Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,474
    Are you planning on playing handlock or renolock though?
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I play a LOT of Warlock. It's probably the class I play most currently. Of my 9 deck slots, 3 of them are Warlock. That's why I'm leaning toward Jaraxxus. Plus I'm not sure exactly where I'm going to use Rag right now...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,413
    Well if you playing a shitload of warlock and don't even know where you're going to use Rag, it sounds like snatching up Jaraxxus is your best bet atm.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,807
    Yeah I'd craft LORD JARAXXUS first since you play a lot of warlock. You'll find better use for him when standard rolls around
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    Done, went with Jaraxxus.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chillmaw seems great, but the point of dragon decks is typically board control through beefy dragon minions. Chillmaw actually kind of goes against that gameplan.

Plus classic set > else for long term investment.

I run Chillmaw in a few decks (like Dragon Mage), your dragons can generally survive the AOE, and it clears the board for your big dudes to have more impact. I really like Chillmaw.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2016
    New Pally Card:
    5 mana spell, summon 5 1/1 silver hand recruits.

lY5rjIi.jpg

Inspire/token pally is alive and well.

Im gonna miss Quartermaster though : (

e$ports
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006
    Lol here comes the new Muster for Battle
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,273
    Lol here comes the new Muster for Battle

The loss of Light's Justice on it though is more important than you would think. That extra tempo gain was huge.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • AreEyeSeaKayAreEyeSeaKay Joined: Posts: 1,641
    And tempo at turn 3, which is such a pivotal spot. 5 tokens on board with no quartermaster isn't too crazy. Still a good chance something will live to be buffed
    More often than not, it's the immediate point of damage I can do that defines when I play Muster...that or I have a Knife Juggler in play...
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Those tokens would still be annoying under a Competitive Spirit buff, or a KoU ping. 1/1s in a bunch are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Been using ball of spiders and kind of enjoying it. Cost is to high for sure but three 1/1s yukking it up and giving me minions when they die is cool.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006
    edited March 2016
    New cards boys

P4aRbqH.jpg

If it takes damage - summons a 2/2 gnoll with taunt)

KTvfSCT.jpg

(if it kills a minion - it can attack once more in the same turn)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Hate these 'corrupted' versions of existing cards, just seems really lazy. Similar effect, similar art...boring.

The giant worm, isn't very good. It needs to survive a turn to use it's awesome effect, big mana investments need immediate return to be playable.

It could be good in a control Hunter, a deck idea ive tried to make work but all the pieces just arent there.

They have to deal with it via removal or trades, to much of a threat to keep up. If you have board control or card advantage it could be advantageous to toss out and drain the opponent.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    More anti secret tech is totally welcome, I don't have a problem with Secret decks myself but our only defense was knowing which is which and Secret Keeper. Pretty weak options.
    Corrupted Avenge incoming.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    blufang wrote: »
    The giant worm, isn't very good. It needs to survive a turn to use it's awesome effect, big mana investments need immediate return to be playable.

even if the card is garbage it is a buff to ram wrangler.

it looks like it'll still be decent in arena and there is the potential for it to be played after setting up a tundra rhino the previous turn. maybe tundra rhino OTK will use it.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,512
    I like the idea of Blizz printing a bunch of random big Beasts that no one will ever put in a deck, so they can be summoned by Wrangler. In fact the more Epic and Legendary slots in the set are occupied by unplayable garbage the better.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    Saitsu wrote: »
    UboB9ni.jpg
    You could say better late than never but still
    Only took them like 3 months of people like myself being tired of laddering before action was actually taken, it was a card HS always needed Secret Pally just made it blatent

Ironic considering by the time we get this, Avenge will rotate out and Secret Pally will be a shell of its former self.

Secret Pally was dead, just from losing Avenge, Haunted Creeper, Coghammer, shielded mini bot, and Piloted Shredder regardless of this card being printed... in standard, at least. Wild is another story though.

Honestly if Kezean wasn't really seeing play, I don't see this seeing much play either, unless theres some really compelling reason for people to play secrets again

e$ports
    I have started dabbling in Reno Mage. I like the deck because it punishes both extreme aggression and extreme control. It makes me happy when Reno beats Face Hunter or when I out-fatigue Control Warrior. It loses to Midrange but I see that as a good thing.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Corrupted Avenge incoming.

SECRET: When one of your minions dies, give a random minion -2/-1.
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    Eater of Secrets goes too far imo, there's a difference between giving counters for a deck and printing a card that essentially reads "destroy target [insert deck here]", less a silver bullet more a silver nuke.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    It's like kazan though. In fact worse than kazan if played raw. Too specific to really matter.
    That's the thing, are super specific "fuck this deck" cards really a good idea?
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited March 2016
    No, they're garbage. It's a filler card for the new set.

Edit: being short because between daylight savings time and my 5 month old going bananas last night everything looks garbage.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2016
    I like Eater of Secrets in general, as we'll be missing Kezan.
    In my grindy control Renolock I run a Kezan instead of a MCT, so do quite a lot other Renolocks - especially at tournaments.
    Kezan an Ice Block with Reno in your hand and the world is a good place.
    The only arch type the card destroys are secret decks, where 1 will be gone soonish and the other one isn't competitive anyway.
    So usually it'll be a 3/5 for 4 mana and removes an opponent's secret... and it's really good vs. Freeze Mage, yes.
    But it's a 1of in 30 cards, a mix between often useless and rarely super good. I'll probably use it, if Freeze Mage stays competitive.
    In wild I'd probably still prefer Kezan.
    Iduno wrote: »
    Eater of Secrets goes too far imo, there's a difference between giving counters for a deck and printing a card that essentially reads "destroy target [insert deck here]", less a silver bullet more a silver nuke.
    Flare?

[e] And most importantly, without Mad Scientist, we'll be seeing less secrets in general.
    There were already Tempo Mage decks without it etc.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Eater of Secrets is actually a great card for wild...the counter for Secret paladins has arrived!

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,515
    blizzard designs hate cards like we have the ability to sideboard where they are hyper specific and suck if it's not the right matchup.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    18 deck slots!
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2016
    Reno with boarder?
    New alternate Paladin Hero: Lady Liadrin. She will be obtainable from an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
    Holy shit. D : Now, give me a Priest hero. Please.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,848
    maybe they just want to do their best to eliminate the 20% or so of Hearthstone games that actually come down to skill rather than luck and rng?
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    highlulu wrote: »
    maybe they just want to do their best to eliminate the 20% or so of Hearthstone games that actually come down to skill rather than luck and rng?

Maybe. That last brawl didnt do me no favors in my assessment of this game.

It's funny but I feel that the higher the level of HS competition that you get to, the more random the outcomes get. It takes a huge skill-gap to overcome even a relatively minor luck-gap, given how easy it is for advantages to snowball in this game not to mention how lopsided some match-ups are.

Sometimes it feels like 40% of the games you auto-win on luck, 40% you auto-lose, and then you have one in five games or so where you actually have a meaningful influence on the outcome. And within that 20%, most of your influence comes from choosing to tech specific hate cards like Kezan, Harrison, etc.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,628
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »

It's funny but I feel that the higher the level of HS competition that you get to, the more random the outcomes get. It takes a huge skill-gap to overcome even a relatively minor luck-gap, given how easy it is for advantages to snowball in this game not to mention how lopsided some match-ups are.

Sometimes it feels like 40% of the games you auto-win on luck, 40% you auto-lose, and then you have one in five games or so where you actually have a meaningful influence on the outcome. And within that 20%, most of your influence comes from choosing to tech specific hate cards like Kezan, Harrison, etc.

I'm not sure player skill matters at anything below rank 5. Deck strength largely carries you, and that's why midrange decks are so good for climbing.

Even up until rank 10 all the players, unless they are good players making their initial climb, are pretty bad.

It's only post rank 5 where you really run into people making plays.

• Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,041
    edited March 2016
    Korbidon wrote: »

I'm not sure player skill matters at anything below rank 5. Deck strength largely carries you, and that's why midrange decks are so good for climbing.

Even up until rank 10 all the players, unless they are good players making their initial climb, are pretty bad.

It's only post rank 5 where you really run into people making plays.

Eh, I don't know about that. There are players who just make obvious plays and switch out decks accordingly. It's not like there is a bunch of huge play making ability every game. There is a lot to play around but you also have to factor that ladder decks aren't always going to be netdecked perfectly. Make safe plays and you'll do well. I get deaded by some random decks thinking too much about what they should have instead of just playing smart.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file