The NEW South Korea thread: Looking for Matches? Head to Cong, Anyday but Monday!

Comments

• xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,074
    I mostly play Marvel but I play sf4 from time to time and some sfxt
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oh wow, the 110A from itaewon goes right there.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Philly-onePhilly-one drakefang Joined: Posts: 1,025
    ArcadeStream Friday Night Weekly 20140509 result http://arcadestream.co.kr/?p=158
    ArcadeStream Friday Night Weekly 20140516 http://arcadestream.co.kr/?ai1ec_event=102&instance_id=630
    ArcadeStream Friday Night Weekly 20140523 tonight http://arcadestream.co.kr/?ai1ec_event=102&instance_id=631
  • mintcheeriosmintcheerios Joined: Posts: 24
    Thanks Philly-One, my friends and I had a great time at ArcadeStream. There's SF4, darts, and beer, can't beat that.
    Last Friday Night Weekly Result http://arcadestream.co.kr/?p=174
    Thanks Philly-One, my friends and I had a great time at ArcadeStream. There's SF4, darts, and beer, can't beat that.
    YW it'd be godlike once USF4 drops
    And hell you should start to come out to weeklies! you got skillz!

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,845
    I'll be out there for the weeklies when I get to Seoul this time.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    but when's Marvel?
    xero15 wrote: »
    but when's Marvel?
    are there players? If so I would throw one though haven't seen anyone playing ir even asking for mavel at ArcadeStream

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,845
    Philly, there's quite a bit of Marvel players here, and I think almost everyone in this thread plays to some extent, but has been heading to Cong because of tournaments.

I'd love to dance between venues for stuff. More opportunities to play = equal amount of love from me.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Philly, there's quite a bit of Marvel players here, and I think almost everyone in this thread plays to some extent, but has been heading to Cong because of tournaments.

I'd love to dance between venues for stuff. More opportunities to play = equal amount of love from me.

I know there are mvc players but haven't seen ones
    I know Xero, Mike, and nearly everybody in the Kakao play to some extent.
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    Guys, will we able to download Ultra Street Fighter IV via steam here and play it online?

I've recently learned there's an issue between steam and Korea, and I can't find Ultra to pre-order :-/
    Steam isn't getting Ultra until August.

Right now, only XBL and PSN has it.
    Korea still need mo marvel
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    Steam isn't getting Ultra until August.

Right now, only XBL and PSN has it.

Yeah but I thought I could pe order it.

Off topic but I've been trying to download football manager 14 too, but no luck...
    I'm not sure about the pre-order status on Steam. Not a clue there, I've just been concerned with getting it on XBL, which I've succeeded in.

Going to have gold on my live account tonight. Everybody that has Ultra on 360 get at me for some China<->Korea matches.

The connection isn't too bad, I've played a few matches from China to Korea. China<->Japan is far worse, depending on who I'm playing.
    You ain't ready lol
  • CarmenCarmen 三十六計,走為上策 Joined: Posts: 684
    edited June 2014
    So I have a 19 hour layover in Seoul as my flight stops there on Friday afternoon (2.30 pm to 10.00 the following day). Can anyone tell me how to get from the aeroport to Green arcade? How much is it by taxi? Also is there any problem with US passport holders leaving the aeroport without a visa (as you can see this is my first time doing this)? Any help would be muchos appreciated!
    "老外的LEI很烦人"
    "yea get rid of that tekken three habit of using lei"

"还是换人吧"

"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"

Greenland arcade is pretty far if I remember right. Greenland is closer to me and I'm about an hour and a half away by bus.
    You can get to Green Arcade from the Airport train (Not the express train), get off at Hongik University, then transfer to line 2 going towards Daerim station.

Get off at Daerim, and follow the video in the OP for Green Arcade.
  • BeeftimeBeeftime Joined: Posts: 4
    Been in Korea for a bit, but moved up to Seoul a few months ago. I haven't played SF4 in almost two years but decided to dust off my Chun for Ultra. Holy shit is this game hard when all of your muscle memory is gone.

I used to host some small-scale stuff back in Chicago before I moved here, and I am way into social FGs, so I'm going to try my best to hit some of the weeklies. I live about a 15 minute walk away from the Cheonho arcade (my apartment is right by Gangdong station on line 5) so if anyone wants to meet there for a few sets definitely hit me up whenever. The latest I work is 9.
    Although it might take a few weeks for me to get my play back to a point where I don't actively hate myself after the match. Last night on Steam was a struggle.

SRK Tag: Beeftime
    Games Played: SSF4AE2012
    SteamID: Beeftime
    KakaoTalk ID: jarena3
    doggles brand doggles
  • njck cannonnjck cannon Joined: Posts: 34
    Address: 서대문구 연희동 89-9, Seoul, Korea 120-110 (Be sure to use a Korean map service such as Daum or Naver)

Closest station: Hongik University (Hongdae Station)

Use Exit 4 out of Hongik University station. Turn to face the road and make a right toward the three-way intersection. After the bend of the intersection, you'll cross the street. Make a right when you cross the street and the bus stop is directly in front of a GS 25.
    A map from Exit 4 to the bus stop:
    OqQcLUc.png

Take any of the following buses for three stops to Yeonhui Samgeori (연희3거리)
    110A
    The bus trip:
    Pw6HQEg.png

Get off the bus at Yeonhui Samgeori (연희3거리) and make a left to continue in the same direction. Cross at the intersection and ArcadeStream is a on your right. Highlighted on the map with a purple heart, you'll find ArcadeStream.
    6axlEnt.jpg

I apologize for the poor wording of these directions but I feel the screenshots make up for it. Here's the entrance: 233tK1K.jpg

Additional links:
    http://arcadestream.co.kr
    https://www.facebook.com/arcadestreamkorea
    Oh hell yeah, man. Awesome. I'm going to put that up in the OP.
    ArcadeStream now has Mariokart 8
    Will have some casuals before we start Mariokart tournaments.
    Ooooo you would do this a month before I leave country
    Sorry man :D
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Missing Person‌ did you ever make it back to Seoul for the summer?
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    I'm still on the waitsee for my renewed Chinese visa. If I don't get my passport back next week I'm stuck in Qingdao.
    In other words he's running from this ass whooping I'm trying to give before I go home :lol:
  • AmmoAmmo Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi Guys, I Just wanted to ask since im in Seoul for about a week if ArcadeStream on Fridays plays anything other than the weeklies because I just wanna play casuals and have a good time so are there people up for that?
    Tourneys usually takes two hours at most. After that it's all casusls. We do have ttt2, kof xiii, mario kart 8 and Darts and beer! you can pretty much find something to enjoy
    But no marvel
  • AmmoAmmo Joined: Posts: 2
    Ok cool .. ! .. I'll be there this friday to play some Street Fighter.
    edited July 2014
    Oh she cute. Anyways this Saturday is my last Marvel tournament in Korea before I move back to the states.
    xero15 wrote: »
    Oh she cute. Anyways this Saturday is my last Marvel tournament in Korea before I move back to the states.

Good luck with ur tournament
    Thank ya