PlayStation 4 and PS3 arcade stick compatibility

d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber OverrideJoined: Posts: 24,746 mod
Sony recently released an "Ultimate FAQ" regarding the PlayStation 4. Part of this FAQ includes details on what PS3 peripherals will work on the PS4.

Now while we know that the system won't natively support PS3 peripherals, there's an interesting bit that provides some hope.
Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?

Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

In other words, if the devs allow a game to use a certain peripheral (probably by packaging drivers and whatnot with the game itself) than it'll work with the PS4.
«13

Comments

  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see Capcom agreeing to this due to their relationship with MadCatz. But we'll see..
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,746 mod
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭
    There is also, I presume, Tekken x SF.

    Plus all the inevitable PS2 & PS3 'super HD' re-releases available for download only.
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Heh, I posted that link in the "XBox360 sticks on XBO" thread, since the PS4 came up, and then I saw that d3v posted this thread. :P

    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation... Of course, the first developer to bring out a fighter that DOESN'T support them will be chastised by the FGC, I suppose? I mean, it would totally suck if you bought the Injustice:GAU Battle Edition for PS3 and couldn't use that stick with I:GAU Ultimate on PS4, right?
    Post edited by PlayDoh003 on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkMan wrote: »
    We WANT our sticks to work with next-gen! lol.
    but that would make sense
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • RadewagonRadewagon Joined: Posts: 47
    PlayDoh003 wrote: »
    Heh, I posted that link in the "XBox360 sticks on XBO" thread, since the PS4 came up, and then I saw that d3v posted this thread. :P

    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation... Of course, the first developer to bring out a fighter that DOESN'T support them will be chastised by the FGC, I suppose? I mean, it would totally suck if you bought the Injustice:GAU Battle Edition for PS3 and couldn't use that stick with I:GAU Ultimate on PS4, right?

    That's what I'm thinkin. Right now, I wouldn't mind upgrading to a next gen version of Injustice, but if my fightsticks aren't supported, it's a definite dealbreaker. It's probably for the best if devs and pubs don't alienate the FGC just to make a few extra sales on fightsticks. Let's be honest, even if the old ones are supported, a lot of people will still want to buy new ones.

    Anyway, with such little info, I'm also pretty curious as to which fightsticks will be supported, if any. If one PS3 stick is supported, does that automatically mean that all of them are supported due to a shared standard? Or will the software be able to know if I'm using an officially liscenced stick and allow that while disallowing a stick using one of Toodles' awesome boards?
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    The TE2 leads me to believe that if we are able to use old sticks on the new systems, they'll focus on features currently lacking in this generation of sticks.

    I feel as if we in the FGC have shown to be willing to deal with stick collecting. MarkMan knows.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • PortaljackerPortaljacker Joined: Posts: 105
    I hope Injustice works. It's a PA4 launch title. Though I've heard it's controller friendly I think. Never played. Excited to try.
  • dehumanizer62dehumanizer62 Joined: Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    PlayDoh003 wrote: »
    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation...
    This means that pcbs like the PS360+, MC cthulhu, etc should be able to support the ps4 with just an update rite?

    In any case, if the pcb for your arcade stick isn't supported, the easiest way (imo) without spending money on another stick would be to dual mod your stick using an IMP, Kitty, or even a cerberus.
    Post edited by dehumanizer62 on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlayDoh003 wrote: »
    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation...
    This means that pcbs like the PS360+, MC cthulhu, etc should be able to support the ps4 with just an update rite?

    In any case, if the pcb for your arcade stick isn't supported, the easiest way (imo) without spending money on another stick would be to dual mod your stick using an IMP, Kitty, or even a cerberus.

    I really just want to scream "NO" here but that not be fair to you.

    Look we all have to wait till the release before we can jump to any conclusions. We would also have to give the PCB makers time to make updates for their firmware on their PCBs to account for any changes.
    It not like these changes would be obvious on the PCB makers part. They have to snoop electronically around and piece together info what makes a PS4 controller tick before they can add it to their code.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,746 mod
    Darksakul wrote: »
    PlayDoh003 wrote: »
    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation...
    This means that pcbs like the PS360+, MC cthulhu, etc should be able to support the ps4 with just an update rite?

    In any case, if the pcb for your arcade stick isn't supported, the easiest way (imo) without spending money on another stick would be to dual mod your stick using an IMP, Kitty, or even a cerberus.

    I really just want to scream "NO" here but that not be fair to you.

    Look we all have to wait till the release before we can jump to any conclusions. We would also have to give the PCB makers time to make updates for their firmware on their PCBs to account for any changes.
    It not like these changes would be obvious on the PCB makers part. They have to snoop electronically around and piece together info what makes a PS4 controller tick before they can add it to their code.

    It looks to me like how they did things with GT5 this gen where the drivers and stuff that made certain wheels work was packaged with the game. So for certain PCBs to work, the developers would need the drivers and stuff to make them work - unless of course, they make make ti so that the game itself recognizes and responds to HID devices.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3v wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    PlayDoh003 wrote: »
    In any case, it's interesting to see that it's based on a software/driver implementation...
    This means that pcbs like the PS360+, MC cthulhu, etc should be able to support the ps4 with just an update rite?

    In any case, if the pcb for your arcade stick isn't supported, the easiest way (imo) without spending money on another stick would be to dual mod your stick using an IMP, Kitty, or even a cerberus.

    I really just want to scream "NO" here but that not be fair to you.

    Look we all have to wait till the release before we can jump to any conclusions. We would also have to give the PCB makers time to make updates for their firmware on their PCBs to account for any changes.
    It not like these changes would be obvious on the PCB makers part. They have to snoop electronically around and piece together info what makes a PS4 controller tick before they can add it to their code.

    It looks to me like how they did things with GT5 this gen where the drivers and stuff that made certain wheels work was packaged with the game. So for certain PCBs to work, the developers would need the drivers and stuff to make them work - unless of course, they make make ti so that the game itself recognizes and responds to HID devices.
    That is still alot of assumptions on our part, and hoping those developers gives enough of a care about there customers to take that extra effort to make sure all our stuff works with their game.
    Remember how certain PS3 sticks did not work with KOF XIII.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm estimating they will have to write drivers for every stick they want to support, which will cut out a lot of shit like... oh say Eightarcs. That's better than nothing, but I highly doubt it will just be like "as a software developer, if you want arcade sticks then flip this bit and it will be open and our general drivers will take over."

    It looks like this was news to devs though too, lol.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 46
    So with the playstation 4 out in USA etc and getting reviews in the media, has anyone tried a ps3 fightstick to see if it works/registers???
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    I really hope developers will include Madcatz and Hori drivers but I think I've come to terms with buying a new stick.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    noddy wrote: »
    So with the playstation 4 out in USA etc and getting reviews in the media, has anyone tried a ps3 fightstick to see if it works/registers???

    But we already know fightsticks don't work unless game devs add support for them.
    MarkMan wrote: »
    People are out of their mind!

    We WANT our sticks to work with next-gen! lol.

    I refuse to believe your company wants to lose money because nobody will need to buy a next-gen fightstick. If everyone buys one because they have to you guys net loadsamoney and it's not YOUR fault because evil sony/microsoft took out the console support.
    PSN: iamnsc -- GG AC+R -- Casual Corner: T6, P4A, CvS2, 3Soe, Skullgirls, BBCP
    Steam: nsc -- USFIV -- Casual Corner: KOF XIII, Skullgirls
    Ontario, Canada
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,072 mod
    nsc wrote: »
    I refuse to believe your company wants to lose money because nobody will need to buy a next-gen fightstick. If everyone buys one because they have to you guys net loadsamoney and it's not YOUR fault because evil sony/microsoft took out the console support.

    It's not that easy. There's more to it than that. I refuse to believe that most people would understand because a lot of people are only thinking about their benefit.

    If our existing sticks worked on PS4, we could continue to sell the sticks we still have (which we have plenty of). Instead of trying to invest/make and TAKE A RISK on creating a new stick that only works on one console. But yeah. If you think we're only out to make money (which is logical if you don't think about everything), then that has to be the conclusion you come to.

    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

    Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
  • wigsplitterwigsplitter Joined: Posts: 129
    Just my opinion but it seems pretty obvious that you will be able to use a PS3 stick with the PS4. Reason being is MarkMan would have Beeeennnnn put out something about a PS4 stick. We can not expect any devs to say dont worry your sticks will work. Now the question is will the PS360 pcb work. I sure in the hell hope so, but if not I have plenty of fighters to play for the time being. We have to realize that these devs may have a gag order restricting them to say anything. Again this is just my opinion. Anyway we only have a couple of days until the console comes out to know for sure.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I very incorrectly assumed you guys slashed stick production when next-gen was announced.

    However I think you're incorrect in thinking that making a Ps4 stick is a risk. I guess pad-hacks threaten your market, but there's no wired DS4's right? Also your argument is you have Ps3 sticks in stock which you want to sell which means you do just want to make money, and selling Ps3 sticks that you have nets you more profit than making a Ps4 stick so it IS true that you guys just want to make money :P

    Now I'm curious how many current gen sticks madcatz is sitting on, I may be cynical and 100% stream monster but I very much want madcatz to be successful and continue to make grade A sticks forever. I'm interested in how many sticks are in warehouses unable to be loved by the FGC...

    I guess it would be a huge bonus for your VS re-release for the holidays (you did mention that in another thread right markman? I'm not going insane) if you could slap on the box PS4/PS3.



    This is starting to sound dicey, I wish more game devs were talking with you guys about titles that will have Ps3 support, and for that matter I wish microsoft worked something out with you guys to make your life easier. Now I'm all worried and stressed, I better take a break and play some dark souls to settle myself down.
    PSN: iamnsc -- GG AC+R -- Casual Corner: T6, P4A, CvS2, 3Soe, Skullgirls, BBCP
    Steam: nsc -- USFIV -- Casual Corner: KOF XIII, Skullgirls
    Ontario, Canada
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,072 mod
    ^ thanks for your understanding.

    I just wish it was easier overall too.
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

    Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    noddy wrote: »
    So with the playstation 4 out in USA etc and getting reviews in the media, has anyone tried a ps3 fightstick to see if it works/registers???


    The point is moot...

    The system doesn't get released until Friday the 15th and what fighting games are being released on PS4 THIS year?????

    I stopped coming to the boards as much because A) people are freaking out too much about this stuff; in most cases, we just simply don't know -- ie, enjoy the ride and find out what's going on with the rest of us but otherwise don't waste so much time thinking about it! B) People really aren't using any common sense or know nothing about how peripheral support has worked out in the past on most systems; and C) the whole common sense part is just completely lacking on the Tech Board lately when it comes to discussing next gen. Pissing contests and speculations are best left on the Fighting Game boards in my opinion.

    I skip the mainstream media coverage on technology for good reasons... Reporting's bad on it in general and common sense gets thrown out the window every time something new and shiny comes along. People don't even think about how this gear can really get used! I don't like to come here and see a lot of the same issues brought up again and again. I thought more people here understood the tech and the bare basics of how these things work but obviously that isn't the case since so many of the same old questions and threads get revived and people STILL aren't reading the STICKIES and FAQs that cover this stuff already! You newbies have a LOT more to work with that's offered free to you than I did when I stumbled across the boards almost four years ago now. It's night and day difference between early 2009 and late 2013. There's no excuse for people being ignorant about basic compatibility issues or starting new threads about "what's the best joystick to buy"?

    Neither Sony, MS, or Nintendo really want backwards compatibility on their systems. They have so much money tied up in the next gen's that they want to maximize the money they're going to get from us for those new systems ASAP. MS and Sony are already selling systems at a loss so why make the PS4 and XBone backwards compatible with existing controller hardware?

    All this talk about PS3 hardware working on the PS4's or vice-versa... well, so far A) it's only the DS4 controllers with USB cables working on PS3's which defeats the whole wireless point of the pads and B) it's only the development kits for the PS4 where the PS3 joysticks are compatible. With no immediate PS4 fighters planned and no PS4 joysticks in-stores, it makes sense that the development kits work with the available hardware, right? That doesn't translate into the final PS4 games working with PS3 joysticks, however!

    Just don't expect this to be the case with the production/store-bought PS4. As more Sony fans are finding out as details of the final PS4 configuration get leaked out, Sony learned plenty of lessons from MS's experience with the 360 so expect the hardware lockout/security chips for the PS4 peripherals. Sony has no reason to be generous to the consumer -- any more than MS has been -- and allow past-gen devices to work on the new systems. That's not the way it works with game consoles. You're free to sell all your old games, old controllers, and systems; just don't come crying back here when you find out you actually miss something you got rid of for a song and change!

    You have 2 years left on the PS3 and XBox 360 before the systems are "officially dead." That won't happen overnight, and certainly not because of Killer Instinct or anything else getting released later this year. The transition will happen just like it did last gen because of system acceptance issues and the availability of quality software that makes people want to jump ship... The software for this past gen -- fighting game-wise, and in bulk by the genre -- arguably wasn't available until after '09 when SFIV shipped. I certainly don't recall any other piece of software on the 360/PS3 generating as much buzz for fighting games and selling as many joysticks as that did, and that was Year 3 for the PS3 and Year 4 for the XBox 360!




  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,746 mod
    edited November 2013
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    noddy wrote: »
    So with the playstation 4 out in USA etc and getting reviews in the media, has anyone tried a ps3 fightstick to see if it works/registers???


    The point is moot...

    The system doesn't get released until Friday the 15th and what fighting games are being released on PS4 THIS year?????
    PS4 has 2 fighting games coming out this yeart - Injustice Ultimate Ed and DiveKick. Only one of them needs an arcade stick and most likely it'll come with support for the one with the same branding (in other words the PDP/Qanba Injustice stick).
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    I stopped coming to the boards as much because A) people are freaking out too much about this stuff; in most cases, we just simply don't know -- ie, enjoy the ride and find out what's going on with the rest of us but otherwise don't waste so much time thinking about it! B) People really aren't using any common sense or know nothing about how peripheral support has worked out in the past on most systems; and C) the whole common sense part is just completely lacking on the Tech Board lately when it comes to discussing next gen. Pissing contests and speculations are best left on the Fighting Game boards in my opinion.

    I skip the mainstream media coverage on technology for good reasons... Reporting's bad on it in general and common sense gets thrown out the window every time something new and shiny comes along. People don't even think about how this gear can really get used! I don't like to come here and see a lot of the same issues brought up again and again. I thought more people here understood the tech and the bare basics of how these things work but obviously that isn't the case since so many of the same old questions and threads get revived and people STILL aren't reading the STICKIES and FAQs that cover this stuff already! You newbies have a LOT more to work with that's offered free to you than I did when I stumbled across the boards almost four years ago now. It's night and day difference between early 2009 and late 2013. There's no excuse for people being ignorant about basic compatibility issues or starting new threads about "what's the best joystick to buy"?
    Sigh, if only people actually learned to read before posting. All that work putting that Info Thread seems to have gone to waste.
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Neither Sony, MS, or Nintendo really want backwards compatibility on their systems. They have so much money tied up in the next gen's that they want to maximize the money they're going to get from us for those new systems ASAP. MS and Sony are already selling systems at a loss so why make the PS4 and XBone backwards compatible with existing controller hardware?

    All this talk about PS3 hardware working on the PS4's or vice-versa... well, so far A) it's only the DS4 controllers with USB cables working on PS3's which defeats the whole wireless point of the pads and B) it's only the development kits for the PS4 where the PS3 joysticks are compatible. With no immediate PS4 fighters planned and no PS4 joysticks in-stores, it makes sense that the development kits work with the available hardware, right? That doesn't translate into the final PS4 games working with PS3 joysticks, however!

    Just don't expect this to be the case with the production/store-bought PS4. As more Sony fans are finding out as details of the final PS4 configuration get leaked out, Sony learned plenty of lessons from MS's experience with the 360 so expect the hardware lockout/security chips for the PS4 peripherals. Sony has no reason to be generous to the consumer -- any more than MS has been -- and allow past-gen devices to work on the new systems. That's not the way it works with game consoles. You're free to sell all your old games, old controllers, and systems; just don't come crying back here when you find out you actually miss something you got rid of for a song and change!

    You have 2 years left on the PS3 and XBox 360 before the systems are "officially dead." That won't happen overnight, and certainly not because of Killer Instinct or anything else getting released later this year. The transition will happen just like it did last gen because of system acceptance issues and the availability of quality software that makes people want to jump ship... The software for this past gen -- fighting game-wise, and in bulk by the genre -- arguably wasn't available until after '09 when SFIV shipped. I certainly don't recall any other piece of software on the 360/PS3 generating as much buzz for fighting games and selling as many joysticks as that did, and that was Year 3 for the PS3 and Year 4 for the XBox 360!
    As Sony has already stated, whether or not older hardware will work on the PS4 is in the hands of the developers. In other words, if the developers want it to work, then they can do so. Precedent for this has already been set on the PS3 where GT5 came with drivers for specific steering wheels As stated above, Injustice Ultimate Edition will most likely support the PDP/Qanba Battle Edition stick (or add it later on in a patch). Also, if the rumours are true and USFIV for the PS4 is being announced tomorrow, they'll most likely add in support for certain current gen sticks.

    EDIT: I never realized @Mike_Z made some really insightful posts on my front page article on this.
    Mike_Z wrote:
    "Developer's choice on PS4" beats "no compatibility from 360 to XBone at all" though. No?
    Mike_Z wrote:
    I've been a game developer for over ten years, and I'd certainly invest the time necessary to ensure the peripherals owned by the vast majority of my players will work rather than require that people buy a new console, my game, AND a new stick. Especially if it would take, say, less than a week of work...but I can only even invest that time on the single console that gives me the option to have older sticks work.

    I would also advise any company I'm consulting for to do the same - a bigger playerbase is never a bad thing, and you're more likely to sell a copy of the game to someone who can use an input device they already own. It's easier to stomach a $60 or $20 game than a $200 stick.

    That's not to say that there are game companies run by people who don't think that way, but they wouldn't continue to if it indicated they may lose money. If SG2 were to support this and SF5 didn't that would be news, and at the very least I'd bet SSF5 would add it.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • ntrinsikntrinsik Joined: Posts: 15
    Not just sticks either. The $400 Fanatec wheel I got for Forza is now useless for future Forza games and guess what, not buying the new one.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭
    ntrinsik wrote: »
    Not just sticks either. The $400 Fanatec wheel I got for Forza is now useless for future Forza games and guess what, not buying the new one.

    Oh boo hoo! My SNES controllers don't work on my PS4 let me go cry a river!!!

    The entitlement mentality of the FGC baffles the shit out of me.

    You bought an accessory for 360 or PS3. It is guaranteed to work on the PS3 and 360, and it does. Expecting it to magically work on some new hardware is retarded. Would it be cool? Sure. But it's nothing to whine about when it doesn't.
  • ntrinsikntrinsik Joined: Posts: 15
    That's not even it. From a business perspective I understand the reasoning behind it. Sorry I wasn't trying to whine, just simply sharing my reasoning for not going with the upgrade. In any event it'll probably work for the PS4 due to how Sony has given authority to the developers and how they haven't closed off the third parties.
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 46
    Thanks for the answers and thoughts guys. Just gonna have to wait to see if it works.

    I just asked a simple questions to see if a PS3 stick registers/ works on ps4 games/menus etc..

    That George C dude needs to chill..
    Mans going on some long elitist rant.

    There will be fighting games on Ps4.
    For example Injustice, older ps2/ps3 games and hopefully USF4.

    Why is he getting so uptight about someone planning for the next-gen change over?

    Trying to say people don't understand "basics" just for asking valid unanswered questions.
    Rah..calm down!!



  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭
  • DinoraurDinoraur Joined: Posts: 19
    purbeast wrote: »
    ntrinsik wrote: »
    Not just sticks either. The $400 Fanatec wheel I got for Forza is now useless for future Forza games and guess what, not buying the new one.

    Oh boo hoo! My SNES controllers don't work on my PS4 let me go cry a river!!!

    The entitlement mentality of the FGC baffles the shit out of me.

    You bought an accessory for 360 or PS3. It is guaranteed to work on the PS3 and 360, and it does. Expecting it to magically work on some new hardware is retarded. Would it be cool? Sure. But it's nothing to whine about when it doesn't.

    When pretty much everything is USB these days, it's not totally unreasonable to expect accessories to work.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with a universal connector and data protocols, there are still drivers and security lockouts in place. USB is just a 4 pin connector and some minor transmission protocols, it does not mean the system the controller plugged into would work.
    Its why PS3 Round 1 TEs don't work on some PCs, the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers are not cross compatible (unless its dual modded), Its why we even have dual-mods in the first place.

    We all went though the same Drama with the PS3 and Xbox 360 that we are going now with the PS4 and Xbone.
    Everyone too spoiled with how things were with the PS2.

    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,746 mod
    I love how everyone and their mother is IGNORING THE GODDAMN ORIGINAL POST! The one where SONY SAYS THAT DEVELOPERS CAN ALLOW PS3 STICKS TO WORK!

    In other words THE GAME HAS TO ALLOW THEM (the same way GT5 on the PS3 allows certain wheels that the PS3 doesn't natively support to work, i.e. the drivers are on the game).

    In other words, THEY WILL NOT WORK OUTSIDE THOSE GAMES. Not on the new dashboard, not with any other apps that may be running.

    Also, on a related note, let's not forget that AT LEAST ONE FIGHTING GAME DEVELOPER HAS STATED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS (enable PS3 sticks) AND THAT DOING SO MAKES SENSE FOR OTHER DEVS AS WELL. Not to mention our friendly neighborhood MadCatz exec saying that THEY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AS WELL.

    Fucking pissing me off.

    Thread gets locked if any more ignorance gets posted.
  • DinoraurDinoraur Joined: Posts: 19
    d3v wrote: »
    I love how everyone and their mother is IGNORING THE GODDAMN ORIGINAL POST! The one where SONY SAYS THAT DEVELOPERS CAN ALLOW PS3 STICKS TO WORK!

    In other words THE GAME HAS TO ALLOW THEM (the same way GT5 on the PS3 allows certain wheels that the PS3 doesn't natively support to work, i.e. the drivers are on the game).

    In other words, THEY WILL NOT WORK OUTSIDE THOSE GAMES. Not on the new dashboard, not with any other apps that may be running.

    Also, on a related note, let's not forget that AT LEAST ONE FIGHTING GAME DEVELOPER HAS STATED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS (enable PS3 sticks) AND THAT DOING SO MAKES SENSE FOR OTHER DEVS AS WELL. Not to mention our friendly neighborhood MadCatz exec saying that THEY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AS WELL.

    Fucking pissing me off.

    Thread gets locked if any more ignorance gets posted.

    Who are you screaming at?
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    d3v wrote: »
    AT LEAST ONE FIGHTING GAME DEVELOPER HAS STATED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS

    Who?
    Not to mention our friendly neighborhood MadCatz exec saying that THEY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AS WELL.

    Yeah markman is great
    Post edited by nsc on
    PSN: iamnsc -- GG AC+R -- Casual Corner: T6, P4A, CvS2, 3Soe, Skullgirls, BBCP
    Steam: nsc -- USFIV -- Casual Corner: KOF XIII, Skullgirls
    Ontario, Canada
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way I see it, there no reason to panic.

    As D3v stated its up to each developer how controllers will work.
    Either way I see it as a non-issue. Its good Sony giving this right to the developers.
    But if a Developer decides not to support something, it isn't the end of the world.

    I see it as my sticks will work as is, or I have to do some modding. Non-issue to me, I like tinkering with stuff.
    I been tinkering with stuff since infancy. No really ask my parents, they tell you how somehow I got a butter knife or a screw driver from a place they though it was secure and here I am dismantling the electrical socket before I knew how to talk.
    ntrinsik wrote: »
    Not just sticks either. The $400 Fanatec wheel I got for Forza is now useless for future Forza games and guess what, not buying the new one.
    Isn't Forza a XBox exclusive? This is a Sony thread.
    Dinoraur wrote: »
    Who are you screaming at?
    Don't push his buttons, he is a mod.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What confuses me most is racing gamers getting mad about steering wheel incompatibilities, that's been something EVERY console generation, if you're not on PC then what do you expect?

    Also, racing fans get shit on even more than fighting game fans (excluding capcom dumps since they love shitting on their fans)
    PSN: iamnsc -- GG AC+R -- Casual Corner: T6, P4A, CvS2, 3Soe, Skullgirls, BBCP
    Steam: nsc -- USFIV -- Casual Corner: KOF XIII, Skullgirls
    Ontario, Canada
  • PortaljackerPortaljacker Joined: Posts: 105
    So what we need is for someone to test Injustice on PS4 with some sticks. I'd love to know if my SFxT VS will work.
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,746 mod
    edited November 2013
    nsc wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    AT LEAST ONE FIGHTING GAME DEVELOPER HAS STATED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS

    Who?
    Mike_Z
    nsc wrote: »
    What confuses me most is racing gamers getting mad about steering wheel incompatibilities, that's been something EVERY console generation, if you're not on PC then what do you expect?

    Also, racing fans get shit on even more than fighting game fans (excluding capcom dumps since they love shitting on their fans)
    Because GT5 actually patched in support for multiple racing wheels. I recall my G25 wasn't supported at launch, but a patch took care of that.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    So what we need is for someone to test Injustice on PS4 with some sticks. I'd love to know if my SFxT VS will work.


    oddly enough, arcadeshock just boasted something about their new Hori stick being sold for $99 as being PS4 capable. No idea if their full of shit, but they claim someone at sony tried it and worked, but supplied no other details on what the circumstances actually were. lol. Either way $99 for a brand new stick isn't bad though.
    Post edited by Phreakazoid on
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • PortaljackerPortaljacker Joined: Posts: 105
    So what we need is for someone to test Injustice on PS4 with some sticks. I'd love to know if my SFxT VS will work.


    oddly enough, arcadeshock just boasted something about their new Hori stick being sold for $99 as being PS4 capable. No idea if their full of shit, but they claim someone at sony tried it and worked, but supplied no other details on what the circumstances actually were. lol. Either way $99 for a brand new stick isn't bad though.

    Oh well. PC version for me whenever it goes on sale. Or whenever the TE2 comes out on PS4.
  • IsopIsop Oldschooler Joined: Posts: 45
    FWIW, the ps2 t5 stick w/ an ebay usb adapter doesn't work with injustice, lol.

    I'm curious how the ps360 pcb's and the like will fare.
    "Vitor Belforts bjj is like the nucleus of an atom; people say it exists, but no ones actually seen it."
  • decoybdecoyb Joined: Posts: 23
    I didn't get any response from the VSHG or HRAP V3 SA in Injustice. Hopefully they'll patch support in later.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkMan wrote: »
    I have that exact Hori stick and Injustice for PS4. Will test tonight.

    Wouldn't you be able to test every stick and 6 button pad MadCatz has?
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3v wrote: »
    Mike_Z

    Sorry, I'm out of the loop, is skullgirls going to be on ps4, or is he making skullgirls2.

    Also he's probably the only developer that cares about the FGC, even though the FGC hates his game.


    Also the NRS stick doesn't work for injustice? lol
    PSN: iamnsc -- GG AC+R -- Casual Corner: T6, P4A, CvS2, 3Soe, Skullgirls, BBCP
    Steam: nsc -- USFIV -- Casual Corner: KOF XIII, Skullgirls
    Ontario, Canada
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,072 mod
    I'm not going to test the MCZ products because I know that they don't work (as I've mentioned many times before). I am only testing that specific Hori stick because it was claimed to work.

    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

    Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkMan wrote: »
    I'm not going to test the MCZ products because I know that they don't work (as I've mentioned many times before). I am only testing that specific Hori stick because it was claimed to work.

    Slipped my mind I guess.
  • gh0stxgh0stx Joined: Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    does anyone know if the hori wrap works for ps4?
    http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/controller/wrap/

    im not expecting the bluetooth/wireless mode to work though :O, but it would be great if they did lol,
    but what i want to know is the usb/wired mode :) thanks
    Post edited by gh0stx on
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.