Southern Illinois University (SIU) fighters

andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR!Joined: Posts: 389
Anyone play AE around SIU?
PSN: andeRK83
SFV Tag: baSick-

Comments

• BaldarkBaldark Joined: Posts: 30
    I live by SIUE. I've been thinking about starting a fighting game scene down here since there really isn't one, but I've been rather busy with my new job. If we can get enough members together. We can start meeting up a couple times a month.
    I say everyone who is interested should post here and we will go from there.
  • andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    Do you play on live or psn?
    Wanna get some games in?
    I play on psn, but i'm leaving for work soon. You can add me on psn if you'd like.
    baldark86.
    send me a message on srk if youre free for some games today.
    I'll add you to psn tomorrow. Hope to fight with you soon.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,773
    andeRK83 wrote: »
    Anyone play AE around SIU?

You serious man?

I'll be back around that way for a month in January. Ridgway, about 1.5 hours away from Carbondale.

Let's get some matches in, see if I can do anything against that Sagat now.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    sure thing
    Awesome, I'll get at you when I get back in the States.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    I'm back Stateside come January 10th. Let you guys know when I get a phone activated.
  • FrankedFranked Joined: Posts: 47
    Yo yo.
    I'm in the SIU area!

I play on PC, but I'm always looking to play some IRL matches on any platform you want!

Send friend request via GFWL: Minrus
    SRK hates me 'cuz I'ma baddie.
    anyone wanna game today?
    my place is open and I have a car.
    i'm willing to drive anyone thats interested in playing tonight.
  • EseifEseif Joined: Posts: 10
    gTzEKJs.png

We're having a tournament in southern Indiana coming up real soon! We'll be playing UMvC3 and SSBM. I'd love to see some Illinois players there because I know (at least in SSBM) that the skill level is pretty high there.

Check out the tournament thread here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191153/saturday-august-2nd-smashville-1-5-midwest-umvc3-and-ssbm-tournament#latest

And make sure to sign up on the Facebook event page!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/396350227171227/397666353706281/?notif_t=event_mall_reply
  • BaileyjayBaileyjay Bad Joined: Posts: 9
    Since this thread was kicked not too terribly long ago. Just tossing out that there is a small community growing in West Frankfort and Herrin not too far away from SIU in Carbondale.
    Don't mind me I'm retarded.
    Baileyjay wrote: »
    Since this thread was kicked not too terribly long ago. Just tossing out that there is a small community growing in West Frankfort and Herrin not too far away from SIU in Carbondale.

how often do you guys meet?
    when?
    where?
    edited July 2014
    Not really a set schedule. We mainly meet at a friends place in Herrin on nights people are free to play. I can link the Facebook page we started up when I get home. Sorry for the late reply.

Alright https://facebook.com/SoILFGC page just started up but we keep finding more and more people around here that play games. Last big thing that went on was a 3 day long party/tournament during the evo weekend.
    Post edited by Baileyjay on
    Baileyjay wrote: »

Man, if only WF was building up while I was still in Harrisburg.

Going to join your FB group. I'll be back in SoIL for the winter.
    That isn't very far from me at all. I'll join that facebook when i get home from work.
    Been busy and we have not had anything going on as of late due to classes starting again for most of us but it's good to see that more people are interested.
  • FoxyFoxy Joined: Posts: 12
    Baileyjay is the man. :) Yeah the only way we're gonna level up the midwest is if we start playing locally more often.
    I'd be down
    Hit me up sometime, brother! I've been lazy since not many players in the area and school makes it hard to travel.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    edited February 2015
    A2QPUy4.png

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
    The Spring Showdown will take place on Saturday April 11th, 2015 in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
    Holiday Inn Downtown Des Moines - 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50314

REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
    ---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 28th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---
    any new blood in southern illinois?
    I'm still here! lol
    Add me on ps4.
    Fighter ID: BaSick-
    I'll be back for a month in July. Let's get some games in!
    I'm at work at this time. I'll add you when I get home.
  • KitoriKitori おーほほほほ Joined: Posts: 864
    anyone near Springfield?
    Twitch Stream: http://bit.ly/HiYCld
    There's a facebook group for FGC boys at SIU Carbondale. I don't know how much interest there is for that but it's not a bad little group.
    Foxy wrote: »
    There's a facebook group for FGC boys at SIU Carbondale. I don't know how much interest there is for that but it's not a bad little group.

Can you provide a link?
    I could only find a group for smash players.
    Looks like you found it man. :)
    edited April 2016
    Well if anyone is interested in starting weekly or bi-weekly casuals in Springfield, I have a location downtown where we can host and have a ton of room to meet up and have a few set ups. Let me know if this is something you guys would like to do.

Edit: casuals not tournaments
    Post edited by Kitori on
    I'm picking up XrdR and a ps4 pretty soon if anyone in the springifeld area wants to get casuals in or in SFV too.