The Sanwa and Seimitsu FAQ

1293031323335»

Comments

• jeffrey caldwelljeffrey caldwell Joined: Posts: 38
    thank you! this makes me look like i dont know how to use search cuz i couldnt find this anywhere haha.
  • FoulfellowFoulfellow Joined: Posts: 22
    thank you! this makes me look like i dont know how to use search cuz i couldnt find this anywhere haha.

http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/products/Qanba-Shaft-Guard-And-Dust-Covers-For-Sanwa-Denshi-JLF-Series-Joysticks.html
    There are also these Qanba sets, the dust cover's texture is closer to the original jlf covers compared to the Madcatz arrow covers.
    T.S.P.
  • FoulfellowFoulfellow Joined: Posts: 22
    Standard Sanwa Button Microswitch, which is the SW-68, only go into the 24mm Seimitsu Buttons.
    And only the special 30mm Seimitsu Buttons; PS-14-K, PS-15, PS-14-P.

Sanwa RS-SG Microswitch, which are from the heavy-duty RG Buttons, can go into 30mm Seimitsu Buttons.
    But they will not be perfect.

Fits, but the Microswitch Actuator does not match the Plunger Slot.

So are the OBSF/OBSN-24's plungers compatible with the PS-14-DN 24's base?
    T.S.P.
  • rycexboirycexboi Joined: Posts: 56
    I'm planning to replace the parts in my TE stick and I'm wondering if its better to replace the whole joystick or just the pcb, would other part of the joystick get worn out other then the pcb?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,420
    Can't seem to find a list anywhere, so I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had the info handy.

If my memory serves me right, I remember reading in some thread or other that sometimes either Sanwa or Seimitsu's ball tops in a specific color won't match their own buttons in that same color; and in some cases will match the OTHER company's components.

Is there a list of
    a) the color combinations that do not match with a given company's ball tops+buttons?
    b) the color-combinations cross-company that actually match?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Gen-AnGen-An 何で彼女出来ない? Joined: Posts: 616
    Does anyone have info on the new Seimitsu LS-58-01? It's based on the 56-01, so I am hoping it'll drop right into a TE...

I think it's supposed to have a softer spring than the LS-56.
    Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
  • SkywalkinSkywalkin Shoosh! Joined: Posts: 171
    Just modded my JLF with a ls-55 spring but the E Clip (?) Is pretty messed up and works itself loose after a while, so it needs replacing. Based in the UK so no Home Depot and I'm unsure of where to get a E-clip/C-clip and I've checked the Home Base and B&Q websites respectively and got nada - any ideas?

Googled around a bit an couldnt find the actual size for the clip either, anyone know? Lol, I did find a lot of posts from people who are having trouble getting those damn clips off tho, there must be a tool or something?
  • UNW4NT3DUNW4NT3D Joined: Posts: 417
    give gremlin solutions a call, they're usually happy to sell parts of parts seperately. I bought a bunch of sanwa switches with no buttons and seimitsu dust washers with no sticks.
  • BIGBAGGABIGBAGGA Joined: Posts: 286
    Is it possible ti fit a sanwa shaft cover onto a ls-32 ? Or a suggestion of a cover that I could buy, the seimitsu ones on aki dont list the ls-32 for compatibility
    Beware of the invasion of the flowchart street fighters! Its not just ken anymore
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
  • pablofsipablofsi Joined: Posts: 124
    I got Sanwa sticks some time ago and noticed that the engage distance is rather uncomfortable, if I compare it with the Happ one I feel the Happ has this one right and it is the only drawback Sanwa sticks have. It's killing me to do fwd fwd or back back because I feel it takes too much time, time it shouldn't take and isn't ideal, and it affects performance in all games where you dash/run, my question is, ¿is there a solution to modify this engage distance Sanwa sticks bring?, please if you think "engage distance is fine" don't comment please, only people that want to talk about a solution.
  • kowalkowal smell like Sanwa Joined: Posts: 400
    slows down come from pivot bearing
    Luftwaffe use only Suzo
    slows down come from pivot bearing
    ¿Is there anyway to solve that?
  • Rusty SawbladeRusty Sawblade Joined: Posts: 53
    I'm looking to put a new spring in my LS-32 to make it more resistant. Which springs fit in LS-32?
  • KamiKKaziKamiKKazi Nice Guy Joined: Posts: 283
    Which Seimitsu buttons are flat?
  • kowalkowal smell like Sanwa Joined: Posts: 400
    ¿Is there anyway to solve that?
    not
    buy LS33 or LS55
    Luftwaffe use only Suzo
    I'm not looking forward to trade the benefits and cons of one stick for another one just to solve this, I want a solution or mod if there is to solve a big problem in an otherwise perfect stick that has the best sensitivity.
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    I'm not looking forward to trade the benefits and cons of one stick for another one just to solve this, I want a solution or mod if there is to solve a big problem in an otherwise perfect stick that has the best sensitivity.
    Have you already tried this? The electrical tape seems to be what you are looking for.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,943
    Which Seimitsu buttons are flat?

PS-14-G

Snap-ins only.
    Have you already tried this? The electrical tape seems to be what you are looking for.
    Yeah that will probably be the only solution. These japs should take into account this for their new silent models, and it'd be the perfect, perfect stick. This is a very important detail..

Question, ¿is the spring part necessary to solve this?, ¿doesn't it just work to increase tension?. ¿Which one of these three procedures should I do? (I assume the most important one is the microswitches thing).
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Question, ¿is the spring part necessary to solve this?, ¿doesn't it just work to increase tension?. ¿Which one of these three procedures should I do? (I assume the most important one is the microswitches thing).

The electrical tape on the actuator will decrease the distance required to trigger the microswitches. If you keep layering the tape on, you can control how far the actuator has to move in order to trigger a direction. The spring is just necessary for added tension and it will cause the stick to return faster to center.

Even though you said you don't want to get another stick, I am still going to recommend a Seimitsu LS-56. If you think the JLF is too loose or slow, the LS-56 might be perfect for you.
    Thanks, you cleared it all up.
  • howard.roarkhoward.roark Joined: Posts: 7
    I have a jlf stick made by Finkle that scrapes the bottom removeable metal layer only recently. i disassembled the stick and tightened the mounting screws at the top. it seems like if i have it laying flat it doesnt scrape. when i play i have it on my lap at a very slight angle and applying pressure to the bottom from my thighs.

is there a way to raise it the shaft/ stick portion to prevent the scraping?

heres some pictures to exemplify the problem. i tried flipping the metal around and it scraped on both sides.

http://imgur.com/a/Jv8U6#0

thanks
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
    Oh, hi Jonathan.
    I remember your Finkle. :wgrin:

I have the PlayStation 2 RJ45 for you.

You can grind the end of JLF Shaft if you want.
    That should give a little clearance.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • TapperPTapperP Joined: Posts: 86
    Wow, great thread! I learned a lot.
  • xb74xb74 Joined: Posts: 5
    Ok,

I am attempting to find out exactly how to recreate the throw and feel of the (original) Neo Geo AES stick on a QANBA.

After a lot of digging I was lead to this - http://nfgworld.com/mb/thread/580

Tbh, this stuff is over my head mostly. Someone described it to me as I need an LS-32 stick with an LS-30 footprint(?).

As I understand it there are a few types of LS-32 with differing characteristics?

Can somebody please break it down for me: exactly what parts (in detail) do I need?

Can it be done by a tech only or anybody (I understand the QANBA to be very easy to mod).
    An LS-32 is NOTHING like a stock AES joystick in terms of feel or design.

There is only one type of LS-32 which is available in two forms - without a PCB or with a PCB. They function exactly the same. The mounting plate can also differ (SS plate usually comes with the LS-32-01 models, RE plate usually comes with the LS-32).

You'd have better luck finding one of those older arcade sticks listed in your link and transplanting the joystick into whatever you want. To do this you will need a good level of modding experience.
  • xb74xb74 Joined: Posts: 5
    My modding experience: zero. My tech ability: close to zero.

In your opinion, Bang for buck, what would be the closest way to recreate the AES throw with off the shelf Seimitsu parts currently available now?
    Honestly I have no idea.

Perhaps something LS-33 related...
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,556
    Are the OBSF and OBSFS buttons interchangable?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
  • Fatso666Fatso666 Joined: Posts: 15
    I'm looking to recess out my MDF ready for buttons but I can't seem to find a consistent answer to what the maximum thickness the sanwa screw in buttons support. Some say 10mm others say 8mm for both the 30mm and 24mm buttons, but what is the actual figure?
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 138
    Just want to give a heads up for those considering getting the Metallic Sanwa Buttons. It seems the tabs are very brittle.

gwKqsARl.jpg

I'm wondering if they used a different kind of plastic for the Metallic series.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 369
    @pablofsi The term "japs" is offensive. But to shorten the throw you can get a larger actuator and stiffer spring for the JLF. Also I think the phreakmods JLF "The Link" is a shorter shaft then the standard JLF shaft which would help also....
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,610
    Obligatory Post
    kqZ8yeU.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 60
    I have a sanwa JLF-TP-8YT for me the dead zone is too big. What is it better to put and oversize 1mm kowal or Change the Spring for 2LB for sanwa or any Spring or Seimitsu.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,470
    A spring wouldn't decrease the deadzone. A bigger actuator will.
    A different Spring will only change how much force you need to move that lever around.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 527
    What's the difference in resistance between the 32 and 38 spring?
    DEZALB wrote: »
    What's the difference in resistance between the 32 and 38 spring?

If you are looking for a measurement for me to quote, I have none.
    I have only anecdotal findings.

I find the LS-38 spring is a bit stronger/tighter than the LS-32 spring.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,343
    More than a bit tighter. 38 is stiff af.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 527
    I was trying to figure compared to the jlf 2lb and 4lb spring
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Macho Madness Joined: Posts: 896
    DEZALB wrote: »
    I was trying to figure compared to the jlf 2lb and 4lb spring

In my opinion the ls-32 to ls-38 difference is nowhere near as big as going from a 2lb to a 4lb jlf spring. The closest thing I can think of to compare the jlf springs to is going from an il-euro to a p360.
    ABACABB.
    edited April 17
    I have sanwa Jlf with mod 1mm actuactor PAS and Ultralight switches 15g force.
    Seimitsu LS-56-01 have less engage and short throw that Sanwa JLF with actuactor 1mm? Is better sensitive than Sanwa JLF and accurate?
    Post edited by unaigalder on
    I have sanwa Jlf with mod 1mm actuactor PAS and Ultralight switches 15g force.
    Seimitsu LS-56-01 have less engage and short throw that Sanwa JLF with actuactor 1mm? Is better sensitive than Sanwa JLF and accurate?
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,370
    Haven't used that actuator, but I can tell you that the 56 is going to feel different than a JLF with any size actuator. If you're curious, try one.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.