FORMAT / RULES:
There are three 32-man bracket qualifying tournaments (three chances to qualify):
ROUND 1 – November 9, 2013 @ 1PM PST.
ROUND 2 – November 16, 2011 @ 1PM PST.
ROUND 3 – November 23, 2011 @ 1PM PST.
FINALS – November 23, 2011 – Immediately following the conclusion of Round 3.
- The winner of each tournament QUALIFIES for the FINALS on November 23, 2013.
- The winner of each tournament may not enter the following qualifying tournaments.
- To help keep pings as low as possible, we’re restricting it to players from North America only.
- We are also instituting a ping limit. For players outside the US, we will be testing pings before the start of the tournament. If the ping is over 150, we will have an alternate take your place. (Sorry!)
- All matches in the qualifying tournaments are 2 OUT OF 3 rounds and DOUBLE ELIMINATION
- WINNERS FINALS, LOSER FINALS, and GRAND FINALS are 3 OUT OF 5 ROUNDS.
- Akuma is banned. Zangief’s “magic grab” glitch is banned.
- Anyone who is caube using macros or turbos, will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED.
- Any excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a BAN. Keep it civilized, gentlemen!
- Any players absent after fifteen minutes of the start time, will be DISQUALIFIED and the first alternate will take his/her place.
- If two players cannot connect, they will have the option of playing on an alternative service (Supercade, etc.). If this is not an option, a coinflip will determine the winner.
- THREE MAN, RACE TO TEN FORMAT between the three finalists.
- The first two players will be chosen at random and they will play one game. WINNER STAYS. The third player plays the winner one game. Repeat. First player to TEN becomes the KING OF GGPO 2013 Champion!
- Matches will be streamed by Sergjiev (Arkadeum) @
for the world to see, SO BRING YOUR “A” GAME!