i am new to fighting games, but i love them and want to go deep into them competitively wise. i chose tekken because i played it back in the days on ps1 and ps2, only singleplayer though. since i am new to the scene i have a few question if you dont mind
1. since tekken is played at evo, i guess it is a good and fair competitive game?
2. what is tekken mostly about, it is about yomi, mechanics, or reflexes? (i know you have to get all this skills and more to get good, but i have heard that some games are focussed around some aspects more than others)
3. i have heard that the fighting game community and the e-sport aspect of it is growing, is that true?
and is the tekken community big enough, will i always find enough players when i play in europe from home via ps2 matchmaking? (from germany)
4. where does tekken stand compared to big games like street fighter? is it in the big 3, the big 4 or is it pretty niche?
5. could you please link me a good resource/forum/fansite for guides and stuff related to tekken, especially to tekken tag 2 which is played at evo? (this seems to be the best/biggest/latest tekken, right?)
6. i have heard that a new tekken game is announced for the next gen consoles, is that true? and if so, shouldnt i just wait for that and buy a ps4 instead? since buying a whole and old console just for one game seems a bit, well...extreme, since i am not interested in any other console games.