So this game is awful

2

Comments

  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    d3v wrote: »
    OP might as well admit that they have no idea what 2d fighting games are about.

    2D fighting games are not about combos.

    2D fighting games are not about execution.

    2D fighting games are not about complex systems.

    2D fighting games are not about memorizing varied movelist

    What 2D fighting games are about is CONTROLLING SPACE. More specifically, they're about 2 characters controlling space on a 2D plane. Divekick simply distills the genre down to that. Depth and longevity comes not from mastering the systems in the game, but from mastering your opponent. If you fail to appreciate that, then you might reconsider why you're playing 2D fighting games in the first place.

    You missed footsies which is part of sapcing but not quite.Anyway thats retarded.First of all fighters are not about one thing. 2nd you'd learn 100 times more about spacing form games like xTekken or SF4 if you put in the time. Also the spacing in most 2D fighters is actaully enjoyable becasue you have many ways to go about it. I think you should quit 2d fighters if you think there are about one thing. Spacing is quite important sure but let me tell you, there is no higher purpose for Divekick to theach you spacing.It was a joke for a tronament and its still is.


  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    IglooBob wrote: »
    begano wrote: »
    Only reason Im getting negative response is this is on shoryuken and its a comunity made game.I didn't expected anything else.The game is trash for the money it costs.Someone should warn people not to waste money.That why I've said wait for a deep discount in my first post.

    Also its pretty funny how no one has the balls to call this a good game (cus its not). All I get is "well what did you expect" or "get wasted with your frinds and play it there bro, its fun then".Yeah... thats pathetic.If you are wasted enough you will have fun even with rolling a rock with a stick.

    wow, you are retarded

    You are very intellectual man yourself.I can tell.

  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    I'm really glad I'm getting to see the true face fo Shoryuken under the hood btw. I guess some people wenr't full of shit as I originally was thinking. Let see, I was called bout retard and a scrub without insulting anyone directly. Stay classy.

    I dont want any of your retarded drama tho so I'll just move on.

    P.S.Divekick is an awful, awful game (exept the humor that wears off pretty quickly).I truly believe that.Gameplay, art and online... all you need to look at.

    jiz.

  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    You knew you were going to be called a retard and scrub eventually if you kept it up ;). Don't blame it on Shoryuken, it will happen in any forum anywhere.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    humbag wrote: »
    You sound like someone with an agenda making all these posts so who are you trying to kid?

    To me it is coming off like "I DONT LIKE THIS GAME SO IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME YOU ARE WRONG WAAH WAAHH WAAHH"

    Get the fuck out of here.

    No. I am a paying customer and have the right to give my opinion on this trash game.

    I don't give a shit how its coming off.All it is, is my personal feelings on the game and I stand by that.


    But did you seriously have to make an entire thread about it? You couldn't have just posted it in FGD? Or on your facebook or something instead of this shit? You are entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to say this.

    If you are so worried about "wasting" 9 bucks you have bigger issues in your life and you should work on them instead of posting here friend. I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread anyway.
    Jord wrote: »
    You knew you were going to be called a retard and scrub eventually if you kept it up ;). Don't blame it on Shoryuken, it will happen in any forum anywhere.

    The mods should banish OP to gamefaqs there redardation like his is praised and commended.
  • w00denTEETHw00denTEETH "BLOW A FUSE, you lose" Joined: Posts: 780
    I agree that the OP is suffering from retardation. More so because of the fact that he bought the game than the content of his posts.

    You should have known what it was but you fell for the hype.

    Hype is a very dangerous thing when we are dealing with such large sums of money.

  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    Such hatful and pathetic people in here. ^^ I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda enjoying this. This wasn't a troll thread btw but you have your free for all.I'm gonna get my popcorn and butter and you can supply the salt.

    Also I'm gonna get my retard counter up and lets leave the meaning of it a bit ambiguous.

    Retard count: 3
  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    I don't blame you, being a troll is fun! Even being an unintentional troll I suppose.. All the attention you never had when you were young, what is not to love!
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    Jord wrote: »
    I don't blame you, being a troll is fun! Even being an unintentional troll I suppose.. All the attention you never had when you were young, what is not to love!

    You just called trolls attention whores in a post in which you try to troll me.

    Retard count: 4

  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    What was your intention with this thread, to suggest that people not buy Divekick? A calm review of the game would accomplish that better than just saying that everything is horrible or is boring or looks like shit. You just wanna vent about having bought a game that you don't like.
    I am the one true frog.
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    What was your intention with this thread, to suggest that people not buy Divekick? A calm review of the game would accomplish that better than just saying that everything is horrible or is boring or looks like shit. You just wanna vent about having bought a game that you don't like.

    Fuck me, finally someone with an reasonable IQ that doens't want to just shit on me. You might have a point.Maybe I did want to vent a littel bit but it was never intended to troll.I never directly attacked the devs, I never called anyone that plays it supid or whatever.I think the game is shitty and I've said so.Since when does the FGC gets so butthurt over a littel vulgarity? I mean its one thing to hate on a game because you think its awful but I got called reatrad a bunch of times.Says a lot about some people if you ask me.

    I think its a bit too late for discussions now tho.Watch this thread go to the shit bin and me getting called reatard 432423432 times.

    Retard count: 4
  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    I don't think you quite got my angle ;). No worries though
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Sounds like the game just wasn't made for you.
    Get over it.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    What was your intention with this thread, to suggest that people not buy Divekick? A calm review of the game would accomplish that better than just saying that everything is horrible or is boring or looks like shit. You just wanna vent about having bought a game that you don't like.

    Fuck me, finally someone with an reasonable IQ that doens't want to just shit on me. You might have a point.Maybe I did want to vent a littel bit but it was never intended to troll.I never attacked the devs, I never called anyone that plays it supid or whatever.I think the game is shitty and I've said so.Since when does the FGC gets so butthurt over a littel vulgarity? I mean its one thing to hate on a game because you think its awful but I got called reatrad a bunch of times.Says a lot about some people if you ask me.

    The reason you got called a retard is because you said that the game doesn't utilize or teach fundamentals. Most of SRK agrees that fundamentals refers to spacing and footsies, or rather staying in an area that is advantageous to you and disadvantageous to your opponent. I think the game does a good job of teaching those, and we just disagree on that. The reason people are calling you an idiot is because you don't really have an argument, you're just saying the game is bad. If you had said the game is bad because there are very few angles of attack per character, then that provokes thought and takes an actual, thought-out stance that can be discussed.
    Post edited by RadicalFuzz on
    I am the one true frog.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    @d3v can you delete/ lock this troll thread before it gets too out of hand?

    @begano nobody here is trolling you. You posted stupid shit and there was a backlash. Nobody here is trolling you when you legitimately said something completely pants on head retarded.
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    Celerity wrote: »
    Not liking the game is one thing, but calling it a waste of money is just ridiculous. It's $10. You can't even buy a decent meal for $10, and you shit out a decent meal a few hours after eating it.

    Modern games are $60 new, so where is the outrage when you pay that much for a single player game with ~20 hours of gameplay? Based on your post, you've already played Divekick for at least 20 hours, making it a much better value than most big budget games currently on that market. Graphics, that's not even an argument. You knew exactly what the graphics looked like before you bought the game.

    I'm sorry that the game isn't fun for you. Of course it's not going to rival Street Fighter in replayability. But I've paid a lot more for games that I've played a lot less, and I didn't bother to make threads about those games, either.

    Its not the money ok.If i was so butthurt about my money I'd get that single refund steam gives you without any questions asked.I'm not doing that. I've bought quite of few shitty games for 60 euro actually and its whatever.(Like this pile of shit WET that came a few years back, I still have it somehwere here).

    The thing is that.

    1. Known people in the community praised it and some of them I actually trust wen it comes to recommendations.Or I did...
    2. There are much better indie games that you can get cheeper without discount .Also there are free flash games better then this.
    3. I was quite disappointed

  • CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    begano wrote: »
    Celerity wrote: »
    Not liking the game is one thing, but calling it a waste of money is just ridiculous. It's $10. You can't even buy a decent meal for $10, and you shit out a decent meal a few hours after eating it.

    Modern games are $60 new, so where is the outrage when you pay that much for a single player game with ~20 hours of gameplay? Based on your post, you've already played Divekick for at least 20 hours, making it a much better value than most big budget games currently on that market. Graphics, that's not even an argument. You knew exactly what the graphics looked like before you bought the game.

    I'm sorry that the game isn't fun for you. Of course it's not going to rival Street Fighter in replayability. But I've paid a lot more for games that I've played a lot less, and I didn't bother to make threads about those games, either.

    Its not the money ok.If i was so butthurt about my money I'd get that single refund steam gives you without any questions asked.I'm not doing that. I've bought quite of few shitty games for 60 euro actually and its whatever.(Like this pile of shit WET that came a few years back, I still have it somehwere here).

    The thing is that.

    1. Known people in the community praised it and some of them I actually trust wen it comes to recommendations.Or I did...
    2. There are much better indie games that you can get cheeper without discount .Also there are free flash games better then this.
    3. I was quite disappointed

    A game is only worth what people are willing to pay. I'd be willing to pay more than $10 for Divekick.

    Learn to draw your own conclusions and do better research before buying a game if it bothers you that much. I only watched Divekick on a few tournament streams and I feel like I knew exactly what I was getting.
    (P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 374
    You know the saying "When in Rome, do as Romans do"?

    It's okay that you don't like the game, but if I were you, I'd just voice my disappointment in FGD or the Unpopular Gaming Opinions (There are already people there who don't like Divekick) thread in GD instead of going to the section reserved for people who are into Divekick and telling people not to buy the game. I'm sure, for example, UMvC3 fans would be annoyed if someone went to their section and started making threads bashing their favourite game.
    Playing as:
    UNIEL: Yuzuriha, Gordeau
    BBCPEX: Bullet
    GG Xrd Revelator: I-No
    Koihime Enbu: Kan'u
    Killer Instinct:/ Fulgore
    Nitroplus Blasterz: Ignis
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    The game is what it was supposed to be. Were you expecting 3rd Strike.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,874
    The game is what it was supposed to be. Were you expecting 3rd Strike.

    Hello Kitty Island Adventure, methinks.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 785
    I can kind of see where the OP is coming from in some cases.

    I'm an artist and the artwork in the game makes me want to scratch out my eyes. The voice-acting is pretty terrible too. I know it's all on purpose...but it's not appealing at all to me.

    Gameplay wise it looks interesting but art and sound alone are enough to make me stay away. =/
    Check out my work!

    MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

    TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm sure, for example, UMvC3 fans would be annoyed if someone went to their section and started making threads bashing their favourite game.

    The thread wouldn't even last a day.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    begano wrote: »
    Such hatful and pathetic people in here. ^^ I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda enjoying this. This wasn't a troll thread btw but you have your free for all.I'm gonna get my popcorn and butter and you can supply the salt.

    Also I'm gonna get my retard counter up and lets leave the meaning of it a bit ambiguous.

    Retard count: 3

    You went full retard first, I never felt the need to make an entire thread about a game I knew I never would play let alone purchase and then complain about.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,669
    Celerity wrote: »
    Modern games are $60 new, so where is the outrage when you pay that much for a single player game with ~20 hours of gameplay? Based on your post, you've already played Divekick for at least 20 hours, making it a much better value than most big budget games currently on that market. Graphics, that's not even an argument. You knew exactly what the graphics looked like before you bought the game.

    20? A good few of the modern movie-abominations have barely half a dozen.
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    Such hatful and pathetic people in here. ^^ I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda enjoying this. This wasn't a troll thread btw but you have your free for all.I'm gonna get my popcorn and butter and you can supply the salt.

    Also I'm gonna get my retard counter up and lets leave the meaning of it a bit ambiguous.

    Retard count: 3

    You went full retard first, I never felt the need to make an entire thread about a game I knew I never would play let alone purchase and then complain about.

    So you never complained about anything you spend money on ever and everyone that does is a full retard?

    You logic flows like dianira. It think you are just an asshole. Retard this retard that.I'm so upset OH NOOOOOO. Wise up bro.You sound like a xbox live PM.

    Retard count: 5

    Edit: Also I played the game for like 7-8 hours before I made my mind about it.My first post says "around 80 mathces". Wtf are you talking about "I knew I never would play let alone purchase". I think you should avoid calling people retards because of irony issues and stuff.
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    OP's an idiot. In this day and age where there's a million reviews, a million places to watch gameplay, and a million other places to get information on a game before you buy it, you're a fool if you buy a game (AFTER RESEARCHING IT) and still complain about it. '

    Let's all not mention that the commercial advertisement listed EVERY single feature of this game (2 characters with 2 buttons.), and lets forget that that was before they added 11 other characters and more depth to the game.

    "you logic flows like dianira" "It think you are just an asshole"

    Then tells other people to wise up.

    Nigga went full kawaii

    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    OP's an idiot. In this day and age where there's a million reviews, a million places to watch gameplay, and a million other places to get information on a game before you buy it, you're a fool if you buy a game (AFTER RESEARCHING IT) and still complain about it. '

    Let's all not mention that the commercial advertisement listed EVERY single feature of this game (2 characters with 2 buttons.), and lets forget that that was before they added 11 other characters and more depth to the game.

    "you logic flows like dianira" "It think you are just an asshole"

    Then tells other people to wise up.

    Nigga went full kawaii

    Its pretty dark in here and my keyboard is black. Holy fucking shit you must be on to something. Want a cookie ?

  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    OP's an idiot. In this day and age where there's a million reviews, a million places to watch gameplay, and a million other places to get information on a game before you buy it, you're a fool if you buy a game (AFTER RESEARCHING IT) and still complain about it. '

    Let's all not mention that the commercial advertisement listed EVERY single feature of this game (2 characters with 2 buttons.), and lets forget that that was before they added 11 other characters and more depth to the game.

    "you logic flows like dianira" "It think you are just an asshole"

    Then tells other people to wise up.

    Nigga went full kawaii

    Its pretty dark in here and my keyboard is black. Holy fucking shit you must be on to something. Want a cookie ?

    asdf jkl; mofo. FIND YOUR HOME KEYS.

    Also, 'r' is nowhere near 'n'. And there are two 'r's so you should have at least spelled it 'diannira'.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    OP's an idiot. In this day and age where there's a million reviews, a million places to watch gameplay, and a million other places to get information on a game before you buy it, you're a fool if you buy a game (AFTER RESEARCHING IT) and still complain about it. '

    Let's all not mention that the commercial advertisement listed EVERY single feature of this game (2 characters with 2 buttons.), and lets forget that that was before they added 11 other characters and more depth to the game.

    "you logic flows like dianira" "It think you are just an asshole"

    Then tells other people to wise up.

    Nigga went full kawaii

    Its pretty dark in here and my keyboard is black. Holy fucking shit you must be on to something. Want a cookie ?

    ITP: Spell check doesn't exist
    ITP: Proof-reading your work doesn't exist
    ITP: Hilarity.

    --> Tells people to wise up
    ---> Post filled with dianira

    Nah man we are just retreaded.

    Retread contu: 7

    It's bad for your eyes to be on a computer in the dark. Turn on a light.
    -Uncle Sensei.
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    begano wrote: »
    OP's an idiot. In this day and age where there's a million reviews, a million places to watch gameplay, and a million other places to get information on a game before you buy it, you're a fool if you buy a game (AFTER RESEARCHING IT) and still complain about it. '

    Let's all not mention that the commercial advertisement listed EVERY single feature of this game (2 characters with 2 buttons.), and lets forget that that was before they added 11 other characters and more depth to the game.

    "you logic flows like dianira" "It think you are just an asshole"

    Then tells other people to wise up.

    Nigga went full kawaii

    Its pretty dark in here and my keyboard is black. Holy fucking shit you must be on to something. Want a cookie ?

    ITP: Spell check doesn't exist
    ITP: Proof-reading your work doesn't exist
    ITP: Hilarity.

    --> Tells people to wise up
    ---> Post filled with dianira

    In all honesty I might make and expect to make a buch of typos and grammar errors since english isn't my native so feel free to scout my post and go full grammar nazi on me.See if I care.

    However I know how to spell fucking "I" and "your" and you know I know.You're just being a dipshit.

    As far as spell checks go.Why would I fucking care.Its the internet and I'm talking anonymously to you. If you want to get personal you can't, so fuck off.You know nothing about me. All this was were my issues and frustration with divekick and you idiots are trying making it personal.Pathetic.

  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Here is the thing games are subjective, just like movies, books, etc. U can research beforehand and get a decent idea of generally what a game is about. I researched Divekick and it is made pretty clear what the game is about, decided I had no interest in it and didn't buy it...and I probably never will.

    U complain about the art, but that is something u can judge without ever buying or playing the game. U complain about how it doesn't compare to SFIV...seriously did u look up what the basic idea was behind this game? It sounds like u had no clue what this game was about, thought it was supposed to be like other modern fighters (Blazblue, SFIV, MVC3, etc.) and spent ur money and now u are upset and created a thread just to rant about it to people who enjoy the game.

    Hopefully u learned a valuable lesson if u value ur money. Find out what a game is about before u buy it.




  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited August 2013
    You should "care" because you were attempting to make a (dimwitted) point. I don't know what you know, because based on the first impression I have of you, you're retarded.

    You can't call people retarded when you can't even spell properly or punctuate properly. English not being your native language means absolutely nothing when the internet gives you ALL the tools to self-check your own english.

    We're the idiots, but at least people know what the hell they paid for when they bought it.

    Oh my god, you know what I did? I researched the game, decided it wasn't for my tastes, and DIDN'T buy it. I appreciate the effort and all the things that went into the game, but I didn't personally like it, after doing this crazy thing called researching it and used that $10 to buy a gyro instead.

    and we're pathetic, when your the one ranting about a $10 game that you didn't research? A TEN DOLLAR GAME MEANT TO BE A PARTY GAME?
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • beganobegano Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    You should "care" because you were attempting to make a (dimwitted) point. I don't know what you know, because based on the first impression I have of you, you're retarded.

    You can't call people retarded when you can't even spell properly or punctuate properly. English not being your native language means absolutely nothing when the internet gives you ALL the tools to self-check your own english.

    We're the idiots, but at least people know what the hell they paid for when they bought it.

    Oh my god, you know what I did? I researched the game, decided it wasn't for my tastes, and DIDN'T buy it. I appreciate the effort and all the things that went into the game, but I didn't personally like it, after doing this crazy thing called researching it and used that $10 to buy a gyro instead.

    and we're pathetic, when your the one ranting about a $10 game that you didn't research? A TEN DOLLAR GAME MEANT TO BE A PARTY GAME?

    I never called anyone retarded although maybe I should have since its such a popular word over here.

    As far a grammer goes, go and learn a couple of foreign languages.Might change your opinion.

    Anyway I dont give a shit , you should't give a shit and its waste of time at this point.I've done this back and forward dance before I'd rather play some games instead. Wish you the best bro.Enjoy whatever game you are playing.

    If someone else wants to shit on me and/or call me retarded go ahead. I might respond or I might not. Divekick sucks in any case.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    I gotta agree with OP, after finally getting a look at this game there is no danger am paying that cash for a game that looks complete shit
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

    -Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,088
    I take back what I said, it's worth $10 IF they patch the networking. A game that doesn't offer too much depth but has great networking is totally worth $10. Unfortunately, the random disconnects, stuttering, and even noticeable lag(surprising, considering the game is so simple and uses GGPO) ruin the online experience for me. And, for the record, I use the lobby search and stick to connections under 80 ping. I don't even bother with quickmatch anymore, as it's terrible at choosing a suitable, or even playable, connection.
2
This discussion has been closed.