N Ken Thread

Comments

• fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    I am not sure how you use kawaks that but can you try the 236523 +lp+wk? I guess then end would be d,df41.

Thanks, for checking for me!

How do you use the Kawaks? Can you help me with that?

OK, So I did to sets of 100 both ways.

In game play I do it and it comes out. However, I learned that my LS-32 is more sensitive than I thought.

I don't have Kawaks, but I really tried to focus on the exact motion. It is not perfect but it is a start.

In training mode:

I ended the sequence with 2365236+lp+lk, I hit 9/10 for 7 hit combo.

When I ended the sequence with 236523 I go the following (average):

4/10 cr.short x 3

4/10 cr.shortx2 > super: Did not combo for 7 hits, it was 2hits and five for the combo.

2/10 cr.shortx2 > super: 7 hits.

Anyway, I know human input is not perfect, but the results leave me with one conclusion. Ending in the foraward position, greatly increases my chances to complete the combo.

So this leads me to my LS-32, there is ver little "free play" between forward and d/f. Meaning it is very easy for me to hit the foward postion. So, even though it feels like I am hitting d/f my controller, it easily passes into the foarward postion when whipping out the motion.

Thanks! Good post brotha! + rep! :party:
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • wakeupsweepwakeupsweep Joined: Posts: 124
    I would have answered earlier but it was 1 am last where I am.
    Macros are pretty easy to use in kawaks, download the emulator from here http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/download.html,
    launch the game once, close the emulator, go to ini folder and open ssf2t.ini. Scroll down until you find

[Macros]

; Macros for player 1
    Macro1A=14+

replace 14+ with whatever you want. Default macro 1 key should be 'Q'.
    If you modify the macro, and your emulator is still running, you need to restart it, not just the game, but the whole emulator.
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Are there any videos explaining the juice kick?
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
    Macros are pretty easy to use in kawaks, download the emulator from here http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/download.html,
    launch the game once, close the emulator, go to ini folder and open ssf2t.ini. Scroll down until you find

[Macros]

; Macros for player 1
    Macro1A=14+

If you modify the macro, and your emulator is still running, you need to restart it, not just the game, but the whole emulator.

Thank you kind SIR!!! :pray:
  • ShinVegaShinVega Shoryuken'n est. 92' Joined: Posts: 191

[Macros]

; Macros for player 1
    Macro1A=14+

Thanks, I never knew how easy it was! Mame never worked for some reason; now I can play online again :D
    No freely available material is allowed on this site, no exceptions. - ptp
    SF2 Code v1.0: t s+ T++ r f++ g+ m+ s+ v++ M++ n++:-- o++
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Thanks, I never knew how easy it was! Mame never worked for some reason; now I can play online again :D

I'd like some games with you kind sir !!!
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    1) funk kick glitch. match was O. ryu vs ken, vega stage. Ken wins round by doing cr. strong into funky kick. ryu is killed by the 2nd hit of funky kick. usually the match ends here. BUT NO! ken does another full funky kick (half circle one I believe) and the button is held so that he does the axe finish. If anyone knows how to do this, how this is impossible, and if other characters can do it, I'd love to know. Again, a full funky kick was done AFTER the match was over, ryu completely laying in the waste pile, dead. I am positive that it happened and the player who was victimized also looked up and gave me the "wtf" face. I should have asked him how to do it, but he doesn't look like the social type.

Digging this one up from a couple pages back, as I don't see that anyone ever clarified this. NKI has documented this (video on his site, I believe). You can do that kick indefinitely (in theory) after end of match, and yes can finish it by either not doing it again or with the axe kick (possibly other finishes....? this is strictly from my experience). You have to kill with the kick, and can then continue inputting the command just before the animation ends, on each successive kick. I believe it is the properties of only a handful of moves and the game engine, that allows for this. You will see during normal gameplay that it is possible to do two of these kicks (probably more...) in very rapid succession. Having seen it with the naked eye a handful of times, it appears one cancels, by a few frames, into the next. If anyone has any more specific documentation of how this works, please share.

While there are other characters that can sneak a move or two in after their opponent's death (chun wall jump/head stomp if she kills with a head stomp), I am not aware of any that can do it indefinitely.
  • RoboKrikitRoboKrikit nuclear Joined: Posts: 1,943
    You will see during normal gameplay that it is possible to do two of these kicks (probably more...) in very rapid succession. Having seen it with the naked eye a handful of times, it appears one cancels, by a few frames, into the next. If anyone has any more specific documentation of how this works, please share.

No specific documentation, but I frequently (often accidentally) cancel outside crescent to inside crescent via f, df, d + K (hold), df, f, negative edge K. I hesitate to say 'hold', because it's more of a tap with a hasty continuous motion to df, f... any real holding down of the button will start the overhead kick.
    Here's a video of Ken's crazy kicks being linked, and performed after a win. It's easier if you piano the kicks.

• ShinAkuma204ShinAkuma204 The Primordial Ooze Joined: Posts: 4,524
    Here's a video of Ken's crazy kicks being linked, and performed after a win. It's easier if you piano the kicks.

How does the red Ken have crazy kicks?
    Who's cuisine reigns supreme?!

"Well I guess the future is rape and no one can stop it."
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    There's also a glitch in which you can do moves after all the multi-hit grabs, like kneebash and headbutts, I know you can do jumping attacks even after the multi-hit grabs kill the opponent...
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
    How does the red Ken have crazy kicks?

Excellent Question that I would like to know the answer too as well. :confused:
    Excellent Question that I would like to know the answer too as well. :confused:

if you're referring to the video, these kicks are part of his special move set... :confused:
    The context of the question specifically is how is it that Super Turbo Ken is wearing Original Ken colors?

• MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    the jab button..?
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
  • jmsjms Joined: Posts: 339
    :rofl: This is getting so circular it hurts.

Here's another one! Is that really Turbo 1?
    Jab button selects White Ken in ST. Red Ken = Jab was Super.

There is a bug in arcade ST that lets you get O. colors with N. characters. Pick the O. character, then lose vs. CPU. On the loss portrait screen, have 2P come in as a new challenger; this takes 2P to the character select screen while Continue? is still displaying for 1P. Hit 1P start, and 1P will light up with the O. character color. Let it time out without pressing any 1P buttons, and the N. character will be selected with the O. color.

The bug activates (apparently) when a previously-O.-character player continues while the character select screen is already active. Any other method of getting this to happen should work.

Yeah, that is Turbo 1, sort of. It's the JP ROM at default settings on MAME OS X; the emulated speed is way off.

This is on-topic for this off-topic conversation, though off-topic for the thread in general, but can anyone explain this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SluVLcBKl-U

I found the original here: http://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php?tid=115384

It says it is Super Street Fighter II X, and the file is in 384 x 224 arcade resolution. Both N. characters are in O. colors.

There is a bug in arcade ST that lets you get O. colors with N. characters. Pick the O. character, then lose vs. CPU. On the loss portrait screen, have 2P come in as a new challenger; this takes 2P to the character select screen while Continue? is still displaying for 1P. Hit 1P start, and 1P will light up with the O. character color. Let it time out without pressing any 1P buttons, and the N. character will be selected with the O. color.

The bug activates (apparently) when a previously-O.-character player continues while the character select screen is already active. Any other method of getting this to happen should work.

Yeah, that is Turbo 1, sort of. It's the JP ROM at default settings on MAME OS X; the emulated speed is way off.

This is on-topic for this off-topic conversation, though off-topic for the thread in general, but can anyone explain this?

It says it is Super Street Fighter II X, and the file is in 384 x 224 arcade resolution. Both N. characters are in O. colors.

Couldn't you just double up on the glitch?

Wow! What an answer!:wow:
    Couldn't you just double up on the glitch?

The player that initiates the continue that starts up the player select screen gets their color reset, even if they were an O.char. This glitch only seems to work with a player who was an O. character who continues while the character select screen is already active for the other player.
    Jab button selects White Ken in ST. Red Ken = Jab was Super.QUOTE]

Thanks for answering. Never knew it was possible, don't think it's in YBH (course I can't read japanese so it might be).

What's even more interesting (sorry for going on-topic/off-topic, as well) is that the super death background animation is produced....however, if the fierce dragon punch killed, it would not produce super death animation. On top of that, presumably the dragon punch would knock Guile into the air, so the dragon punch actually threads in between the hits of the super, the super is what actually kills, and it kills by juggling off of a dragon punch. :looney:

...unless a special linked off of a super that kills will still produce the super death animation, but I can say with absolute certainty that when a normal linked off a super kills, it will not produce the super death animation.
  • NormanJr911NormanJr911 Joined: Posts: 237
    Greetings,
    So i have been readingthrough this thread and I had a question concerning:
    Connecting Jump Jab to Hurricane.
    This is another tricky piece of execution with Ken. You can combo his jumping jab into any hurricane kick (HK is best). This is particularly good after a Knee Bash. The best way to do it is to do a QCB and then at back press jab followed by HK very quickly. (Or do the Jab at down-back).

I played this guy today online and he was doing j.fp into air hurricane with ease. Its the execution the same as doing it using jab? As well he was using old ken and I was using N. Ken, so my next question is, does it differ with which ken you use? is it easier, harder?

Also he mentioned that the juice kick is easy to do during slowdown like after hitting an airborne opponent with a fb. Can anyone confirm this? I'm just a noob :sad:
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684
    As far as how to double up on old colors on new characters, do the glitch once, but have the second player who challenges also be an Old character, upon their defeat repeat the glitch?
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
    Greetings,
    So i have been readingthrough this thread and I had a question concerning:
    Connecting Jump Jab to Hurricane.
    This is another tricky piece of execution with Ken. You can combo his jumping jab into any hurricane kick (HK is best). This is particularly good after a Knee Bash. The best way to do it is to do a QCB and then at back press jab followed by HK very quickly. (Or do the Jab at down-back).

I played this guy today online and he was doing j.fp into air hurricane with ease. Its the execution the same as doing it using jab? As well he was using old ken and I was using N. Ken, so my next question is, does it differ with which ken you use? is it easier, harder?

Also he mentioned that the juice kick is easy to do during slowdown like after hitting an airborne opponent with a fb. Can anyone confirm this? I'm just a noob :sad:

Anyone? :sad:
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572
    Anyone? :sad:

Juice kick is easier to do during slowdown.

There is no real trick to canceling a j.jab into a Hurricane kick.

The timing is a little different between a j.jab and a j.fierce.

I dont know about the differences between O.Ken and N.Ken, I dont use O.Ken.
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Well I am by no means a Ken player, new or old, but I have something for you to try for what it is worth. Jump at the opponent for your attemp at the punch cxlded into hurracain kick like normal.
    Now here is what I found most useful about the whole process, do the qcb motion LATE and complete the WHOLE motion before you hit ANY buttons. Think of it as a "meaty" airborne hurracain kick motion. I repeat, do the entire qcb motion when your on top of their forehead.

As for the buton inputs, think of the way it looks when it comes out, like the speed of it, and try that timing for the inputs.

Again I have to stress that I am no Ken player but at least it is SOMETHING for you to try :rofl:
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I don't see what the point of that is. That would only be useful if you took like 5 years to buffer quarter circles.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
    Well he asked for help and then no one offered any so he quoted himself and asked again. Some one responded but with no real explanation of the way you ( as in you ) do it so I figuered I would tell him the way I have had some sucsess in doing it.

More importantly here, is if my way works or not. If he couldn't do it at the time of him posting,
    and after my explanation on it gives him more sucess than before he posted than my post would have a very good reason for being up.

Guess we will just have to wait and see if he give us a "your way sux djfrijoles" response or "worked like a charm dude thnx"
    Thanks for the info guys! :tup:

I was not completing the WHOLE motion before I hit the groung thats why the hurricank kick wasn't connecting. I just had to speed up my motion and my button presses! thanks for the help guys!
  • idi0tidi0t Joined: Posts: 80
    anyone have a video of kens juice kick?
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,023
    Ken is kinda my main in ST, with Blanka second

Ken's combo here:

Crossover j. MK, Dwn MP, xx QCF+K hold K, Dwn HK
    5 hit dizzy on Feilong

Does that combo work on everyone?

If so, I'm going to use it, because I normally use Crossover MK, Stand HP, xx QCF+K which is a 3 or 4 hitter, that doesn't always dizzy.

Thanks in advance.
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572

Ken's combo here:

5 hit dizzy on Feilong

If so, I'm going to use it, because I normally use Crossover MK, Stand HP, xx QCF+K which is a 3 or 4 hitter, that doesn't always dizzy.

Thanks in advance.

j.forward cross-up, standing fierce into fierce dragon is a better dizzy, even though it dosent work on small characters.
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
  • lftrpllrlftrpllr Deceptively Mediocre Joined: Posts: 346

Ken's combo here:

5 hit dizzy on Feilong

Thanks in advance.

The above mentioned combo only works on: Zangief and Fei Long and you can substitute short xx qcf+k (hold kick) and then the combo works on Guile as well.
    A little known fun fact is that you can actually substitute low hk for a SUPER (4 hits) against Fei. Yes, that's right you can do: Crossover j. MK, Dwn MP, xx QCF+K hold K, super for a 8-hit 'showtime' combo. Give it a try.

-wes
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info, I'll try it out when I get home.

So.... what's the best combo for dizzy that works on ALL characters?
    I always feel that Ken's QCF+K (2 hits) gives more stun damage than HP Dragon.

And wow...lol, what's wrong with Fei's hitbox to allow all these combos on him? :lol: It's not like he's a big or wide character.

I use Fei also, but because I don't have a joystick I can't do his Chicken Wing consistently.
  • lftrpllrlftrpllr Deceptively Mediocre Joined: Posts: 346
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info, I'll try it out when I get home.

And wow...lol, what's wrong with Fei's hitbox to allow all these combos on him? :lol: It's not like he's a big or wide character.

I use Fei also, but because I don't have a joystick I can't do his Chicken Wing consistently.

I assume you're kidding. Fei sticks his face WAY out to get combo'ed, he's the biggest character in the game. I actually made a point of this when changes for Fei were being discussed for SF:HD. I wanted to fix Fei's crazy hit box and the fact that everyone crosses him up for free. If they fixed his hitbox (which is apparently too hard to do for SF:HD), Fei would be a hulluva lot better, count of him to still suck in SF:HD-

-wes
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod

It's those MC Hammer pants :rofl:
    I assume you're kidding. Fei sticks his face WAY out to get combo'ed, he's the biggest character in the game. I actually made a point of this when changes for Fei were being discussed for SF:HD. I wanted to fix Fei's crazy hit box and the fact that everyone crosses him up for free. If they fixed his hitbox (which is apparently too hard to do for SF:HD), Fei would be a hulluva lot better, count of him to still suck in SF:HD-

-wes

I knew Fei had a strange hitbox, but I didn't know he was the biggest character in the game.

Do you have hitboxes? I want to check this out myself.

This is Ken's ToD combo: j.FK (cross), cr.SP, cr.FK, qcf+short. Stuns every character but requires a lot of practice IMO.

Good to Be back in the free world :D
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    On the juice kick---just started learning it--the biggest obstacle for me was hitting the button quickly enough. I was initially focusing on flicking up-towards, then slamming the joystick through a qcb, then pressing kick, but was still floating through the air like a pinata. I realized that you can press kick really, really soon after you start that motion and get what you want (it almost feels like I'm hitting it at down or down-back).