Have you decided on a main?

King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
So far I'm leaning towards S-Kill because I like the parry ability. Kung Pao looks nice too because of the kick angle and the portal.
Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,435
    The Baz, I feel as if I have so much in common with him, he craps thunder.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • ALB247ALB247 Joined: Posts: 177
    edited August 2013
    My advice is to pick up at least 2-3 characters. Pick a main, find out who counters him or her, and then pick another character or two which counters those counters.

For example: if you really like Kung Pao, I'd recommend also learning someone who beats Uncle Sensei.

I would definitely recommend it if you're planning on using someone like The Baz, S-Kill or Jefailey, as they seem to have a lot of trouble with most other characters. This could all change after the first week, though, so if you feel like you can prove me wrong then go for it!
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,333
    S-Kill simply because I really love his character sprite.

• DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    Markman for life
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Densuo wrote: »
    Markman for life

Yeah, I just finished watching a stream and Markman looks more fun than I thought. I didn't know you could keep kicking after an up kick. You can use it for defense as well.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • ProjectRealityProjectReality Joined: Posts: 26
    I am going to use a lot of characters. So far, I am really liking the design of Stream. Stream + Meter Gem is going to be a very good pairing as his air special looks very good. Since I play Doom in Marvel 3, I have to play Dr. Shoals. Also, The Baz looks way too good.
  • Piglizard9Piglizard9 Joined: Posts: 43
    Jefailey, but I need to learn all the match-ups and then pick a secondary character.
  • CHIEFxIRONLUNGCHIEFxIRONLUNG FLOORPUNCH_NJHC Joined: Posts: 591
    horsebuttholes.jpg
    its not fine, but at least it makes sense. your a fucking retard if you cant even grasp that. only a retard would die for people they dont even know to increase these peoples bank accounts. now why dont you go and applie to the army retard, you would fit in quite nicely with the rest of them ignorant bitches.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    edited August 2013
    Piglizard9 wrote: »
    Jefailey, but I need to learn all the match-ups and then pick a secondary character.
    You're definitely going to have to learn a secondary character. All anyone has to do against Jefailey is pick the YOLO Gem and get one headshot.

edit: My mains have long been decided on. I'm primarily using Redacted and Dr Shoals.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• HansonHanson I main O. Cammy Joined: Posts: 25
    I'm liking MarkMan the more I play of him; I don't know if he'll be my main (which will be Dive), but at least a solid second character.
    I was MrMan99. Then I made a new account. Yay.

S-Tier at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    What I really want to do is run a character that is underused.
    What I really want to do is run a character that is underused.

In other words, you want to use the character that takes the most skill to use, because those characters are always underused. Keits seems to think that Kick will be the most used character, so I guess he's out. If I were to guess who might be the most underused character, I would say either Jefailey or Stream.
    So it looks like my mains are indeed S-Kill and Kung Pao. I think Pao is really good against Shoals.
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630
    Enjoying Sensei a lot atm.
    I think a good Sensei will be a nightmare to deal with. I haven't touched him yet myself.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,436
    So far only played Dive. I feel like I should be beating Baz players more than I am, dunno how to handle it exactly though. Keep thinking I can catch him on the way in, but getting zapped instead.
    I think I am going to main Kenny as there is no real way to counter pick him or train against him.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Have I decided? Not on day 1, no. S-Kill is a strong contender though; I really enjoy how he plays and will need to figure out a backup character that goes with him.
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    Redacted is great. I'm maining her definitely. Also Kung Pao. Might throw in a third depending on if the first two share any bad matchups.
  • Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 492
    Lol I have trouble with characters who jump ridiculously high as a kick main. 17-48 as Kick so far.
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman
    Mahvel:Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye alt Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
    SSFIV: Dan/Balrog

You are actually getting matches? It take me ten minutes and it is still hard for me to find a match.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,723 mod
    Decided on Shoals, considering either Kung Pao or Redacted.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    This game is so match-up dependent. I'm trying to stick with The Baz and just adapt to his bad matches(Dr. Shoals, Pao, Uncle Sensei and Jef IMO). IIRC my win/loss is 12/21. So far I've only played story mode and ranked.
    Post edited by Rioting Soul on
  • FenixStrykFenixStryk Joined: Posts: 12
    After going through the cast in Story Mode, I fervently decided to main Redacted. Even though her kick is rather shallow, her dive allows me to alternate between a defensive, punish-centric play style and an aggressive style that gains ground inch-by-inch. No one else in the roster possesses a dive with the same combination of speed and height; it's always one or the other. It's strange... I thought I would really enjoy The Baz, Markman and Kick, but they all felt wrong once I had the game in my hands.

I'll hold off on learning counter-picks until I'm sure about an unfavorable match-up weeks down the line. I suspect I'll eventually want to learn Dr. Shoals for some of Redacted's bad matches -- which is convenient, because I'm already using YOLO Shoals to down Jefaileys for free -- but I'd rather not spread focus between characters so early in the game's lifespan. Soon... but not yet.
  • KingfaceKingface UK Super SFII Turbo Player Joined: Posts: 27
    Just Dive & Kick after one day of playing so far.
    Check out http://www.grandmasterchallenge.com for events, results and features on the UK Super SFII Turbo scene!

Gamertag/Username for PSN, XBL & Fightcade: Festilence

ST & STHDR: Ryu & Ken
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 374
    My Win/Loss rate in Ranked is 32/20 (PS3 version) and I was surprised to get a 15 Win Streak with Dr. Shoals. I'm definitely maining Shoals and I also liked Kick and Uncle Sensei. I'm going to try out other characters like S-Kill & Markman. I don't know why, but I kinda dislike Kung Pao. Her Divekick is too awkward for me and I have no idea what the Ground Special move is for.
    Playing as:
    UNIEL: Yuzuriha, Gordeau
    BBCPEX: Bullet
    GG Xrd Revelator: I-No
    Koihime Enbu: Kan'u
    Killer Instinct:/ Fulgore
    Nitroplus Blasterz: Ignis
    My Win/Loss rate in Ranked is 32/20 (PS3 version) and I was surprised to get a 15 Win Streak with Dr. Shoals. I'm definitely maining Shoals and I also liked Kick and Uncle Sensei. I'm going to try out other characters like S-Kill & Markman. I don't know why, but I kinda dislike Kung Pao. Her Divekick is too awkward for me and I have no idea what the Ground Special move is for.

The ground special creates a portal crack. Her air special opens the crack and you come out of it.
  • Piglizard9Piglizard9 Joined: Posts: 43
    All anyone has to do against Jefailey is pick the YOLO Gem and get one headshot.
    I came across this with my first online match. I didn't even see it coming.
  • Sentient_KeyboardSentient_Keyboard Joined: Posts: 9
    I'm feeling Mr. N and Dr. Shoals the best, so I will probably focus on them. I'd like to become good at Stream at some point, but he's really tricky to use effectively.
  • OccupySRKOccupySRK Joined: Posts: 25
    edited August 2013
    Call me crazy, but... The YOLO Baz.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    S-Kill is definitely going to be my most played character. That parry is one of my favorite things in the game. "What an answer!" or "Moment 37!" right before getting a guaranteed headshot is just so perfect. Plus his teleports allow him unique ways to get out from under people.
    I am the one true frog.
    I might pick up S-Kill as my secondary.
    edited August 2013
    OccupySRK wrote: »
    Is your PSN handle Deke86?

Forgot I posted already. And I can't delete posts. So...
  • jay_redjay_red Joined: Posts: 120
    picked this up this afternoon and immediately went to Dr. Shoals because I thought the name was hilarious and ended up liking her the most out of the few I played so far.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,436

What does his kick factor do exactly? Is it just impossible to touch him? I kicked him when he was standing still on the ground and lost, and no he didn't do the animation for his ground special.

• Sentient_KeyboardSentient_Keyboard Joined: Posts: 9

What does his kick factor do exactly? Is it just impossible to touch him? I kicked him when he was standing still on the ground and lost, and no he didn't do the animation for his ground special.

Yup, when in kickfactor Baz becomes kill-on-touch. Just get the hell away and try to run out his meter, it doesn't last as long as other kickfactors.

• superwii64cubesuperwii64cube Joined: Posts: 17
    Uh I think I'm the only Mr.N so far here. I only have 4/3 on ranked, but Marneto and GTFO are such good positioning tools that he doesn't need to activate kick factor. I don't know about bad matchups and stuff yet though. imo with a matchup based game like this I think a quick day 1 matchup chart can show off stuff from people that have played quite a bit so far
  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    I haven't played them all yet, but I think it's between Markman and Kung Pao. Or possibly both. Redacted being third. I am interested in playing Stream, but he felt really awkward..
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795

The YOLO gem with Baz is messed up, it says there should be a 30% increase in every stat but there isn't. There's a thread on Divekick about it:
    http://divekick.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nk5ciuldab13ct9bf7o2ii4p06&topic=75.0
    I am the one true frog.
  • OccupySRKOccupySRK Joined: Posts: 25
    edited August 2013
    Is your PSN handle Deke86?

Forgot I posted already. And I can't delete posts. So...

No, it's OccupyVita.

The YOLO gem with Baz is messed up, it says there should be a 30% increase in every stat but there isn't. There's a thread on Divekick about it:
    http://divekick.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nk5ciuldab13ct9bf7o2ii4p06&topic=75.0

Thanks for the info. I will switch to the meter gem probably.