Kaimana RGB LED Board thread, RGB animations and more! SRK Tech Talk 2013 Product of the Year!

Comments

• vyprvypr Joined: Posts: 4
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    Hi vypr!

I know what you issue is.

In the ino file either at the top or the bottom of the pollswitches function add one of the following for each of the leds that don't turn off;
    kaimana.setLED(YOURLEDNAME, BLACK);

Varmint, I will record a video on why the input animations do not work 100% of the time. Im on my way home but shouls have it tonight.

It worked, thanks again @JRDIBBS
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 551

That is simple to program, hes only pressing one button. The system gets complicated when you try to detect multiple sequential button presses and then do an action on it.

@JRDIBBS He's pressing two buttons. I'd be happy with getting animations from that. Can you give me advice on how to program two buttons to do an animation?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • F8L_ERRORF8L_ERROR Certified Hobo Joined: Posts: 18
    @F8L_ERROR So did you get your buttons going dude or no? Are the lighting up like you want them to on click,etc?

yes I did, thanks, right now I'm going try to work on animations but when I have time off.
    "The Dream is Dead"
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    I can't seem to be able to flash any new sketches anymore to my Kaimana Mini.
    The board still lights up my LEDs, but I cannot change the colors or order of my lights due to not being able to upload a new sketch.
    My log from Arduino 1.8.2 (Note: This also happened with older versions of the IDE):
    https://pastebin.com/KzwrmPfW
  • DandymanDandyman Joined: Posts: 4
    edited August 30
    Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem with this script code stuff as i am a bit new to this.
    Seems like the brightstick.freecade.org site is no longer working so i can't get my joystick to light up properly.
    Can anyone send me a solid Arduino Code with the common animations and all colours for my Hoku joystick and 8 buttons.
    On the script the colours could be set to any colours. I'm pretty sure i know how to change the colours myself.
    I just need a solid code for the Kaimana mini.
    Can anyone help me out here?

Maybe @JRDIBBS @D4B5 @armi0024 ?

Thanks guys.
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 469
    Dandyman wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem with this script code stuff as i am a bit new to this.
    Seems like the brightstick.freecade.org site is no longer working so i can't get my joystick to light up properly.
    Can anyone send me a solid Arduino Code with the common animations and all colours for my Hoku joystick and 8 buttons.
    On the script the colours could be set to any colours. I'm pretty sure i know how to change the colours myself.
    I just need a solid code for the Kaimana mini.
    Can anyone help me out here?

Maybe @JRDIBBS @D4B5 @armi0024 ?

Thanks guys.

this is the download you want:

8btns with joystick and menu
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    edited September 1
    Thanks @JRDIBBS for getting back to me and for the code.

I'm pretty sure I'm uploading it properly onto arduino. It keeps giving me the same error message every time and i have no idea what to write to fix it.
    The "return(false);" line is highlighted red.its in the "animations.cpp"

//light walks thru all 8 buttons
    void walkyStartup(int iR,int iG, int iB)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < LED_COUNT; i++)
    {
    if ((i==0) || ((i % 2) == 0))
    {turnOn(i, iR,iG,iB);}
    }
    }

void walkyIdle(int iR,int iG, int iB)
    {
    {
    {blink(i, iR,iG,iB);

for(int j=0;j<SWITCH_COUNT;j++)
    {
    if( !digitalRead(switchPins[j]) )
    return(false);

The error message says:

animations.cpp: In function 'void walkyIdle(int, int, int)':
    animations.cpp:228: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]
    return(false);
    ^
    return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]

I have no idea what this means. I tried to switch "false" to "true" and got the same msg.

Any idea what i should write there?
    Im using a Macbook pro

I also wanted to control the brightness if i could on the custom h page ... dosent seem to have those options there. the lights are to bright sometimes.
    Thanks @JRDIBBS for getting back to me and for the code.

I'm pretty sure I'm uploading it properly onto arduino. It keeps giving me the same error message every time and i have no idea what to write to fix it.
    The "return(false);" line is highlighted red.its in the "animations.cpp"

//light walks thru all 8 buttons
    void walkyStartup(int iR,int iG, int iB)
    {
    {
    {turnOn(i, iR,iG,iB);}
    }
    }

void walkyIdle(int iR,int iG, int iB)
    {
    {
    {blink(i, iR,iG,iB);

for(int j=0;j<SWITCH_COUNT;j++)
    {
    if( !digitalRead(switchPins[j]) )
    return(false);

The error message says:

animations.cpp: In function 'void walkyIdle(int, int, int)':
    animations.cpp:228: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]
    return(false);
    ^
    return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]

I have no idea what this means. I tried to switch "false" to "true" and got the same msg.

Any idea what i should write there?
    Im using a Macbook pro

I also wanted to control the brightness if i could on the custom h page ... dosent seem to have those options there. the lights are to bright sometimes.

Ugh sorry about that I will have a fix this afternoon. I swear I fix one thing 2 more things break. I think I fixed it locally but did not upload the new version.

Let me confirm the version I put up will have the changes and I'll tell you how you can change the brightness.

I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    edited September 1
    Thanks a lot @JRDIBBS for your help.

I could imagine how tough this code stuff could be sometimes. When i look at it all i see is the matrix lol
    Post edited by Dandyman on
    Thanks a lot @JRDIBBS for your help.

I could imagine how tough this code stuff could be sometimes. When i look at it all i see is the matrix lol

So i looked at the code and it seems the version online is up to date, which arduino IDE version are you using? I have 1.6.11, if you have a version lower than that try updating it and upload again.
    I mod so you can play!
    Thanks @JRDIBBS it worked.

I was using version 1.6.5 and 1.6.11 worked.

Is there anyway you can tell me how to control the brightness?

I'm pretty sure once I know how to do that i will have no more questions.

Thanks again man for taking the time to help me out.
  • Trainer_PurpleTrainer_Purple Joined: Posts: 1
    i recently got a kaimana Leonardo and im trying to change the colors and what not but it gives me this error;

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Emo_2\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_602617\core\core_arduino_avr_leonardo_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
    Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
    Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM5
    Using Programmer : avr109
    Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
    avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM5"

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Going Public
    Moledcule Firmware now open to the public
    check out the GitHub repo

Redux
    Kaimana Redux is open public now too
    check out the GitHub repo
    Hello Everyone!

I have come back from the cave and bring great news! The latest commit to my code includes a brand new settings file!

What's this now?
    I have extracted the most common settings and put them in a single, very visible file called settings.h.

How do I use it?
    Take a look at the file, the most common options users are looking for are defined here!. Each options has an explanation on how to use it.

Some of the settings include:
    • Brightness level ( @Dandyman this is what you were asking for)
    • Idle Color
    • Color on press

DOWNLOAD ME HERE

TODO:
    Figure out how to decouple the interrupt mechanism so that i can define any number of LEDs.

i recently got a kaimana Leonardo and im trying to change the colors and what not but it gives me this error;

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Emo_2\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_602617\core\core_arduino_avr_leonardo_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
    Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
    Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM5
    Using Programmer : avr109
    Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
    avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM5"

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Take a look at this link and do the steps there, we've found an issue and are actively researching solutions, this is a temporary one. Please try it and give us feedback if it worked for you.

I will personally ask that you do that first time and see if it works, if it does do another code upload without the solution and report back if it worked.
    I mod so you can play!
  • neopsychoneopsycho Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and from France.
    Recently i tried kaimana mini board. I have some issues. All my six LEDs are functional but when i press a pushbutton (for exemple P1) an other led is turning on (for exemple P2).

I tried to change leds order :
    Kaimana board > LED P1 > LED K1 > LED K2 > LED K3 > LED P3 > LED P2 > LED JOY > LED START

I really need some help and an explanation for arduino code.

I'd like to use the code "pollSwitches" for each buttons (with a fade effect)

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot for a french noob :)
    edited September 25
    neopsycho wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and from France.
    Recently i tried kaimana mini board. I have some issues. All my six LEDs are functional but when i press a pushbutton (for exemple P1) an other led is turning on (for exemple P2).

I tried to change leds order :
    Kaimana board > LED P1 > LED K1 > LED K2 > LED K3 > LED P3 > LED P2 > LED JOY > LED START

I really need some help and an explanation for arduino code.

I'd like to use the code "pollSwitches" for each buttons (with a fade effect)

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot for a french noob :)

The easiest way to change the led is to rearrange the physical order of the LEDs. I have a guide here but its old and outdated.

For the fade effect, there's a way im researching on how to do it but it boils down to increasing the intensity of the led while its being held down and then decreasing it when you let go:
    // test switch and set LED based on result
      if(!digitalRead(PIN_P1))
      {
        switchActivity |= ATTACK_P1;
        // switch is active
        if(iLED[LED_P1] == true)
        {
    		intensity ++;
    		//maintain color while switch is active
    		iLED[LED_P1] = true;
    		pressIntense(LED_P1, intensity,_ON_PRESS_BTN_COLOR);
        }
        else
        {
          // select new color when switch is first activated
    	  //setLEDRandomColor(LED_P1);
          iLED[LED_P1] = true;
        }
      }
      else
      {
          // switch is inactive
          kaimana.setLED(LED_P1, BLACK);
    	  if(intensity > 0)
    	  {
    		  intensity--;
    		  pressIntense(LED_P1, intensity,_ON_PRESS_BTN_COLOR);
    	  }
    	  iLED[LED_P1] = false;
      }

I'm taking a bit of time to answer because of time constraints on my end but let me know any questions you have.
    I mod so you can play!
  • neopsychoneopsycho Joined: Posts: 2
    you are awesome. I'll test it this evening.
  • ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 60
    Hi Everyone,
    just got the Kaimana Mini from Paradise, been trying to read this forum for information on how to set it up. I've been trying to use @JRDIBBS Kaimana Guide on his website: http://www.mightyjrmods.com/kaimana-guide

I get to the part about Renaming the Example file, to re upload the startup animations on Arduino Version 1.8.4 I get the following Error:
    \Documents\Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana_custom.h:138:7: error: 'prog_uint8_t' does not name a type

const prog_uint8_t sinusoid[257] PROGMEM = {
    ^
    Arduino\libraries\Kaimana/kaimana_custom.h:162:7: error: 'prog_uint8_t' does not name a type

const prog_uint8_t colorCycleData[] PROGMEM = {
    ^
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

The Kaimana works, all the wires are connected, I have only 4P and 4K buttons I am trying to use, however it just loops into the "Standby" mode.

I've been going through this post looking for info, however a lot of the information or links are broken, The brightstick.freecade.org site I was planning to use is no longer online.

If anyone can help me out with how I should go about this. I really just want the buttons to be one color when not active, and then red when pressed, with maybe some animation or effects on them, but I'm pretty much stuck at square one.

I sent you a PM JRDIBBS just in case you may have some info.

Thanks for all the great posts on this board, it is what convinced me to get the Kaimana in the first place.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 51
    Can you change the intensity of the led? If not, how intense is the light, does that depends on the color?
  • Pharmtech78Pharmtech78 Joined: Posts: 68
    Guys this is my first time setting up my kaimana mini and i'm having issues uploading the example sketch to my board. Every time i try to upload i get this error. I'm on windows 10 and i have also tried this on windows 7. Also i tried different com ports and i get the same error. My kaimana red led on the board comes on and the leds light up as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Sketch uses 13,212 bytes (46%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.

Global variables use 278 bytes (10%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,282 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM3"

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    Guys this is my first time setting up my kaimana mini and i'm having issues uploading the example sketch to my board. Every time i try to upload i get this error. I'm on windows 10 and i have also tried this on windows 7. Also i tried different com ports and i get the same error. My kaimana red led on the board comes on and the leds light up as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sketch uses 13,212 bytes (46%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.

Global variables use 278 bytes (10%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,282 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I think i got it working now. It seems as soon as i plug in my USB hitting upload worked. Not sure what was stopping this before, but i works now.

I think i got it working now. It seems as soon as i plug in my USB hitting upload worked. Not sure what was stopping this before, but i works now.

Dude! So excited you got it to work!

One last question, after that can you reupload code without doing the special process? This might be a workaround for some other users that are experiencing the same issue!
    I mod so you can play!

One last question, after that can you reupload code without doing the special process? This might be a workaround for some other users that are experiencing the same issue!

Yes sir! I tested it to make sure i didn't have to do that special process every time.

ShiroZX wrote: »
    Can you change the intensity of the led? If not, how intense is the light, does that depends on the color?

If you get the latest code version you should be able to just change the brightness value in the settings.h file.

https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/javierorosario/kaimana/tree/master/KaimanaJ2s/8btnFull

Yes sir! I tested it to make sure i didn't have to do that special process every time.

Excellent thanks for the info!
    I mod so you can play!
    Update:

I got the board to finally upload a Sketch of @JRDIBBS thanks to some help from @Vicko giving me some help. only have one issue now, the buttons are all set to the right lights in this order Kaimana > P1>P2>P3>P4>K4>K3>K2>K1. The Buttons and the Screen Saver mode work no problem.
    However the issue is, as soon as I engage any switch on the Joystick, The Lights freeze. If I have nothing pressed, the lights will stay totally off, If I'm holding 3 lights when i press the joystick, they will stay on. the Screensaver stays off as well. It's basically stuck like that until i Disconnect the Panzer from the power. I've Checked all the wiring, and everything else I can think of. Vicko had to get running, so I figured maybe JRDIBBS might have seen this before? all the coding seems to upload no issues at all. so I don't know if there's possibly something in the code. its your J2s.ino file I\m using!

Anyone else possibly ran into this??
    ykd wrote: »
    Update:

I got the board to finally upload a Sketch of @JRDIBBS thanks to some help from @Vicko giving me some help. only have one issue now, the buttons are all set to the right lights in this order Kaimana > P1>P2>P3>P4>K4>K3>K2>K1. The Buttons and the Screen Saver mode work no problem.
    However the issue is, as soon as I engage any switch on the Joystick, The Lights freeze. If I have nothing pressed, the lights will stay totally off, If I'm holding 3 lights when i press the joystick, they will stay on. the Screensaver stays off as well. It's basically stuck like that until i Disconnect the Panzer from the power. I've Checked all the wiring, and everything else I can think of. Vicko had to get running, so I figured maybe JRDIBBS might have seen this before? all the coding seems to upload no issues at all. so I don't know if there's possibly something in the code. its your J2s.ino file I\m using!

Hello!

I haven't seen something like this before. Can you send me the URL of where you downloaded from? I can help you out a lot more from there :)

I mod so you can play!
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    I sent it to him directly, from where you linked me to. I just changed the button order.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Update:

Hello!

I haven't seen something like this before. Can you send me the URL of where you downloaded from? I can help you out a lot more from there :)

I believe it's just your J2S file with the button order changed. Vicko emailed it to me to try, if you like i can send you the files i got. Just message me your email @JRDIBBS if you'd like it that way :)
    Thanks man..
    So now arduino is stuck at uploading. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed no luck. Completely installed 1.6.5 was on 1.6.1 and no luck, still stuck on uploading. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    So now arduino is stuck at uploading. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed no luck. Completely installed 1.6.5 was on 1.6.1 and no luck, still stuck on uploading. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Never mind seem to be some kind of weirdness with the port. Had to change my com port #.
  • Zer0Zer0 Joined: Posts: 2
    I've been lurking and trying to dig through this thread for the last week or so trying to figure out how to code for this or trying to find a basic code of just button press activates an LED, it's been years but I used to code in visual basic and visual c++ in high school and was hoping to find a basic animation free sketch to experiment with and learn on.
    I downloaded the files from the link jrdibbs had posted and ran into trouble.
    I have a hitbox with a kaimana mini using j2 LEDs and I believe I understand how to renumber my LEDs for order and to make each direction it's own LED (and how to rewrite the part of the sketch that handles directional inputs) but every time I try to compile I get "expected declaration before" errors on brackets on code sections I haven't touched yet or have commented out and if I go so far as to just have direction code in there to test if I've done that right like i am right now then arduino sits compiling with the bar part way through and does nothing. initially i tried arduino 1.6.11 but now I have 1.6.4 which i think I've seen on this thread as the preferred version.
    If anyone has just a basic code of lights activating to button presses I can probably do the rest and I'd appreciate it.
    Zer0 wrote: »
    I've been lurking and trying to dig through this thread for the last week or so trying to figure out how to code for this or trying to find a basic code of just button press activates an LED, it's been years but I used to code in visual basic and visual c++ in high school and was hoping to find a basic animation free sketch to experiment with and learn on.
    I downloaded the files from the link jrdibbs had posted and ran into trouble.
    I have a hitbox with a kaimana mini using j2 LEDs and I believe I understand how to renumber my LEDs for order and to make each direction it's own LED (and how to rewrite the part of the sketch that handles directional inputs) but every time I try to compile I get "expected declaration before" errors on brackets on code sections I haven't touched yet or have commented out and if I go so far as to just have direction code in there to test if I've done that right like i am right now then arduino sits compiling with the bar part way through and does nothing. initially i tried arduino 1.6.11 but now I have 1.6.4 which i think I've seen on this thread as the preferred version.
    If anyone has just a basic code of lights activating to button presses I can probably do the rest and I'd appreciate it.

There's no such thing as a codebase without animations. The closest is the original code and that still has the default idle animation. See below:

https://github.com/armi0024/kaimana
    I mod so you can play!
  • Zer0Zer0 Joined: Posts: 2
    Thank you for the heads up and the link to more code to look at, being able to compare more code has helped me get a better grasp on this, I was able to get something going in a round about way for now that I can tinker with in my spare time to get more efficient and maybe more complex.
  • eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 45
    is there any kind of updated guide on how to program the kaimini? i have spent a couple hours browsing 4 or 5 years of old posts and I am completely lost on how to upload code to the kaimini. when i use the arduino software, it wants to go to a arduino board and I have no idea how it is supposed to find the kaimini. I have tried using molecule and have had problems with that as well, but that really isnt for this thread.
    Update:

Hello!

Did some digging through the code, got it to work now, no problems, it's pretty much the stock code and colors. Thanks a bunch for the assistance @JRDIBBS you have been beyond helpful. I can't wait to try setting it up in my next Panzer hitbox as well !
    eyeamg0dly wrote: »
    is there any kind of updated guide on how to program the kaimini? i have spent a couple hours browsing 4 or 5 years of old posts and I am completely lost on how to upload code to the kaimini. when i use the arduino software, it wants to go to a arduino board and I have no idea how it is supposed to find the kaimini. I have tried using molecule and have had problems with that as well, but that really isnt for this thread.

I am working on updating the guide but in the meanwhile you might want to review some tutorials that deal with the Arduino Leonardo to get the bare bones on how to work with the platform. I really enjoyed this one .

Update:

Hello!

Did some digging through the code, got it to work now, no problems, it's pretty much the stock code and colors. Thanks a bunch for the assistance @JRDIBBS you have been beyond helpful. I can't wait to try setting it up in my next Panzer hitbox as well !

Hi again! Glad to know you got it working, I've been mad busy this week covering at work. Let me know if you need more info, this week i plan to spend some time refactoring code for the reasons below.

The latest news regarding the strange "Kaimana wont connect" issue, it seems it's an issue with the code i built. Not the best of news but it's good to be able to pinpoint the issue so we can fix.

Fixing it will involve tearing down the new codebase and rebuilding from the ground up with the known config. Hopefully this week I will get this done.

As always feel free to drop a comment here, PM me or open a ticket on the support site!
    I mod so you can play!
  • eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 45
    edited October 9
    eyeamg0dly wrote: »

I am working on updating the guide but in the meanwhile you might want to review some tutorials that deal with the Arduino Leonardo to get the bare bones on how to work with the platform. I really enjoyed this one .

thanks for the info. The problem was that I was using the wrong version of arduino. You think everything would be backwards compatible. New problem though, when I tried to upload to the kaimana, i get an error telling me to reset the kaimana while it transfers. I tried changing the com port 4, and now im getting a com error. I tried changing back to com3 and it just hangs on uploading.

edit:

i plugged and unplugged several times and now it works.
    Post edited by eyeamg0dly on
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 20
    Hey Guys!

So I just finished finished test building my new stick and everything installed without a hitch. I have installed the latest codebase for the kaimana mini and I have a couple questions about the animations.

1. I am able to hold K1 down to put it into tournament mode, and t it works just fine. As soon I press K1 again though (not holding it down, just tapping it) ,it goes back to having the LEDs on. Is that normal?

2. Are the animations supposed to work with all buttons? For example, I can start the fireball animation with P1 as well as P2, but when I try it with P3 or P4, I just get a regular button press. No animation. Is this normal?

Other than that, I'm hoping to add a Simon mode where you can play Simon with the buttons lol.
    Looking at all the code documentation, the functions are pretty straightforward and turning lights on and off is simple enough. Hopefully I have enough memory left in the Kaimana to add this code and hopefully it all goes well.

Thank you all very much for these wonderful products and all the hard work you have put into all of this, as well as the forum. I read through the entire thing. Lots of good stuff lol. Keep it up guys!
    WhtLotus wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

So I just finished finished test building my new stick and everything installed without a hitch. I have installed the latest codebase for the kaimana mini and I have a couple questions about the animations.

1. I am able to hold K1 down to put it into tournament mode, and t it works just fine. As soon I press K1 again though (not holding it down, just tapping it) ,it goes back to having the LEDs on. Is that normal?

2. Are the animations supposed to work with all buttons? For example, I can start the fireball animation with P1 as well as P2, but when I try it with P3 or P4, I just get a regular button press. No animation. Is this normal?

Other than that, I'm hoping to add a Simon mode where you can play Simon with the buttons lol.
    Looking at all the code documentation, the functions are pretty straightforward and turning lights on and off is simple enough. Hopefully I have enough memory left in the Kaimana to add this code and hopefully it all goes well.

Thank you all very much for these wonderful products and all the hard work you have put into all of this, as well as the forum. I read through the entire thing. Lots of good stuff lol. Keep it up guys!

Thanks for the kind words!

I thought I had solved the K1 issue, which folder did you download? I'm double checking my main branch to see if I actually committed it. After reviewing, the Fireball animations are only on P1 and P2, it shouldnt be too difficult to add P3 and P4 (though P4 would be Hyper/Ultra right?). I can add them if you are interested.

PD. I checked and the code at https://github.com/javierorosario/kaimana/tree/master/KaimanaJ2s/8btnFull is the one that has the fix, im in the middle of a gigantic rework so im trying to see about creating a single universal codebase.
    I mod so you can play!
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 20
    Nah it's ok. I just wanted to make sure everything was working correctly on my end.

I used the 8buttonNoJoyWithMenu in the J2 folder so ya, maybe the K1 fix didn't get applied to that one. I would say just focus on the rework. I think that would benefit the most people right now, instead of having to fix my particular issue. If you want to explain to me why it does it, I could fix it myself, but it's also not that big a deal right now.