The NEW South Korea thread: Looking for Matches? Head to Cong, Anyday but Monday!

Comments

• xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    Yeah I know who eddie is he's very solid. A lot better than me.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • Philly-onePhilly-one drakefang Joined: Posts: 1,025
    Quick question guys, I'm gonna be moving back to Korea later this year and this time I wanna bring my stick but will there be any issues at the airports? I doubt airport security know what arcade sticks are they'll probably think I'm some sort of terrorist or something lol.

lol you should be fine glad you coming back bruh
    Angry Abel wrote: »
    My username has changed to rabidabel33 if it can be amended.

Anyone play guilty gear xrd? I completely suck at it...

http://arcadestream.co.kr/?page_id=177
    Guys it's up Double Elimination April 25th ~ 26th
    Capcom Pro Tour Asia Ranking Tournament(winner Qualifies for Asia Final)
    and Guilty Gear Xrd -sign- Singles and Teams for over $1000 prizes
    http://shoryuken.com/?p=42546
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 384
    Any fee for being a spectator? Would love to go.
    Angry Abel wrote: »
    Any fee for being a spectator? Would love to go.

The event is completely free to enter. There is no venue fee as well.

But if you're late for the event, you won't be able to enter the venue cuz its limited capacity.
  • VonVon Joined: Posts: 11
    Hey, guys. I'll be spending my summer (from the end of May 'til mid-August) in Seoul. However, I don't know whether I'll be able to bring my stick. Would that be an issue if I were to visit ArcadeStream/Cong Tuh/any other console gaming center?
  • busyyuubusyyuu Joined: Posts: 14
    Hi all. I might be visiting Korea for vacation in June. Does anyone play Marvel and/or is there a hub that would be good to visit for doing so?
  • WaterDrumWaterDrum Joined: Posts: 13
    edited April 2015

Von wrote: »
    Hey, guys. I'll be spending my summer (from the end of May 'til mid-August) in Seoul. However, I don't know whether I'll be able to bring my stick. Would that be an issue if I were to visit ArcadeStream/Cong Tuh/any other console gaming center?

There's an insane amount of sticks. I never bring mine from home. You're all good!
    busyyuu wrote: »
    Hi all. I might be visiting Korea for vacation in June. Does anyone play Marvel and/or is there a hub that would be good to visit for doing so?

I play at Cong a lot and there's a tournament this weekend so come on by in June. There should be plenty of people ready to play you!
    Hey awesome! Is the Cong in Seoul? I'll probably be visiting there the whole time, but I may only get a day to check it out. I'll be there from June 4th-11th, so is there anything going on around that time or should I just drop by on any day?
    YOOOOO WHEN'S MARVEL?!?!?!
  • VonVon Joined: Posts: 11
    WaterDrum wrote: »
    There's an insane amount of sticks. I never bring mine from home. You're all good!

Great, thanks!
    xero15 wrote: »
    YOOOOO WHEN'S MARVEL?!?!?!

Dude, wish I could have gone to Korea when you were still around ^^

Btw, I typically use a 360 pad. Would I need to bring anything to Cong or can I just presume they have stuff already there that I can use?
    Take your pad just in case
    Okay, will do :)
    So I'll be staying in Hongdae this weekend (Fri / Sat). Hoping to finally get to visit Arcade Stream.

Anybody going? I play GG Xrd (badly - would love some help) and was semi-decent at SSFIV, but haven't played for months.
    GG Xrd tourney this sat 3pm, USF4 casuals at 7pm
    Cool, I'll try be there for 3 (if I can persuade the other half).

I really need to learn that Chipp match up.... ;-)
    Hey guys. Mentioned I would be visiting Korea a while back, will be heading to Seoul in a few days now. I know people recommended that I visit The Cong for some umvc3 action. Anything special happening from June 4th-11th? Any other places one might recommend?
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,707
    No special events I know of, but I'd recommend hitting up ArcadeStream though.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Awesome, thanks for the tip :) Any particular days/times when these places are most full? I'll probably only get one chance to visit each place (The Cong and AS) since I'll be vacationing with the wife, so I'd like to make the most of my visit if possible :)
    edited June 2015
    If anyone's around, going to try out arcadestream in the evening today, will probably try cong tomorrow.

edit: Upon further research, so wait, is AS actually just a darts bar with occasional fighting game events? If that's the case maybe I'll try Cong today instead.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,707
    AS has SF most days of the week, if you have Kakaotalk get at philly-one before you head out to make sure.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • SamsonSamson UNLIMITED Joined: Posts: 290
    Hi everyone, I'm currently stationed in Osan AB now and once I'm settled I'd like to get some games in.

SRK Tag: Samson
    Games Played: SF4, KOF, TTT2
    Xbox Live Gamertag:
    PSN Username:
    Relax and take notes.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2015
    I'll be stationed at Osan AB later this year.

SRK tag: RagingStormX

Games: USF4, CvS2, ST, A2, wanting to learn KOF13

Xbox: jeffhizzle254
    PSN: jeffhizzle254
    Steam: jeffhizzle
    Fightcade: RagingStormX

@Samson see you there
    Post edited by RagingStormX on
    Is Laugh in South Korea? I used to play A2 with him on GGPO.
    Is Laugh in South Korea? I used to play A2 with him on GGPO.

Yup. I think he shows up to ArcadeStream from time to time.
    I'm pretty good at KoF13 so I can help you there RagingStormX.

Relax and take notes.
    USF4_Logo.jpg

Ultra Street Fighter IV Monthly tournament - Jul 4th 2015

Sponsored by Madcatz Korea and NYK Media Group

Games: Singles

Entry Fees:

– Venue fee: 10,000 KRW per person (Covers tournament and all casual plays, 1 free drink applies for all participants)
    – Tournament Entry Fee: 10,000 KRW per person (100% of which will go towards the prize pool)

Prize Payout Breakdown:
    – 1st Place: 70%
    – 2nd Place: 30%

Sponsored Prize:
    – 1st Place: Madcatz Kunai Stereo Headset + 200,000 KRW bonus pot
    – 2nd Place: Madcatz Kama Stereo Headset + 100,000 KRW bonus pot

Special Interview for 1st and 2nd place

– NYK media group is shooting our tournaments footage and will make episodes of Korean Fighting Game Scene out of the footage.

Time:
    – Registration for game will start at 6:00PM
    – Game starts at 7:00PM sharp

Tournament Set-Up:
    – Brackets will be randomly generated through www.challonge.com Tournament Organizer.
    – Tournament will be on PS4 only.
    – Three or four PS4 setups will be used for the entire tournament.
    – In order to expedite the tournaments, if your match must be played, you will have to play on the available system.

Tournament Format:
    – Double Elimination
    – Best Two out of Three
    – Winner character lock, ultra can be changed
    – Only Grand final matches are best three out of five(First to three)

Game Procedure:
    – Player side(1p, 2p) will be followed by challonge bracket.

General Ground Rules:
    – BYOC: Because of the turnout we hope to achieve, we ask that you bring your own dart and coins for your own personal use. It is STRONGLY recommended that you label your belongings to prevent theft.
    – We are NOT responsible for any loss or damage to your equipment due to negligence. With that said, everybody show respect your peer’s belongings and there will be no issue.
    – Keep in mind, this is a family-friendly place. There may be other playing customers there trying to enjoy themselves on other stations as well. We understand the nature of competitive gaming can get intense. Trash-talking is definitely allowed, but please keep the vulgarity down in respect to others.
    – No food or drinks on the stations themselves. This is pretty self-explanatory and will ensure that damage to both our bar’s and your equipment will be avoided.

ArcadeStream official homepage: www.arcadestream.co.kr

Tournament stream link: www.twitch.tv/arcadestream

Venue address
    – 89-9 Seoul Seodaemun-gu Younhee-dong 89-9 DartStream

edited June 2015
    USF4_Logo.jpg

Ultra Street Fighter IV Monthly tournament results

May 30th 2015

Sponsored by Madcatz Korea and NYK Media Group

Games: Singles

Entry Fees:

– Venue fee: 10,000 KRW per person (Covers tournament and all casual plays, 1 free drink applies for all participants)
    – Tournament Entry Fee: 10,000 KRW per person (100% of which will go towards the prize pool)

Prize Payout Breakdown:
    – 1st Place: 60%
    – 2nd Place: 40%

Sponsored Prize:
    – 1st Place: Madcatz Kunai Stereo Headset + 100,000 KRW bonus pot
    – 2nd Place: Madcatz Kama Stereo Headset + 50,000 KRW bonus pot

Results:

Supreme Champion: Kage
    Worthy Adversary: prettyMingky
    Maybe Next Time: Hantangang
    4th place: dunbine
    5th place tie: mintcheerios
    drakefang
    7th place tie: Joe
    cptMauMau

Bracket:
    challonge.com/arcadestreammonthly20150530

Special Interview for 1st and 2nd place
    https://youtu.be/fw5ZoxcDN9c

Grand Final
    https://youtu.be/7bxEhL29TIw

Top 5 Moments
    https://youtu.be/Z2YptymhVu0

ArcadeStream official homepage: www.arcadestream.co.kr

Tournament stream link: www.twitch.tv/arcadestream

Venue address
    – 89-9 Seoul Seodaemun-gu Younhee-dong 89-9 DartStream

Sweet thanks for posting this up Philly. Anyone here kind enough to add me on facebook or cellphone just incase I need help navigating to the location when I travel?
    Relax and take notes.
    Samson wrote: »
    Sweet thanks for posting this up Philly. Anyone here kind enough to add me on facebook or cellphone just incase I need help navigating to the location when I travel?

Hit me up on Facebook:

facebook DOT com SLASH one47
  • MegamannyMegamanny Joined: Posts: 1,002
    RagingStormX, why does your name sound really familiar? I've been here in Korea for a few years already and I know some people on here. When I go to Osan here in November I will jump back into fighting games. Been out of it since I got to Korea due to DDR And Pump It Up hahaha.
    Manny (and anyone else lurking in the area), there's a local tournament tomorrow here in Osan July 3 @ 1300 in the E Club ballroom. Did you extend in Korea?
    Relax and take notes.
    Yeah. I extended in Korea. My follow on is to osan sometime in November (though I hear rumor that might change)

Unfortunately I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I'm staying in gunsan although I will be in osan on Saturday for a little bit.

I passed word about the tournament to some buddies of mine here in Kunsan and they said they were interested so maybe they might show.
    Will you make it to the Saturday tournament?
    Relax and take notes.
    Megamanny wrote: »
    RagingStormX, why does your name sound really familiar? I've been here in Korea for a few years already and I know some people on here. When I go to Osan here in November I will jump back into fighting games. Been out of it since I got to Korea due to DDR And Pump It Up hahaha.

I was all over the forums in the CvS2 days and if you play Alpha 2 I'm the one whole created the tutorial thread on here. Also played a lot of ST/A2 of GGPO.

Hit me up on Facebook:

facebook DOT com SLASH one47

Sent you a FR as well, Jeffrey Hill.
    I won't be able to make it. I'm actually going to Osan today but won't be in till probably 3 or 4

I was all over the forums in the CvS2 days and if you play Alpha 2 I'm the one whole created the tutorial thread on here. Also played a lot of ST/A2 of GGPO.

I feel like I may know you personally but that may be wrong.

I feel like I may know you personally but that may be wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.hill.562 that me so you tell me lol
    Will you make it to the Saturday tournament?

I stopped by but it was already 2. Not sure if I missed anything by then but it seemed people were playing through.

You didn't say anything you bum!
    Relax and take notes.
    My mistake bro. I tried looking for you the first 10 or so minutes but it was so dark haha
    Great event phillyone, I'm gonna consider coming a bit earlier for more casuals lol. Everyone in the local area should come out to these monthlies!
    Relax and take notes.
    Here are the top 5 hype moments of the tournament

Great event phillyone, I'm gonna consider coming a bit earlier for more casuals lol. Everyone in the local area should come out to these monthlies!

I rarely pay attention to this thread since I'm usually too far away to go so I was unaware there was a tournament going on. But I will be at Osan in November/December for a year so I'll definitely be going more often.