Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking and Discussi

Comments

• mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    Yeah good games to u SweetJV and to the other names u mentioned :)

The reason why I personally think my rep has been rock bottom pretty much since day one is that decent players, especially Ken/Ryu players, can't accept that my Sim actually stands a chance against them never mind me winning a lot of games lol!

SweetJV, u saw what happened earlier when I beat up that guy in our lobby(can't remember his name) and he quit early on the humiliation screen.
    I should have sent him a message and said "Couldn't take ur severe beating? What u gonna do, give me a bad rep?!!!!" Mwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!...

LOL, ya I guess they get embarresed because the lost to a "lower tier" character. I think all of the "real" SF2 HF players online give you props though, so I wouldn't worry. You do get respect from the people who actually know the game. For some reason my rep has stayed high, even though I use Honda and it seems everyone hates the poor fat fella nowadays, LOL. I guess I throw enough losses in there to not make the scrubs hate me so much, LOL.
    GGPO name : madpossum
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    LOL! Yeah, people tend to get a little too worked up about losing. And I think they especially get worked up about losing to characters they don't play or understand. When a Ryu/Ken beats a Ryu/Ken they might not be happy about it, but they can at least appreciate the tactics, combos, timing, spacing, etc that the other guy used. When people get beat by a character and tactis they don't understand it's easy for them to just go "That's bullshit!" :rofl: So don't take it too personally :wgrin:

With that being said, I do think that it's a lot harder to do things like reversal DP, headbutt, etc in between all the moves you do in your lockdown patterns online than it would be offline. At the same time, I don't think most people appreciate enough how your timing, spacing, and patience allow you to get in on them and get out of sticky situations.

I hope we get a chance to play offline some day. Is there any chance of you going to EVO this year?

Thanks for the kind words SJV :)
    What u say is true about it being hard to do reversal dp's, headbutts etc online, however, the top shoto players online i.e. Wax Taylor, B E Rivers, Kquick53 don't have any probs at all reverse dp'ing me and that is mainly to do with their bloody excellent skill AND, my connection is decent! (8meg). If my broadband was slow then that would have a major effect.
    Furthermore, when I play some laggers from mexico for example, on the char select screen, I can slowly move the cursor around but choosing my char can be a pain cause sometimes it just don't work and I have to press the button repeatedly lol! It's crazy!
    Now imagine me trying to slide into a jumping Ken only for it to not come out, very frustrating...

Myyyyyyyyy goodness, this morning I got booted from 3 LOBBYS LOL!!!!! After that, I had nobody to play with!
    I am truly STILL one of the most "cheap" and hated players on XBL!!! Like u said though possum, I only get respect from the "Real" SFII vets and it is very nice to know :wgrin:

mad possum, I'd really like to know how ur rep has remained unscathed as u use the fat fella from Japan. I know ur very skilled and u don't rely on hhs at all but I just thought for the sake of u being Mr. Honda, u'd get a bad rep lol! There is hope for u my friend!
    SweetJV, have u had any death threats for u using Sim lol!?!!!
    As for me going EVO, well ummm...I have no plans to, especially as I live in the UK!
    Would luv to go though...
    How about u?
  • jakob002jakob002 Happy Medicine Joined: Posts: 909
    What u say is true about it being hard to do reversal dp's, headbutts etc online, however, the top shoto players online i.e. Wax Taylor, B E Rivers, Kquick53 don't have any probs at all reverse dp'ing me and that is mainly to do with their bloody excellent skill AND, my connection is decent! (8meg). If my broadband was slow then that would have a major effect.
    Furthermore, when I play some laggers from mexico for example, on the char select screen, I can slowly move the cursor around but choosing my char can be a pain cause sometimes it just don't work and I have to press the button repeatedly lol! It's crazy!
    Now imagine me trying to slide into a jumping Ken only for it to not come out, very frustrating...

Myyyyyyyyy goodness, this morning I got booted from 3 LOBBYS LOL!!!!! After that, I had nobody to play with!
    I am truly STILL one of the most "cheap" and hated players on XBL!!! Like u said though possum, I only get respect from the "Real" SFII vets and it is very nice to know :wgrin:

mad possum, I'd really like to know how ur rep has remained unscathed as u use the fat fella from Japan. I know ur very skilled and u don't rely on hhs at all but I just thought for the sake of u being Mr. Honda, u'd get a bad rep lol! There is hope for u my friend!
    As for me going EVO, well ummm...I have no plans to, especially as I live in the UK!
    Would luv to go though.
    How about u?

Go to NeoEmpire. That's the Uk's equevelant to Evo. Plus they have a superior cast of games.
    Radiantsilvergun3 said:
    Helps when you'll never be a high level tourney player. It's ok man, I accepted it a while ago myself.
    "Nah. Just look at the HappyMedicine guy. He carries around a Miku Hatsune plushie, hugs it, kisses it, and doesn't give a fuck." - Spirit Juice.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod

LOL! Yeah, the lag hurts both ways. That's for sure.

FWIW, even though you have a great connection I know when we played the other night it was a little laggy. It wasn't horrible by any means, but it wasn't full speed. I'm over in California though. So that probably doesn't help.

Yeah, I've had people get pissed. A few days ago I was in a room where people thought I was using a turbo controller!?! I'm not sure how a turbo button would help with sim. Maybe because everytime there was a chance for someone to throw, I got it? I dunno.

I probably have less people get mad at me though because I switch characters up fairly often. I almost always pick sim when I first fight someone, but if I win a few times I usually cycle around to other characters. Some of the characters I'm decent at, some I'm kinda scrubby with. But it's all in good fun.
    Would luv to go though...
    How about u?

Yeah, I'm goin. I've been meaning to go for the past couple of years but something always came up. This year I'm going to try to make it for sure.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,712
    Man I need to get back to getting beat up in quarters. Playing Jorge Avila all the time is hurting my game.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    GG's today to Koop, Vanilla Tears, Zeruel, ImmortalBmw, and Chemistren.

Immortal and Chemistren....jesus christ! You guys straight up raped me. Good stuff! No homo :wgrin:
    Man I need to get back to getting beat up in quarters. Playing Jorge Avila all the time is hurting my game.

LOL, ya quarters is where most of the good competition is. I only play ranked when I've only got time for a match or two.
    GG's the other day 'koop.
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,311
    Yeah all the OG masters play quarters. Play ranked if you want laggy matches and horrible players.
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    Great games to everyone... possum.. cut... supraryu... an others i can't remember from thurs n friday night... had too much fun...
    Respected... simple as that.
    this is the most popular sf game online, why is there no bad games thread?
    heck why does this game not have it's own section?

dead games like cvs2 and ggx2 have their own section, someone set up it's own section plz
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    I actually just bought a 360, and got Live up. Should have HF by the end of the day...anyone want to teach a scrub how it's done?
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
    Finally got a bunch of games in the last couple of weeks so good games to all the SRK guys I played (trying to revive the thread, LOL).
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    Good games to everyone last night. I believe I played Sabre from srk... good games. Good games to others as well.

Koop
    Respected... simple as that.
    Bumpage, good shit. I play with my buddy on Quarters a few nights a week, add me to your friends list if ya wanna play.

Sent an invite to Koop.

PS: We are noobs.
  • chunkischunkis Joined: Posts: 156
    I play on this thing sometimes when am at my friends house, my handle is jedi fighter.
    Joined september 2000
  • _Snake__Snake_ wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Joined: Posts: 608
    GGs Mad Possum.
    GG's to Koop. Ya'll are toooo good.
    Well Im usually on this and at most theres been like 5 people on at once. Me and My friend Chris were playing a while back, and we were laughing because during the framerate of Zangiefs throws it looks like he forces the person into his crotch.
    Ya, GGs Mgear1 and everyone else I played this weekend. I'm hoping that once Super Turbo comes out on XBLA we'll get some more SRK guys on to play and teach middle-tier guys like me a lesson, LOL. I'm anxious to see Koop's ST Bison and Cuthbert's ST Dhalsim.
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    gg's to the guys I played tonight. Got my arse whooped :)
    GGPO: Angrylobster
  • technique121technique121 Joined: Posts: 218
    Noowww!

anyone want to play hf right now i have nothing better to do and i don't talk mess

pm me if you want to play later state your time that you will be on in EST

any time after 7 pm possibly is good
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Does anyone have any strategy for playing as Honda VS Chun or Blanka? I the priority of some of their moves are absolutely staggering :(
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GG's to everybody Ive played recently -Wii2Blaz3D
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
    GG's to all skilled and the non kick-throwers. :)
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I got love for all tick and non tick players there all fun to play imo plus anything goes in fighting games :)
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
    GGs to Biggzy and some other random folks.
    Does anyone have any strategy for playing as Honda VS Chun or Blanka? I the priority of some of their moves are absolutely staggering :(

You can knock Chun out of her jumps with lp headbutt.
  • asianxcoreasianxcore ...In Parseltongue Joined: Posts: 2,501
    GG's to eager assassin, Jdub and most of the people I played tonight.

it's nice to play against Honda players that don't simply mash out slaps.
    SFV: Necalli
    USFIV: Seth
    UMVC3: Wesker/Taskmaster/Nova
    MVC3: Wolverine/Dormammu/Akuma, Wesker/Dormammu/Akuma
    CVS2: (A) Vega/Eagle/Blanka, (N) Hibiki/Akuma/Blanka
  • topknottopknot Joined: Posts: 439
    anyone planing on playing tonight?
    OCV-CREW *Hong*
    cvs: c-groove- vega, sagat, blanka
    ssf4: boxer, justin bieber aka cody
    hdr: fei long, sim
    RIP Joe Hassan
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'd like to play quarter matches with ca peeps or west coast peeps

handle is evilj82, please add me.
    Green Karin.
    GGs to everyone I played tonight. I need to quit trying random select... I end up landing on Sim every time...
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

• Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    GGs to everyone I played tonight. I need to quit trying random select... I end up landing on Sim every time...

Man i wish we had a good connection. We're so close geographicaly but every game we play(that bomberman was ATROCIOUS(wow sp) is the lag.

Good shit last night tho, like u said, i wanna piece in some shoulder to shoulder action sometime soon. Not long till i get my license back and i havnt been to KC for a while, hmmm.........
    Man i wish we had a good connection. We're so close geographicaly but every game we play(that bomberman was ATROCIOUS(wow sp) is the lag.

Good shit last night tho, like u said, i wanna piece in some shoulder to shoulder action sometime soon. Not long till i get my license back and i havnt been to KC for a while, hmmm.........
    I really don't like to play fighters online much anymore, unless everyone else is out of the house. I have two (soon to be three possibly) computers hooked up to the internet in addition to the Xbox, so it feels like I'm playing through a dorm internet connection at times. It doesn't help that I can only get a 10 mbps connection at best.

But it'll be cool to play you in person, so you can show me what's really up in Marvel and ST, and to show Cable what's good in MK2.

• RazorfistRazorfist Unrepentant Joined: Posts: 108
    GG to Terry Kineda. This guy is just a rapist as Chun Li. I've fought him alot, and I can count the number of times I've eeked out a win on one hand. Serious competition.
    Alpha 3 > Turd Strike

www.youtube.com/xRazorFistx
    GGs to harmlessloopy and to fatboy, who got his revenge on me from PF :wgrin:
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    GGs to harmlessloopy and to fatboy, who got his revenge on me from PF :wgrin:

GG's Jonny. Nice nice Sim. We'll play again soon.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • NoriNori Watch your nuts Joined: Posts: 1,740
    Always down for games, hit me up
  • RazorfistRazorfist Unrepentant Joined: Posts: 108
    Sorry about the quarter matches yesterday, We Live in Mr E, every time I tried to join, the connection kept failing. Not sure if it was on my end or what, but I finally just gave up. Sucks, because the matches I watched you play had me really excited to face you.
    Alpha 3 > Turd Strike

www.youtube.com/xRazorFistx
  • NoriNori Watch your nuts Joined: Posts: 1,740
    GGs to conspiracy83. Glad you sold your soul and got an Xbox360 finally. I'll be on tonight if you want to play again, even though I'd rather play anniversary