Madison WI, Fighting Game Community

2»

Comments

• KeranataKeranata Joined: Posts: 653
    i c. let me know by friday night or i will be going alone on saturday.

Did you get my text? We're leaving Friday night, let me know if you want to come with us.
    Even when I say nothing it's a positive use of negative space
  • BetterBryanBetterBryan Joined: Posts: 41
    my phone is off. can u txt the number i msged u withe the details?
  • Shiohime~<3Shiohime~<3 ハートにDive! Joined: Posts: 86
    No games tonight, out of town at AGDQ still
    We're doing stuff tonight also after 6:30
    Anyone interested in going to UFGT that hasn't let us know, please do, we will be carpooling down and sharing rooms
  • Bedfast EmperorBedfast Emperor Joined: Posts: 6
    Anyone play 3s?
  • HellsentHellsent Retired Joined: Posts: 261
    lol Tim... no

Stick | My Youtube 3rd Strike Channel (subscribe!!)
    3S: Ken, Makoto, Ibuki | ST: Ryu, Blanka, Guile
    "He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious." ~ Sun Tzu
  • th3s3raphth3s3raph Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    any one play blazblue CP here in wisconsin madison? i'm in town for a week and looking to maybe meet up with some people to play.
  • r0b0_b0br0b0_b0b Not Jewish Joined: Posts: 396
    We have a few Blazblue players! Games are usually on Fridays if you are still in town that evening.
    With every mistake, we must surely be learning
  • IcyKneeIcyKnee Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm from the Madison area...Any USFIV or MK players around?
  • NinjaSpyNinjaSpy A Magical Liopleurodon Joined: Posts: 65
    Hi, I'm the new guy from last week. Somebody here should set up a facebook or something, to keep people updated. Right now the only way anybody new can know about this group is A) Knowing someone in it already, or B) Contacting someone here (and a few of you are apparently leaving, so that's not great). Also, updating the first post of this thread with the facebook info should be enough to get people to head over there from now on, should the facebook page get made. I'd make it myself but I don't really feel comfortable, since I'm new.

This is particularly important since Googling "Madison, WI Fighting games" basically only leads people here.

@IcyKnee, I play USF4, and a few people here I think do as well.
  • Shiohime~<3Shiohime~<3 ハートにDive! Joined: Posts: 86
    Yeah, I was talking to Gary and Frank about taking over this since we're leaving, I've told them about this thread also. I think a FB page makes sense and I'll see if one of them wanna set it up.
  • sanchaz1sanchaz1 Joined: Posts: 1,010
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/837757959577260/

This is the link to the FB page. Games are played once every Friday a mile west of campus. Add me on facebook: Ryan Daleccio for directions/details. Most of us play SF4. I can pay Marvel anytime. I'll be leaving in September, but here's the info if anyone has any questions, inbox me before I leave.
    option select toppers pizza- my roommate.
  • ÉnableÉnable This Much Salt Guy Joined: Posts: 178
    Hey, is this still happening? I just moved to Waupun and looking to press buttons in the near future. Marvel head but dabble in Ultra and probably will be maining it soon enough. Also, any tournaments around these parts?
  • ÉnableÉnable This Much Salt Guy Joined: Posts: 178
    edited January 2015
    I got on the Milwaukee facebook page but posting on here also. I'm new to WI and am in I guess what is central WI? So if any one is near Fon du Lac, Oshkosh, or Appleton please hit me up so we can get some sessions in with out having to go to Milwaukee/Madison just to push buttons. If there are enough then I will start hosting sessions and create a new thread. I play Marvel 2/3, 3rd Strike and Ultra. Thanks gang!
    Just want to post an update here again in case people still visit this page for fighting game info. Several of the previous local players left (Keranata and Shiohime, for example), but there are still games happening on Fridays. The mix is a couple SF4 players, a decent Marvel player, couple KOF players, and one of each of the other stuff (Anime, skullgirls, etc.), although several people are grouped into more than one of those categories. There are also a couple good Melee players if that is your game.

Also, I host a "SF4-only" night on Tuesdays which has about 6-ish people regularly. We don't only play SF4, though that was the original idea so that gets played a lot. Skill levels range from completely new to "knows how to generally play footsies, and some advanced stuff". Hoping a couple people can come and body us to help level us up.

The facebook page listed here should still be good, and most of the updates can be found there. Just send a message there for any details, and someone definitely should respond soon. You could also PM me here, but I don't frequent SRK regularly (see my post count).

I'm always looking for more SF4 players (and fighting game players in general). If you're a UW student who don't have stuff to do this summer on Tuesday or Friday, please feel free to come on by.
  • Bedfast EmperorBedfast Emperor Joined: Posts: 6
    I take it no one plays SFIII still?
  • aldoYTaldoYT Joined: Posts: 1
    y'all still throw down!!! Rusty street fighter and mkx-er looking to get back on the grind
  • chansenchansen Joined: Posts: 2
    Yo! Im hosting a tourney in fitchburg. LPC4 is the name, head over to the WI Smash thread on FB to take a look.
  • PifactorPifactor Ichigo Jamu~ Joined: Posts: 88
    RIP WI. Most people that still play are on Facebook now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/837757959577260/
    edited November 2015
    Quick update to this thread again, since finding any info on Madison, WI FGC is basically non-existent online (outside this thread, and facebook groups which are a bitch to find).

Yes, there are still people who play games regularly and meet up. There is basically always me and a couple others who meet up once or twice a week. Our group is really small though. Expect maybe four people on any given day.

Still, we play USF4 and GG Xrd. I heard some of us are still trying to keep KOF13 relevant. There are good 3D players in the area, but they don't show up since our core mostly play 2D.

Admittedly, we are doing jack shit in terms of trying to get new people in the group, but I'm always happy when someone new does show up. There have probably been at least 10 new people who came up out of nowhere (either a student from UW, or an Epic employee), played with us a bit, get bodied, and have never shown up again. I assume they're still around but just lost interest, were intimidated by our amazing skills, or I scared them off =(. I'm sure everyone in the group likes meeting new players (well, probably most of us), so if you're a new player looking to level up before SF5 don't be intimidated from coming.

Facebook group is still active so check that out for info. I'll basically add anyone, but I might be slow to accept due to laziness. Facebook doesn't give any notifications to me when someone wants in, so blame them.

EDIT: I should also note that I heard there are other groups in the area (not surprising), but I know little to nothing about them outside of one person who told me about them. Apparently SF4 players. If they have some contact info that'd be nice.
  • MaDWaKMaDWaK madwak2dbasedgod Joined: Posts: 1,414
2»