Kaimana RGB LED Board thread, RGB animations and more! SRK Tech Talk 2013 Product of the Year!

Comments

• turboroseturborose Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys... can anyone help.. I'm slightly new to all this joystick business and I've just brought a brook fighting board and kaimana mini with 8 leds to go with it...

The problem I'm having is if u press a button a different one lights up and some buttons don't light at all!?

But... if you move the joystick the punch buttons light up!?

All 8 leds are on the 4 punch and 4 kick buttons

Any help would be much appreciated
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 455
    edited June 27
    turborose wrote: »
    Hey guys... can anyone help.. I'm slightly new to all this joystick business and I've just brought a brook fighting board and kaimana mini with 8 leds to go with it...

The problem I'm having is if u press a button a different one lights up and some buttons don't light at all!?

Aaaand i skimmed the comment too fast, I got this mixed up with another request i got sorry!

This needs the new Kaimana code loaded into it, install the Arduino IDE, download the files HERE and load it into the Kaimana. This code expects the leds to go in this order:

KAIMANA->LED-K1->LED_K2->LED_K3->LED_K4->LED-P4->LED_P3->LED-P2->LED_P1

So make sure you have them in that order and you should not have any other isseus!

The below is good info anyways:
    Apologies for the delay,

First thing is, have you used any tool to update the kaimana code? If you have not updated/modified the code on the kaimana in any way then your issue is just the placement of the LEDS under the buttons. It seems silly but the default kaimana setup has a specific order, the best way to do it is press a button and put the LED that lit up under it.

The Kaimana has its own button order and does not communicate in anyway with your stick's PCB so it doesn't know that LED1 is the P1, so you have to sort out your Kaimana wiring setup first (eg, do i want the punches first then the kicks?). The kaimana only knows it has 8 LEDS connected in order 1-8.

If you dont want to do it the easy way, then you have to do it the more complicated way, which is download the files HERE, then go inside the libraries option and open the kaimana_custom.h file. Once in here you can define a new LED order that corresponds to your particular wiring setup and load it using the Arduino IDE

Again I would just open up the stick then physically change the leds, it will save you the hassle if you are not interested in going into the code. :smile:
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • Cesar_ceesCesar_cees Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello!

Does anyone know where I can purchase Kaimana Mini LED Driver PCB, other than on paradise arcade?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,471
    Cesar_cees wrote: »
    Hello!

Does anyone know where I can purchase Kaimana Mini LED Driver PCB, other than on paradise arcade?

Considering that Paradise arcade developed the board?
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Cesar_cees wrote: »
    Hello!

It is not available anywhere else at the moment.
    I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
  • HQ-ZeroHQ-Zero Joined: Posts: 1
    If I mount the Paradise Kaimana Mini LED Driver PCB onto the 20 pin port of the Brook Universal Fighting Board. Would I be able to connect The arcade Shock Quick Connect 20 pin harness ontop of it? I noticed the Kaimana has a 20 pin port ontop of it.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/quick-connect-20-pin-harness-for-fight-sticks
    HQ-Zero wrote: »
    If I mount the Paradise Kaimana Mini LED Driver PCB onto the 20 pin port of the Brook Universal Fighting Board. Would I be able to connect The arcade Shock Quick Connect 20 pin harness ontop of it? I noticed the Kaimana has a 20 pin port ontop of it.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/quick-connect-20-pin-harness-for-fight-sticks

Yes you can! The main drawback is that the stacked connectors can cause the pcb sandwich to get a bit tall. So make sure is still fits inside the stick after the fact.
    I mod so you can play!
    More code ready! this time its the 6 button variants! And easy to download links! (ps Menu stands for Start/Select/Home LEDS)

6btns with joystick and menu

6btns with joystick no menu

6btns only

8btns with joystick and menu

8btns only

8btns no joystick with menu

8btns with joystick no menu
    I mod so you can play!
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 505
    edited July 22
    @JRDIBBS @Jasen Hicks

So I'm installing the Paradise Kaimana mini into a Panzer fight stick 3 hitbox with brook UFB. I followed the directions on the paradise Youtube video but the stick won't power up with the Kaimana board in it. I got it to power up once by hooking up the micro USB to the Kaimana and everything came on but some buttons weren't working. Like options and 1K. What am I doing wrong? Please see the screenshots below for how I have it hooked up. Thanks for your help in advance.
    hrde9g.jpg
    bjcu4z.jpg

Edit: Also, when it does power up with the micro USB in it, and I try to upload the code, it says "cannot set state for \\Com3" or something to that effect. What gives? I used the Hitbox code generator.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,333
    edited July 22
    This isn't an issue with the Panzer. It seems like its a power draw problem and/or a connection issue with the Kaimana Mini. Nothing I can do to help as the only thing that draws power in the Panzer is the Brook UFB; 5V isn't connected anywhere in the EZ BUILD board.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    This isn't an issue with the Panzer. It seems like its a power draw problem and/or a connection issue with the Kaimana Mini. Nothing I can do to help as the only thing that draws power in the Panzer is the Brook UFB; 5V isn't connected anywhere in the EZ BUILD board.

@Jasen Hicks But do I have to connect power any way to the Kaimana mini from the UFB? Or is the 20 pin connection enough?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,333
    Its connected via the 20P connector.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    @Jasen Hicks is the Kaimana Khameleon code generator supposed to work with the mini as well? I keep getting code errors when I try to verify it now. Also, the board wouldn't stay on until I switched from the Pro Cable I just got today back to the switchcraft USB connection. Not sure if that's where the power issue lies. But figured I'd note it. @JRDIBBS Why doesn't the code work as done on the Hitbox Generator website?
    This is the error I'm getting when trying to use the webkit Hitbox code: Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

panzer2kaimana\animations.cpp.o: In function `animation_idle()':
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_idle()'
    animations.cpp.o:C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build1767922878418808822.tmp/animations.cpp:39: first defined here
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_1()'
    animations.cpp.o:C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build1767922878418808822.tmp/animations.cpp:39: first defined here
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_2()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_3()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_4()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_5()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/animations.cpp:39: multiple definition of `animation_combo_6()'
    panzer2kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o: In function `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)'
    kaimana.cpp.o:C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build1767922878418808822.tmp/kaimana.cpp:71: first defined here
    panzer2kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o: In function `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::updateALL()'
    kaimana.cpp.o:C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build1767922878418808822.tmp/kaimana.cpp:71: first defined here
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::setALL(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistoryClear()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::Kaimana()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::Kaimana()'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistorySet(unsigned int)'
    C:\Users\michael.harris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\panzer2kaimana/kaimana.cpp:71: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistoryTest(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    After enabling code folding in Arduino, I got past that error, but now I'm getting this: Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\animations.cpp -o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\animations.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\kaimana.cpp -o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\panzer2kaimana.cpp -o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\panzer2kaimana.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\wiring_pulse.S -o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\hooks.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\abi.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\CDC.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HID.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\main.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\new.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Print.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Stream.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Tone.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WString.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\hooks.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\abi.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\CDC.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\HID.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\main.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\new.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Print.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Stream.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\Tone.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\WString.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/panzer2kaimana.cpp.elf C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\animations.cpp.o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp\panzer2kaimana.cpp.o C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/core.a -LC:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp -lm

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/panzer2kaimana.cpp.elf C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/panzer2kaimana.cpp.eep

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/panzer2kaimana.cpp.elf C:\Users\MICHAE~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\build7863618901822594834.tmp/panzer2kaimana.cpp.hex

Sketch uses 14,304 bytes (49%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.

Global variables use 368 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,192 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM8"

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
    edited July 23
    After enabling code folding in Arduino, I got past that error, but now I'm getting this: Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"
    snip

Hello @VarmintBaby!

Lets take the issues one by one,

Power issue:
    I'm assuming that you are using a hitbox and powering 12 LEDs should not be a problem for a good USB port.

Like @Jasen Hicks mentions, it seems the Mini is not getting enough power from the 20p connector, how long is the cable from the ufb to the console? Have you tried a different cable? A different Console/PC?

Can you connect only 1 LED and see if it works? That will point to the connection not having enough power.

Arduino not loading code and other errors:

Could you update your Arduino version? Jasens code has worked for me without issues in the past.
    I mod so you can play!
    Finally got it working after hours of dicking around yesterday. Long story short, the 20pin on the Kaimana mini sucks, just use the posts on the brook ufb. My mac was the only computer in the house that would upload to the board. The hitbox webkit would only activate the buttons the opposite way. So on the site it say select colors for activated buttons, I had to do the opposite to get the buttons to light up the way I wanted. So "activated" would be all black and "not activated" I would choose my light up color. Weird. Also one of the J2s was faulty so I just decided to make the 8 action buttons light up instead of the other 4 directional. It was a pain in the ass. I'll order other j2s later to do that part but I'm done with this for now. I wish PAS would test the J2s before sending them out. Also the 8 action buttons are working when powered by the Jasens customs pro cable. It wouldn't at first but I think it had something to do with that faulty J2. Anyway later.
    Finally got it working after hours of dicking around yesterday. Long story short, the 20pin on the Kaimana mini sucks, just use the posts on the brook ufb. My mac was the only computer in the house that would upload to the board. The hitbox webkit would only activate the buttons the opposite way. So on the site it say select colors for activated buttons, I had to do the opposite to get the buttons to light up the way I wanted. So "activated" would be all black and "not activated" I would choose my light up color. Weird. Also one of the J2s was faulty so I just decided to make the 8 action buttons light up instead of the other 4 directional. It was a pain in the ass. I'll order other j2s later to do that part but I'm done with this for now. I wish PAS would test the J2s before sending them out. Also the 8 action buttons are working when powered by the Jasens customs pro cable. It wouldn't at first but I think it had something to do with that faulty J2. Anyway later.

Glad to hear you got it working, if you have any questions don't hesitate to send them over.
    I mod so you can play!
    edited July 26
    @JRDIBBS Hey, the Kaimana mini and J2s setup. Are the J2's capable of any color on the RGB spectrum? I've been trying to get orange going on two buttons and it comes out as a yellowish white. I changed them to red for now which seems to work perfectly. Please let me know the answer to that question. Thanks sir!

Edit: BTW I got my last 4 LEDs for the directions on my Hitbox and it went in without a hitch now that I know what to do. One last thing I'd mention is that on MAC, when I first verified the code on a new MAC system, it wouldn't verify. It kept giving a path to a temp directory in /var/folders/....etc in the compiler error message. I had to delete that entire temp folder then the code would verify. Hopefully that helps someone else out.
    Also @JRDIBBS besides the question I had above. How do I get "animations" to play out with certain inputs? I see in the file that gets downloaded from the Kaimana webkit code that Hadouken and Hurricane kicks are defined, but they don't play out when I press those buttons on my hitbox. What do I need to do to get that stuff working?
    @JRDIBBS Hey, the Kaimana mini and J2s setup. Are the J2's capable of any color on the RGB spectrum? I've been trying to get orange going on two buttons and it comes out as a yellowish white. I changed them to red for now which seems to work perfectly.

In the Kaimana.h file there is a section defining colors where you see the below:
    #define  ORANGE   220,127,000

Those three values are the Red,Green,Blue values for the color, you can mess around with the red and green to get the shade of orange you want. I've been reading on led color theory and its a whole field of study lol.
    Also @JRDIBBS besides the question I had above. How do I get "animations" to play out with certain inputs? I see in the file that gets downloaded from the Kaimana webkit code that Hadouken and Hurricane kicks are defined, but they don't play out when I press those buttons on my hitbox. What do I need to do to get that stuff working?

In the kaimana_custom.h for the default codebase (I have to look to confirm if jasen based this particular file the original code) there's a section defining the COMBO_PATTERNS (for when Ryu is standing on the left side of the screen). Here you can see how moves are defined. The moves are read backwards so hadouken is:
    <<<-------------------------------------------<<<<<<Read this way <<<<<------------------------------------------------

#define  COMBO_PATTERN_1A    ATTACK_RIGHT + ATTACK_P1, ATTACK_RIGHT, ATTACK_DOWN + ATTACK_RIGHT, ATTACK_DOWN

The detection system is not 100% polished so you have to enter QCR+LP VERY deliberately, I've stayed away from working with these animations until i can think of a different detection system.
    I mod so you can play!
    edited July 29
    @JRDIBBS Ok thanks. I got the LED to an orange-ish color even though it wasn't the exact color code from a Google search for "Orange RGB color code". I guess the LEDs are their own thing in how you have to mix to define the colors. But for the animations, I'm using a Hitbox so could that be the reason why the animations aren't playing? I know you said you have to enter the inputs deliberately. I mean the fireball comes out in game but the motion doesn't seem to trigger the animation. I moved the animation code to kaimana_custom.h from the "example code" that you can download from the master.zip files on that one website. I moved it into the webkit downloaded code but it still doesn't work. Is the Kaimana mini even cable of this feature or is that only for the full fledged Kaimana or Khameleon? Lemme know dude. Thanks for you help again.

Edit: Or maybe does @armi0024 know?
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
  • F8L_ERRORF8L_ERROR Certified Hobo Joined: Posts: 18
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    turborose wrote: »

Aaaand i skimmed the comment too fast, I got this mixed up with another request i got sorry!

This needs the new Kaimana code loaded into it, install the Arduino IDE, download the files HERE and load it into the Kaimana. This code expects the leds to go in this order:

KAIMANA->LED-K1->LED_K2->LED_K3->LED_K4->LED-P4->LED_P3->LED-P2->LED_P1

So make sure you have them in that order and you should not have any other issues!

The below is good info anyways:
    Apologies for the delay,

First thing is, have you used any tool to update the kaimana code? If you have not updated/modified the code on the kaimana in any way then your issue is just the placement of the LEDS under the buttons. It seems silly but the default kaimana setup has a specific order, the best way to do it is press a button and put the LED that lit up under it.

The Kaimana has its own button order and does not communicate in anyway with your stick's PCB so it doesn't know that LED1 is the P1, so you have to sort out your Kaimana wiring setup first (eg, do i want the punches first then the kicks?). The kaimana only knows it has 8 LEDS connected in order 1-8.

If you dont want to do it the easy way, then you have to do it the more complicated way, which is download the files HERE, then go inside the libraries option and open the kaimana_custom.h file. Once in here you can define a new LED order that corresponds to your particular wiring setup and load it using the Arduino IDE

Again I would just open up the stick then physically change the leds, it will save you the hassle if you are not interested in going into the code. :smile:

I have the same issue except the the joystick part, I'm using the Madcatz Xbox One TE2 with the EZ mod kit. I used the Kaimana Khameleon web kit to program the LED's but they don't light properly. I went over the post and having trouble trying to update the Kaimana mini and I'm not adept in coding. Now the issue is that, I went to the links posted but I don't see a download for the files, do i copy an paste the code to the existing one or use Arduino 1.6.5 or 1.6.11. I also tried update using the library but i didn't know what to look for there, so I was stuck and confused all around got all kind or error doing it. I tried searching for tutorials but no luck I would like to learn some coding but i don't have the time like I used to due to my job, if anyone has in depth tutorial or video tutorial I would gladly appreciate it. I also included a video to see if it help, i could also post a pic of the wiring to see if i have it properly placed.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    F8L_ERROR wrote: »
    snip*

I corrected the downloads in a comment right on this page, I've quoted it below. These downloads include everything you need to load code into the Kaimana.
    More code ready! this time its the 6 button variants! And easy to download links! (ps Menu stands for Start/Select/Home LEDS)

6btns with joystick and menu

6btns with joystick no menu

6btns only

8btns with joystick and menu

8btns only

8btns no joystick with menu

8btns with joystick no menu

Please take time to read thru the readme.md file included in the download you choose, they hold important infomation on how your wiring should be setup.
    I mod so you can play!
    edited August 2
    Please take time to read thru the readme.md file included in the download you choose, they hold important infomation on how your wiring should be setup.
    I don't think my issue is the wiring (8button no Joy/no Menu) I never had that issue, take a look to see if it's wrong so I can change it.
    20170802_074848.jpg
    My issue now is uploading the code I went trough the steps of adding it to the library, then i tried uploading it (I don't know if i did it right) but then i got this error
    Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\main.cpp: In function 'main':

sketch\kaimana.cpp:71:24: warning: iteration 16 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

_led[index].r = iR;

^

sketch\animations.cpp:146:7: note: containing loop

for(i=0;i<=LED_COUNT;++i)

^

sketch\kaimana.cpp:91:27: warning: iteration 15 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

_led[index+ 1].r = iR;

^

sketch\animations.cpp:315:4: note: containing loop

for(index=0;index<LED_COUNT;++index)

^

sketch\kaimana.cpp:88:24: warning: iteration 16 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

_led[index].r = iR;

^

sketch\animations.cpp:280:3: note: containing loop

for(index=0;index<=LED_COUNT;++index)

^

sketch\kaimana.cpp: In function 'setALL.constprop':

sketch\kaimana.cpp:91:27: warning: iteration 15 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

_led[index+ 1].r = iR;

^

sketch\kaimana.cpp:103:3: note: containing loop

for(index=0;index<LED_COUNT;++index)

^

Sketch uses 14,630 bytes (51%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
    Global variables use 370 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,190 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

option enabled in File -> Preferences.
    I tried 2 different ways and got 2 different errors and both were a conflict with the old code I used with the Kaimana Khameleon web kit (used 1.6.5 IDE) which the file name for the code was in the report, I think (99% I'm wrong about this) or I uploaded it wrong. The read me files only showed me how to config the animations, not how to upload it. Can you show me the step by step on how to upload it properly? I hope you guys aren't frustrated by this as I am, I've been trying to get this fixed for months.

Edit: Could the moledcule chrome app fix this problem? just a thought
    Post edited by F8L_ERROR on
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR Have you tried this code with Arduino 1.6.5? That is really the version you should be using. For me I had a time with it on a Saturday when I got the kit. I used the Kaimana Webkit, but I was getting errors pointing to a temp folder in /Users/"myusername"/Appdata, etc. I deleted that whole build.somethingorother folder and the code would verify. Make sure the code folder is in the Documents/Arduiono/Libraries folder also. Also if you have a MAC I suggest using that as it's alot more trouble free than the PC version imho.

Edit: Also I wouldn't trust that moledcule app. From what people are saying in it's thread on here... it sucks.
    @VarmintBaby I just tried using Arduino 1.6.5 and put the code in the library and when I tried to verify I got this
    Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

animations.cpp: In function 'void walkyIdle(int, int, int)':
    animations.cpp:228: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]
    return(false);
    ^
    return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]

enabled in File > Preferences.
    so, I don't what I'm doing wrong.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    @F8L_ERROR In the preferences, enable "Code Folding" and on the show verbose whatever, check "compilation". This is what worked for me. Try verifying the code first before uploading. You want the verify to complete without errors. Use 1.6.5
    edited August 3
    @VarmintBaby I am using 1.6.5 I've done everything that you posted and I got this, I haven't uploaded it the code because of the errors. By the way I'm using PC, I don't have a MAC or access to one.
    Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Using library Kaimana in folder: C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana (legacy)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp.o

C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp: In function 'void walkyIdle(int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp:228:17: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]
    return(false);
    ^
    Error compiling.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR Go to that folder and delete it like I said before: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp So you're gonna be in the "Temp" folder and delete that build3187yaddayadda folder in Windows Explorer.... make sure you folder options are set to show hidden files and folders. You won't see the "Appdata" folder if it's not enabled. If you don't, Google "How to show hidden files and folders in Windows 7" or whatever version you're using..

Try again and let me know if it verifies...
    @VarmintBaby I didn't think about the hidden files, but I did delete the folder although it was a different name file because I made a new one but when I verified and I got this. Is that normal?
    Could not write build preferences file
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build279676669228422146.tmp\J2s.cpp (The system cannot find the path specified)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.preprocess(Compiler.java:1271)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.preprocess(Compiler.java:1231)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:359)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:122)
    at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1109)
    at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1084)
    at processing.app.Editor$BuildHandler.run(Editor.java:1955)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.adviseDuplicateLibraries(Compiler.java:478)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:129)
    at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1109)
    at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1084)
    at processing.app.Editor$BuildHandler.run(Editor.java:1955)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR Close Arduino and re-open in. I think that's how you fix that. Make sure the folder didn't come back. If it did delete it first, close Arduino, re-open it and try to verify again.
    edited August 3
    @VarmintBaby I delete it and close it and it just makes another temp file every time I verify and if close Arduino before I delete the file it disappears. sorry i take too long to respond I'm watching The Office.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR You know what. Are you using the panzer2kaimana folder? That file says J2.cpp which is the name of the file in the master.zip that you download from that one site. The webkit should be panzer2kaimana (the arduino file you can double click and open) . Make sure to uninstall 1.6.11 or whatever. Only have 1.6.5 installed. Make sure the only files in the /MyDocuments/Arduino/libraries folder is the panzer2kaimana folder with the rigth files that came in the zip from the webkit download.
    @VarmintBaby yes I'm using 1.6.5 and the same thing happen when delete the files. There is also another temp build file with a core folder in it some sketch file with dated name in a .hex format and other do i delete that too?
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @VarmintBaby yes I'm using 1.6.5 and the same thing happen when delete the files. There is also another temp build file with a core folder in it some sketch file with dated name in a .hex format and other do i delete that too?

@F8L_ERROR Copy it to your desktop then delete it. Then try again. I'm gonna go to bed now. But the main "arduino" file, the one that has the arduino shortcut logo associated with it, should be named "panzer2kaimana". Not "J2". And it should also be in that Documents folder I told you about. I'll follow up in the morning. Good luck man.
    @F8L_ERROR You know what. Are you using the panzer2kaimana folder? That file says J2.cpp which is the name of the file in the master.zip that you download from that one site. The webkit should be panzer2kaimana (the arduino file you can double click and open) . Make sure to uninstall 1.6.11 or whatever. Only have 1.6.5 installed. Make sure the only files in the /MyDocuments/Arduino/libraries folder is the panzer2kaimana folder with the rigth files that came in the zip from the webkit download.
    I'm not using the Panzer2kaimana file, but I still have the zip file just in case i needed it. So i add those to the library right (which I did) or do i move the files there?

"The Dream is Dead"
    @VarmintBaby I am using 1.6.5 I've done everything that you posted and I got this, I haven't uploaded it the code because of the errors. By the way I'm using PC, I don't have a MAC or access to one.

Using library Kaimana in folder: C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana (legacy)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp.o

C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp: In function 'void walkyIdle(int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3187076384686998506.tmp\animations.cpp:228:17: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]
    return(false);
    ^
    Error compiling.

The error is in this message, I don't know how did it even work for me when I tested it. I fixed the error you should download the 8button no Joy/no Menu once more and try it out.
    I mod so you can play!
    edited August 3
    @JRDIBBS I downloaded it again this is what happened

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\animations.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\animations.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\J2s.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\J2s.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\kaimana.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\wiring_pulse.S -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\hooks.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\abi.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\CDC.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HID.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\main.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\new.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Print.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Stream.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Tone.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WString.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\hooks.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\abi.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\CDC.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\HID.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\main.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\new.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Print.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Stream.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Tone.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\WString.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -w -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/J2s.cpp.elf C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\animations.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\J2s.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/core.a -LC:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp -lm

C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o: In function `turnOn(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `turnOn(int, int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\animations.cpp.o:C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/animations.cpp:38: first defined here
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o: In function `turnOn(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `blink(int, int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\animations.cpp.o:C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/animations.cpp:38: first defined here
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `blinkMulti(int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `blinkMultiExperimental(int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `setLEDRandomColor(int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_idle()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_idle2()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `walkyStartup(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `walkyIdle(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `walkyHoliday(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `defaultStartup()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `breatheSine(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `breatheApple(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `starryStartup(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `trackled'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `starryIdle(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `starryIdleMulti()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `tourneyModeActivate()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `tourneyModeDeactivate()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_1()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_2()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_3()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_4()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_5()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/animations.cpp:38: multiple definition of `animation_combo_6()'
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o: In function `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o:C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/kaimana.cpp:70: first defined here
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o: In function `Kaimana::setLED(int, int, int, int)':
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::setLEDBrightness(int, int, int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp\kaimana.cpp.o:C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1103008832300559783.tmp/kaimana.cpp:70: first defined here
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::updateALL()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::setALL(int, int, int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistoryClear()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::Kaimana()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::Kaimana()'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistorySet(unsigned int)'
    C:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana.cpp:70: multiple definition of `Kaimana::switchHistoryTest(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error compiling.
    like I mentioned before I don't know much about code or how properly upload it but this is how I do it and don't know if it's the correct way.
    open Arduino 1.6.5 after i upload code to the library close it >open J2ino file>goto Sketch>add file>the animation.ccp, animations.h etc.... one by one.

I still have the kaimana webkit code uploaded into it and tried it again with the kaimana web kit code by changing the load order corresponding with the wiring layout but still getting errors
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR Go to the webkit and select your colors. Redownload that (panzer2kaimana folder in Documents/Arduino/libraries) and follow everything I've said to you up to this point. It works bro. After you get the code to verify, the next thing may be getting the com port to work. I have a few tricks for that too. Lemme know bro.
    Are you extracting the folder into your arduino folder c:\users\youruser\documents\arduino? You should only need to open the ino file and the libraries will load automatically.

In short

Download the code
    Copy the libraries and 8btnblabla folder to the arduino folder
    Open the ino file that's in the 8btnblabla folder
    Load it
    I mod so you can play!
    Are you extracting the folder into your arduino folder c:\users\youruser\documents\arduino? You should only need to open the ino file and the libraries will load automatically.

In short

Download the code
    Copy the libraries and 8btnblabla folder to the arduino folder
    Open the ino file that's in the 8btnblabla folder
    Load it

this seemed to work it verified and uploaded but it didn't change my buttons it still looks like it has the old code, it didn't leave a error but i copied and this after I uploaded it

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Users\F8L ERROR\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\J2s.cpp -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\J2s.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown" -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\wiring_pulse.S -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\hooks.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\abi.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\CDC.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HID.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\main.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\new.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Print.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Stream.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Tone.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WMath.cpp.o
    Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WString.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_pulse.S.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\hooks.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\abi.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\CDC.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial0.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial1.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial2.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HardwareSerial3.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\HID.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\main.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\new.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Print.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Stream.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Tone.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WMath.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar rcs C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\WString.cpp.o
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc -w -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/J2s.cpp.elf C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\J2s.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Kaimana\animations.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp\Kaimana\kaimana.cpp.o C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/core.a -LC:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp -lm
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/J2s.cpp.elf C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/J2s.cpp.eep
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/J2s.cpp.elf C:\Users\F8LERR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build4573404915498442978.tmp/J2s.cpp.hex

Sketch uses 16,994 bytes (59%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
    Global variables use 375 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,185 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

@VarmintBaby I don't think this method is working I kept getting the same error in my last post.

I don't think it's detecting my com port for my stick but it does show up on my devices.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 3
    @F8L_ERROR If it verified you should be good to upload it. Did the buttons "pause" for a second and it said Upload complete or whatever? Did you follow Fundando's Youtube video on how to setup the LEDs in the kaimana_custom.h file? Where you number the LEDs based off how you set them up? So start with 0 and 1 on the first button you connected the LEDs to and then go by two based off how you linked the LEDs to each button. The part labeled //LED Index :

#define LED_UP 0
    #define LED_UP_B 1
    #define LED_K1 2
    #define LED_K1_B 3
    #define LED_K2 4
    #define LED_K2_B 5
    #define LED_K3 6
    #define LED_K3_B 7
    #define LED_K4 8
    #define LED_K4_B 9
    #define LED_P4 10
    #define LED_P4_B 11
    #define LED_P3 12
    #define LED_P3_B 13
    #define LED_P2 14
    #define LED_P2_B 15
    #define LED_P1 16
    #define LED_P1_B 17
    #define LED_RIGHT 18
    #define LED_RIGHT_B 19
    #define LED_DOWN 20
    #define LED_DOWN_B 21
    #define LED_LEFT 22
    #define LED_LEFT_B 23
    #define LED_SELECT 24
    #define LED_SELECT_B 25
    #define LED_HOME 26
    #define LED_HOME_B 27
    #define LED_START 28
    #define LED_START_B 29

#define LED_COUNT 30

^^^ ---This is for Hitbox, but this is the section I'm talking about. Did you number them right? Also, are your colors correct for the on and off button state sections, also under kaimana_custom.h? See below for example:

//ON BUTTON STATE
    #define LED_LEFT_COLOR_ON 255,255,255
    #define LED_DOWN_COLOR_ON 255,255,255
    #define LED_RIGHT_COLOR_ON 255,255,255
    #define LED_UP_COLOR_ON 0,255,255
    #define LED_P1_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_P2_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_P3_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_P4_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_K1_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_K2_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_K3_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_K4_COLOR_ON 0,0,0
    #define LED_SELECT_COLOR_ON 255,0,0
    #define LED_HOME_COLOR_ON 255,0,0
    #define LED_START_COLOR_ON 255,0,0

//OFF BUTTON STATE
    #define LED_LEFT_COLOR_OFF 0,0,255
    #define LED_DOWN_COLOR_OFF 0,0,255
    #define LED_RIGHT_COLOR_OFF 0,0,255
    #define LED_UP_COLOR_OFF 0,0,255
    #define LED_P1_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_P2_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_P3_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_P4_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_K1_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_K2_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_K3_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_K4_COLOR_OFF 255,255,255
    #define LED_SELECT_COLOR_OFF 255,0,0
    #define LED_HOME_COLOR_OFF 255,0,0
    #define LED_START_COLOR_OFF 255,0,0
    edited August 3
    @VarmintBaby I will try this again as soon as come back from my errand.

like i said i don't think is uploading to my device it's says it's on port com 1 but nothing changed when i tried using the 8bnojoynomenu code.20170803_173706.jpg[img][/img]20170803_173610.jpg
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 4
    @F8L_ERROR If you're using the Kaimana mini, are you plugging it into the computer with the case open and the micro usb plugged directly into the mini? If you're using the mini, I would connect both the joystick and the micro usb cable from the Kaimana mini into the PC. Where is says Ports (Com and LPT) you should be seeing the arduino leonardo board there in Device Manager. Also in the Arduino software, it will show a com port with the words"Arduino Leonardo" next to it. You can't just plug in the stick's USB and have it be detected.
    @F8L_ERROR If you're using the Kaimana mini, are you plugging it into the computer with the case open and the micro usb plugged directly into the mini? If you're using the mini, I would connect both the joystick and the micro usb cable from the Kaimana mini into the PC. Where is says Ports (Com and LPT) you should be seeing the arduino leonardo board there in Device Manager. Also in the Arduino software, it will show a com port with the words"Arduino Leonardo" next to it. You can't just plug in the stick's USB and have it be detected.

This, connect a micro usb cable to the kaimana mini directly and you should see it install, after it installs you should see it in the port menu.
    I mod so you can play!
    edited August 4
    @VarmintBaby when I first started last year it detected the port after a while when i tried to change to different colors, after that it wouldn't detect the port first I thought it was my old PC but when I got the new PC it would not detect the port but would still show as game controller. I will plug in the micro usb and hope this works. Right after my fatass eats 2 more bowls of soup.
    "The Dream is Dead"
    @VarmintBaby @JRDIBBS Ok it worked, thanks guys. I couldn't get the kaimana web kit code to work but the J2 default code worked (I'll review and try later), now the only thing I want to do is change the color but the only file it saved was the .ino file; how do i access the other files in Arduino to change the code for custom settings? Is this still the right thread for customization or is there another thread?
    "The Dream is Dead"
    edited August 4
    @VarmintBaby @JRDIBBS Ok it worked, thanks guys. I couldn't get the kaimana web kit code to work but the J2 default code worked (I'll review and try later), now the only thing I want to do is change the color but the only file it saved was the .ino file; how do i access the other files in Arduino to change the code for custom settings? Is this still the right thread for customization or is there another thread?

@F8L_ERROR You're saying when you open the .ino file, the tabs aren't there towards the top of the Ardiuno program? With Kaiama_custom.h, animations.cpp and all that? If they are there, you can click on them and make your changes. The main one you're worried about is the kaimana_custom.h where you can set the colors for on and off like I said previously. If you want a new color you may need to define it in under the kaimana.h tab where it shows the colors defined, see below for a snippet of the code you're looking for:

#define BLACK 000,000,000
    #define RED 255,000,000
    #define GREEN 000,255,000
    #define YELLOW 255,255,000
    #define BLUE 000,000,255
    #define PURPLE 255,000,255
    #define CYAN 000,255,255
    #define WHITE 255,255,255

It uses the RGB color coding system so if you want say Gold, google "Gold RGB color code" and try that. You may need to tweak it a bit as the color you want may not translate directly to the LEDs with the RGB code you find. But the general rule is the first set of numbers is red, the second set is green, and the last is blue. Giving you a code like 000,255,000 for green for example. Time to go back to pre-school when you used to mix crayon colors. LOL
    @F8L_ERROR You're saying when you open the .ino file, the tabs aren't there towards the top of the Ardiuno program? With Kaiama_custom.h, animations.cpp and all that? If they are there, you can click on them and make your changes. The main one you're worried about is the kaimana_custom.h where you can set the colors for on and off like I said previously. If you want a new color you may need to define it in under the kaimana.h tab where it shows the colors defined, see below for a snippet of the code you're looking for:

#define BLACK 000,000,000
    #define RED 255,000,000
    #define GREEN 000,255,000
    #define YELLOW 255,255,000
    #define BLUE 000,000,255
    #define PURPLE 255,000,255
    #define CYAN 000,255,255
    #define WHITE 255,255,255

It uses the RGB color coding system so if you want say Gold, google "Gold RGB color code" and try that. You may need to tweak it a bit as the color you want may not translate directly to the LEDs with the RGB code you find. But the general rule is the first set of numbers is red, the second set is green, and the last is blue. Giving you a code like 000,255,000 for green for example. Time to go back to pre-school when you used to mix crayon colors. LOL
    yes I don't see the other tabs and I am familiar with the RGB color code but I might need some help with the animations later down the line once I'm a bit familiar with it. How do i access the other tabs?
    "The Dream is Dead"