Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

Comments

• angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I got my free pack using just a basic minion swarm deck and haven't looked back.

Control Priest vs Control Priest is not fun. Let me state that now. So much so that I have replaced my control priest deck slot with something else. I had a game go deep into fatigue last night. I won basically because I burned his two Entombs. He had out a Northshire Cleric with a full hand and quite a few damaged minions when I played Circle of Healing. I also ended up with 3 Entombs due to him playing Nefarian that ended up in my deck thanks to Entomb. At the end, we were literally trading burns from fatigue by healing/Northshire Clerics.
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,479
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, that's priest mirrors in a nutshell. If you get card advantage, you're probably going to lose.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Brawl is great to quickly finish dailies.

• AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    blufang wrote: »
    Brawl is great to quickly finish dailies.

Depends on the Brawl really, in general I don't find it any faster.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,512
    Control Priest is not fun.

FTFY.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Control Priest is da best.

Was away from the game for a week plus. Did Brawl with Mill Rogue + Armour Buff, get rage adds, quit game.
    (Now really is the time to Mill Rogue)
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    edited March 2016
    Control Priest is da best.

Control Priest is one of those archetypes that tends to have lopsided games. When you win you win by a lot. When you lose you lose by a lot. Depending on your outlook this may or may not be fun.

EDIT:
    Just to clarify though, I don't think Control Priest is broken or anything. It's just not at the forefront of my mind when I think of "fun games".
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,632
    Control priest is necessary to keep all the other control classes in check, but man, are they annoying.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282
    Who doesn't love annoying though?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Control priest is necessary to keep all the other control classes in check, but man, are they annoying.

Wasn't that the role of mill decks?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »

That requires people willing to actually play mill decks.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,849
    Saitsu wrote: »
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »

That requires people willing to actually play mill decks.

i would be more willing if coldlight oracle wouldn't try to hide from me all the time!
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • AreEyeSeaKayAreEyeSeaKay Joined: Posts: 1,641
    Y5KEARl.png

Poor guy lost his bet with his death lord.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nobody talking about Deck Recipes?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20056279/let’s-get-brewing-with-deck-recipes-3-8-2016

A way to help new players with deckbuilding, by giving them suggested archetypes and then letting you fill in the holes of what you don't have

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    here's the template for a malyrogue deck. you don't own malygos or 2x preps? uhhh.... use an archmage and two tomb pillagers, it'll work great we promise.

i'm sure there'll be one or two recipes for cheap but effective decks, but everything requiring legs or lots of epics is gonna flop.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sleazoid wrote: »
    here's the template for a malyrogue deck. you don't own malygos or 2x preps? uhhh.... use an archmage and two tomb pillagers, it'll work great we promise.

i'm sure there'll be one or two recipes for cheap but effective decks, but everything requiring legs or lots of epics is gonna flop.

I hope they iron out the details, because for thalnos it was suggesting Haunted Creeper and Amani Berserker lol

e$ports
    4F5IRoy.jpg
    An advertising company started painting this today. Expansion confirmed as "Whispers of the Old Gods" as Disguised Toast predicted

e$ports
    Woot, pulled an spare Archmage Antwone from my Brawl pack. Also got a TGT pack and pulled two epics, a gold common, and gold rare from it.

3k in dust right now.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    30 min till the expansion announcement. Hopefully they will show off some of the new cards.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2016
    Pretty cool stuff, I'm hyped for it. < 3
    But with those buff-style decks, I'm curious to see any changes to Ironbeak Owl, maybe even Spellbreaker.
    I love hoot hoot and hate it at the same time... same as BGH.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    Its nice they are giving everyone C'Thun, some buffs, and some packs to push the new mechanic instead of just leaving the majority out.

Also like the confirmation on full dust changes and Druid getting a rework instead of just nerf city. Rework Shaman while you are at it and we good.

So time to hoard gold like nobodies business. Got 3k dust which is good enough.
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Sweet, i don't have to shell out any of my own cash for this new one. Got 4K put away, only 3K left to have the complete thing paid off. Corrupted healbot is looking like it'll be a good addition to the priest decks.
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
    2 months away = kills my hype, unfortunately

e$ports
    Yeah, the turn around from LoE announcement to release seemed rather swift. I figured that would be the case here.
    2 more months? I'm already struggling to stay motivated to do my dailies..
    No Inspire cards....guess that mechanic is now dead and buried?

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,037

Why would it be used here? That was the TGT's shtick
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    Yeah, the turn around from LoE announcement to release seemed rather swift. I figured that would be the case here.

LoE was clearly ready before blizzcon but they had to postpone it so they could have something to announce at blizzcon

if your game has no big announcements at blizzcon it is diablo 3
    1600 dust time

- Ragnaros
    - Baron Geddon
    - Lord Jaraxxus

Which?
    Rag is the most diverse. You see it in a fair amount of decks.

Jaraxxus is obviously good for hand lock and Reno lock.

Baron is the last leg I would craft for control warrior. Very limited use outside that deck.

Well to continue to support an idea that wasn't fully fleshed out. With enough support it could maybe be a real thing.

Well to continue to support an idea that wasn't fully fleshed out. With enough support it could maybe be a real thing.

We've seen 6 out of 134 cards, there very well could be some more inspire cards.

Actually, what we need is a way to buff hero powers in some way, to synergize with inspire.

And honestly, with all the cards rotating out, Inspire might actually see play, especially in Pally

e$ports

Baron is the last leg I would craft for control warrior. Very limited use outside that deck.

Yeah, Baron is literally the last card I need for Control Warrior, I was on the fence because it's pretty limited to that deck. It's really between Jaraxxus and Ragnaros...
    edited March 2016

Yeah, Baron is literally the last card I need for Control Warrior, I was on the fence because it's pretty limited to that deck. It's really between Jaraxxus and Ragnaros...

I am biased toward Rag and I don't see him being nerfed, he's a card like Sylvanas and Boom that I can plug in and he does work either distracting or murdering. Jaraxxus I'd say get only of you really want to do Handlock or Renolock.

Inspire I thought was a really cool mechanic that was just limited by the amount of cards with it. Same with Discover I liked them a lot but HS doesn't seem to really buff archetypes meaningfully in the follow up sets.

I'm sure there will be a few but no more than six-ten honestly. EDIT: Actually ran across this in the collected notes for the set: There will be no new bolded keywords, as well as no new Inspire cards added this time around.

That kinda sucks.

So far not to big of a fan of the corrupted cards, outside of Doomsayer. I do like the other mechanic of buffing cards in your deck/hand/field with other minions and abilities.

Just scared to finally drop one of these big monsters I build a deck around and see it get silenced or BGHed the turn after lol.
    I was also considering Chillmaw because Dragon style decks may be good in the new standard, any thoughts?
    Chillmaw seems great, but the point of dragon decks is typically board control through beefy dragon minions. Chillmaw actually kind of goes against that gameplan.

Plus classic set > else for long term investment.
    Chillmaw is there to make Patron Warriors lose their shit pretty much.
    edited March 2016
    I generally have a "classic set only" rule on stuff right now because of the long term viability of it. Still can't decide between Ragnaros and Jaraxxus tho...

Edit: The internet wasn't much help. Seems multiple people have asked this question between these two specific legendary cards, and it comes down to Ragnaros fits in more decks but is easier to deal with and Jaraxxus is limited to Warlock only, but can really swing games.
    Post edited by angryliberal on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file