The NEW South Korea thread: Looking for Matches? Head to Cong, Anyday but Monday!

Comments

• HaruhiFTWHaruhiFTW Dinked like wow. Joined: Posts: 94
    xero15 wrote: »
    Why are you trying to merge accounts and why can't you just use the account you already have? That's what I'm doing on Xbox, only thing different I did was change the locale in settings

Because I can't pay for XBL if I have it set to USA region.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    Even through xbox.com? That's where I go to pay for everything when I run into those issues. Not sure if you tried that or not just trying to help
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,774
    That's Haruhi's snafu, he said his credit card expired, so even if it did work on Xbox.com, he couldn't because there's no credit card on file.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • scratchbackscratchback Joined: Posts: 1,042
    Went to Technomart today and it was actually a lot closer than I thought thx to MP's directions. About a 30 minute walk. Unfortunately the place was just dead and there was only a tiny little space that sold games, extremely disappointing. No PS3's at all but had 2 sticks. A Joytron and another Korean brand. Both pretty shitty compared to my MadCatz but got the Joytron for 36,000.

Now it's time to download AE for pc but does it matter where I get it from? Amazon or Steam or somewhere else? I don't even know anything about Steam so any help would be appreciated guys. I just hope the stick works and isn't a total piece of shit.
    Decided to get it on Steam with my credit card but couldn't purchase it. Tried multiple times but it wouldn't let me. I know it's because I'm in Korea and my billing address is in America. Waiting on a reply from support now. Can't believe it takes this much bullshit to simply play SF online here. Fuck I miss home.
    Went to Technomart today and it was actually a lot closer than I thought thx to MP's directions. About a 30 minute walk. Unfortunately the place was just dead and there was only a tiny little space that sold games, extremely disappointing. No PS3's at all but had 2 sticks. A Joytron and another Korean brand. Both pretty shitty compared to my MadCatz but got the Joytron for 36,000.

Now it's time to download AE for pc but does it matter where I get it from? Amazon or Steam or somewhere else? I don't even know anything about Steam so any help would be appreciated guys. I just hope the stick works and isn't a total piece of shit.

Depending on the Joytron, you can mod it. 36,000 isn't too bad for a Joytron. I think they accept Sanwa buttons. Granted, you'll have to adjust to the Korean sticks, but I'd get a Myoungshin from etokki and swap that in. Much better feel.

Depending on your mains, you won't feel too much of a strain adjusting though IMO. The one that'll get you for a bit is downbacking. First time I played in Korea, I was so fraudulent on that stick, nothing came out right, I was literally toning back my playstyle just because I couldn't execute for the first few hours. After a while, i was able to execute better.

I actually miss my K-stick.

I vote when you go back home for your sabbatical, bring back your PS3 and stick, for sure. It's hard, yes, but I think you can manage it.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Well decided to download the game from Amazon since Steam wouldn't let me after trying over and over again. Damn, this stick is a total piece of shit. When I first tried it I thought it was broken cause the joystick was so damn loose. Went into training mode and couldn't do dash 720's at all and struggled with certain combos that are normally second nature but it felt so good to just play the game again. Buttons are ass too but guess you get what you pay for so no surprises.

Guys, so now I have another issue. I need to open some ports on my router but I have no idea what type or brand I have. Tried to jump online for a quick game or two and it was just horrible. Couldn't get a single game from my region for some reason and every connection I did see was red. On the bottom of the router it says G-PON GNT-2000. I tried googling for any info and nothing. I hope I didn't go through all this to have my router screw me from playing online. Any help would be appreciated.

• HaruhiFTWHaruhiFTW Dinked like wow. Joined: Posts: 94
    Did you check out the joytron that I told you about on gmarket?
    If you bought the game for PC good luck... there isn't very much of an online community for this region on PC. Like a mentioned before best bet would have been to find an xbox.
    Go to BenchBee and check your internet connection. Also make sure that your region is set to Japan. If not try to log in into the router. Usually default address is something like 192.168.0.1
    Also you might want to try and find things around Korea you can enjoy like the other things I have mentioned. If you hate Korea just because you can't play SF then I don't know what to tell you... I mean I realize you mentioned other issues, but its hard for me to want to help out if you don't take any advice and then just sit and complain about Korea.
    Not to be harsh but...
    Bro, my situation here is pretty complicated. Never said I hated Korea just because I can't play SF, come on that's retarded. There have been many issues I've had here but there's no need to get into that stuff here. Yes, I checked out gmarket and a stick and a console is just not possible with my situation here so that's why I got the pc version, way cheaper overall. Of course I would've preferred an Xbox or Ps3 but it's just not possible now.

After hours and hours of trying to tweak the router I finally figured some stuff out. Been playing the game for a few days now and it was nearly impossible finding a green bar. All were red and saw only one Korean player and the connection was actually decent. Played him twice, won both and he proceeds to kick me every time after that. Reminded me of what happens back home on psn sadly. Funny you should mention changing my region to Japan. After a couple days of not being able to connect to anybody I just about gave up hope then I changed my region to Japan and all of a sudden it was a complete 180. Connections are better, way less lag, and more players to play. Even had a set with Ink7's Hawk last night. Seems that Korea has almost zero AE pc players.

• EraldoCoilEraldoCoil Hates Mexican food, is Mexican. Joined: Posts: 430
    Most Korean players play with the Japanese region set that's why there aren't many korean flags next to the players names.
    (El Rado) I'm Mike G.
    Fresno's best 3S player
    Yeah, I don't think in my time playing online, I've seen many other flags besides Japanese. I think on rare occasion I see Hong Kong flags, but pretty much everybody in the region changes their locale to Japan.
    Damn I've been lazy lately. Marvel anyone? Spidey needs work.
    Yeah, I don't think in my time playing online, I've seen many other flags besides Japanese. I think on rare occasion I see Hong Kong flags, but pretty much everybody in the region changes their locale to Japan.

Same here, all Japanese flags so far. Think I've seen one Korean and that's it. I've only been playing a few days now but the overall talent level is so much higher then back home on psn. Back home it was just random scrub after random scrub but here everyone seems solid or at least knows what they're doing. Even the weaker players don't do the stupid shit american players do back home. I don't know, it's just been my experience so far.
    Yeah, it's the same on Live in Asia too. You can mash your way into win, and can't assume everyone's doing the same scrub crap. I remember having to get more used to the footsies game than in America over here. Plus connections are better, so overall, online is a much better and more acceptable form of practice than in America.
  • Manny2DgodManny2Dgod Joined: Posts: 62
    Hello everyone. I will be at Kunsan AB in a few more days. Currently at LAX.

Anyone near or around that place right now? I mainly play AE but I'd love to know if there are any nearby arcades. I love music games.
    Something interesting happened a week or two ago. When I first got here and tried to watch tv I just found it unbearable. Obviously the language barrier sucks but the shows themselves were just horrible. Nothing but dramas, weird game shows, and worst of all that k-pop trash on every channel. So I almost never watch tv now when I'm n my room but a week or two ago I was just flipping channels hoping to find something and I stumbled across this American Idol type of show(which I can't stand either) and saw WeirdoNeo singing. I was like WTF! Had to look again to make sure it was him and it definitely was. Just thought that was pretty cool. Have no idea if he won or not cause I couldn't watch that crap but hope he did well.
    Well, arcade list on a website I visited said there was a SF4AE cabinet at Joy Plaza in Gunsan. Was incorrect but they had a bunch of music games. Not the particular ones I was good at but it was still fun to play!
    Ho snap, Xero, you just got a shoutout:

http://t.co/PNnRtX9ePv
    :lol: too cool.
  • chickenchicken Joined: Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i am down for marvel
    Remember the BEARcade 11/18/2005
    The worst part of playing online against all these Japanese players? I've gotten so many messages and I can't read Japanese. It really sucks that I can't reply back.
    :lol:

I always just let Google Translate fly on that. That's a bright side of being able to check your messages on PC on live. Even better, if you're beating them, imagine the salt flow when they realize they got bodied by a gaijin.

I always just let Google Translate fly on that. That's a bright side of being able to check your messages on PC on live. Even better, if you're beating them, imagine the salt flow when they realize they got bodied by a gaijin.
    I had messages like that when I was in Japan. It was funny when I translated them and replied, using Google of course. Insulting someone in their language through Google being formal as shit is hilarious :lol:
    I'll rape your mom and dad masu. Respect my authority kudosai.
    :rofl:
    I'm about to update the OP with directions to Cheonho arcade...it now has AE2012.
    Still need some Marvel up in this bitch :lol:
    If there was Marvel up in non-Japan Asia, I'd have incentive to learn to play. I'm so scrubby it's not even funny. I did manage to hit Swamp with the Rex0r once (Sentinel incoming Hard Drive -> Hard Drive -> Orb hyper) and got incredibly giddy.
    I swear I have all this tech with Spidey that I never get to practice :sad:
    Just wanna thank all the guys here that tried to help me out and answer any questions I had, especially MP. Back in the states now and don't know when I'm going back but it'll probably be sooner than later cause of work. All I know is 6 hours on a bus and 14 hours on a plane makes me never wanna go back ever again, damn it was beyond brutal today.
    Oh I have to update my games list. Put me down for Killer Instinct and SFIV:U when it comes out. Elena is looking MARVELOUS!!! Along with all my other characters of Chun li and Rose and just maybe Poison.
    SRK Tag: Manny2DGod/Megamanny
    Games Played: AE SSF2T/HDR
    PSN Username: MegamannyX
    XBL/GFWL: Megamanny

If you could please add me to that list.
    @xero15, do you have a XBL tag yet?

@Manny2Dgod got you
    Same as it was before. Zrodadon
    Same as it was before. Zrodadon

Oh okay, for some reason, I thought you only had PSN.
    No its that on xbox/xb1 and zrodadonjp on psn
    So I'm planning on going to CafeID and Con this weekend. No idea how to get there from Seoul from the bus station. Anyone possibly close that can meet up with me and guide me?
    It's a long weekend and I'm wanting to play Marvel :sad: why does no one play???? I'm not sure where CafeID is so yeah I wouldn't make for a good guide. Whatever happened to that Kakao group we had?
    edited November 2013
    It's a long weekend and I'm wanting to play Marvel :sad: why does no one play???? I'm not sure where CafeID is so yeah I wouldn't make for a good guide. Whatever happened to that Kakao group we had?

It's still there, but no one really talks in it.

Cong is super easy to get to. I don't know about ID though.

I was able to find ID at their old location, but it wasn't as straightforward as Cong. I couldn't find my bus back though, and wound up walking all the way to Shinchon station, which isn't a short trek, mind you.

ID shouldn't be too far from Guro Digital Complex station though, but the weird thing is the address they post up on Facebook does not fetch results on Naver maps. If I ever find it on there, I'll post up directions. Maybe when I come back I'll do a video on getting to ID.
    Post edited by Missing Person on
    Here you go guys, finally got you some directions to CafeId (This is coming from the Sadang/Gangnam/Jamsil direction on Line 2):

Take Line 2 to Sindaebang Station (신대방역). Exit through exit 2, cross the street (If you walked toward exit 1, you went the wrong way!), and turn right. Walk until you get to Sindaebang Station Bus Stop (신대방역), and take the 6516 bus. Ride it for 4 stops and get off at Doksan 3(sam)-dong Residential Center (독산3동주민센터 정류장). Double back from the bus stop, and turn left at your first street. On the corner you should turn at, there should be an L Mart (엘 마트). Walk another block. On the corner to your right, you should see building #14. Go down into the basement, and CafeId should be there. Attatched to the building will be a drycleaner (세탁).

I could probably get directions coming from Guro Digital complex, but strangely, this is coming from Miasamgeori on Line 4 and is asking me to transfer at Sadang instead of Dongdaemun History & Culture Park like I expect. I'll try forcing directions from Hongdae and see what it nets me.

I could also do pictures off of Naver Maps of every key point after you get out of Sindaebang Station in lieu of the video for now if it would help.
    edited November 2013
    Ok sweet, got it from Guro via Hongdae.

From Guro Digital Complex Station on Line 2:

Exit through exit 1. Go to the bus stop in the street's median (Should be called Guro Digital Complex Station Transfer Center 구로디지탈단지환승센터). Take the 5621 or the Geumcheon 06 bus one stop to Doksangogae (독산고개). Cross the street, walk left, then turn right at the first street you come to. Walk straight 3.5 blocks and turn right (You should know where to turn because it's the first street you'll come to where you can only walk right.) Walk for one block, and you should see the drycleaners on your left (세탁). Just beyond that, but attached to the same building you'll see the sign that labels that building as #14. Go down into the basement and you should be at CafeId.

Alternatively, Sindaebang is only one stop away from here on the subway, so you can go that one extra stop and take the bus the rest of the way from my directions above, or do this route).

I'll do a video of whichever way people think would be best to come for the majority, if there's clamoring for a way from the other direction, I'll do that too.
    edited November 2013
    Damn, OP is too big now. I should've gotten a placeholder post!

EDIT: LOL oh wait, I did!
    Im probably getting a room Saturday in Seoul. Preferably near Hongdae but I'm not picky. I still want to get some Marvel in this weekend
  • EraldoCoilEraldoCoil Hates Mexican food, is Mexican. Joined: Posts: 430
    ID is a bitch to get to....and not very good to go play if you want AE/Marvel....If you play KOF or Tekken that's the place.

I will probably be down to go to CONG this weekend though.
    (El Rado) I'm Mike G.
    Fresno's best 3S player
    Let me know so we can get that runback
    I'm ready to be back and get some games in.

Should have my stick fixed soon so I don't have to borrow them at Cong anymore. (Not that they aren't prepared for that :lol:)
  • MegamannyMegamanny Joined: Posts: 1,002
    My friends and I hit up cong and ID. We should have just stayed at cong for ae. mostly Tekken and kof here at ID

they still have bunks and let you stay the night which is why we came to ID
    edited November 2013
    Oh word?

Thanks for the tip, Manny, I'll change the OP to reflect that.

I know for sure they'll let you run one of the consoles as AE if you ask, but if there's no player base and it's just you and your friends, might as well hang out at home, right?

One thing that one of the players at Cong told me, and I'll tell you, is that if you double back like you're going to the subway, there is a Sauna near the subway that's pretty cheap to stay at overnight if you stay past the last train out.
  • MegamannyMegamanny Joined: Posts: 1,002
    We just decided to crash at ID. Going to stay here until the morning before we headout.

Also, change the ID section of the first post. The numbers are incorrect and it's 963-6 not 936-6.

We had a little trouble cause the information was wrong.