Just thought this should have its own little thread for people that are interested in purchasing it. There is info in the main thread but it's buried under layers of discussion/flame. I got the DVD / Book today (i know, late to the party). Picked it up at Play-asia ~$60. The DVD was nice (although I've seen even sharper play from these guys). I did enjoy viewing the top ST players playing AE. But the book makes this a must buy.
- tournament of some of Japan's top ST players duking it out. Unlike most Japan ST tournaments, each round is best 3/5 and counter-picking is allowed.
- ~1 hr of ST and AE matches
- AE combo vid
- SF2 glitch vid.
- 10 remixed tunes (Dee Jay, thawk, fei, cammy, ehonda, guiler, dhalsim, blanka, sagat, vega)
- tunes are great, wish they had remixed more!
YOGA BOOK HYPER
- hitboxes! (this info alone makes the guide priceless)
- frame data
- a strategy section that i can't read. I'm sure there is juicy info here.
- interviews with top players.
- examples of how hitboxes changed over the series. Some priceless examples like Bison CE psycho crusher. Almost makes me wish that they did hit boxes and frame data for all four games just so I can waste many hours comparing hitbox deltas.
Anyways, great book. Hopefully they keep doing it for all the main evo games (cvs2, 3s, ggxx). It's nice to have a definitive "bible."
Product page w/ sample vids: http://www.tanomi.com/insanity/sf.html
one place to buy: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7x-49-en-70-15uk.html