The ST match vids + discussion thread

Comments

• SteveTrenSteveTren RYU Ph.D Joined: Posts: 999
    yeah, chun players from HDR have been trying to explain this to me since back in 2010. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Then just 2 days ago I was playing chun while really sleepy, and I charged super before I had it and it still came out. 

It hit me like a fucking brick. Asshole chun players couldn't just explain it to me straight. fuck head chun players.
    Its a crazy game property.  You can do the super motion at the beginning of the round with zero super charge and as long as you are still hitting forward when the charge happens a min or 2 later the super will come out with just hitting the kick button.   Not sure if it has practical uses in game, as I don't use Chun.
    GGPO: stevetren
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    SteveTren said:
    yeah, chun players from HDR have been trying to explain this to me since back in 2010. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Then just 2 days ago I was playing chun while really sleepy, and I charged super before I had it and it still came out. 

It hit me like a fucking brick. Asshole chun players couldn't just explain it to me straight. fuck head chun players.
    Its a crazy game property.  You can do the super motion at the beginning of the round with zero super charge and as long as you are still hitting forward when the charge happens a min or 2 later the super will come out with just hitting the kick button.   Not sure if it has practical uses in game, as I don't use Chun.
    It's a huge factor for mind tricks actually. You can charge it and rush down with pokes until you have super, and mix up between throws and super. someone that doesn't know the trick will think no super was charged. This is really going to up my chun game. Good looking out tren.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    Can it be used like the D.E.D OS from 3rd Strike?  Meaning that the Super will only come out on hit, not block?  While I'm not 100% with meter gain for moves on hit/block, I'm assuming it should work?  That's actually quite a dangerous technique with Chun.
    SteveTren said:

It's a huge factor for mind tricks actually. You can charge it and rush down with pokes until you have super, and mix up between throws and super. someone that doesn't know the trick will think no super was charged. This is really going to up my chun game. Good looking out tren.
    Just confirmed it works same way with Honda.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Is it possible to do HHS or lightning legs while doing this pre-super store charge trick?  As in, do the super motion, hold forward while doing HHS, and once you get meter, you just press punch again to do super? 
    eltrouble said:
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Is it possible to do HHS or lightning legs while doing this pre-super store charge trick?  As in, do the super motion, hold forward while doing HHS, and once you get meter, you just press punch again to do super? 
    Yeah, that works, its un-fucking-believable. 
    Ah shit..    
    eltrouble said:
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Yup. That is possible. It's pretty un-fucking-believable. 

PS.
    Hey steve, sometimes when I play sets against frijoles, we both pick new ryu and jump back and forth pushing mp chanting "steve tren, steve tren, steve tren".
    Ah shit..    
    eltrouble said:
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Well, let me check that out for you.

edited February 2013
    deleted duplicate.
    Post edited by DNGR S PAPERCUT on
    Ah shit..    
    eltrouble said:
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Well, let me check that out for you.

eltrouble said:
    SteveTren said:
    SteveTren said:

Yup. That is possible. It's pretty un-fucking-believable. 

PS.
    Hey steve, sometimes when I play sets against frijoles, we both pick new ryu and jump back and forth pushing mp chanting "steve tren, steve tren, steve tren".
    Ah shit..    
    It does indeed work! Here is the video proof.  Infact, you can cancel out of the last Lightning Leg kick into super with the release of another kick button for a weird combo.  I did it by accident but didn't get it on video.

• djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054

<garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Holy shit @ 0:22.  That combo is hard enough to land against an opponent on wake-up standing in front of you, I can't imagine doing it while crossing under an opponent.  I gotta try that some day.  
    hold my beer, I can do that.
    Ah shit..    
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    That's it.. I'm going to order quesadillas today 
  • delatroydelatroy My Blue Boat Joined: Posts: 293
    edited March 2013
    In case you missed it.
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yito2k (Dhalsim) vs. hazi (Dee Jay)

Post edited by delatroy on
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yito2k (Dhalsim) vs. osaka-pizza (Ryu) 

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yito2k (Dhalsim) vs. Pasky (Guile)

• NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,220
    Awesome matches, man. Particularly interesting to see a Dee-Jay player managing to make the 'Sim match-up much better than it really is. 
    Oh look, another thread that was updated that didn't ping my notifications box.  Looks like much hasn't changed.

Awesome video uploads btw.  I've studied the yito v. hazi matchups, and I'm amazed at the way Hazi handles it.  He actually makes the matchup look fair.  But I'm starting to see where both players make some minor mistakes here and there, and I believe that as long as Dhalsim stays on point with anti-airs and learning how to handle Deejay at that critical sweep range, Sim is still heavily favored. 
    Yeah actually after the match hazi said that he usually get owned by Dhalsim. HYDLIDE he said beats him 8-2 or even 9-1 so I guess it's less about skills and more about knowing what to do. 
    I just think yito's aggressive style of play works against him sometimes depending on the matchup.  He's doesn't naturally lame out and throw pokes and fireballs, he always wants to rush that shit down and get in his opponent's face.  Unfortunately, Deejay has some pretty damn good tools at the ranges where Yito likes to fight.  
    edited March 2013
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - S4v (o.Ryu, o.Ken) vs. osaka-pizza (Ryu)

delatroy wrote: »
    In case you missed it.SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yito2k (Dhalsim) vs. hazi (Dee Jay)<br />

0:57 o_0
    edited March 2013
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - STPlayah (Ryu, Boxer) vs. hazi (Dee Jay, O.Hawk)

(removed because STPlayah wasn't the real STPlayah)
    Post edited by delatroy on
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Gizzle (Boxer) vs. S4v (O.Ken, O.Ryu)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yasumaru2008 (Guile) vs. hazi (Dee Jay)

edited March 2013
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - S4v (O.Ryu) vs. shun joker (Ryu)
    Some cracking stuff here!

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Gizzle (Boxer) vs. shun joker (Ryu)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - yasumaru2008 (Guile) vs. stella0415 (Ryu)

Yuuvega on fire!

The TRUE Team Rush Hour (West Coast Edition)
    Sorry for procrastinating on this, but I finally finished uploading and tagging ST tournament videos from February and early March.

2.16.2013:

2.22.2013:

3.01.2013:
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    7 5 0 wrote: »
    Yuuvega on fire!
    That's the sort of shit I was talking about years ago, after watching some live streams with him. This guy perfects dudes with no combos, as Dictator. It's fucking sick.

I miss Taira though. He's MIA
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - old.samir (Guile) vs. shun joker (Ryu)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Gizzle (Boxer) vs. hazi (DeeJay)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - DGV (Ryu) vs. HYDLIDE (Chun Li)