The New Fist of the Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Well I got my copy of the game in today. It seems that the bonus disc is nothing more than a Region 2 dvd. Are the bonus games on the main disc? If not it must just be a history of the games and not the actual games themselves.

Well that was kinda dissapointing and a load off from missing out on past games!
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 461
    anybody know which character is better for noobs like me??

i just started playing 5 minutes ago= = ..... :looney:

seconded. i only tried kenshiro and he seems cool. Need his combos please somebody.
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Can some knowledgeable fellow tell me exactly how hearts corner grab inf works and if it has made it into the PS2 version?

Nonoho wrote something about it a long time ago. Hopefully this will help you:

http://dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35071&postcount=1
    Just wanted to say that I downloaded this game through a torrent site, burned it to dvd, and it works great on my PS2 with swap magic. I would assume that the original import version would work with swap magic. I've only tried one original import (Rez) on my system, and unfortunately it didn't work, so I copied it to my hard drive, burned it, and it worked perfectly. This is likely just a problem with my system or my copy of swap magic, although I have no idea what it would be. Anyway, the game itself although obviously broken as shit, is still fun as hell.

Hey, thanks a lot for the answer.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Oh my gawd how do you cancel far hk into banshing strike(the shit that knocks niggas agains the wall).
  • tianyuantianyuan I will be back... Joined: Posts: 574
    which character???
  • ArsenalArsenal Not even close Joined: Posts: 4,195
    Why are there two active FotNS threads? Close one down or merge them. Disjointed information from a forum is bad enough without having to search throught two threads about the same thing.
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    Why are there two active FotNS threads? Close one down or merge them. Disjointed information from a forum is bad enough without having to search throught two threads about the same thing.
    This thread has derailed many times, whether it be about anime, torrents or what not. We're trying to encourage people to move to the other thread when concerning the PS2 version so sifting through 54 pages isn't necisary.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • Shotokan SymphonyShotokan Symphony FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX Joined: Posts: 1,703
    which character???

I'd like to know how to do it with Raoh. I forgot. :[
    "Though diminished by jets and telephones, each day the world grows conceptually larger. As a focal point, this big world demands a big house, with big people to fill it. When politicians and movie stars prove inadequate, only gods remain." - MiracleMan #12
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860
    With raoh there is a few ways to do it.

The way that i find the easiest and works on most (all) characters, is I do, cr.a, cr.b,far D, kara cr.d into cd.

This takes advantage of the fist cancel glitch where you can kara the chains before they come out into cd. yay.

oh the way I found the easiest to do it, is just do the the start then move the stick to down foward and mash cd, I get it pretty much everytime. Now I just gotta get down the combos that come after it.
    <<>>
    lol, i knew i forgot something. thanks, kabuki.
    "Though diminished by jets and telephones, each day the world grows conceptually larger. As a focal point, this big world demands a big house, with big people to fill it. When politicians and movie stars prove inadequate, only gods remain." - MiracleMan #12
    Omg, I really want to play this game!

Is this going to be on Xbox360 at least? It really sux since my PS2 is now broken.
    .no.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,632
    bah i like rei so much but his combos are so hard :,(
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    I know this probably ain't the place to ask but I'm pretty frustrated right now... Anyway.

I downloaded Fist of the North Star but I cant get it to run on SwapMagic. It just stays on a black screen, its kinda annoying... I downloaded this thing like two days ago and wasted 3 DVDR's already =/ My friend uses "Sonic" (name of his burning program) and I'm trying to download it off of his comp.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the torrent I got is BS. I downloaded a PS2 emulator and tried to load the ISO up on that and it gave me the same black screen =/

First time I downloaded this shit I got some dumb ass beat um up remake of Hokuto No Ken too, so I might just end up giving up right now.
  • JonnyQuestJonnyQuest burst off in yo mouf Joined: Posts: 1,391
    ^you might wanna edit some more of that before you get banned, i'm not threatening, i'm not a mod. i'm just looking out. :wgrin:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gC3CWXxJyGI&mode=related&search=

can someone please tell me the input of what kenshiro is doing that takes off 4 NS blocks?
    Meh, I dont really care much, I dont post here often anyways. I lurk this place often though I haven't even logged on to this site in month before today. Oh wells... but maybe your or someone could help a brother out through PM? <.<
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
    ^you might wanna edit some more of that before you get banned, i'm not threatening, i'm not a mod. i'm just looking out. :wgrin:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gC3CWXxJyGI&mode=related&search=

can someone please tell me the input of what kenshiro is doing that takes off 4 NS blocks?

That combo removes 3 stars and not 4.
    236C : 1 star
    CD : 1 star
    623A : 1 star
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    Nonoho wrote something about it a long time ago. Hopefully this will help you:

http://dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35071&postcount=1

thanks a lot dude, didn't realise anyone had responded to my post. That FAQ is really useful, I just wonder if any of the stuff still apllies in the PS2 version. Oh yeah, and I discovered that the multiple corner hug does still work against raoh (think someone might have mentioned it before) but I don't know about any other characters.
  • JonnyQuestJonnyQuest burst off in yo mouf Joined: Posts: 1,391
    That combo removes 3 stars and not 4.
    236C : 1 star
    CD : 1 star
    623A : 1 star

thanks but....
    236C, CD, 623A? i don't understand the coding, sorry. could you explain what the number and letter mapping all stands for. thanks, again..
    Errrrr

You MIGHT wanna edit your post.... like either that or delete it lol:wink:
  • Spider-DanSpider-Dan Joined: Posts: 1,003
    So now that the PS2 port has been out for a while... has anyone else done a proper rip of the BGM yet? (from the sound test mode, if there is one)

The arcade rip that's been floating around the net, while significantly better than nothing, leaves a lot to be desired in terms of sound quality.
    I May Be Wrong, but I Doubt It
  • MiyagiShin XMiyagiShin X Going Hard at UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Someone did a rip on shadow haxor but it did not go through...

Otherwise i found one that is not complete but has all the main stages themes
    I had to listen to Raoh's song man!
    Challenge me on PSN MiyagiShin:nunchuck:
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    Oh my gawd how do you cancel far hk into banshing strike(the shit that knocks niggas agains the wall).
    It involves a kara type technique that preserves boost meter. You want to hit far D, as soon as it connects, press boot and instantly banishing strike. If done right you can auto boost afterwards and only use up one bar.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    That's not really how it's only done. You'd see the boost animation if that happened all the time.

It's simply like fortress defense cancelling from GGX: Do an attack that can be cancelled into a trip(in this case, st.HK cancels into cr.HK), then cancel the trip animation with a banishing strike.

In numpad terms:
    5D > 2CD~CD
  • Fasty McNastyFasty McNasty YOU ARE SHOCK! Joined: Posts: 725
    How many hits of super armor does Heart's BD grab have?
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
  • oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 600
    So now that the PS2 port has been out for a while... has anyone else done a proper rip of the BGM yet? (from the sound test mode, if there is one)

The arcade rip that's been floating around the net, while significantly better than nothing, leaves a lot to be desired in terms of sound quality.

Oh man, I was gonna partake in this but I have found no closure on established "techniques" on how to do so. I will eventually figure something out; in other words, it's hard. :sweat:

Heart's BD grab can take one hit I believe.
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
    LET IT DIEEEEEEE!

Use the new thread instead:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=128876
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,042
    RISE FROM YOUR GWAVE

Is there where I can ask about Raoh combos?

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,215
    edited April 25
    Arc System Works! Please bring this arcade game to PS4 internationally!! Like cmon! well at least bring it Japan PS4, I would get online psn cards for it.

you know if there's one game XSEED should localize, it's this game. I'm sure it would sell more than School Girl Zombie Hunter

SNK is bringing neo geo games to PS4, ASW should bring this rare arcade masterpiece to PS4

we should start a petition and shower their twitter, email and facebook for it

FIGHTING VIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!