The NEW South Korea thread: Looking for Matches? Head to Cong, Anyday but Monday!

Comments

• Philly-onePhilly-one drakefang Joined: Posts: 1,026
    Not sf tounament but thought it's worth to share advertising DartStream venue Recent Dart Tournament footage with MissKorea Kum Dan-bi
    edited August 2014
    Proud to announce ArcadeStream is hosting Capcom cup pro tour asia quals on 8/23 http://www.razerzone.com/capcomprotour-asia/korea/en/
    Post edited by Philly-one on
  • krnred225krnred225 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    SRK Tag: krnred225
    Games Played: SFIV series
    Xbox Live Gamertag: N/A
    PSN Username: N/A
    KakaoTalk ID: minkyang

Hi, my name is Min Kyu and I'm here visiting family in Korea. I was planning on visiting Cong Tuh some time in the afternoon on Saturday. I'm actually not great at Korean, so it'd be cool if anyone there spoke some English. I look forward to meeting anyone who's there when I visit!
    Post edited by krnred225 on
    ArcadeStream Friday Night Weekly USF4 2vs2 random team tournament http://arcadestream.co.kr/?event=arcadestream-friday-night-weekly-doubles-2014-08-08
  • Manny2DgodManny2Dgod Joined: Posts: 62
    So I extended in korea for another year and a half. My game playing has taken a backseat these last few months since the newest version of ddr got released. Seoul is too far for me to go to frequently.

Is there any scene near or in daejeon itself? I go there every week for DDR but would love to get back into USF4.

I live in gunsan fyi
    Manny2Dgod wrote: »
    So I extended in korea for another year and a half. My game playing has taken a backseat these last few months since the newest version of ddr got released. Seoul is too far for me to go to frequently.

Is there any scene near or in daejeon itself? I go there every week for DDR but would love to get back into USF4.

I live in gunsan fyi

Try capcom pro tour on aug 23 at ArcadeStream details are in this thread
    protour_korea_full.png

Aug 23rd only two weeks left!

be ready for the Capcom Pro Tour!!
  • ATM SPIDERTAOATM SPIDERTAO A Hero Superior... ATM SPIDERTAO Joined: Posts: 4,153
    lol shit looks like i missed the zero15 guy while he was in korea. i just started playing marvel again and went to CONG like twice i think

why the hell is my damn face in my avatar? i had an awesome one from way back when wtf

got my old xboxlive gamertag: ATM SPIDERTAO

i will crush all in marvel lol <3
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
    XBOXLIVE gamertag: ATM SPIDERTAO
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @atm spidertao dude get a ps3 and catch this beatdown in USF4!
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    edited August 2014
    @ATM SPIDERTAO
    He still in Korea
    kakao me and I'll invite you to marvel group chat

Edit
    kakao id: drakefang
    Finalized Capcom Pro Tour Asia Korea Quals event info: http://arcadestream.co.kr/?event=capcom-pro-tour-asia-korea-qualifier
  • ThePen2ThePen2 Joined: Posts: 2
    Anybody in here at Osan right now by any chance? Month and a half gone by and my fingers are itching to do some combos. *Sigh* Ah well...
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,871
    Tao you wily man. You still play sf4?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,076
    Argh I want Marvel but my schedule though
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • heiligekuhheiligekuh Joined: Posts: 31
    I moved to Songdo earlier this month. My sticks and systems are still stuck in customs, but I'm heading in to play at the CPT event at ArcadeStream tomorrow. Anyone else going?

--andrew
  • jeopardy0jeopardy0 Joined: Posts: 43
    edited August 2014
    I'm gonna be in Seoul around October 17-22. Does anybody play UMvC3 there? If so, could you let me know, either by posting a reply or tweeting me @ Jeopardy408? I'm probably easier to reach at the latter b/c I don't check SRK regularly. I definitely want to get some games in, and attend tournaments if there are any at that time.

Thanks guys :)
  • musikgeniusmusikgenius Joined: Posts: 45
    Sup, I am scheduled to head to Yongsan near Christmas. I am excited about playing the competition out there. I play USFIV and I main Guile. My XBL tag is NINJA Musik g. I do plan on hosting local gatherings. Do I have to master an arcade stick if I want to play in the local arcades?
    XBL: Ninja musik g
    "No greater sacrifice than someone else's"
    jeopardy0 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be in Seoul around October 17-22. Does anybody play UMvC3 there? If so, could you let me know, either by posting a reply or tweeting me @ Jeopardy408? I'm probably easier to reach at the latter b/c I don't check SRK regularly. I definitely want to get some games in, and attend tournaments if there are any at that time.

Thanks guys :)

As of now only active place for mvc3 is Cong at Nambu terminal refer the first page of this thread
    Sup, I am scheduled to head to Yongsan near Christmas. I am excited about playing the competition out there. I play USFIV and I main Guile. My XBL tag is NINJA Musik g. I do plan on hosting local gatherings. Do I have to master an arcade stick if I want to play in the local arcades?

A lan center called ZoneIST is located at Yongsan but mainly blazblue and melty players. You can build a sf4 community there since there r only a few sf4 players or visit arcadestream for the most competitive sf4 tournament in Korea.

Direction and details for the above lan center can be found on first page.
    edited August 2014
    ArcadeStream USF4 tournament 2 vs 2 teams this sunday 4pm http://arcadestream.co.kr/?event=182-2014-08-31

https://m.facebook.com/events/1516267735276257/
    Post edited by Philly-one on
    heiligekuh wrote: »
    I moved to Songdo earlier this month. My sticks and systems are still stuck in customs, but I'm heading in to play at the CPT event at ArcadeStream tomorrow. Anyone else going?

--andrew

Yo andrew! Hope you had fun at the event:D
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,871

Also, pretty much the only places to play SF4 are gaming centers like ArcadeStream and Cong, and they run on console, so if you're a pad or a hitbox player, you'll be fine.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • hayanhayan Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey FGC Korea. I don't know if this is the right place, but I'm a complete noob to SF4 who just recently got introduced to the game from a friend. We played a bit and he showed me a bunch of the crazy EVO vids which really got me interested. I live close to Hongdae, but going to a place where a frikkin evo champ goes to seems a bit over my head... So should a new player like myself go to some of the places here, or should I play more and than get into the local scene?
    Go play at arcadestream. There's a variety of players there
    ArcadeStream now has UMVC3
    how do you guys usually schedule meetups at arcadestream and cong tuh?
    Usually on Kakao
    ArcadeStream USF4 weekly http://arcadestream.co.kr/?event=arcadestream-friday-night-weekly-doubles-2014-09-07
    Korean BBQ party and UMVC3 casuals after the USF4 tournament
    ArcadeStream weekly with Hoodaman
    Signup and get your free Max draft https://m.facebook.com/events/1632388586987629
    i just got kakao talk, never used it before. is there a seoul umvc3 chat?
    Not really. It's just a big group chat
    edited October 2014
    how do i join it?
    What's your ID?
  • Dan_townDan_town Joined: Posts: 5
    SRK Tag: Dan_town
    Games Played: USF4
    PSN Username: thisisadventure
    KakaoTalk ID: dantown

Hi, I'm Dan. I used to play AE2012 with EraldoCoil and some other guys once in a while some time ago. Been playing USF4 more lately and trying to get back into some casual games and maybe check out one of these spots where you guys play. There's a burger place called GrabaB near me that has a PS3 setup; I'll take my 2 AE sticks in there sometimes to play some games with a friend of mine. Would anyone be interested in coming out to Buypeong for some burgers and Ultra? Otherwise, I'm down for some online matches.
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    Just received my new etokki stick in the mail \(^.^)/
    Just got the player list updated.
  • An0118An0118 Joined: Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys. I'm visiting Korea until Sunday. Should I go to arcade stream or cong tuh for some mvc3 sessions with people? My kakaotalk is being weird but let me know!

Edit: my id is andrewdnguyen
    Post edited by An0118 on
    Damn people always come to play Marvel when I'm busy. I know Saturday there will be a local gathering here near Songtan with some Marvel players. Other than that Cong would be your best bet but I'm not sure how many players will be there as I have only been able to make the tourneys lately
  • Dan_townDan_town Joined: Posts: 5
    Hey, I know this is kind of last minute but I'm bringing my AE sticks to this burger place in Bupyeong tonight for some casuals. Any hungry people willing to come out to the area are welcome to drop in. Looking to turn this into a weekly thing if we get any kind of regular turnout.

The place is called Burger GrabaB. The owner plays a little Tekken and definitely makes a hell of a burger.

Here's the address:
    부평대로 40번길 4Incheon, Korea 403-820