Hello everyone. This may seem weird? But I'm MarkMan and I would like to share some information on the character 'Markman' in Divekick!
Markman has forward moving divekick arc, similar to Kung Pao. His kick startup is not instant and is a bit slower than most characters. Markman has tools to help makeup for his kick startup, including his ability to zone/create space with his items (which have random effects), and a just frame kick (EWGF - Electric Wind God Foot) that comes out almost instantly with an increased hitbox). He also has his kickback feint aerial skill that allows him to backdash in the air and create space/opportunity to bait out/punish if needed.
Markman's Ground Ability - Item Search
When on the ground, this meterless ability allows Markman to scavenge the surrounding area for items. The items serve as an advantage/hazard for BOTH players, so please be aware. The item generation is random and can consist of the following items:
- Part for the Kick Box (First you get the base, then the yellow button, then the blue button) - Once you have all 3, you will have 8 seconds in 'Precision Control Mode' that allows you to perform an upkick. The upkick, is just as it is stated an upward kick that can be used as a rushdown tool or an anti air. The possibilities of it's use are endless and Markman can continuously cancel his divekick into upkicks into divekicks and so forth (as long as he has meter). The more you use the upkick cancel the faster your Kickbox meter depletes. If Markman is headshot, hit, or double KO'd while in 'Precision Control Mode' then he loses any remaining meter in the next round
- Glue - If Markman or his opponent step in the glue, they will be stuck there for about a second. Leaving them vulnerable and unable to dive.
- Spring - If Markman or his opponent step into the spring it will cause them to be forced into an auto jump state where they will have to kick to get off the Spring. Some characters will be greatly disadvantaged if they step on the Spring, such as Redacted, who has too much gravity/not enough momentum to kick off and will be pretty much dead if they step square on the Spring.
- Oil - The oil acts as a slip and slide and if Markman or his opponent step/land into the oil they are able to use the additional momentum to add to their jump arc and seemingly alter the trajectory of their dive prior to kick activation.
- Black Hole - The black hole is placed on the ground and allows Markman or his opponent to travel through space by dropping through the endless ceiling and into the stage endlessly until they kick out.
- Chemicals - The chemical green cloud forms after it hits the ground. Anyone touching this cloud will lose all meter gradually.
Items will disappear over time or instantly if another item is called out in it's place.
Markman's Air Ability - Feint
With enough meter, Markman can cancel a divekick into a backdash in the air anytime during the kick animation. This can be used to bait people out or to make moves safer/get out of the way. After the feint is performed, Markman can initiate another kick to gain forward ground momentum.
Markman's precision moves - Just Frames
Markman has two just frame moves. Just frames are moves that require frame specific timing/execution in order to pull them off successfully. Markman's two abilities are the EWGF (Electric Wind God Food) and backdash.
- EWGF - Markman can perform a super fast divekick with an increased hitbox. You can tell it's an EWGF by the sound and visual lightning surrounding Markman's kick. This is performed at the apex of Markman's dive/jump. At the height of his jump, hit the kick button to perform this move. It can be done at varied heights and is useful for covering ground as well.
- Backdash - Markman can perform a backdash as he lands from a normal dive. If you hit dive right before you land, Markman will perform a backstep to create more ground between him and the opponent.
If there are any questions/comments. Please let me know.
Here are some videos with my Markman gameplay and I encourage you to upload yours!