Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

Comments

• kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,807
    USA of course
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    Bonemare the most dangerous card from the new set, very versatile either in ofense or defense, paladin decks using it the most.

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    thrall DK is so YOLO makes shaman decks fun again
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,504
    Yea..this expansion has really open up new shenanigans. My current priest build:
    61c9LQ8.png
    E7A9Ysl.png

I'm amaze on how many times acolyte of agony save my hide against aggro decks. Poppin' Skulking Geist against Jade druid doe?
    giphy.gif

=============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 678
    Big nerfs incoming:

Innervate
    Now reads: Gain 1 Mana Crystal this turn only. (Down from 2)

Fiery War Axe
    Now costs 3 mana. (Up from 2)

Hex
    Now costs 4 mana. (Up from 3)

Murloc Warleader
    Now reads: Your other Murlocs have +2 Attack. (Down from +2 Attack, +1 Health)

Spreading Plague
    Now costs 6 mana. (Up from 5)

Druid and Warrior gets hit, though I still think spreading plague is still decent, people will probably run 1 in their decks.

I will have to see if Shaman Murloc is viable after this.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,963
    3 mana Fiery Lose Axe :sad: RIP control warrior.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    Nerf classic cards as opposed to the new expansions cards to fuck over F2P players a little more than you already have I see you Blizzard
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042

jadestone remains unchanged

thanks blizzard
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    3 mana Fiery Lose Axe :sad: RIP control warrior.

To understand how broken Fiery War Axe was, Hunter and Pally run their 3 mana 3/2 weapons without ever intending to trigger the extra condition, meaning those 2 classes were already running 3 mana 3/2 weapons.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    jadestone remains unchanged

thanks blizzard

Likely, yeah. Innervate let some really shady shit happen, such as doing turn 5 nourish for mana, double innervate Jade Behemoth. It brings Jades power level down, sure, but... Its still gonna be a top tier deck. Which is odd for Blizzard, when they nerf something its usually fucking dead. But patron didn't die, it just evolved. Jade is now just slowed a few turns.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    I just drafted a deck 2 mins ago with Nzoth, the Shaman hero card ( couldve picked cairne here though ), Elise Trailblazer and Aya blackpaw. I also got 2 doppelgangsters lol. Hilarious, never had so many legendaries in one deck.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited October 28
    The current halloween dual arena run event is the best thing HS gave me in quite a while.
    Didn't play much if at all recently, as I neither really liked the quests nor the DK etc. but the arena?
    Pure gold. So overpowered, so random, so much fun. < 3
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hearthstone/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1658008307575264

Complete collection of K&C's cards, was just posted by Blizz a few moments ago
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,297
    Finding room for all this shit in ControlDemonLock is gonna be tough as fuck.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Nothing really stands out like the DKs or Lich King from last expansion...

They bring out Legendary weapons which become totally useless with all the weapon removal. Unless they HoF the 2 cost ooze.

With that said...

Hunter mains on suicide watch after “To my side”. LUL minionless deck LUL

Overpowered Priests get the best cards in the expansion.

Quest Paladin might make a comeback.

Rogues actually get a decent weapon.

Warlock, my main, got some cool new tools.

No idea how the meta will shift but I’m pretty sure Priest will remain at the top.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,807
    Just need to grind 50 wins with rogue and I'll have gold portraits on all the classes
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    Nothing really stands out like the DKs or Lich King from last expansion...

They bring out Legendary weapons which become totally useless with all the weapon removal. Unless they HoF the 2 cost ooze.

Well, that's a pretty dumb way to look at it. Only really 1 weapon is completely fucked over by ooze, and that is Warlock since they dont even get 1 activation. Mages still get their draw, and likely dont want to draw more than 3. Druids get a fucking 10 mana boost if you ooze. Pallys weapon deathrattle buffs a minion in your hand and comes back. Rogue lols as it shuffles back into the deck and then gets tutored out again easily. Shaman is likely better off without their weapon.

So basically:
    Doesn't Worry about ooze:
    Druid, Pally, Rogue, Hunter

Ooze sucks but you get some value:
    Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warrior

Ooze ruins you:
    Warlock

Dont forget they also printed a 5 mana 5/5 ooze lol, but I mean I'd much rather tech in harrison personally

e$ports
    636480024946680084.png

This is the underrated card that is gonna bump up Hunters power though

e$ports
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited December 5
    I'm still on the fence with the recruit mechanic in the Addon, don't really like it. At least for now.
    Legendary weapons are kinda meh for me, even though I'm really hyped about the Rogue one. Having leech & poison is so damn lovely, hope it'll work out lovely.
    98.3% sure I'll get the Hunter one first, but probably won't play much HS as PoE will start on friday, too.
    Please, just please don't let me face even more Priests with all that garbage, since the Razakus/DK meta I now hate the class I loved.

I agree with Willy that the Dire Mole is really, really good, will for sure replace Alley Cats in Hunter decks not running Hyena. Dire Mole and the 4 mana 3dmg+3/3 wolf look quite interesting.
    The new 1 mana weapon will help against Zoo/Tempo Rogue, too. Not too bad in general, but I guess midrange will still be the only good deck.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,041
    This last expansion has killed my drive to play outside of just doing dailies.

This new expansion seems like the new TGT but hopefully I'm wrong. I need Warrior to have fun/good decks. The nerf of War Axe without having a 2 drop worth a shit really tilted me and they say they nerfed it because of cards that were cycling out just pissed me off. I'm really disliking the current state of the game and I loved it even in TGT despite it being a terrible expansion. I didn't mind fighting Secret Paladin, I didn't mind the hordes of Aggro and midrange shaman, I didn't mind Patron Warrior (in fact it's my favorite deck all time probably) but I always disliked Priest, Dragon Priest (new tier1 this expac) and Jade Druid has become unbearable.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
    TGT wasn't power level wise strong, but it made some pretty fun/memorable cards and I had a lot of fun trying to make inspire work lol

e$ports
    Weapon removal will be run in everything if the meta does go that way, a good time for Harrison Jones to step up? Most of the good cards just reinforce existing strategies, I suspect Mill Rogue could make a comeback with The Darkness.

Hunter decks without minions? Pass.

Totem Shaman? It helps with evolve decks but by itself this sounds awful.

Big Spell Mage? Possible.

Priest anything decks becoming the new meta? Very likely.

Recruit does seem like a strong mechanic, I see it being a great way for deck thinning and having a good turn to fill up the board.
    Recruit will have to have decks built around it, not just thrown into normal decks.

Hunter without minions seems like a tough sell, hunter with only high cost beasts and a secret package sounds pretty viable.

And only 1 class gets really hurt by weapon removal outright, and a handful could surely want their weapon for more than 1 turn but at least it does something. Holding onto oozes until late game seems like a risk. Of course if weapon decks dominate the meta, we just put oozes/jones and it equalizes itself.

I think theres not enough to discourage Razakus Priest. The closest is the 20/20 dormant who shuffles 3 candles in (to screw up reno effects), the kobold that prevents you from getting targeted (just absorbs 2 hits or a pain then dies), and just possibly decks who can actually go face and race them.

I want to try a mill rogue deck with the nightmare 20/20 guy lol

e$ports
    I think No Minion Hunter just needs one more expansion to really get there. Not there quite yet.
    edited December 6
    It’s kind of funny that Priest, the top tier deck at the moment gets the best cards, while Hunter, the worst deck at the moment gets the worse cards in this expansion.

Also the reason I call the legendary weapons bad is because I really only see 2 of them being worthy of play. Not just because of ooze. But yeah ooze is a big factor.

The new meta will tell us if I’m right or wrong.

PS: I’m in the same boat with PoE... both expansions are hitting at the same time.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,484
    edited December 6
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    TGT wasn't power level wise strong, but it made some pretty fun/memorable cards and I had a lot of fun trying to make inspire work lol

Which ones?
    There two cards I can remember from TGT are Justicar and Mysterious Challenger, and one of those can go die in a fire.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,578
    [http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/355/615/636480024946680084.png

This is the underrated card that is gonna bump up Hunters power though

Yeah, about time for a broken one drop like every other class. Before Dropping hunter completely I used to play hungry crab instead of Alley Cat just so I don't instalose to potion of madness
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    Naeras wrote: »

Which ones?
    There two cards I can remember from TGT are Justicar and Mysterious Challenger, and one of those can go die in a fire.

Muklas Champion, Twiligh Guardian, Saraad, Justicar, Arcane Blast, Murloc Knight, Paletress, Beneath the Grounds off the top of my head were pretty fun. Justicar in particular was my favorite card of the set. I had a soft spot for inspire playing a token based pally deck though.

e$ports
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,639
    Justicar control warrior rip
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,484
    Oh yeah Twilight Guardian was a card.

Other than that I thought TGT was pretty boring. =/
    Hey guys

did another review compilation thread, this time for Kobolds and Catacombs

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7hwpmt/kobolds_and_catacombs_set_reviews_by_various_pro/

This should help you decide what to craft/dust/avoid/autoinclude. Thread's not finished yet as more reviews are coming out but for now there's over a dozen of them, so... get comfortable, click a link, and enjoy the show
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

It feels like Hearthstone has a cycle:

Good expansion, bad expansion, good expansion, bad expansion, etc.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

The expansion is out boys!
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Initial testing for Controlock

Kobold Librarian, fantastic as expected.
    Spellstone, also great. Half the time it's like having a Lifesteal Fireball. Also fun fact, if Kobold Librarian draws the Spellstone it does get the upgrade immediately.

Hooked Reaver and Homunculus have been testing...poorly. Homunculus feels better in a Zoo deck...but Keleseth is better for Zoo so that kind of bites for him. Hooked Reaver is not the Molten Giant replacement it's cracked up to be. You just can't play the damn thing proactively which bites when most of the deck is reactive as it is.

I'd need a bunch of dust to craft the other stuff, so that's it on my end for now. Oh and Fungal is a great replacement for Earthen Ring.
    edited December 8
    I'm gonna wait a bit while people experiment with Warlock, to see what works best.

Dungeon Run is pretty fun and you can get some incredibly OP stuff in it. Playing Warlock and you get that ring that improves your hero power like Justicar and costs 1 less mana. Card draw for 1 mana, no dmg LUL.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

More thoughts:

I think Midrange Hunter might be able to join Razakus Priest and Jade Druid at Tier 1. The amount of value the deck gets now is just absolutely absurd, while constantly putting out the stickiest bodies there are. It actually outvalues most control decks now.

Also, Ooze (or Harrison) in every deck. Weapons (not necessarily Legendary) are everywhere right now.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,639
    Spell hunter is super fun.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,963
    I love this expac.

0Ge5fkc.png?1

376089736793817110.png
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    Druid is my least played class, and least enjoyed class, by far. But this expansion has me playing Recruit Druid, and I'm having a lot of fun. Cut Hadronox though, it was just too slow, but summoning tons of astral tigers with N'Zoth is a lot of fun.

e$ports
    I like when a new set is out and the meta is thrown out the window while everyone experiments with new stuff.

I'm trying demon lock with Rin and I am very surprised how well the card plays. By the time I play the fourth seal people concede, but I should point out that by the time I play most of the seals my opponent is down to their last 9-10 cards in their deck. IMO it is a "Win More" type of card rather than a main strategy to win (especially if it is one of the last cards in your deck), but it is very fun and can be a big help in the late game.
    dragon priest seems to be good again
    still checking what cards are worth to craft
    overall the new exp seems pretty fun

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file