Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

Comments

• CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    I play rush specifically to fuck priests over in constructed. Your MC is so much less valuable when my most expensive card is Argent Commander!

In arena, I just try to avoid playing my biggest creature without having some sort of answer for killing/crippling it in my hand/on the board. I also feel like priests do especially well in arena if you can draft some cards with big health pools and get a couple of Power Word: Shields.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Went 1-3 with a priest. Bad luck on the offers... like, I got 2 northshire clerics early, thought I'd have a good draft. Then 1 shadow word, no mc, 1 holy nova, and a bunch of underpowered minions. I was sad.

my first 2 losses were with the opponent at 1 life, and me just not having any way to close out the game. Sigh.

Priests I feel are very reliant on certain cards showing up.

I prefer mages or warriors, if possible

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    The biggest problem with priests is that MC is just too powerful, it always trades 2 for 1. Two good suggestions I've seen for it

1) Make it a buff on the creature, so a silence takes it away.

2) Make it a "Channeled" spell like in world of warcraft. This could be a new mechanic that lasts until the caster plays another spell, then the buff is removed. This would create a whole new subclass of cards that could be more powerful but also more limited (like a mage spell: Channel target is frozen)

Also, priest being so dominant is the reason people don't tend to play creatures stronger than a 4 attack, and why Argent Commander is all the rage lately

edit: I learned something fun today

I had a lightspawn at 5/5, and played blessed champion on it (I mind visioned it from the paladin). It stayed at 5/5. The next turn, he played humility on it... and it stayed 5/5. Good times lol
    Post edited by Pimp Willy on

e$ports
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,920
    edited November 2013
    MC is already getting nerfed it will be 10 mana to cast now. They don't seem to be touching mage though...

Argent is pretty much a guaranteed 2 for 1 if priest is strong or not the card is just amazing.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • BigMovementBigMovement Joined: Posts: 170
    So I drafted a priest deck got double divine spirit/inner fire and hit a guy for 20 on round 6 to win the game and get my first 9th arena win. Feels good man. Feels real good.
    So, patch came out yesterday.

New ranking matches are much better than the old, where 3 star masters was easy. Now once you hit a certain rank (20), you can lose rank and drop back down. This makes ranked mode much more intense. I'm still in the "fairly easy to win" rank at 17, but just started to encounter some decks where I might lose every so often. I think I bumped up past the just started, first time playing constructed, and the "I haven't spent any money" yet. I bought like 30 packs, so I have an edge.

Mage is pretty dominant right now. I'd play one, but I don't have the 2x Pyroblast 2x Blizzard necessary to do so. I'm playing my Paladin deck. I only have 1 sword of justice. I have enough dust to craft an epic... torn on if I should craft the second Sword of Justice for my paladin deck to grind ranks, or make my first Pyroblast to start off the mage deck. I feel like Pyroblast will be nerfed next patch to 10 mana, so maybe craft it now then DE it later when it gets changed for full mana.

Big changes to some of the staple cards, Shattered Sun Cleric dropped to a 3/2 but the +1/+1 bonus stayed the same, only this is now that the SSC can be cleared by some otherwise "Dead weight" cards, like 1 drop 2/1s and stuff like Gnomish Inventor, also board clears (holy nova, consecration blizzard). The bigger change is Argent Commander, dropped from 4/3 to 4/2, making him dead to the same aoe clears. He's still really strong... but it may be time to look at some of the other 6 drop creatures to find something else playable. He's not just a brain dead decision anymore.

Biggest change of all was unleash the hounds. Before: All your beats gain +1 attack and charge for 1 mana. Afterwards: 4 mana: Summon a 1/1 wolf with charge for each creature your opponent has. What does this mean? Well it still can combo with other staple hunter cards (buzzard lets your draw 1 card per wolf summoned, scavenging hyena lets you gain +2/+1 as you charge your wolves into your opponents enemies, timber wolf gives them +1 attack, etc). But stalling for the turn 7 one turn kill is not really possible anymore. Be careful flooding the board with creatures vs Hunter now. It can make for some fun combos, but I think it took the one real check mages had out of the game.

Some people are saying warrior and paladin are going to be the mage counters, we shall see. I wanted to toy with a warrior stall deck, full of weapons for direct damage + armor up abilities to survive (armorsmith, shield block), and just using charge setups (like 0 cost molten giant, panda, charger, etc) to close out the game right before the mage can win. Problem is it is probably weak versus everything else!

e$ports
    Mage does annoy the shit out of me whenever I'm not playing pally. They send their creatures to your face, so you do efficient trade to gain board control, but after 7 turns of that mess you're down to 16-18 life. Mage does a random combination of frostbolts and fireballs on turn 7, then pyroblast on turn 8 to close it out. So frustrating.
    Pretty decent pack

9xiqBRN.jpg

was my second gorehowl though

e$ports
  • ETEP1ETEP1 From The Bay to LA Joined: Posts: 1,515
    Awesome! A hearthstone forum! Been on the beta for a good while now. Please hit me up and add me!

name: sss
    San Francisco 49ers fan---Washington Redskins fan---Miami Dolphins fan
    Warriors fan---Celtics fan

Fighting games make me happy
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,415
    edited December 2013
    I just recently got into the beta, it's my first card game though. I doubt I have the cards to play any of you guys yet lol.

Playing Mage first of course, not sure if I'm sticking with her or not, but what should my deck eventually look like? I don't even have Pyroblast yet, been getting a lot of mileage out of creep control like Frost Nova and Flamestrike though.
    Frost Nova kind of blows dick, IMO. The only time that it's okay is when you have enough damage on the board to win the next turn, but only if your opponent doesn't trade with your guys. Even then, most decks just don't have the room to play it, and would rather play either Cone of Cold or Blizzard, or in rare cases Ice Lance.
    Lol sick pack pimp. My best was getting 2 packs for 9 and getting Alextrassa and then Yesera in the next.

ETEP1 wrote: »
    Awesome! A hearthstone forum! Been on the beta for a good while now. Please hit me up and add me!

name: sss

You need your 4 digit number code too, in order to add people
    I just recently got into the beta, it's my first card game though. I doubt I have the cards to play any of you guys yet lol.

Playing Mage first of course, not sure if I'm sticking with her or not, but what should my deck eventually look like? I don't even have Pyroblast yet, been getting a lot of mileage out of creep control like Frost Nova and Flamestrike though.

Depends on what sort of mage you really want to play, the current popular deck is like this
    2x mana worm
    2x Novice engineer
    2x Loot Hoarder
    2x Arcane Intellect
    2x cone of cold
    2x frost bolt
    2x ice lance
    2x fireball
    2x pyroblast
    2x Frost Nova
    2x Blizzard
    2x Ice Block
    2x Ice Barrier
    2x Polymorph
    1x Alextria
    1x Archmage Antonidas

Basically, you stall out the game until turn 7/8, dealing damage directly to the hero when you can and freezing their minions every turn (cone of cold, blizzard, frost nova)

there are variations on this, some run Molten Giant (8/8 for 20 mana, costs 1 less for each damage you've taken) and Mountain Giant (8/8 costs 1 less for each card in your hand) instead of some of the control cards (ice lance and polymorph), and aim to hold as many cards in your hand as you can and then drop the giants to end the game. Alextrasza sets a heros health to 15, so they can set your health to 15 then pyroblast/fireball you to death easy.

the mage has lots of tweaks, but its current strength is keeping you frozen for 4-5 turns straight, and then just unleashing a fury of spells and kill you very fast.

Budget decks won't have pyroblast, or the legendaries, so they tend to have to use the common cards like Flamestrike and Polymorph while ending the game with some big creatures. But what really makes mage powerful are the epics and legendaries.

theres a good overview here http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2013/12/10/frost-mage-deck-list-and-analysis/

Cryoh wrote: »
    Frost Nova kind of blows dick, IMO. The only time that it's okay is when you have enough damage on the board to win the next turn, but only if your opponent doesn't trade with your guys. Even then, most decks just don't have the room to play it, and would rather play either Cone of Cold or Blizzard, or in rare cases Ice Lance.

I dunno, it's 2 mana that lets you get a free turn basically. You can delay trading for an entire turn, use it to ping creatures for 2 damage instead of 1, buff up your mana worms, etc. Frost Nova is awesome. blizzard, if you play its pretty much your whole turn. Frost Nova lets you play other cards along with it (frost nova -> Arcane Intellect, for example). It has its place. I feel like Cone of cold is better early game, Frost Nova is mid game, and of course Blizzard is late game.

e$ports
    I like frost nova. Like Pimp Willy said its a time warp (free turn).

Also, some advice when drafting in Arena:

Take as many copies of the "best card" as you physically can.

The two times that I've won 9-games with Mage I drafted absurd amounts of Ice barriers (3), board freeze carda (2 Frost Nova + 2 Blizzard), and board wipes (3 flamestrike).

In arena, its all about value, so long as you can get cards that 2 for 1 or better, you're golden.

Also, in frost nova vs blizzard, the important part is the freeze, not the damage, it's why Frost Nova is superior IMO. If I could build 4 frost novas instead of 2 novas 2 blizzards I would.

e$ports
    I don't have a lot of the cards you listed there, can they be gotten for free? I really can't afford to sink money into a card game. =(

Follow up question, who's the most effective free to play character? Since the Mage relies heavily on these legendary cards.......
    I've sunk a total of $10 into this game. Just do daily quests and arena. You don't need to spend a dime. Just play and you'll get your cards.

I don't have a lot of the cards you listed there, can they be gotten for free? I really can't afford to sink money into a card game. =(

Follow up question, who's the most effective free to play character? Since the Mage relies heavily on these legendary cards.......

Priest I think. Most of their good cards are common or basic. You can play strong off the bat.

e$ports
    Hmm, I guess that you all have a point with freeze effects. I'm doing pretty well in my current arena with some janky mage deck. I didn't get offered any Shattered Sun Clerics or Dark Iron Dwarves, but I did get 2 frostbolts, 2 fireballs, 2 flamestrikes, and a frost nova. Even though I like most of the other cards, the surprise frost nova lets a relatively even board get out of control in your favor.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,580
    Warlock is pretty strong with the common cards too
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    I used to say that Hunter was the best with basic cards, but post-UtH nerf, I would probably say either Priest or Warlock. Warlock's hero ability lets you get away with playing slightly weaker cards than usual.
    Rogue is pretty cheap. You can play it just fine without the legendary cards which I think just leaves 3 rares. SI agent, Azure Drake, and Defender of Argus.

I think I randomly got Defender of Argus in one of the packs lol. I'm playing Priest and losing to normal level AI Mage, just not clicking with me I guess. He seems super cheap, and then I lose. Lot I still don't understand, given that I've never played a card game before.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,588 mod
    Lol Mind Control nerf. Good Job Blizzard nerfing a meh cards and making it unplayable.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Yeah I was doing good with almost-stock priest cards, but after a couple days playing post-supernerf I've completely abandoned priest. Feels like I can't do anything at all most matches.

A lot of it is the lack of cards and how rare-to-win is the only strat beyond "try to 2 for 1 them and keep your mana curve rolling"

Then there's the flip side where I play against noobs who just got into the beta (like me) but never played magic so they get stomped in like 15 turns.

I've yet to have a close game...
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
    I feel bad when I run into the obvious new guys, when you see them do something like turn 1 coin into Ironbeak Owl, when I have nothing on the board, and I'm playing Mage.
    nsc wrote: »
    snip

I think there's a couple of things that MTG players general card game stuff that people new to Hearthstone may not be up to snuff about. I never thought Mind Control was great because it costs 8 mana to MC one thing. The problem with MC (and those effects in general) is that what you'll get when you play its random. So the quality of the MC is always dependent on the quality of the creature you'll steal. I think the card was good at the beginning when an enormous amount of people who didn't know their head from their ass about card games played it. But the more it gets used the more you understand that "oh wait, I'm not gonna play this stupid large creature right into it on turn 16 because he'll probably take it."

Unfortunately video game shit tier mentality doesn't really translate well to card games. Because of that Priest are going to take a hit on a card that, in all honesty, should probably cost 7, not 10. Either way, this game has some really bad system issues that make it stupid random. Drafting is a bloody mess and 3 card hands, only 2 of each makes it a really daffy game in general. Still fun but no way people should take drop a mint on this thing.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

The only thing that they should have done with Mind Control is changed the rarity from basic to rare, so you didn't run across shittons of them in arena. Arena is typically a slower environment, so MC feels more powerful there. Also, I would kill to have some sort of interrupt effect for classes other than Mage.
    MC is still a good deal, it lets you close out games. It forces a 2 for 1, at minimum, that will always be in your favor. They play Rag/Ysera/Giants? steal it. They kill it? Better their guy then yours. Thats 2 cards from them for 1 of yours.

It is so powerful, it is the main reason people won't play anything stronger than argent commander in the current meta (well, the previous one that is, before mages got so powerful).

Priest has shadow word pain and death, so anything not at 4 attack is easy for a priest to deal with. Priest has the 1/3 priestess that lets you draw when a minion is healed, which lets you easily draw early game. Any 1 drop they have is just a free draw for you, as you attack into it and heal. 2 drops are trickier, since they can be 3/2, but that card alone combined with the shadow words make priest really flexible.

then you can get into the tricks that work well at low level, like the 0/5 who always has attack equal to its health, then you play the double health card and suddenly you've got a 10/10 on like turn 3. Not to mention the heal is good at getting more value for your cards, run higher health creatures and keep them healed. Priestess + circle of healing = massive draw. the rank 10 and higher priest decks can DRAW their entire deck by like turn 4 off of basically common cards, I've seen screen shots of it.

Priest is about tempo and control, and I personally like to use something like Ysera to finish up the game.

Priest can't just survive to turn 8 and easy mode to win, though, so it's going to take a bit of a change in their mentality and decks. You can't just rely on mind control anymore, you need your own big threats out around turn 8. But I think they're fine power wise.

e$ports
    The problem with drafting is that every deck needs certain basic things. So when you draft, you are hoping to all that is holy that you'll get the few things your class needs and THEN you hope you open some of the random bombs you need. I'm not saying stuff that is good to have, I'm saying stuff you need. Because you get locked into your deck as soon as you are done, there is very little room to salvage a bad draft halfway through it.

If I could redesign this thing, I would make you pick 45 cards and then build a 30 card deck out of it. As it is you are leaning way too hard on the hoping that those card packs will get you what you need. This way you'd get some additional picks to makes things less random as well as letting you build out of it. Too much of a hudge pudge right now.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Well said, Pimp. I'm trying to figure out a solid deck to get through the current freeze-heavy meta. I'm thinking that one of the more solid answers would be warrior, due to their class having Warsong Commander, Gorehowl + Upgrade + Captain Greenskin, and various other goodies. In addition, Druid could attempt to counterstall, since a lot of their high end cards either have big health pools or the flexibility to heal when behind on life.
    Pertho wrote: »
    The problem with drafting is that every deck needs certain basic things. So when you draft, you are hoping to all that is holy that you'll get the few things your class needs and THEN you hope you open some of the random bombs you need. I'm not saying stuff that is good to have, I'm saying stuff you need. Because you get locked into your deck as soon as you are done, there is very little room to salvage a bad draft halfway through it.

If I could redesign this thing, I would make you pick 45 cards and then build a 30 card deck out of it. As it is you are leaning way too hard on the hoping that those card packs will get you what you need. This way you'd get some additional picks to makes things less random as well as letting you build out of it. Too much of a hudge pudge right now.

YES. There's tons of times in draft where I'll see a early pick between something like Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Injured Blademaster and Ancient Watcher. My inner techie wants to draft Gadgetzan or Ancient Watcher for some decks, but there's always a chance that draft could fuck me and I'll get 3-4 spells, or no taunt-providing card, and then I'm stuck with a more-or-less dead card in my deck. Same deal with seeing Ancient Watcher early. I'd say that the reason why most people skew towards playing Mage or Warrior in arena is because they tend to have the lowest "I need this card or I'm fucked" factor.
    What are the benefits of golden cards? Just unlocked golden arcane intellect, but it's the same effect as the regular card.
    What are the benefits of golden cards? Just unlocked golden arcane intellect, but it's the same effect as the regular card.

Nothing. It just looks cool.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,580
    Nothing. Just looks better
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    So I should just burn those for crafting resources? Or is card crafting not worth it?
    Crafting is pretty much the only way you're going to get those legendaries. DE and save your dust for a Ragnaros/Ysera/Sylvanas.
    edited December 2013
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    snip

This is your first serious card game, right? I get the scenarios where you steal a bomb ass creature from somebody. But getting a 2 for 1, as good as it is, isn't like you busted a board open for the rape train.
    Cryoh wrote: »
    snip

I think it has to more with the fact that they highest chances of getting removal. Between weapons and some other spells, Warriors get to kill a lot of things. Mages have polymorph and accessible burn on top of the class ability to burn for one damage. Warriors and Mages are the best because they are the class where "less could potentially go wrong."

Priests have removal, but its some weird conditional stuff. They do get the card drawing guy but you aren't guaranteed to hit it. Hunters have some stuff, but it isn't as good as the removal from mages. Warlocks get card drawing (I'm a huge whore for card drawing in general) but the removal is a little bit dicey. They have some slightly better creatures than Mages though; unfortunately their bomb spells aren't as good. Druids have some powerful stuff but they are hard to play in draft. The stuff that lowers your crystals for the next turn is really volatile in a draft.

Shamans have a really good racial and some decent removal. So I guess Shamans are on the list of "shit is less likely to blow up on you." But they need to hit certain removal otherwise they are kind of ass.

So yeah, that's the state of drafting.

I will say this about the game though: keeping the "creatures can attack creatures" directly feature of the WoW TCG really hurts drafting in the long run since you can't try to build up a board effectively. The game is WoW TCG lite (which I did enjoy playing a bit, had a lot of fun and did some great things that MTG didn't), but being able to attack creatures really lowers the power levels of a lot of creatures. A lot more things would open up in arena if you took away that one thing and allowed people to block. Unfortunately blocking is really hard to program and this game is trying to get programed with the least amount of interaction possible.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Like, when I started reading, about all the tears about mind control, I didn't get how a card that's unplayable in magic, is the single worst card ever printed in hearthstone.

I suppose part of it there's no enchantment type of card, just spells and creatures, so it gets a little dicey, but holy dicks 10 for MC is mind melting.

And, arena not letting you cut cards is ridiculous, taking risky picks is suicidal and is something you should never do because they make your deck so much worse if they don't pay off.
    Ontario, Canada
    Pertho wrote: »
    snip

This is your first serious card game, right? I get the scenarios where you steal a bomb ass creature from somebody. But getting a 2 for 1, as good as it is, isn't like you busted a board open for the rape train.

How do you define Serious? I played M:TG, but stopped before Ice Age (a long time ago). I never did tournaments, but I played competitively within my circle of friends. I dabbled in Pokemon and Wow:TCG. And now I'm playing hearthstone at a level that I wouldnt call serious. I have played like 1-2 nights in ranked (just hit 16), and played pretty casually otherwise.

Like, when I started reading, about all the tears about mind control, I didn't get how a card that's unplayable in magic, is the single worst card ever printed in hearthstone.

I suppose part of it there's no enchantment type of card, just spells and creatures, so it gets a little dicey, but holy dicks 10 for MC is mind melting.

And, arena not letting you cut cards is ridiculous, taking risky picks is suicidal and is something you should never do because they make your deck so much worse if they don't pay off.

The difference here is, the game is all about aggression and not being able to be countered. Unlike magic, you can't save counterspell for that minion, or remove the enchantment to get it back. When you play a big creature, thats it, its in your opponents hand. The fact the game is designed to not have to wait for an opponent to react to you, means things are tiered a bit differently. So, because of that, Mind control becomes super good. There's not a lot that lets you straight out steal an opponents card. Mind Control does, Mind Control tech does (with a big restriction), the game is designed for fun, and having to discard/lose your shit isn't fun. Mind Control is the exception to this, which is why it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's also a basic card that comes with the priest, so everyone has access to it, and its felt more than some of the powerful epics (like Pyroblast and Ice Block). I think that plays in a lot, ESPECIALLY in Arena.

I just played an awesome game vs shaman in constructed with my pally. T1, he drops Dust Devil. My turn 1, I cast Blessing of Wisdom (draw a card for each attack). T2. he hits me for 6 and I draw 2 cards. My turn, I drop a Knife Jugger. His turn 3, he hits me for 6 more (I get 2 cards), and totems out a 1/1 totem. My turn T2, I coin out a sword of justice, hit his dust devil, and then proceed to attack him. Took control of the game back, healed up a bit, and totally owned him. Not quite a counter, but it was really the only answer my deck has for dust devil early game lol

e$ports
    It's weird, but I'm seeing a lot of Dust Devil from Shaman decks these days. Are they trying to live out the Dust Devil dream?

Turn 1: Coin, Dust Devil x2
    Turn 2: Attack with both for 12, wait out the overload
    Turn 3: Play Rockbiter on one, hit for 18 to win (or play Flametongue Totem, hit for 20 to win)
    I think maybe its to outrace Mages? Aggression is key.

I forgot the dude also put rockbiter on it turn 2, so I was at 9 life when I killed it. Not bad for just losing out on your second turn. Maybe its fairly low risk? Shamans are fine with giving up a turn 2 drop for a free 6 damage if they go first? Or you can help use it later to buff up your elementals? I haven't faced many shamans in constructed.

I realized how good of an answer argent squire is though, he hits me for 6 but then I get to kill it and keep my card, and he can't even trade for it. too bad I didn't have it in my hand turn 1.

I had a frustrating arena game vs a mage who used 4 flamestrikes on me. Even with my awesome shit like making my worgen 7/7 with power overwhelming, attacking into his 3/6 taunt, hitting his face for 8, then sacrificing him to deal 8 damage to all his minions (including his giant he just droppeD). Still lost. Fuck me. Arena can be so frustrating, but its one of the only time you can get pretty creative with combos. Once used my dark iron dwarf to buff the opponents creatures so I could power word death it. good times.

e$ports
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Just started playing the game, hate the grind to unlock decks but whatevs, Shaman isa interesting to me but I really wanna run Druids. Totems are cool.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    I think maybe its to outrace Mages? Aggression is key.

I forgot the dude also put rockbiter on it turn 2, so I was at 9 life when I killed it. Not bad for just losing out on your second turn. Maybe its fairly low risk? Shamans are fine with giving up a turn 2 drop for a free 6 damage if they go first? Or you can help use it later to buff up your elementals? I haven't faced many shamans in constructed.

I realized how good of an answer argent squire is though, he hits me for 6 but then I get to kill it and keep my card, and he can't even trade for it. too bad I didn't have it in my hand turn 1.

I had a frustrating arena game vs a mage who used 4 flamestrikes on me. Even with my awesome shit like making my worgen 7/7 with power overwhelming, attacking into his 3/6 taunt, hitting his face for 8, then sacrificing him to deal 8 damage to all his minions (including his giant he just droppeD). Still lost. Fuck me. Arena can be so frustrating, but its one of the only time you can get pretty creative with combos. Once used my dark iron dwarf to buff the opponents creatures so I could power word death it. good times.

Eh, I don't think that you'll outrace shit with a Dust Devil, since it dies to hero ping.
    That's true, 3 of the 9 classes can deal with it turn 2, or turn 1 with coin. 2 of the 3 at least take damage when doing that, but you think that it can't work out that often.

If you go first, turn 1 dust devil, their turn 1 they coin and kill it. If you go second, and drop a dust devil, their turn 2 they just kill it. And 2 of the 3 classes that can outright kill it are some of the more popular classes right now (Druid and Mage). But I guess when it works, it works, maybe if you can coin out 2 of them on turn 1 (that must be rare). I don't really know why it's seeing play lately, it could just be because I'm not particularly high rank or anything

e$ports
    I had a frustrating arena game vs a mage who used 4 flamestrikes on me.

The two card limit on duplicates is lifted in arena? Or........

edited December 2013
    My arena is bugged, gg can't play possibly the only fun gamemode until I actually get cards.

Also while grinding out all my basics I was wrecking people with my level 1 warrior, all in aggro, my secret? I built the deck to lose to mage then never ran into mage.

I friggin' hate how the game logs you out if you minimize it for a bit, I'll stop, do something else for a bit, then come back to a big screen that is basically screaming "FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU" at me.
    Ontario, Canada
    I had a frustrating arena game vs a mage who used 4 flamestrikes on me.

The two card limit on duplicates is lifted in arena? Or........

Yeah in arena, it gives you 3 random cards. You can go over the 3 card limit this way. In fact I just drafted a mage deck with 4 flamestrikes myself lol. So dirty.

I find that I'm basically bored with arena, may start to concentrate on Constructed more

e$ports
    So Blizzard did a quick patch, they fixed the arena problems people were having, and they nerfed mages freeze spells by making them all cost 1 mana more

Frost Nova -> 3 Mana
    Cone of Cold -> 4 mana
    Blizzard -> 6 mana

The idea is you can't do a freeze spell + pyroblast in the same turn now, but the reality is that these cards just became pretty bad. Maybe frost nova at 3 mana is still ok, cone of cold at 4 is bad and Blizzard at 6 becomes really bad. 6 mana for 2 damage + freeze? Its just too damn expensive. It might still see play, but I feel the blizzard spell will end up back at 5 mana with something changed (chance to freeze? freeze only characters damaged? freeze 3 random characters? drop to 1 damage?)

e$ports
    My arena is bugged, gg can't play possibly the only fun gamemode until I actually get cards.

Also while grinding out all my basics I was wrecking people with my level 1 warrior, all in aggro, my secret? I built the deck to lose to mage then never ran into mage.

I friggin' hate how the game logs you out if you minimize it for a bit, I'll stop, do something else for a bit, then come back to a big screen that is basically screaming "FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU" at me.

The arena bug has been fixed.