The New Fist of the Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• ShadowcuzShadowcuz JTC Joined: Posts: 1,626
    For Raoh's Sai, how much time the opponent have in order to block it?
    PSN: JTCuz
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Yes very... Not sure exactly what it is, but I am having trouble doing things I can do no prob in the arcade.

Hmm.. it didn't seem significantly different to me. One problem I had is adjusting to my HRAP instead of AI's sticks that I've been using for so long, because the sticks feel very differently. The second issue is the extra buttons on the HRAP which confuse me at times, because I used to use the space under the boost button in the arcade to orient my fingers kinda. Other than these, I haven't had problems with combos and such.

Step yo flight up son! :razzy:
    Rei's FKO on Mamiya is straight gold
  • TsumuriTsumuri Bad Hugo Player Joined: Posts: 184
    Yes very... Not sure exactly what it is, but I am having trouble doing things I can do no prob in the arcade.

You've gotten to used to those cruddy sticks at AI. Time to break in your stick. Give it a couple of days and you'll do Rei's mighty combo's in no time.
    "BAM WHADDYA DOIMG IMMA GOMMA GO HOME AND EET HATWINGZ EN FUGGIN SAGE DIS STOOPID THREAD GEEZ." - Don Vito

One noticable thing with Juda is when I do a close corner C into a dp+A after the CD attack, it connects, but in the PS2 version the dp+A doesn't connect anymore ( the character goes off screen):arazz:

So is this a sort of updated version of HnK?
    I'm killin em' out there with Shin! Omfg...the dude is sooo nice, 21 hit combo from ground to air easily, something I made up on the fly:

lp-lp-lp-lp-((Boost))-lp-lp-lk-c.hp-((Boost))-hk-lp+hp (Launch)

The rest varies from there, you could do

lp-lp-lk-hk-nanto gokutoken

or

lp-lk-hp-hk-nanto gokutoken

He's niceeeeee, game is sick...I just came up with a nifty Kenshiro combo aswell:

(Close to your opponent)

hk-hk-:hcf:+hk-j.lp-j.hp

Variables from there on out, the one I do consistantly after the above is

hk-(little delay) hk-:hcf:+hk-Hokuto Zouhoshou

Or you could screw that all together and go into a fatal KO after the initial starter combo...105 hits :wink:

Shit Is Hot!!!

I'm out gonna go practice more
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,792
    He's too fat,and plus it doesn't feel right using a character that was cannon fodder(For what it is worth,he was the first enemy to give Kenshiro trouble,but it wasn't for long).

Booo XP

Ken only killed Heart-sama cause he somehow found a way to punch through his fat cause he's teh hero and he can't die in the 4th episode :lol: but yeah...use Mr.Heart people...stop saying how cool Rei is. Rei sucks, I mean Raoh fucked him up with a cape and a finger. :rolleyes:
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,295
    Booo XP

Ken only killed Heart-sama cause he somehow found a way to punch through his fat cause he's teh hero and he can't die in the 4th episode :lol: but yeah...use Mr.Heart people...stop saying how cool Rei is. Rei sucks, I mean Raoh fucked im up with a cape and a finger. :rolleyes:

:arazz:

:rofl:

Rei was still one of the coolest characters in my book.The only thing he failed to do was to knock up Mamiya.

And as for Raoh fucking him up with a cape and finger,Raoh fucks alot of people up in the in the series since he is basically god like.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • DeanstaDeansta Joined: Posts: 492
    You've gotten to used to those cruddy sticks at AI. Time to break in your stick. Give it a couple of days and you'll do Rei's mighty combo's in no time.
    hehe your probably right ;)
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,120
    Where else is that fan made dvd avaialable for download, that zero-unit site is dead.

• deadly_magnetodeadly_magneto Underground King Joined: Posts: 389
    One noticable thing with Juda is when I do a close corner C into a dp+A after the CD attack, it connects, but in the PS2 version the dp+A doesn't connect anymore ( the character goes off screen):arazz:

So is this a sort of updated version of HnK?

yea they made his 623A faster. this is what pissed me off.
    A man distracted is a man defeated.
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,585
    It's all about Rei, Dip-set ByrdGang.
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
  • Hydra632Hydra632 Joined: Posts: 464
    NCSX shipped my copy today, not sure if they had enough to fill all pre-orders though.
    Real talk no Ssf4 but pizza was good mad hardbody Im getting a little salty pizzas too clutch
    Is toki crouch lk supposed to launch the enemy?
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    its funny to me that folks are complaining about bugs being actually fixed.
    i thought that wuz supposed to be a good thing:wonder:
    NCSX shipped my copy today, not sure if they had enough to fill all pre-orders though.

They mentioned on their site that they only got a partial shipment, with the rest arriving on Friday. Luckily for me, I placed my pre-order months ago, so mine was shipped out today too :lovin:
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,585
    The bugs actually made the game more fun, but I'm not complaining.
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
    yea they made his 623A faster. this is what pissed me off.

GodDamnit, and I use his slow 623A all the time for CD corner combos:arazz:

Upon practicing Raoh's Sai connector, I've noticed something that might help people connect it easier.

Instead of rapidly pressing A after the Sai (you are going to have to anyways), look at your opponent's animation immediately after the Sai hit.

I practiced against Rei, and when I see him move slightly back after the Sai hit, I immediately press A and it connects. I'm sure you have to hit A that split second the opponent goes through a quick hit animation:tup:
  • Fasty McNastyFasty McNasty YOU ARE SHOCK! Joined: Posts: 725
    It does seem like the game got nerfed pretty hard.Basically they had us waiting this long for History Mode,and the extra DVD,while taking out fun elements of the game like the Rei glitch,among other things that haven't been discovered yet.

What's History Mode?
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
    What's History Mode?

Basically you get to play out a bunch of battles from the show and you get to pick who you want to fight.I don't really know too much about it yet,since everything in the History Mode "gallery"is in Japanese.

I think there might be stipulations for some battles such as that you may only be able to complete the mission by Fatal KO'ing the enemy,and there may be others.
    XI:
    GodDamnit, and I use his slow 623A all the time for CD corner combos:arazz:

Upon practicing Raoh's Sai connector, I've noticed something that might help people connect it easier.

Instead of rapidly pressing A after the Sai (you are going to have to anyways), look at your opponent's animation immediately after the Sai hit.

I practiced against Rei, and when I see him move slightly back after the Sai hit, I immediately press A and it connects. I'm sure you have to hit A that split second the opponent goes through a quick hit animation:tup:

thanks, im going to experiment with it later:wink:
  • tianyuantianyuan I will be back... Joined: Posts: 574
    He's too fat,and plus it doesn't feel right using a character that was cannon fodder(For what it is worth,he was the first enemy to give Kenshiro trouble,but it wasn't for long).

He is fat enough to have two of em get into SBO top 8. No Rei, no Shin, but two Mr.Heart??? Yeah that's cannon fodder...
    So, I didn't quite see this answered(maybe I just missed it), but on top of the "fixed" mode, is the broken mode included or not?

Also, no Jagi love! I can't wait to play him.
    So, I didn't quite see this answered(maybe I just missed it), but on top of the "fixed" mode, is the broken mode included or not?

Also, no Jagi love! I can't wait to play him.

It's still too early to see if they included the broken mode, that would be great though!
  • tianyuantianyuan I will be back... Joined: Posts: 574
    Jagi is actually the only one from hnk got into top 20 in Arcadia's most popular character of 2006. You have to call him Lord Jagi now, lol!
  • 46494649 Certainly, they existed. Joined: Posts: 1,301
    so have the transcripts for the combo DVD been posted yet and/or translated? i'd love to use them to practice.
    http://youtube.com/user/xiaoyuryu

not part of the scene.
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Time for a new thread no?
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
    I agree on the new topic idea.I reserve that honor to Pharoan,Tianyuan,ArcadeFire,or anybody else has has played this game at the Arcade.

It's time to get down to business(As Sol Badguy would say).

Anyway,I can't wait until my stick arrives.My thumb is getting torn up from making all of these motions on the Ps2 pad.
    XI:
    Oh yeah!!!

It does work on HD loader:wink:
  • ZakutaZakuta Still An Angel Joined: Posts: 801
    Hey, me and Master Chibi can share Mamiya stuff now! ^___^
    7 5 0: "The game is seriously flawed in the audio. See for yourself" http://izanamitrap.wordpress.com
    I need some Toki help right away.

It's not easy using this sickly fellow.
    XI:
  • oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 601
    I need some Toki help right away.

It's not easy using this sickly fellow.

I consider this one of this harder BnBs but damn is it so pliable. Midscreen or corner. I have problems doing this on Raoh for some reason.

2D, 623B, 2C, AC, climbing j.C, j.236A, 2C, AC, climbing j.A, j.236C (2 hits), j.236A, land, 2A, 2C (2 hits), 236236C.

Got it all?

2C, 2D is a good launcher, so is 2A, 2D. Anything that launches, you can teleport cancel out of it and do crazy shit.
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
    I consider this one of this harder BnBs but damn is it so pliable. Midscreen or corner. I have problems doing this on Raoh for some reason.

2D, 623B, 2C, AC, climbing j.C, j.236A, 2C, AC, climbing j.A, j.236C (2 hits), j.236A, land, 2A, 2C (2 hits), 236236C.

Got it all?

2C, 2D is a good launcher, so is 2A, 2D. Anything that launches, you can teleport cancel out of it and do crazy shit.

Thanks for the tips.

I will practice it.
    XI:
    BTW.It's time for the new topic,since we are getting into strategy discussion,so come on peeps :wgrin:
    XI:
  • kenryuakumakenryuakuma God of Fighting Game Joined: Posts: 113
    Could someone upload the first half of part 2...cuz it is said that the server is closed... What I can say is the link of the first half is dead. Please upload it via megaupload or other upload website...I greatly appreciate it.
    hifuckyouguy
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    I need some Shin and Kenshiro combos. :|
    This is the Juda CD combo I always used in the Arcade

Total Stars taken = 4
    CD attack, Close (corner) C, 623+A, jump dash fwd B, A, (land) AB, jump then 2+A immediately, 236x2 C, standing A -- (let the tidal wave hit after that), AB.

But since they altered Juda's 623+A ( it's faster and reaches farther) in the PS2 version, now I have to use a Close C, D, 623+A.

But even that doesn't guarantee a successful chain after that:arazz:

Does anybody know what other stuff did they changed on the PS2 HnK?

I didn't mind them taking out bugs and glitches, but they shouldn't have tampered with the rest of the game:annoy:

Not a critical change, but Kenoh's Super Beam does faster hits, in the arcade version it's slower on hits.
    its funny to me that folks are complaining about bugs being actually fixed.
    i thought that wuz supposed to be a good thing:wonder:

me too! i think fixing these bugs are great!!
    fixing the bugs is all fine and dandy if they plan on fixing the arcade versions bugs but if they dont then your playing a inacurate version.
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    BTW.It's time for the new topic,since we are getting into strategy discussion,so come on peeps :wgrin:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=3766152

You know you could made it yourself, but I did it for you...just for you...baby. ;)

You know what's so sad? The second thread had a typo in the title all along. I wonder if anyone just noticed that just like I did.

Good thing to know that this game works with a HD Loader. What else I'd like to know is, does this game work with Magic Swap? Let me now and I'll add it to the FAQ.

I don't know if it just me or Youtube's sound quality is sucking from all of the HnK console videos I've saw, but the sound is really bad.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    anybody know which character is better for noobs like me??

i just started playing 5 minutes ago= = ..... :looney:
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    dude, i think if possible you should make it a specific PS2 thread and also can you update the first post with reported changes? To be honest that's one of the main things I want if there's a new thread. There's already been 2 about the arcade version.

Can some knowledgeable fellow tell me exactly how hearts corner grab inf works and if it has made it into the PS2 version?
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    dude, i think if possible you should make it a specific PS2 thread and also can you update the first post with reported changes? To be honest that's one of the main things I want if there's a new thread. There's already been 2 about the arcade version.

Can some knowledgeable fellow tell me exactly how hearts corner grab inf works and if it has made it into the PS2 version?

I pretty much made a new thread so info wouldn't be cluttered for the new players, or just anyone that wanted to get access to information quick. The first arcade thread I think is pretty a moot point since a lot of it was about people's anticipation of the game, and a lot about the game has changed since it the time the thread was made/ended. No doubt the second thread is a much better reference for the arcade version.

Also, I think it's kinda early to warrant separate thread for PS2 version. The game just came out, so we don't know how different it is from the arcade version yet. When the time comes, I think the best solution would to be make a dedicated post for the differences, or just put it on the wiki. If you think I'm wrong or have better ideas, I'm all ears.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    So I just got the game!

I think he means because of the clutter, not because of the material...

So I've got the first part of Rei's B&B down, but how do I continue?

c.lk, c.lk, c.hk (sjc/iad) j.hp, s.hp, dp + lp x hcf + hp ?????
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    Just wanted to say that I downloaded this game through a torrent site, burned it to dvd, and it works great on my PS2 with swap magic. I would assume that the original import version would work with swap magic. I've only tried one original import (Rez) on my system, and unfortunately it didn't work, so I copied it to my hard drive, burned it, and it worked perfectly. This is likely just a problem with my system or my copy of swap magic, although I have no idea what it would be. Anyway, the game itself although obviously broken as shit, is still fun as hell.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    cheers for the sai loop vid, i see where i was going wrong i was tryingTo just repeat the jumping P into air sai, i got quite a lot to learn, definently an interesting game
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • MiyagiShin XMiyagiShin X Going Hard at UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 1,002

Got it all?

O thanks man i will practice those tonight
    Challenge me on PSN MiyagiShin:nunchuck:
  • Hydra632Hydra632 Joined: Posts: 464
    Well I got my copy of the game in today. It seems that the bonus disc is nothing more than a Region 2 dvd. Are the bonus games on the main disc? If not it must just be a history of the games and not the actual games themselves.
    Real talk no Ssf4 but pizza was good mad hardbody Im getting a little salty pizzas too clutch
  • Shotokan SymphonyShotokan Symphony FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX Joined: Posts: 1,703
    That'll be lame. I hope they're unlockable. :[
    "Though diminished by jets and telephones, each day the world grows conceptually larger. As a focal point, this big world demands a big house, with big people to fill it. When politicians and movie stars prove inadequate, only gods remain." - MiracleMan #12