Kaimana RGB LED Board thread, RGB animations and more! SRK Tech Talk 2013 Product of the Year!

1181920212224»

Comments

• JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 454
    edited August 4
    F8L_ERROR wrote: »
    @F8L_ERROR You're saying when you open the .ino file, the tabs aren't there towards the top of the Ardiuno program? With Kaiama_custom.h, animations.cpp and all that? If they are there, you can click on them and make your changes. The main one you're worried about is the kaimana_custom.h where you can set the colors for on and off like I said previously. If you want a new color you may need to define it in under the kaimana.h tab where it shows the colors defined, see below for a snippet of the code you're looking for:

#define BLACK 000,000,000
    #define RED 255,000,000
    #define GREEN 000,255,000
    #define YELLOW 255,255,000
    #define BLUE 000,000,255
    #define PURPLE 255,000,255
    #define CYAN 000,255,255
    #define WHITE 255,255,255

It uses the RGB color coding system so if you want say Gold, google "Gold RGB color code" and try that. You may need to tweak it a bit as the color you want may not translate directly to the LEDs with the RGB code you find. But the general rule is the first set of numbers is red, the second set is green, and the last is blue. Giving you a code like 000,255,000 for green for example. Time to go back to pre-school when you used to mix crayon colors. LOL
    yes I don't see the other tabs and I am familiar with the RGB color code but I might need some help with the animations later down the line once I'm a bit familiar with it. How do i access the other tabs?

UUGH i forgot i wrote about this a while back : http://www.mightyjrmods.com/kaimana-guide/ read through it you may get new info. It mostly still applies I have to add more info.

Also more info in the Wiki: http://support.paradisearcadeshop.com/solution/folders/14000099093

The other tabs appear only when you open the files in the Arduino IDE, but you can use Notepad on your computer to edit all of these files, go to C:\Users\youruser\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana and you should be able to see them, Open one in Notepad or other editor of choice (not Word though) and go crazy!

@VarmintBaby is correct about how we define custom color usually, this saves us time from typing all 11 characters (xxx,xxx,xxx) everytime we want a color.

If you want to edit what happens on button press you modify the ino file, if you're interested in animations its all in the animations.cpp

This is the forum for everything Kaimana so feel free to post!

I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • F8L_ERRORF8L_ERROR Certified Hobo Joined: Posts: 18
    well I would like to use the Arduino IDE to edit, but the file I saved only has the ino file and when i open it there are no tabs. I could use Notepad++ to edit them but i would like to use the IDE.
    "The Dream is Dead"
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 500
    @F8L_ERROR So did you get your buttons going dude or no? Are the lighting up like you want them to on click,etc?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • vyprvypr Joined: Posts: 4
    Hi @JRDIBBS
    I was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction in the code on how to disable some extra LEDs in my setup when it's not idle.
    I'm currently using the 8btnFull layout (currently without a joystick led but I plan on adding it in the future) and I have 3 additional J2 LEDs for L3,R3, and TPAD buttons that I added to my Brooks Universal Fighting Board (via this guide https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002172943-Accessing-Touch-Pad-button-L3-R3-on-Universal-Fighting-Board). I'm aware that the Kaimana can only read the buttons that are the main 8 buttons, the stick, and the menu buttons.
    I may also rewire my setup when I add the joystick LED so the J2 wiring I have might change in the future.

I have a video below of my issue currently
    https://youtu.be/BCPUOxJ70Zo

The 3 additional J2s are in the upper right corner of the video and are the ones that aren't turning off during non idle time (sorry for the shaky cam)
    So I figured out how to get the 3 additional J2 LEDs to turn off for Tournament mode, but can't figure out where to add code to disable those 3 sets of LEDS for the L3, R3, and TPAD button. Is it maybe the switch count (even though I'm using a number of J2 LEDs more than the 15 supported switches)?

Here is how I defined the LEDs in the kaimana_custom.h file
    // Kaimana->LED_START->LED_HOME->LED_SELECT->LED_P1->LED_P2->LED_P3->LED_P4->LED_K4->LED_K3->LED_K2->LED_K1->LED_R3->LED_TPAD->LED_L3
    #define LED_P4 12
    #define LED_P4_B 13
    #define LED_P3 10
    #define LED_P3_B 11
    #define LED_P2 8
    #define LED_P2_B 9
    #define LED_P1 6
    #define LED_P1_B 7
    #define LED_JOY 0xFF
    #define LED_K4 14
    #define LED_K4_B 15
    #define LED_K3 16
    #define LED_K3_B 17
    #define LED_K2 18
    #define LED_K2_B 19
    #define LED_K1 20
    #define LED_K1_B 21
    #define LED_SELECT 4
    #define LED_SELECT_B 5
    #define LED_HOME 2
    #define LED_HOME_B 3
    #define LED_START 0
    #define LED_START_B 1
    #define LED_L3 26 //L3 J2
    #define LED_L3_B 27
    #define LED_TPAD 24 //TPAD J2
    #define LED_TPAD_B 25
    #define LED_R3 22 //R3 J2
    #define LED_R3_B 23
    #define LED_COUNT 28

I added a few lines to the tourney mode code in animation.cpp
    //Tournament mode animations
    void tourneyModeActivate(void)
    {

kaimana.setALL(RED);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K4, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P4, BLACK);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K3, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P3, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_START, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_R3, BLACK); //additional code to disable R3
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K2, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P2, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_HOME, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_TPAD, BLACK); //additional code to disable TPAD
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K1, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P1, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_SELECT, BLACK);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_L3, BLACK); //additional code to disable L3
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );
    }
    void tourneyModeDeactivate(void)
    {

kaimana.setALL(BLACK);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K1, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P1, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_SELECT, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_L3, RED); //additional code to enable R3
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K2, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P2, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_HOME, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_TPAD, RED); //additional code to enable TPAD
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K3, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P3, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_START, RED);
    kaimana.setLED(LED_R3, RED); //additional code to enable L3
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setLED(LED_K4, RED );
    kaimana.setLED(LED_P4, RED);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setALL(BLACK);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setALL(RED);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );

kaimana.setALL(BLACK);
    kaimana.updateALL();
    delay( T_DELAY );
    }
    edited August 9
    @vypr Are you good with code? Do you know how I can get animations to work on the Hitbox Kaimana code files? I think they used pretty much the same codes from the joystick file but it doesn't work when I put in the commands to get the animations to play (fireball, ultra, etc). Do you have any suggestions?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited August 9
    @vypr Are you good with code? Do you know how I can get animations to work on the Hitbox Kaimana code files? I think they used pretty much the same codes from the joystick file but it doesn't work when I put in the commands to get the animations to play (fireball, ultra, etc). Do you have any suggestions?

Not particularly, it's been over 10 years since I've done some real coding (or even looked at code), and only started looking at it again for the Kaimana in my stick.
    Is it safe for me to assume that you've compared the Hitbox layout code (from a year ago) in @JRDIBBS github and his more recent code for 8/6 button stick layouts?
    edited August 9
    Hi vypr!

I know what you issue is.

In the ino file either at the top or the bottom of the pollswitches function add one of the following for each of the leds that don't turn off;
    kaimana.setLED(YOURLEDNAME, BLACK);

Varmint, I will record a video on why the input animations do not work 100% of the time. Im on my way home but shouls have it tonight.
    I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    Hi vypr!

In the ino file either at the top or the bottom of the pollswitches function add one of the following for each of the leds that don't turn off;

Varmint, I will record a video on why the input animations do not work 100% of the time. Im on my way home but shouls have it tonight.

Thanks, I'll give that a try hopefully this evening.
    @JRDIBBS Check out this video.

It works on Hitbox, I just don't know how, neither does anyone else seem to.
    @JRDIBBS Check out this video.

It works on Hitbox, I just don't know how, neither does anyone else seem to.

That is simple to program, hes only pressing one button. The system gets complicated when you try to detect multiple sequential button presses and then do an action on it.
    I mod so you can play!
    Hi vypr!

It worked, thanks again @JRDIBBS

That is simple to program, hes only pressing one button. The system gets complicated when you try to detect multiple sequential button presses and then do an action on it.

@JRDIBBS He's pressing two buttons. I'd be happy with getting animations from that. Can you give me advice on how to program two buttons to do an animation?
  • F8L_ERRORF8L_ERROR Certified Hobo Joined: Posts: 18
    @F8L_ERROR So did you get your buttons going dude or no? Are the lighting up like you want them to on click,etc?

yes I did, thanks, right now I'm going try to work on animations but when I have time off.
    "The Dream is Dead"