Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

Comments

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,375
    played midrange hunter to rank 12 in one sitting, and did some arena the other day. still not digging HS too much atm. Shadowverse/eternal both better games atm.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,281
    edited April 14
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Yeah I tried rhino, but... it just felt not impactful enough sometimes, whereas othertimes it won the game.

I went with the 8/8 hydra, that shit shuts down quest rogue and pirate warriors when it comes down.

The biggest weak link is kindly grandmother... I think Im gonna swap it for the hyena
    Ye, Rhino is pretty much a coin flip. I just like it with the token synergy from Rat Pack etc. but it's a 1-of for me.
    But was playing a pure beast mid-range hunter myself. 1 Tundra Rhino and 2 Rocs.
    Hyena is so godlike with Alley Cat, scary stuff like the good ol' Frothing.

Built a Priest deck for now, still one of my least played classes and went for the dragon type.
    Works fairly well, good matchups against Quest Rogue and Hunter. Gets destroyed by Pirate Warrior, decent results against Quest Warrior. ;_;
    Even crafted Lyra for fun, I like the card. Didn't win games just because of it but it's decent value.

Did any popular streamer play Murloc Shaman recently? Faced a lot of them today.

[e] Oh and having an untargetable Hyena is so... disgusting.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,514
    Rhino is cool with bird that adapts when it attacks a hero. If you manage to roll wind fury you can get some pretty decent burst, add in some Dinomancy and it's a serious problem.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like the idea, but I think dinomancy goes against what makes this deck strong, which is the threat of lethal with the hero power. At least whats making it viable and giving me wins right now.

Speaking of, I hit rank 5. Final bosses was a crazy priest deck, who got Lyra down and basically almost beat me with a greater healing potion, but I still managed to get value and win by the skin of my teeth with a topdecked unleash for lethal. And then, the final boss was... a dinomancy hunter lol. (He was already rank 5 obviously lol). He did a rat pack, and made it 4/4. I played highmane. He hero powered it to a 6/6 and traded, and I did unleash and got massive value haha. And then that was basically the final win. Whew. Havent been rank 5 in a long time, I never put in enough hours. Gonna see what I can do the rest of the month, at least I can have more fun knowing I can't drop from here

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 863
    Well... Discolock brought me as far as it could... Rank 10.

Switched to OP Quest Warrior. Been slowly climbing, I'm at rank 9 now. What's crazy about this deck is that either you win or you CLOSELY lose. All the other decks, you know when the game is done but not Quest Warrior. The deck is literally good at all stages of the game and has answers for everything. I was never totally rekt with this deck and if I lose it's cause I misplayed or it's just bad luck with draws or hero power.

Just funny random shit that I'm sure we all passed trough... You know when that card that would just win you the game ain't coming?? Right?

Playing against FULL ENEMY BOARD. Brawl wins me the game but not in hand. Barely holding them back with taunt minions for like 5 turns and after each turn no sight of Brawl. Praying for Brawl!!! No Brawl! Literally goes on for 5 turns, just destroying my minions while playing more minions. No Brawl!!! Finally, give in and barely lose.

Next match: Opening hand: Brawl. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD!!!! Mulligan the Brawl away, Brawl comes back in starting hand. I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!

LoL! Luck of the draw sometimes...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "robots".
  • ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Quest Warrior is great. The taunt Warrior I've wanted for a while now.

I play a variant that includes 2 Wizzbanger Mark 7s, manly because I don't have a Deathwing or Primordal Drake. I'm even going so far as considering to squeeze 2 Frothing Berserkers in, but that may be overkill.
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
    I like the idea, but I think dinomancy goes against what makes this deck strong, which is the threat of lethal with the hero power. At least whats making it viable and giving me wins right now.

I agree, the way I've been running it though I've only really used it as a secondary option if I feel I need the value and the hero power won't cut it for the rest of the match, or if I can use it to snowball. For instance, Dinomancied Tundra Rhino against Priest is almost a game winning situation every time, and release the hounds gets a slight boost as well. It's just a really fun card to mess around with. Making threats out of cheap cards can eat up a lot of removal as well and then you just play high mane or Volcanosaur lol.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,404
    I played a really greedy version of Secret Paladin with Lay on Hands, N'Zoth and other heavy stuff. Beat a greedy Quest Priest by clearing his board with classic Equality/Consecrate. Fighting cancer with cancer.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,052
    these ropers every single day when I am going online in HS
    roping every single turn for the most obvious plays, most of the time they prob. can only play 1 card / only got one obvious decision to make
    YET they need 90 seconds
    I will never get how someone needs so long to think

these ppl get on my nerves
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    They don't. They're just alt tabbed and it pisses me off as well. While you're playing the game, the other guy is working or watching something first, then just alt tabs to play when he hears the rope.

Usually, if someone does it to me, I do it in return and I rope every single fucking turn. Enjoy your 30 minute game of Hearthstone asshole.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• AreEyeSeaKayAreEyeSeaKay Joined: Posts: 1,638
    I can't decide if I like disco lock or plain zoo better right now. Disco better for facing quest rogue, zoo better for almost everything else. 90 wins to go for gold.
    Got my first quest from an arena pack since the expansion released. Warlock quest....
    Yeah that's the quest I got too. Crafted war and rogue.

The lock quest needs a control deck, but control decks don't want to be discarding cards. Just seems bad to me. Should be discard 4 cards to be viable, imo. The turn you play it is a 5 mana for 2x 3/2 which is too slow for a tempo deck, and using 1 mana earlier for the quest when you should be playing dudes.
    edited April 22
    After reading some stats, my main class, Warlock, is the worst class in the expansion. Like 40% something win rate. It's has an even worst winrate then hunter last expansion... think on that for a while. Their quest sux, disco sux, handlock sux, it's pretty bad.

Disco is the best deck in the game... 10% is the time when you get the perfect draws and discards... you're unstoppable agains any class. But when you don't, 90% of the time, it blows up in your face, spectacularly.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

edited April 22
    Everyone playing fancy quest decks and shit, while I'm just sitting here playing freeze mage.
    I just hate rogue and warrior quests so much...
    Got golden mage quest and shaman one, meh.

[e] And my new Drakonid Operative count played in a single match is now 6.
    SECRET AGENT COMING THROUGH
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    After reading some stats, my main class, Warlock, is the worst class in the expansion. Like 40% something win rate. It's has an even worst winrate then hunter last expansion... think on that for a while. Their quest sux, disco sux, handlock sux, it's pretty bad.

Disco is the best deck in the game... 10% is the time when you get the perfect draws and discards... you're unstoppable agains any class. But when you don't, 90% of the time, it blows up in your face, spectacularly.

I have faith a handlock style deck will be viable. When an expansion first drops, its the aggro decks that get figured out first, then the midrange, and finally the control decks. Theres tools there, they just need to figure out the best package for them

e$ports
    I tried it for a while... I just wasn't feeling it. It seems to lack something...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Its heal, for so long the class could ignore the drawback of its hero power, and now that theres no good heal, its harder to commit to the tap. Reno, no healbot, and no more smaller things like refreshment vendor makes the class easier to close out on I think

e$ports
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032

I have faith a handlock style deck will be viable. When an expansion first drops, its the aggro decks that get figured out first, then the midrange, and finally the control decks. Theres tools there, they just need to figure out the best package for them

Yeah I got a Handlock right now and it is doing way better than I thought it would. I'm happy about it, I really dislike the focus on Discarding lately, I do not like wasting my cards.

So I can see why they are down, as it is a weird style that doesn't fit into this current meta and something not many would gravitate toward.

And yeah stock up on heals. I have a heal package of Jaraxxus, the 3/3 heal 3, and the heal 4 to each hero chicks. It helps to stabilize against aggro or allow more taps against control and been working alright.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,404
    I have faith a handlock style deck will be viable. When an expansion first drops, its the aggro decks that get figured out first, then the midrange, and finally the control decks.

I think that in Hearthstone, the hyper aggro decks get figured out first. Then the control decks load up on anti-aggro cards to beat aggro. Then combo decks come out to beat control. Finally the aggro decks adjust to become aggressive midrange decks and they mostly end up being the best decks all-around by a super small margin.

From there you can choose to play aggressive midrange to have slightly positive match-ups across the board. If you don't want to think you can play control to beat aggro but lose to combo, you can play combo to beat control but lose to aggro, or you can play aggro to beat combo but lose to control.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    I went on a nice win streak with my handlock deck. No pirate warriors or hunters during the stretch, so I got lucky with match ups. The big positive was that I crushed all the quest rogues, which was so satisfying. Argus is your best friend, makes Drake, watcher and the new 3 mana 4/8 get that magic 5 damage number. You dip super low on health but they can't get through the wall.

Also cruised to rank 10 with murloc pally may trying to complete the play 75 murloc quest. Deck doesn't make sense to me why it works. It is basically playing zoo, but way better thanks to the stronger paladin class cards. Finja + kodo buff is gg vs a priest. Good fun.
    Once I hit rank 5, with the rank floors, I just had fun messing around with decks. I never had it in me to try to push to legend, but I've been having a blast at rank 5 trying random stuff lol

e$ports
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,580
    That's what I've been doing ever since. I just try to hit rank 5 and do whatever all the time. I'm at rank 2 right now though, maybe I'll try to push to legend I still have like 3 days
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 29
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    Got my first quest from an arena pack since the expansion released. Warlock quest....

I got the Rogue Quest in a pack. And since I already crafted the Warrior one, I'm good for quests, although the Priest one sounds like fun in Wild.

I actually have enough dust to craft two legendaries, but I don't know what to craft. I was thinking Fandral for one, because its just a damn good card that can only get better (since I play Wild, mostly), but unsure for the second.

Could get Leroy, could get Grommash, could get Jaraxxus, could get VanCleef (these are the only good Classics I'm missing)...or maybe Elise the Trailblazer or Spiritsinger Umbra. Is there any good class Legendaries in Ungoro besides Sunkeeper Tarum (since I already have him)?

What are your thoughts, guys?
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lyra is FUN AS FUCK so that's my vote for best class legendary in Un'Goro and top craft. I'm playing a Lyra Kaz Raza combination which I'm having a blast with.

Not the best deck and probably not suitable for climbing unless you meet a lot of other controlly decks.

Out of the classic set, I'd say Edwin will forever be a good Rogue staple. Grom doesn't always get played even when Warrior is strong but Edwin is practically evergreen at this point. The most fun one is the EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGIONNNN tho.
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    If Reno / demon lock are still a thing in wild, jaraxxus gets my vote.
    Fandral is a must have for any Druid deck
    Elise is the best ungoro craft just because she goes into a lot of control style decks. Outside of quests, I dont think any of the class legendaries are like bonkers... but Lyra, Sherazim, and Sun Keeper are the three that stand out, with an honorable mention for Kalimos and Pyros. Kalimos is really good, its just the current elemental decks holding him back. Pyros is surprisingly decent in tempo style mage decks.

e$ports
    edited April 30
    I like Kalimos and Pyros myself. Pyros is just on curve goodness and can proc elemental stuff if you want. Getting it early is nice to tempo out.

Kalimos can help with a variety of things, no option besides fill the board is bad. He seems to handle better in my more control Elemental Shaman.

In other news I don't think Fire Plume Phoenix is bad, had two in Arena carry me well, threw two in this Mage deck and they are doing fine. May try them in more stuff.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    My only 3 leg crafts from this set have been sun keeper, the rogue quest, and the warrior quest. I've opened a few others, but none are currently in decks.

I may craft Maya (or Aya?) from means streets though.. Running jade druid for quest and that card would make such a difference.
    If you like 15 minute games craft the warrior quest
    Well I opened two legendaries and got....Tyrantus and Swamp King Dred. Oh well.

Used my dust and dusted some old shit I'll probably never use again for two Dirty Rats and Warrior Quest. Because I am that kinda guy Kim.
    Got my season reward Golden Epic.

Blood of the Ancient One... siiiiiiiiiiighhhh.....
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

edited May 2
    Hey I crafted a golden one of those when wotg came out to match the one I opened lol

I dont remember what epic I got, like shield slam or something

edit: actually it was molten giant
    Post edited by Pimp Willy on

e$ports
    I got Vilepine Slayer which is nice cause I don't have one
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Soldier Without Purpose Joined: Posts: 3,060
    I look at the spectator and play a friend quests that have been sitting in my log for several months now, and it occurs to me that I may need more (read: any) friends that play this game.
    Prove your justice to society.
    You can add me especially for the play a friend quest lol kimterran#1218
    I have quite a few I've met through game, but otherwise add a lot of the SRK people who can help you out. I saw you sent me a request, can help out no sweat

e$ports
    I'm usually too greedy and trade the 80g quests with others @ r/hs for easy 160g. #greedisgood ;_;

Got some Brass Knuckles from the chest, forgot that those existed. I feel cheated.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Soldier Without Purpose Joined: Posts: 3,060
    It's Legendary crafting time and I don't know who to get. I want the Warrior quest, but I'm missing key epics like Brawl.

Since I'm missing a lot of neutral Legendary staples, I'm thinking of going either Thalnos, Alex, or Leeroy.
    Prove your justice to society.
    I'd go with Thalnos for the sheer flexibility.
    You won't go wrong with any of those choices
    I think Alex is the most niche of those, really only used in freeze mage these days no?

e$ports
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,052
    rogue quest is so lame, way too fast in the current meta
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    edited May 5
    Wat? Quest Rogue is way too fast (and lame?)? That's a new one to me.

I agree on the crafting of BMT, even though it feels kinda wrong to do it. The card is so good, yet the skeleton guy is simply... there. It feels underwhelming to craft it, yet the card is still soo~ good and in so many decks. :f
    I think Alex is the most niche of those, really only used in freeze mage these days no?
    Freeze and Burn/Discover, yup
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    Quest Rogue isn't even that good overall, it has a ton of bad matchups. What can be frustrating is that, with the nuts draw, you're basically fucked almost no matter what. I thought I could use quest rogue to grind to 10 easy, and get all the rogue wins I am trying to rack up, but nope. Even if I can complete the quest at a decent rate, Im still dying to so much.

and then I'll get an incredible draw and, boom, opponent is dead on turn 5. Thats frustrating, but its in no way dominating or too fast for the meta. It did help shape the valid decks for this meta though, for sure, but even now its only considered a Tier 2 deck.

e$ports
    It loses hard to aggro in its current state. Also loses to big taunts and board clears.

Like Pimp said, if it gets the nuts draw it wins.. But a lot of decks can say that, too.
    edited May 5
    I wholeheartedly agree with you two, I guess we've all been on the receiving end of the X+Step+Step+Ferry/Panda opener etc.pp
    Sometimes the quest is done on turn three and you get your ass handed. If rogue draws the nuts, well - you're done
    Quest rogue still loses to fast(er) decks like pirate warrior, aggro shaman, token druid, aggro paladin etc.pp and struggles against other midrange decks.
    It's hard to play and has some good matchups against greedy decks, but it's not "too fast" by any means.
    Lame and too fast? Hell no. Quest rogue is in a good place.
    I really like the current state of HS (luckily I already got my 500w Warlock :v)

[e] and whenever someone calls a deck lame, I queue with freeze mage. >:I
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!