Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

1205206207208209211»

Comments

• AreEyeSeaKayAreEyeSeaKay Joined: Posts: 1,636
    I actually miss seeing it on ladder. Grinding out warlock wins, and that match up is free for handlock (well 6-4 at worst). Now it's hunter... Hunter everywhere.. Which is at best a 2-8 match-up for handlock. At best.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,031
    Well King Swampy is better than I thought, but Tyrantus sucks ass. If anyone knows a good not quest Druid deck for him let me know, might dust him for one of a dozen epics I would actually use.

In other news trying to find a Quest Warrior I like. Current builds I've been doing have been to slow, and not as reliable as ole control warrior for removal or keeping the board in check. Going to try some drastic changes and see how it goes.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    me: oh nice my last four arena runs were 12, 12, 9, 12 i should do another

me an hour later: i jinxed myself
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,430
    Man I really fucking hate priest, especially the greedy as fuck ones but tonight justice was served. You know what I'm talking about, the ones that Shadow Word: Death the second they see the number 5 on a minions attack. Anyway I was playing a Hunter C'thun deck and I lost the board at turn 9 to Holy Nova and only had 3 cards in hand. Managed to get a weak hounds + Hyena combo which gave me a 4/3. Instead of trading with his beefy 6/5 or his other two minions dude mind controls my hyena and I proceed to top deck C'thun wipe his board and win the game. Bearing in mind the dude had 20 life and my C'thun was only a 12/12 taunt. A win never felt more satisfying.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,324
    I took a short break from Hearthstone during my vacation but having come back, I am having a lot of fun with Wild Quest Rogue
    29fr2io.jpg
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,267
    edited May 16
    So happy with how viable Mage as a class is in Un'Goro, what worked so far in R5 to legend and there:
    • Secret
    • Discover/Gunther/Burn/Hybrid... whatever you want to call it
    • Freeze
    • My favorite, pure Tempo. Even survived the loss of Flamewanker.
    It's been a while since I did 300 matches in only 15 days. Goodguyblizzard regained some of my faith and trust and hopes.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    reh wrote: »
    So happy with how viable Mage as a class is in Un'Goro, what worked so far in R5 to legend and there

Primordial Glyph is completely busted so it would make sense for all sorts of Mage decks to be viable.
    edited May 17
    No. Glyph is a perfectly fine and reasonable card. Whoever designed it should recieve a raise. A big one. : 3

The cost reduction was a genius idea.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Climbed to 10 with Purify Priest, and got bored so am doing to 5 with Miracle Giants Rogue. Some of the turns are fucking ridiculous, clearing hunters board and dropping a 10/10 on like turn 3 is magic

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    edited May 18
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »

I took one look at it and thought to myself "so this is basically an Unstable Portal that always rolls high".
    Reynoodle nailed it in his review pretty much. You gain access to cards you shouldn't have, it's impossible to play around it and it wins you games you should have lost. I usually like discover as a mechanic, but boy oh boy are glyph and defender in paladin deck the shit... thought it at least sometimes get 3 shitty spells but nope.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I got offered Shatter, Freezing Potion, Mirror Image yesterday lol

e$ports
    reh wrote: »
    I usually like discover as a mechanic, but boy oh boy are glyph and defender in paladin deck the shit... thought it at least sometimes get 3 shitty spells but nope.

Basically the smaller the pool of cards you can discover from, the more like tutoring Discover becomes.
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    I got offered Shatter, Freezing Potion, Mirror Image yesterday lol

Depending on the opponent and your deck that can actually be really good.
    People are always shitting on shatter but with the amount of random freezes you get off of Tome, Book, that stupid 2/1 and discover off of glyph, I've seen it used many times.
    Yeah it's like pally secrets, if you get one it's good, but it's never worth a card slot on it's own. I ended up using freezing potion to stall his big guy because I didn't have any freezing effects outside of snowchugger (yeah it was wild lol)

e$ports
    Secret mage is so fun. Had a guy fireball a minion thinking I had ice block up with 6 hp. He found out the turn after it was actually mirror image, giving me legal.
    So stream monsters made Disguised Toast cry on stream last night lol. Guess he wasn't as immune to the trolls as I thought, he's usually pretty slick handling them.
    Which surprises me, because he seems to always stream fun decks and doesnt seem to take it too seriously

e$ports
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,534
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    So stream monsters made Disguised Toast cry on stream last night lol. Guess he wasn't as immune to the trolls as I thought, he's usually pretty slick handling them.

Really? Got a link?
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    edited May 22
    kimterran wrote: »

Really? Got a link?

From his last broadcast.

At about 3hrs 18min in. He's playing his version of Exodia Mage and getting destroyed all night. This obviously puts him on tilt so he starts making simple mistakes and it costs him a few games. Then some trolls start telling him to kill himself because of his plays and whatnot so he turns off the face cam but you can hear his voice cracking just before he mutes his mic.
    At about 3hrs 18min in. He's playing his version of Exodia Mage and getting destroyed all night. This obviously puts him on tilt so he starts making simple mistakes and it costs him a few games. Then some trolls start telling him to kill himself because of his plays and whatnot so he turns off the face cam but you can hear his voice cracking just before he mutes his mic.

Jesus Christ. If Toast's chat is that cancerous I wonder how bad some of the other, less beloved streamer chats are. Good thing I never read it.
    Thats crazy, just watching the chat. His actual subscribers berating him. That can't be good mentally for him. At that point you're fucking selling your soul for their money.

We would never let that shit slide in Kiblers chat. We even ban fuckers for yelling Lethal if they can't back it up with actual plays, because that shit gets on casters nerves. He needs to buckle down and have his mod team crack some skulls. We get shit as Mods, but the environment is so much healthier for everyone involved.

e$ports
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 852
    edited May 23
    I never understood how written words from complete strangers can hurt you... much less reach you. I guess I'm lucky like that. Then again, I've never been in a situation where thousands of people tell me to "kill myself"...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "robots".
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,534
    Damn that's bad. I love toast he plays meme decks even in tournaments and his streams are always fun
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    I never understood how written words from complete strangers can hurt you... much less reach you. I guess I'm lucky like that. Then again, I've never been in a situation where thousands of people tell me to "kill myself"...

It's all context. If streaming was how I earned a living, and I had to put up with that all the time? I'm not sure how I'd react to it every single day.

That being said, I never look at twitch chat. Toxicity levels too strong.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 852
    I love twitch chat. It's so exaggerated and meme-y... It's like peak human stupidity and that's funny.

haHAA 12 btw haHAA
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "robots".
    I'm in my 30s and have to put up with enough stupidity on a day to day bases. I have no desire to willingly walk into more.

Secret mage mirrors are so dumb! I also am sad it's so popular.. I was enjoying being that snowflake for a brief moment.
    That feel when a mage has your board frozen 4 turns in a row while you watch them secret up, then busting off a flare and killing them before they can run their bullshit. Never seen a mage portrait explode faster in my life. Absolutely the most satisfying feeling you can have in this game.
    I think using golakka crawler on pirate warrior is a pretty similar feeling

e$ports
    I've started playing Freeze Mage again. It seems that as long as you get a remotely decent draw you just faceroll everything except Quest priest. Control Warrior too I guess if anyone still played that.
  • HousecnbHousecnb Joined: Posts: 251
    Funny how some of the old cards sometimes gets a surge of play out of nowhere. Medivh the Guardian saw zero play during Karazhan meta, was only played in meme decks during MSOG, but now is the card too look up for in control matches. It's actually insane how powerful a Firelands/Pyroblast/Free from Amber turn can be with Atiesh.
    I love this brawl. Not that I don't like the current meta, I really miss using yeti and taz'dingo in control / mid range decks
  • OrehRatiugOrehRatiug Joined: Posts: 156
    A pauper ladder would be fun I think based on this brawl. Wonder if they're testing the waters. Might not have enough interest beyond the novelty though.
    They should do a brawl where everyone has access to the entire cardpool and can try out any deck they like. Give the plebs a taste of gold, whet their appetite so they end up spending more cash.
    This brawl is kinda meh, its like impossible to make interesting decks so its basically just curvestone

e$ports
    edited 11:28AM
    Was hyped for the brawl at first, but it turned into meh quickily, too.
    Maybe I was just unlucky, facing in 10 games 5 hunters and 3 face warriors. Pretty boring 8(
    Was surprised not to see any zoolocks, played tempo rogue myself.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    I think classic zoolock got hit pretty hard by so many of the nerfs to the core cards, no more 3/2 jugglers, 2/1 abusives, no PO allowed, etc.

e$ports
    edited 4:12PM
    Yup, that's true, but as most decks got nerfs and are quite gimped by the no epic/legendary I thought it'd be really good.
    This one "only" got nerfs to Soulfire (+1mana) and Juggler. Was early/mid 2014, after the nerfs to Shattered Sun Cleric and Defender of Argus, iirc
    ZK6DsGq.png
    fkn Shieldbearers... Can't think of any other changes right now, so long ago, but it was after Cleric/Argus nerfs for sure.
    That deck was nuts for some time... and it's already 3 years ago, damn. Playing this game way too long.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!