Have you decided on a main?

2»

Comments

• perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    Mr. N and Baz. Baz was going to be my alt but I've taken to playing him the most.
  • KyehlarKyehlar Purrrfect Joined: Posts: 122
    Been drawn to Kung Pao since UFGT and picked her up as soon as I got the game. I'm about even on win/loss record, but I love playing with her.
    "Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never."
    SFV - Cammy/Ken/Juri USF4 - Cammy/Decapre/Sakura MKX - Mileena
    DOA5U - Ayane/Helena/Christie KOFXIII - King/Yuri/Mai/Kim SCV - Mitsurugi Style
    UMvC3 - Felicia/Tron/Jill/Tricia/Dante GG - Baiken/Millia/Jam Persona 4 - Marie/Yukiko/Margaret
    Skullgirls - Eliza/Cerebella/Valentine Divekick - Kung Pao Killer Instinct - Orchid
    twitch.tv/kyehlar Avatar Image by svoidist
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    I think it's unrealistic to try and be competitive in this game while only maining one character. Matchups are so clear-cut that you can tell just from fighting the CPU what character is at advantage or disadvantage. Thus, counterpicking is going to be very important.

I've only really been feeling Kick and Mr. N so far, but I'm gonna have to find someone that covers for their weak matchups.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • ProjectRealityProjectReality Joined: Posts: 26
    Except for Kenny. That is what is so cool.
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    All over the place right now. Mr. N and Kick seem to be the best choices for how I play (Kick is probably more well-rounded and his air special is just unreal).
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,421
    DRaGZ wrote: »
    King9999 wrote: »
    That "mysterious rewinding" is GGPO.

I think what Kotow is saying is that the rewinding is being done on purpose by the players.

And what I am saying is that it's not the other player, it's GGPO.

GGPO doesn't switch from a perfect connection to unplayable amounts of rewind after one player gets a 4-2 lead on it's own. GGPO handles changes in latency by rewinding the game, it doesn't suddenly create spikes of latency out of thin air. This dude was fucking with his internet because he took a game of Divekick way too seriously, and that's just sad.
  • DRaGZDRaGZ Joined: Posts: 72
    GGPO doesn't switch from a perfect connection to unplayable amounts of rewind after one player gets a 4-2 lead on it's own. GGPO handles changes in latency by rewinding the game, it doesn't suddenly create spikes of latency out of thin air. This dude was fucking with his internet because he took a game of Divekick way too seriously, and that's just sad.

Some people have bad Internet that gets lag spikes. It happens. Get over it.
  • Summoner HansSummoner Hans JELLY CUBE! Joined: Posts: 564
    Mr. N seems to be a common choice but I really like his style a lot. I think his ability to walk backwards for meter is pretty spectacular because its so simple that its probably going to have a lot of uses in a lot of matchups.

I also think Kenny is worth playing in the long haul. He really seems to suffer more than most when dizzy though cuz by the time you dive and figure out who you are you may already be rushed down and helpless.
    tag: Nd Khakis
    UMVC3: Taskington/Doom/Ammy
    Smash 4: Mario

I really should give up on the Baz and go for Uncle Sensei. He's still my favorite playstyle, but you have to work so much harder with him because the loss of his awesome Kickfactor has forced him to be far less aggressive. On the other hand, Uncle Sensei can go ham thanks to stance switches.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I really should give up on the Baz and go for Uncle Sensei. He's still my favorite playstyle, but you have to work so much harder with him because the loss of his awesome Kickfactor has forced him to be far less aggressive. On the other hand, Uncle Sensei can go ham thanks to stance switches.

That's exactly why Baz's kickfactor got changed: it was a crutch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Even with that Kickfactor, he still lost to a lot of characters. It's not like it isn't still a free kill on a lot of characters, it's just now a lot less threatening.

I dunno, maybe you shouldn't lose your entire bar when you kill with Kickfactor, maybe it should just halve your current bar or something. Baz is too dependent on meter to have a mechanic where you're rewarded then heavily punished for doing what you're supposed to be doing as the Baz.
  • N0_d3N1ALN0_d3N1AL GT: sinadoom Joined: Posts: 115
    Dr Shoals
2»