The New Fist of the Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 600
    thanks for the videos man!
    That mago is inane
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    And everyone thought Toki was broken... Infinite dragon punch > Toki for free...
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSShoryukeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn x Infinity
    hehe!
  • deadly_magnetodeadly_magneto Underground King Joined: Posts: 389
    sbo torrent out
    A man distracted is a man defeated.
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,585
    hmm maybe it could be posted up on youtube?maybe?
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    Maybe you should buy the fucking thing.
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    it sure can i nominate shinto for the job
    thought someone would have posted this by now.

Matches: http://page.freett.com/kuuronn/ 2006/9/1 videos 1-8
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hi does anyone in know where i can find FIST OF THE NORTH STAR T-Shirts on California, in Davis, California ... next to Sacremento (capital of california)

or any place next to it
    wow, as if this game wasn't broke already with Rei's infinte, there's a 100% Toki throw combo and 100%/Infintite with Mamiya lol. If this comes out on PS2, I hope they do some sort of Arcade/Original option like they did with Melty Blood.
    Matches: http://page.freett.com/kuuronn/ 2006/9/2 1-8
    2006/9/3 1-5
  • Hydra632Hydra632 Joined: Posts: 464
    Matches: http://page.freett.com/kuuronn/ 2006/9/2 1-8
    2006/9/3 1-5

Heart's 6 star BD throw infinite on 9-2 Match 5 is the hotness.
    Real talk no Ssf4 but pizza was good mad hardbody Im getting a little salty pizzas too clutch
    new matches on white's blog.
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    There's rumors of the PS2 version coming out in March next year.

If it's true I'm sure loads of other sites will post the info up.
    The great news that all the fans of arcade and Ken the survivor waited finally fell: Hokuto No Ken, left initially in arcade on the Atomiswave system, will be adapted on PS2! For the moment Sega-Sammy did not communicate yet on specificities of this version, but there is already a date of exit: March 2007. The appointment is taken!
    6 months time? Takes the biscuit a bit doesn't it?
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    March '07 you say? That's better than nothing, and certainly more calming than "No HnK for you!" :confused:
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Eh, while they certainly kept us waiting for a while, it's not like HnK has been the only one that has been dragging its feet. MB:AC took like the better portion of 2 years. And all those 3rd Strike hounds had to wait until the PS2 version some years later before they finally got their "ideal" release. And like oyg just said, it's better than just saying "screw you! no game for you!", which is more or less what fate befell Rumble Fish 2... :confused:

Any way, as I've mentioned on other topics relating to this over the net, I'm sincerely hoping that all of this time is being used wisely, for AS's sake. For all that they've kept us in the dark, and now we're still going to have to wait a while longer for, they better have upgraded the hell out of this game, such that it's as far removed from the original arcade release as possible. I'm talking new chars, new supers, new BGs and music...hell, just more of everything, and hopefully a lot more balanced this time around. I think people will be more than able to "look the other way" when it comes to this game's lack of "arcade perfection", if the end product just turns out to that much better. And of course, there's nothing that says that they couldn't put in the original version of the game on the disc some how (if nothing else, just for giggles), while also "reverse-porting" the PS2 game back to arcades for another go round...

I'll be looking out for when play-asia and them put pre-orders up for grabs...:wgrin:
  • Gwyrgyn BloodGwyrgyn Blood Joined: Posts: 682
    I think more likely all of the production time was used to create a Story Mode and other console port goodies. Wouldn't seem very Arc like to do a reverse port, although we can always hope.

On the bright side, that means they are still working on the game and probably will do a revision soon enough (GG got one in about a year, Fist is newer so they probably have a lot of work to do).

If they do put out a revision, I might have to scrape together a "Fist Fund" to buy a board and cab, since we probably won't get lucky enough to have someone buy it like the last one.
    --Ripped from Insert Credit--

News: Arc System Works' Hokuto no Ken on PS2
    September 13, 2006, 08:55 AM

by Recap, via Arc Systems - [p]
    You remember it, right? The latest Famitsu issue reveals it's finally coming to the PS2 in March, with Survival and Training modes added as extras. So now we only need a Rumble Fish 2 announcement. Pssst, Sega.

Training: Must.
    Train for what? Raoh's Super Bouncy Ball Kenshiro combo! (121 hits)
  • Gwyrgyn BloodGwyrgyn Blood Joined: Posts: 682
    Oh that's beautiful. He can do those crossup corner spikes on a number of characters, but I hadn't seen the bounce infinite yet. Now it looks like Rei, Mamiya and Raoh have bounce infinites.

Oh nohoho please come back :(
  • shatterstarshatterstar still unauthorized Joined: Posts: 8,553

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
    http://officialniapparel.blogspot.com/
    dont know if any of you seen these

Matches: http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/kurenaibuta/vegas
    Pass: Hokuto

Matches: http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/kurenaibuta/vegas2
    Pass: Hokuto

Since people might not be able to wait to see the shin bug. here it is
    Why until March 2007?

God they are freaking lazy as fuck, they better give it more than just an arcade port if its going to take that long!!!
    ive uploaded those recent filebanks http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Marstorious

New matches on white's blog.
    Awesome match with Juda's wall bounce glitch...

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,632
    lol hokuto no glitch...
    i think the sole reason ppl are still playing the game is to find more and more funny bugs.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    And I'm gutted I'm not a part of it... That's the most exciting part of playing a game, discovering it's flaws. Once the Japanese have got it over and done with playing the game's just mediocre...
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,632
    till they make "hnk ver.b: no more glitches(we hope..)"
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    till they make "hnk ver.b: no more glitches(we hope..)"
    That's a good point, as long as I get it pre-ordered I should finnaly be part of the HNK fun...
  • ShadeShade FEMLE Joined: Posts: 2,287
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Does it actually mention a release date cos I can't make out shit.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • 9TNine9TNine Sultry Performance Joined: Posts: 766
    Does it actually mention a release date cos I can't make out shit.

March 2007.

• Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Thanks
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • ShadowcuzShadowcuz JTC Joined: Posts: 1,626
    March 2007.

wow thats a long time...:sad:
    PSN: JTCuz
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,585
    ive uploaded those recent filebanks http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Marstorious

New matches on white's blog.

Arigato.
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
  • thedude.comthedude.com Gedo Gang Goes Funky Joined: Posts: 3,018
    i am wondering what HNK2 going to be like ......?
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    :crybaby: <--- tears of joy. i've been wanting to play this game since it came out in arcades. cant wait till march!
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • 9TNine9TNine Sultry Performance Joined: Posts: 766
    That game looks interesting but broken as fuck. Hopefully they'll release an arcade perfect version and a "fixed" version on the same disc.

wow thats a long time...:sad:

What I tell you, they are so fucking lazy, look at Slash, that game was ported for system really fast, and they take their lazy ass time for HnK:arazz:
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,307
    What I tell you, they are so fucking lazy, look at Slash, that game was ported for system really fast, and they take their lazy ass time for HnK:arazz:

they probably fixed the game.

anyway fucking hokuto for ps2, at last

but then until next year,shit
    They also need to release the OST soon:annoy:
    That's because the arcade version needs a hell of a lot more work done to it than Slash ever did. By the way it looks it isn't a simple port over to console...
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    They also need to release the OST soon:annoy:

Wasn't someone supposed to rip it?
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
    That's because the arcade version needs a hell of a lot more work done to it than Slash ever did. By the way it looks it isn't a simple port over to console...

They better put in story mode with full dialog, endings, and maybe a option to switch to Arcade mode or fixed mode if they are going to take that long.

This game came out in 2005, so 2 years until we see a port!!!

im not sure about that
    hydra was supposed to rip it but he didn't know what to do. I don't blame him. I wouldn't know where to start or begin. :sad:
    new matches up at white's blog
  • tianyuantianyuan I will be back... Joined: Posts: 574

Is this what you need?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZWCSO0J
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115

You sir, are truly a god among men. =D
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP