EF-12: Your polygon MUGEN dreams comes true

Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!!Joined: Posts: 1,134
http://www.playism.jp/games/ef12/

Don't know why nobody posted this before, it was released like a week ago and has already an overseas community: EF-12, a new fighting game engine but with polygons/3D.

Trailer:

Looks pretty solid, if someone wants to give it a try...
Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    edited September 2013
    It's pay what you want. So donate if you have the cash. DONATE.
    And yes those initials on the test characters name what they're based on.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

I need to setup a better control layout. I might of found an infinite with VF-Kurama.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    Fuck I was gonna post this... lol but anyway, I feel like this has lots of potential. I can see this being a Mugen killer. A 3D mugen without all the bullshit (so far)? Sign me up.
    To help with configuring your pad or stick

VF
    G = 3
    P = 1
    K = 2

TK
    LP = 3
    RP = 4
    LK = 1
    RK = 2

SF
    LP = 3
    MP = 4
    HP = 5
    LK = 1
    MK = 2
    HK = 6

• Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2013
    I haven't tried MUGEN, but isn't it just a fighting engine with an expandable, user-made roster? If so, I'd rather see this new engine used for a smaller fighter developed and sustained by a team with a specific vision, and good online play as a standard. I'm all for homebrew fighters, but only if they are consistent and strive to be a serious fighter, not a just novelty.
    Post edited by Evolution169 on
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    So can it be used to do 2.5D (like SFIV, MvC3, GGXrd)? Or is it 3D only?
    d3v wrote: »
    So can it be used to do 2.5D (like SFIV, MvC3, GGXrd)? Or is it 3D only?

AH character 2d movement behaves more like SFEX. I haven't edited characters yet.

• ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    I haven't tried MUGEN, but isn't it just a fighting engine with an expandable, user-made roster?

Not quite. While it is most commonly used as a fighting engine, many other types of games can be made with the software.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,081
    omg.

Battle Arena Toshinden
    Tobal no. 2
    Street Fighter EX + Alpha
    Fighting Vipers

Rip them shits my nigga.
  • Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 690
    I don't game on my PC, but this looks cool and interesting.

Thanks Onogu for your contribution. :)
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    Well I must be dumb because I can't seem to configure my controller at all. Tried editing the .ini and it did absolutely nothing. Also, am I missing something or is there no training mode? I'm pretty terrible at figuring out how any character works when I'm being assaulted by the AI.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    onogu wrote: »
    Hi jedpossum!
    I'm owner EF-12.

> I might of found an infinite with VF-Kurama.

Report me!!
    It's a certain frame I haven't got the timing down but 623+P launches to the same height as before even if it's the second or third hit.

I'd like have a frame advance tool that I can actually control the frame advancing like in Yatagarsu, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure(CPS3), and many other fighters.

edited September 2013
    I noticed this while trying to break VF-Kurama some more if I do a cross under after a launcher and continue the combo. The push back stays the same direction aka go towards me instead of away.

As for the supposed infinite I can only combo the launcher itself 5 times at most maybe more if I can get the dash cancel down.
    Two ideas to fix it though.
    Leave it the same lower damage to 30.
    Increase damage to 50 and make it go away farther.
    Post edited by jedpossum on

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,380
    DO WANT
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • havokhoundhavokhound Joined: Posts: 85
    I might have to play with this for a bit. I've been wanting to try my hand at learning how the innards of a fighting game are made and such, and maybe do up one of my own!
    UMVC3: Hulk/Taskmaster/Iron Guy , Deadpool/Sent/Doom, Haggar/RR/Vergil
    SFxT: Gief/Yoshi ,Ogre/Akuma , Sagat/Jack
    TTT2: Jack/P Jack
    AE: Hakan, Akuma
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    8tROOXi.png
  • onoguonogu Joined: Posts: 39
    Ohhh...
    I can't make sure how to use [response] function...
    Anyway OK. check KURAMA's 623P out later.
    Thanks!
    edited October 2013
    Just to show I'm not practicing against a light weight character.
    Post edited by jedpossum on

• UX12UX12 Joined: Posts: 6
    This looks incredibly promising!
    And if you understand motion header file(in [mth] folder), you can find some new special move :)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    I found something new. Yes this is the patched version.

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,655
    Awesome stuff here. I can fiddle with this for a good while.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
    edited October 2013
    I think it's OK if the combination is too hard to hit and not instant kill.

note:
    1. EF-12 implement [ anti infinit aerial ]. over 10 hit combo is too difficult.
    2. All characters equip [ aerial reversal ] so you can't hit aerial absolutely.
     ※use power gauge 2 and L+R into air damage.
    3. Ringout rule will change further (lose -> restart)

But i think landing motion is too short(7f) so revise at least 10-12f.
    edited October 2013
    I thought the same to that the landing or pre jump could be increased.

Is this a true infinite? Or you've worked on ground teching yet?

edited October 2013
    Oh It's cheaty.... I'll revise ASAP. Thank you jedpossum !!

(down player can escape by 8 or 2 just landing frame but this situation clearly disadvantage I think)
    Update yNinja
    ・Jump landing freeze frame 7 -> 14
    ・Front rising kick also freeze frame increase.

http://l.bitcasa.com/B_iOt3fm

Try it and tell me opinion about it.

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is pretty cool. You think something like this could used to make a proper Dragon Ball game?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    foot dive or not playing :mad:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

edited October 2013
    yNinja Notes
    Spent a few mins with it I could only do a ring out combo on small stages (radius of 10). I say it's probably impossible to do on 20m stages I barely got close enough to do it on the old version. I can only combo into hop kick 3 times now even with a dash.

2+P+K is missing.

Here is some internal engine stuff I wouldn't mind seeing.

Frame Advance instead of 1FPS.
    I find it easier to set up the inputs then press a key to go to the next frame instead of waiting a second.

Auto get up or resets the position after a character lays so long in on knockdown.

Infinite stages aka not allowed in the sky box.

Frame Data display
    It can be as simple as showing numbers like in this Lua script. It doesn't have to be nice as VF5's.

HERX2yZ.png?1
    You don't even have to count all the extra stuff on that. Just from when the attack lands and till the attacker becomes neutral and subtract the frames when the defender becomes neutral.

• thetrinthetrin Joined: Posts: 2
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    foot dive or not playing :mad:

The great thing about EF-12 is that you could make your own foot-diving doctor!
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,529
    A Japanese developer communicating with us here.

Wish you'd work for Capcom Mister Onogu.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    edited October 2013

Someone said I had good execution on skype...

Edit I should note this is a small stage radius of 10.