplayable. of course he won't drop so you are forced to abandon your 100 game win streak and start ANOTHER lobby and hope to god you remember who this guy is so you can LB and boot his ass out the room when u see him again. But wait it doesn't matter cuz nobody knows you have a 100 game win streak cuz there is no WIN streak counter in Quarter mode. How could you have left this out?! the whole quarter mode back to arcade feel is left out without knowing who's really running the machines. Now its basically a crap shoot to pick through 50 quarter/hosted games to find a person thats really good.

NOw to my biggest complaint W t F is up with the akuma dizzies? people can wiggle out of dizzy in .1 sec's like it aint nothining now. this HAD to been changed from arcade it wasn't that easy.

oh yea i also hate that when you win you automatically go to player 1 side, ass.
    i'll edit in more assness as i run into it
  • ZeruelZeruel beyond old school Joined: Posts: 238
    Okay. I don't know how this is possible, but we have 5 people in one Quarter match room! Phi, Rob Sigley, Technical Monkey, Your Zombie Mom, and me... Has anyone else had this happen to them?
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rob if you didnt want me in your room you should have just said so. Played for like half an hour waiting to see if I was going to get invited.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • VegaVega Joined: Posts: 917
    GG's to lots of people. Haha. Got to play Dream Theater and Sirlin Prime (I guess it's Sirlin, I don't know). Real fun and challenging matches.

People do love to drop. I played someone called LoserDog who dropped 2 or 3 times on me.

Hey Wilson, don't know about you, but with that DOA stick it seems to me I can do walk up 360 or jump in 360 real good but I can't tick into them too often. :sad:
    7 and a switchblade.
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah I'm still getting used to this doa stick too, it's not that bad though.

As long as theres no one lagging in the room everything goes good. Earlier in the day 90% of the lobby's I was in were going smooth, except the disconnecting.

Anyway gg's everyone I played with today. This is definetly fun with the quater mode.

Btw lol at all the losers dropping to save there record. No match get's recorded if it didn't finish.
    CFN ScootMagee
    GG's to who I played today sorry for the bit of lag need to get a wires connection for my 360 =(
    Holy fucking pulling bitches. 45 I counted today. 45 wins that did not count. I should just stay in Quarter Mode.

The no 2 guy dropped on me. He posts on SRk. The Martyr360 guy dropped on me (no 4) I mean, it's one thing to be ambushed by droppers who complain about grabs, but run away and do Fierce Psycho Crusher from across the screen all day? There are so many people that have not played this game in years that think throws are "unacceptable" still, and complain about cheap that I was bursting into laughter.

Anyways, Max is right though. THis is booty. No one can do online right yet. How freaking hard is it to get a damned consultant who has played online games for years and years, specifically fighting, and get their ideas on this, huh? It's so unprofessional that it is sickening.

Oh, and screw the DOA stick. I'm sick of jumping Fierce instead of tick into 360 =P

GGs to those that did not pull on me. I'll be online randomly from now on, mostly in quarter mode because it's just not worth it getting pulled on left and right anymore.
    Arcade for Life!
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    I just got done playing a ton of quarter matches and some ranked matches. Good times indeed! :rofl:

The dropping in ranked matches though is a bunch of lame sauce. The thing that's funny about it, is the people who dropped were consistently scrubby Hondas and Bisons. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so annoying.

Anyway, GG's to everyone I played in ranked matches who didn't drop on me and GG's to pretty much everyone I played in quarter matches. That was a lot of fun!

And Zeruel, sorry I couldn't accept your invite. One of my friends had JUST gotten on and I joined his quarter match room. I'll catch ya next time :wgrin:
  • Mikee_ShowbizMikee_Showbiz Joined: Posts: 370
    I don't think they post here but GGs to FogPipe and LIVINGxLEGEND, the only guys I played online last night who showed they can adapt to what's happening on screen. Also a decent Dhalsim player, I can't remember his name. I haven't bumped into any droppers yet, just people who scream down the mic that throws are cheap, Chun-Li is cheap, blocking is cheap (!), etc etc.
    This is living.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    I don't think they post here but GGs to FogPipe and LIVINGxLEGEND, the only guys I played online last night who showed they can adapt to what's happening on screen. Also a decent Dhalsim player, I can't remember his name. I haven't bumped into any droppers yet, just people who scream down the mic that throws are cheap, Chun-Li is cheap, blocking is cheap (!), etc etc.

Blocking is cheap...LOL! That's pure gold right there.

On a related note, I was just messing around on the XBox360 dashboard and found out you can do something called "Submit Player Review" to basically complain that they dropped on you. It says that by doing this you'll be less likely to play with them in the future.

As tedious as it sounds, it might be worth rating droppers, like a Honda scrub that dropped on me today called "pwn n00bs 4 fun", to get them off your list. If enough people rate these guys, maybe this nonsense will slow down? FWIW, it's easy to find these people in the recent people you met list or in the Leaderboard lists.

And Showbiz, it's possible that I was that decent Dhalsim player. I've been playing him quite a bit on there.
    Nintencats is a pussy ass turtling dropper.
  • Ukyo TachibanaUkyo Tachibana QUIBATIME! Joined: Posts: 356
    Good games to anyone I played hours ago!

My gamertag is: Sensei Ukyo
    QuibaTime - Retired, Don't Play Your Game, And STILL Whooping Your Ass

CHI // C-BUS // MO // O-NE
    MIDWEST 4 LYFE
  • Mikee_ShowbizMikee_Showbiz Joined: Posts: 370
    Unfortunately, Submit Player Review doesn't seem to make that much difference, besides affecting the other guy's feedback rating (which isn't even connected to his visible stars rep anyway). I remember playing a lot of Quake 4 and giving guys a lot of bad feedback for when they used host advantage to lag everyone else out, and I'd still get matched up with them all the time.

Same applies for other games too but it was more obvious with Quake 4 and the smaller community.
    And Showbiz, it's possible that I was that decent Dhalsim player. I've been playing him quite a bit on there.

Yeah? My gamertag is Ive Been Jipped, I was playing as Chun all night. Going through my recent players list, I think it might have been Abdomina?
    This is living.
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    GG's last night to Mr. Haduken, Chemistren, Tech Monkey and others. Quarter match is addictive. :-)

~Decoy
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
  • rsigleyrsigley Joined: Posts: 3,834
    jae hoon wrote:
    Rob if you didnt want me in your room you should have just said so. Played for like half an hour waiting to see if I was going to get invited.

i invited you then i wasn't even playing i was folding clothes just left the thing on
    I'm the black Timberlake in black Timberlands

I still crack the block up like Meet the Browns
    I still can't believe that AE makes a better version of HF than this POS1 rehash with some of the craziest sound adjustments. I can't believe that it is that hard to scrap old code and start with existing ROMs from the arcade version. I thought this was supposed to be the XBOX 360? I guess they know that they will always have the support of the FGC no matter how messed up things can get.

Aside from the game itself, the online aspect of HF is broken. Constant disconnects, lagtastic connections to other players, the wait while you reconnect, the way that it is supposed to be set up for longer ranked match battles but was pulled at the last minute.

I just hope that updates to this game will follow.

Why does capcom do this to us? :sigh:

Anyhow GGs last night. Todd that was the craziest glitch I've ever done putting 5 people in one room. I don't know if I'll ever be able to replicate that. Maybe I can put up a better fight with that DOA4 stick. Phi, Rob, Fernando(Decoy), Mike(Lethargy), hope we can get some more games in tonight.

Later
    GGs to Manix25 if you post here. Really liked your Sim :tup:

Damn this 360 pad, I wish I could dp on the 2p side. Then there would be even MORE dp abuse haha.
    More K less A
    GGs to anyone I played last night. I stayed in Quarter mode. Havent played any ranked matches yet. Fortunately nobody pulled on me yesterday, it was good times all night.
    rsigley wrote:
    i invited you then i wasn't even playing i was folding clothes just left the thing on

Lol damn I never got it, for some reason I couldnt connect in a match for about the last 5 minutes either.
    Ya goodstuff Kneelb4me!Quarter match is definetly cool.Your ken was ripping em all up.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DreamTR wrote:
    Holy fucking pulling bitches. 45 I counted today. 45 wins that did not count. I should just stay in Quarter Mode.

The no 2 guy dropped on me. He posts on SRk. The Martyr360 guy dropped on me (no 4) I mean, it's one thing to be ambushed by droppers who complain about grabs, but run away and do Fierce Psycho Crusher from across the screen all day? There are so many people that have not played this game in years that think throws are "unacceptable" still, and complain about cheap that I was bursting into laughter.

Anyways, Max is right though. THis is booty. No one can do online right yet. How freaking hard is it to get a damned consultant who has played online games for years and years, specifically fighting, and get their ideas on this, huh? It's so unprofessional that it is sickening.

Oh, and screw the DOA stick. I'm sick of jumping Fierce instead of tick into 360 =P

GGs to those that did not pull on me. I'll be online randomly from now on, mostly in quarter mode because it's just not worth it getting pulled on left and right anymore.

Quater mode is the best part imo. Oh yeah and I can't do gief's 360's for shit on the doa stick either lol.

And yeah gg's decoy. Shit was fun, I love quater mode.

Oh yeah guy's, watch out for darth brooks. He's like rank 10 and drops like an animal.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • rsigleyrsigley Joined: Posts: 3,834
    jae hoon wrote:
    Lol damn I never got it, for some reason I couldnt connect in a match for about the last 5 minutes either.

i think the invite shit is broken cause phi sent me a couple invites and like then all of a sudden i'm playing some random guy in a different room or people accept invites and it just goes back to the main screen

game is hella buggy

sorry tho i did try to invite you :(
    I'm the black Timberlake in black Timberlands

I still crack the block up like Meet the Browns
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,682
    GGs to everyone I played in Quarter match.

BG to whoever thought would be a good idea to have 3 HF 360 threads, as well as to rsigley, who ran off after he saw my Ryu going Tomo on fools. Either that, or he didn't like the lag.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    Good Game - Chemistren, I suck so I crouching lk alot:sad: There needs to be a rematch screen.
    Damn, this is just lagbottastic with a capital L and a capital D for scrubby droppers that are afraid to lose their "winning" streak and have names of cars in their title.

If I had a real arcade stick, I would be using Sagat and Guile instead of 60% Gief and bootleg Chun-Li =D
    Arcade for Life!
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,682
    DreamTR wrote:
    If I had a real arcade stick, I would be using Sagat and Guile instead of 60% Gief and bootleg Chun-Li =D
    I figured Pelican would be all over making a stick for 360. Are you guys holding out for more fighters?
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    DreamTR wrote:
    Damn, this is just lagbottastic with a capital L and a capital D for scrubby droppers that are afraid to lose their "winning" streak and have names of cars in their title.

It seems a lot of people's connections vary greatly. Like out of 30 games i'll probably have 2 or 3 that'll have lag. Connections are the best of all fgs i've played online, exept for mk.

GGs everyone i played: sigley, yellowcoward, scoot, krushgoorve, kneelb4me, and a few other srkers. Oh and Decoy's blanka is so gay. BS mixups = 5 sec. rounds:sad:, don't know when to reversal or block.
    Caliagent: Jump backwards and kick. Blanka Up-Ball tricks are "Ok" at best. HE's great if he gets you in the corner, but shotos own him, Chun gives him problems, and you can jab and sweep the damn thing too. RUN AWAY
    Arcade for Life!
    DreamTR wrote:
    Caliagent: Jump backwards and kick. Blanka Up-Ball tricks are "Ok" at best. HE's great if he gets you in the corner, but shotos own him, Chun gives him problems, and you can jab and sweep the damn thing too. RUN AWAY

Make sure you use a shoto when we play.:bgrin:

~Decoy
    DreamTR wrote:

yeah i know, but when he knocks you down is when the trickery begins. Decoy has a really solid blanka
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    DreamTR wrote:

Remember LIVE is a wonderful thing!!! lol

Played for the first time last night! Got quite a few disconnects but not many! Prolly about 6-7......not bad I guess!!! Alot of declined games (ppl are scared lol)
    We played a couple of people though like Decoy, Mr Haduken, Technical Monkey, all GG's!
    Hey when playing in quarterly I noticed when someone joins in the room as your playing it lags up like crazy and resumes back to normal when that person leaves...happened quite a few times! Happened to anyone else?
    Hyper Fighting is a great game!

Edit: Zerule accept my invites dammit!!!!! ^.^
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    Decoy: I always use Chun-Li on you, you know that. I won't use shotos online, lag is too constant. All the other characters are mash style, so they would work. It's not like I've never played against HF Blanka before. Maxstah, George Ngo, Jeff Schaffer; etc. Online is always going to be different than the arcade, so what can ya do?

Also, Decoy: Ryu and Ken kill Blanka with Fireball, Roundhouse Sweep on Jump in. Oldest Trick in the book.
    Arcade for Life!
  • ShirtsShirts Former Video Game Player Joined: Posts: 519
    Pathetic. It's the only word that describes SF online play. 10 years after XBand and they still can't get it right. You still don't get a win for getting pulled on. Again, pathetic. Lag--even more pathetic. People that still complain about "cheapness." Ultra pathetic. Not arcade perfect--pathetic. The game is friggin' more than a decade old...pathetic. Lag=scrubs' paradise. Pathetic.
    Hahhahahahhahaha
    Arcade for Life!
    GGs Chemistren, damn the bugs in this game, I wanted to play you some more. What was the 3 hit chain you were using with Ryu? I know how the cr.short st.short+fierce works but you landed another normal afterwards. Whassit?!?
    More K less A
    KneelB4Me wrote:
    GGs Chemistren, damn the bugs in this game, I wanted to play you some more. What was the 3 hit chain you were using with Ryu? I know how the cr.short st.short+fierce works but you landed another normal afterwards. Whassit?!?

yeah ggs, i kept getting kicked out randomly, hopefully they patch the disconnects. the chain i was doing was just c.short, short+fiercexxx FB / c.short, short+fierce xx dp (with ken if you were in the corner). If you're dizzy i'd start with a jumping fierce and do the fb chain.
    um Dream? Maybe its been awhile since ya played HF =) Blanka jump towards fierce hits all shotos sweep clean. but trying to time that on this crap of a game is almost impossible. also even on great connects the game seems off. Blankas jump fierce pimp is my best air defense and i can't time it to save my life. Other thing is WTF is up with the dizzies or lack of staying in stars i should say. am i the only one that see's this difference? anyone can get out in less then a sec easy.
    still it beats nothin, doubt i'll worry bout playing any rank game cuz whole system is stupid. i'll be on quarter matches see ya'll there
    DreamTR wrote:
    Decoy: I always use Chun-Li on you, you know that. I won't use shotos online, lag is too constant. All the other characters are mash style, so they would work. It's not like I've never played against HF Blanka before. Maxstah, George Ngo, Jeff Schaffer; etc. Online is always going to be different than the arcade, so what can ya do?

Also, Decoy: Ryu and Ken kill Blanka with Fireball, Roundhouse Sweep on Jump in. Oldest Trick in the book.

I hear what you're saying Dream and its all good. But hear me out... you don't think that maybe I play Blanka a bit differently than Jeff, Maxstah or whoever? The reason I say that is because you pointed out that fireball footsweep beats Blanka on Jump in. I have a counter for that. Wanna see?

~Decoy
    good games KrushGroove

my guile was useless against your ryu :rofl:
    Max: that's my point, I can still hit that but offline. Decoy, we'll never play offline, and you can imagine this matchup I guess that will never take place =) You playing differently at the game and you being a top player (Jeff, George, Maxstah) in the old school days are two different things.
    Arcade for Life!
    DreamTR wrote:
    Max: that's my point, I can still hit that but offline. Decoy, we'll never play offline, and you can imagine this matchup I guess that will never take place =) You playing differently at the game and you being a top player (Jeff, George, Maxstah) in the old school days are two different things.

We're taking about a counter to a strategy that you pretty much pencil in as a given because you've never seen it beaten before I guess. I can and I have. I know my place in SF. No, I'm not an old school tournament scene top player but I know for a fact that I can bring it in HF.

Edit: Just read Maxstah's post. And THAT's exactly what I talking about.

~Decoy
    Decoy: I have no doubt you can play the game, but bringing it on console and online, and bringing it on arcade and offline in tournaments are two different things are all I am saying.

I have seen what you are talking about, and I have a counter to your countermoves. Believe me when I say the way you see me play online is NOTHING like I play offline, all I ever do are counter moves offline.

It's fine, though. One of these days we'll just have some quartermatches randomly and laugh about it =P
    Arcade for Life!
    Man Rob this shit is hella fucked up, three invites and I still cant get into your room lol. Went and played some ranking matches not that they mean much. Had acouple people drop so they didnt get loses on their record. I am only playing Guile shit.

Anyways looking to play some srk peeps so I might hit some of you up if your xbl tag is on here. Looking to get my scrub Guile alittle unscrubbified.

Rob's Rog owns me