Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous BeatJoined: Posts: 9,639
edited March 25 in General Discussion
Hearthstone is live! This thread can be used to coordinate playing times, share strategies, and stuff like that.

Hearthstone Battletag list:

Cryoh - Cryoh#1891
PimpWilly - PimpWilly#1325
r00ster22 - NvMe#1211
ETEP1 - SSS#1611
flaw - flaw#1505
kimterran - kimterran#1218
King9999 - King#11782
JuuM - JuuMeijin#1168
Warpticon - Warpticon#1384
RadicalFuzz - GraveTitan#1244
AreEyeSeaKay - areeyeseakay#1362
Sovi3t - Sovi3t#1951
NinetiesArcade - MordicaiRigb#1924

SRK Streamers:

ETEP - twitch.tv/etep1
AreEyeSeaKay - twitch.tv/AreEyeSeaKay
Post edited by Cryoh on

Comments

• BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i will be king of dis game when I get in obv
    who tf knows anymore
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    Sorry, but you'll have to get in line for the throne, since I'm already sitting in it.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    Game looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait till I get to play it.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I say you playing Cryoh, I think you opened a Deathwing : )

I played some matches with kimterran, I was sad his basic warlock deck beat my tweaked rogue deck. grr. lol

PimpWilly#1325

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    yeah f kim and his crap drawing cards deck
    who tf knows anymore
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That warlock power is really strong, but maybe I just need to play a stall deck to make him draw himself out and die horribly

e$ports
    Actually, that's how I ended up beating his lock deck with my basic pally deck. He whooped the shit out of my level 1 hunter deck (protip: Don't play hunter without the basic cards. Having no Kill Command, Hunter Companion, or Multi Shot sucks), so I had to go to something that works. He drew like 12 cards over me, so exhaustion won me the game.

Mind Control: Best late game class card?
    Mind control is really good, probably the best card in the game. It causes people to not be able to base their deck around 1 really good end game card. I don't know if its unbalanced, but it makes priest the best class I think. Maybe it needs some sort of upkeep cost, or a drain on the priest of some sort, or something else.

Also, I don't feel so bad, I got a Warlock daily quest, so I was doing that, when I realized some of the cards he was running were rares, so he's not a pure basic warlock deck. Lol. Like soul siphon, for instance, pretty powerful. Had some good games though, won with 2 health vs a Mage, by getting a powerful questing adventurer out and just barely managing to edge a win. Awesome game.

e$ports
    I'm not really sure how to re-balance MC, besides just making the fucker cost 10 mana. Having to play around that PoS on turn 8 is annoying as shit.

Oh yeah, I disenchanted the fuck out of that Deathwing, since that card blows so much dick in constructed.
    shoulda waited, in beta they change cards a lot, and if they change a card they make it disenchant for full value, you coulda theoretically gotten any legendary you wanted out of it. Unless you just wanted to craft some rares anyway.

Best cards to craft right away, imo:

Leper Gnome
    Harvest Golem
    Spell Breaker/Ironbeak Owl
    Faerie Dragon

Cheap and really round out your possible decks

e$ports
    I would definitely add Venture Co. Mercenary and Scarlet Crusader to the list. Mad Bomber also scores a potential mention, since he can score a really nice 2 for 1 in the early game. Of course, he could just blast you in the face with all three of his bombs. Loot Hoarder and Acolyte of Pain also do a great job of adding card draw to decks that might be a bit lacking in that department.
    Yeah, agreed. Loot hoarder can be good, pretty much a better version of Novice Engineer or at least a sidegrade. Novice engineer can combo with the "return a card to your hand" kind of cards, but loot hoarder as a 2/1 can take out 2 cost drops more reliably, but of course loses out to mages quite handily. Both are solid choices.

Venture Co Mercenary I also like, the 3 more cost for your own minions blows, but really either they A) take out your mercenary right away or b) he lives and controls the game without needing more minions anyway. Really solid for budget decks.

I'm too scared to play Mad Bomber, but I could see him being useful in certain decks or against certain decks too.

I'm not sure what class I'm going to focus on first... either Shammy, Warrior, or Rogue I think. Kind of leaning on Rogue the most.

e$ports
    As a rogue, nothing is as satisfying as coin -> Defias Ringleader -> Shadow Step -> Defias Ringleader on turn 1, haha. So dirty.

141.png
    184px-Defias_Ringleader.png
    Shadowstep.png

e$ports
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Boel wrote: »

#tryhardboel
    Fucking scumbag rogues. I'm a fan of this turn 1 move, myself:

141.png

600.png

431.png
    Does that count as a heal? Wow

e$ports
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    WELCOME TO EARF....stone.

I was a fan of the actual WoW CCG, but this looks vastly different. I'd hop in and job to you guys when it goes into open beta though.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Does that count as a heal? Wow

It doesn't, but if your opponent either missed their one drop or doesn't have a decent two drop, you're going to get at least two card draws off of the now 1/5 cleric, and can usually build up a nice board off of her.
    AYO?! wrote: »
    WELCOME TO EARF....stone.

I was a fan of the actual WoW CCG, but this looks vastly different. I'd hop in and job to you guys when it goes into open beta though.

This game is actually pretty easy to pick up in constructed. Arena is kind of difficult to learn at first, but once you get a grasp on what cards are must-picks, just alright, and complete ass (no matter what, don't draft Wisps or Hungry Crabs), it's quite fun, provided you aren't playing against the lucky sack of shit that drafted 4 Perdition Blades for early game,and a Ragnaros for late game.

Card notes:

273.png

Shit is bad. Even though it is free, it's a 1/1, and it's a card from your hand. Spend the mana and get a one drop that will actually do something, or spend two mana and get something that's quite good.

660.png

Hungry Crab is especially bad for being a epic. I know, you'll feel like a bawse when the crab kills a murloc, but that shit's rarely going to happen, since there's only one murloc that will ever get drafted (the 2 cost 2/1 charger). Constructed, just use that card slot for a board clear, since that is what you'll really need to beat murloc rush decks.

82.png

Perdition's Blade is godlike. The combo effect will normally kill something outright when played as a combo (used as the second or later card in a turn), and it's got good stats on its own. Being a weapon, it goes very well with the pirate cards that benefit from weapons being in play.

503.png
    Ragnaros is a monster. Even if silenced, you can then swing his 8/8 body into things.
    Its very much like the wow tcg which I loved. Only they can use mechanics that only work in a virtual tcg which is cool. I look forward to multiple heroes of the same class to choose from, and also horde/alliance specific cards

e$ports
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Weren't the Canon Brothers working on a 3D Dotgame Heroes looking game called StoneHeart? I wonder if anyone could get cease and desisted?
    I'm looking forward to eventual Death Knight and Monk classes, as well as other skills being represented (Crusader Strike, Vampiric Touch, Mutilate, etc.)
    Is Race a nonfactor here? For the most part the former CCG was outside of racial specific Quest cards. Some were good (Human, Troll) but a majority were ass.

Eh, I'll put in a Beta thing since Pimp Willy also played the CCG. Although I doubt I can recreate my boss Fire Elemental deck....yet.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,806
    Boel wrote: »

Boel I told you bro you gotta get in on this game.

Got my Necrodeck going on from my Magic: The Gathering playing days lol. Add me up if you guys wanna play, I'm still fairly new to this game, I just started yesterday lol
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    edited November 2013
    Here's the so called "Miracle rogue"

Combines the Gadgetan Auctioneer (draw a card when you play a spell), shadowstep, the novice engineer (draw a card when played), and questing adventurer (gets +1/+1 for each card you played)

pumps his adventurer up to do 25 damage in an attack with just playing a constant barrage of low cost (or free cost) cards

e$ports
    edited November 2013
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Is Race a nonfactor here? For the most part the former CCG was outside of racial specific Quest cards. Some were good (Human, Troll) but a majority were ass.

Eh, I'll put in a Beta thing since Pimp Willy also played the CCG. Although I doubt I can recreate my boss Fire Elemental deck....yet.

Well class race has a special ability that costs 2 mana

mage: deal 1 damage to any target
    warrior: gain 2 armor
    hunter: deal 2 damage to the enemy hero
    priest: heal 2 damage to target
    warlock: take 2 damage and draw a card
    shaman: summon a random totem (1/1, 0/2 heals 1 to all minions, 0/2 taunt, 0/2 +1 spell damage)
    paladan : summon a 1/1 minion
    druid: gain +1 armor and +1 attack for the turn
    rogue: summons a 1 attack, 2 durability weapon

but, race doesn't come into play at all as there's only 1 of each class, no choice in hero outside of class. Even the TCG launched with a horde and alliance hero per class, but here it's not that complex. Theres no such thing as horde cards, alliance cards, race cards, just your class cards, and the neutral cards (available to all classes). and neutral cards are minions only, no neutral abilities.

It's basically a dumbed down, streamlined version of the TCG.

edit:

I expected it to launch at blizzcon, but it looks like it's delayed to 2014
    http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1692-diablo-iii-has-sold-over-14-million-copies

e$ports
    Thanks for the info Pimp Willy, simplified is kinda eh. But they can expand upon it later. Not that they will really but the option is there.
    Miracle Rogue can go off with other finisher-style cards as well. Instead of needing a Questing Adventurer, the deck can also use Mana Addict (2 cost 1/3 - when you cast a spell, gain +2 attack this turn) or Edwin VanCleef (3 cost 2/2 - Combo: Gain +2/+2 for each card played this turn) as the pumped up target.
    So I looked into building a miracle rogue deck,

a lot of core rares.

I need 1 more questing adventurer,
    2 auctioneers
    2 mana addicts
    2 headcracks

then the nice to haves:
    2 x preparation
    bloodmage thalnos
    Edwin VanCleef

I say Preparation is almost a required, and it's an epic!

That's a lot of dust I don't currently have, sadly, but I'll start working towards that goal

e$ports
    kim keeps tellin me yall are free while we are busy making fantasy basketball trades
    who tf knows anymore
    Upcoming card changes from Blizzcon:

-Mind Control cost is being increased to 10.
    -Starving Buzzard health is being decreased to 1.
    -Unleash the Hounds is going to be changed, but they aren't sure yet.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    Mind Control at 10 makes it unplayable. It was already a shitty to meh card; the only reason people think highly of it is because they do dumb shit/build crap stuff and get punished for it. Oh well.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    At blizzcon they have an area to play arena. If you go 5 and 0 you get a CD. 9 and 0 for an action figure. Only playing people there.

I only went 2 and 1 bastard warlock had a good deck lol. I had drafted druid for the first time ever because it was better for me than lock or shammy options

e$ports
    I got a Ysera today! And I got a dent into my miracle rogue deck (2 questing adventurers, and most of the commons I need)

e$ports
    Pertho wrote: »
    Mind Control at 10 makes it unplayable. It was already a shitty to meh card; the only reason people think highly of it is because they do dumb shit/build crap stuff and get punished for it. Oh well.

I agree. MC is annoying in arena, but it'll be pretty much a non factor in constructed.

On a unrelated note, I've got a pretty good idea for a constructed mid-range Paladin tempo deck, but I'm going to need a fuckton of dust, since I'm 2 legendaries and 1 epic short of my ideal deck list.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    Man...I really hate drafting in this game. I like how they'll put the 3 basic things your deck will need to be decent in one pick and then not show you any of those cards for the rest of the picks.

The fact that you can't really block like in MTG makes it that much harder to navigate a so so draft deck and make it a winner.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    It'd be hard to do a real draft, given that cards are restricted by class. You could end up with a deck that is not playable if they did it like that. I wonder if there's a way around that.

I liked the blizzcon tournament format they did.

Constructed.
    Submit 3 decks, for 3 different classes
    First game, blind pick from both sides.
    Winner keeps deck, loser picks from another deck.
    If you lose with all 3 decks, you're out.

The finals were super intense, Artosis managed to win vs a control wizard (with a deck named turn 8, because it wins on turn 8) using his aggressive warrior by forcing a pyroblast onto one of his mobs in order to survive. Takes Kripp down to 1 health, and plays Leper Gnome. Kripp draws the blizzard he needs to win... but now it kills the leper gnome, winning him the last game and the tournament.

I also really liked Artosis priest deck. On turn 2, he did coin -> Injured Blademaster -> Circle of healing, netting a 4/7 on turn 2 vs another priest deck, who couldn't deal with a 4/7 because of the 4 attack. Pretty awesome.

Here were his winning decklists:

http://ihearthu.com/innkeeper-invitational-winner-deck-list/

e$ports
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,946
    I'll throw up my battle tag later I mostly just play arena. I did get a Yesara yesterday though might run a priest deck with it.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    TWbC9pO.jpg

Well, I guess that arena paid for itself!

e$ports
    ggs kim, that warlock deck is no joke. Was a few spells short of being able to kill you with the questing adventurer with the rogue deck. I don't think I actually beat it at all did I? The other games were fun too, that mage vs warrior was pretty close

e$ports
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,806
    Haha yeah you didn't beat my warlock deck. That dude that keeps getting bigger and bigger is scary. Good thing I have lots of healing and nukes.

My shaman deck sucks ass. I tight I was gonna try to stall as long as possible with all those taunts but it wasn't working as intended. Warrior is decent. I forgot to use my other fave deck but I guess I'll save it for later once I get more cards that I like
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file