Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Hearthstone - That other, other, other Blizzard game

1261262263264265267»

Comments

• HousecnbHousecnb Joined: Posts: 255
    Best thing about KnC is beating Jade Druid in the grind game without wasting slot on Geist.

Carnivorous Cube is my favorite card of this expansion so far. Loving them Doomguard combos.
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,877
    Forget Oozes, putting Eater of Secrets in...
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

Thijs literally plays perfectly, the Velen is gone...and he still gets OTK'd from 30. Razakus Priest is stupidity personified. There's absolutely no way to consistently beat that deck because you can just die out of nowhere. You also can't play much of aggro because Controllock annihilates Aggro right now.
  • HousecnbHousecnb Joined: Posts: 255
    I want to believe that HS will become really good after MSOG rotates, as it was easily the worst thing to ever happen to the game (this video sums up perfectly), but idk. They are going way overboard with the whole mana cheating mechanics. It's leading to some really dumb games, and the power level of some of these decks (cubelock for instance) are so high that it might remain a problem for a long time.

Here is hoping the next expansion brings actual new thing to the game instead of just increasing the power level of already existing features. They're doing this for quite some time now.
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,046
    Priest is cancerous and always has been. Giving priest power is and always will be a mistake.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,733
    Priest is at it's most powerful the more expansions are out. When the old sets rotate out Priest takes a big hit.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 685
    I think I will cut back on playing for a while, Raza Priest is fucking everywhere.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Play "The Darkness" mage and watch all the Raza Priests who dont realize they can't play Raza : )

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 599
    well, just happened to me a few minutes ago, this guy filling the board with Giants in 1 single turn, only to be cleared in my turn by dropping Shadowreaper Anduin haha,and followed by an instant concede , that felt so good!
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    I hate priest so much these days lol
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,871
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    So...Cubelock just dominates free?

• rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,341
    edited January 29
    I don't think cubelock will be too dominant, at least pre rotation.
    While it doesn't get any nerfs right now, other decks benefit from them - Kingsbane rogue and secret mage for example.
    Both decks have their issues against aggro decks which get nerfed and both are tough matchups for cubelock.
    Past rotation? I don't know, as secret mage loses some stuff, so does big priest (another bad MU for cubelock), let's see what new toys we will get.

Played mostly big spell mage lately, just the struggle to tech in Ice Blocks or not. Only really needing them against Razakus priests...
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    CubeLock beats Secret Mage for sure. Kingsbane, it's Even at best, really depends on how quickly each deck gets set up in a particular game.

The only MU I'd say CubeLock loses at this point is ironically enough, against ControLock. But ControLock still has multiple bad MUs in format.

I don't think there's anyway Doomguard doesn't get HoF'd in a couple of months.
    edited January 29
    Saitsu wrote: »
    CubeLock beats Secret Mage for sure.
    I disagree. Warlock and Priest being so popular is the main reason to play Secret Mage.
    Aluneth is pretty much an autowin right now against those two.
    I'm expecting way more tech, more silence and weapon removal to shake things up.

[e] vS has it positive for mage too, for whatever it's worth.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    reh wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    CubeLock beats Secret Mage for sure.
    I disagree. Warlock and Priest being so popular is the main reason to play Secret Mage.
    Aluneth is pretty much an autowin right now against those two.
    I'm expecting way more tech, more silence and weapon removal to shake things up.

[e] vS has it positive for mage too, for whatever it's worth.

That is untrue. The problem is that Secret Mage ends up causing more harm than good against CubeLock because Runes basically just allows the CubeLock player to get his Rattle plays off with much less setup and then Skull outright ignores it and the other Secrets otherwise.

Secret Mage beats CONTROLOCK because it simply cannot deal with the excess amount of burn quickly enough. A wall of Voidlords mean nothing if you're just taking all the damage to the face anyway.

But yeah, honestly maxing Oozes and Spellbreakers will be mandatory for every single deck for the next two months.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I doubt Doomguard gets HOF'd, given that they have pushed Discardlock so long. It survives another year at least. And it hasn't been dominate forever, in all warlock decks. Just because its good in a current deck does not make it HoF material. Its not been in every warlock deck forever.

e$ports
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    I love how it took them the end of the rotation cycle to nerf cards that have been overpowered for the majority of the cycle. Not bad Blizzard, only 8 months late.

I haven’t played much this expansion and didn’t invest any money in it. Saving up for the next one.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "Smasher".
    edited February 1
    Grats... but... why play the one with the bucket hat when you could rock Valeera? : /
    Watch - your - back.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,297
    kimterran wrote: »

Welcome to Secret Mage / Cubelock / Kingsbane Rogue / Aggro Druid / Highroll Priest meta.

Pray to gods that the rotation brings enough tools to Paladin, Warrior, Shaman and Hunter to be competitive
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
    edited February 10
    I used to be a Warlock lover but fuck me, I'm so sick of cube/ctrl locks. Why is Rin even a card?
    That card alone is the biggest fuck you to any ctrl decks.
    Cubelock gets a lot of hate but I hate Rin ctrl lock with passion. A single card should not render slower ctrl decks useless.

Gave it a go this month and it's rare for me to be r2 10 days in but today was brutal.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    Control decks have basically had decks that fuck over aggro since the beginning of time, it's only fair that there are some that turn the tables.

They are literally spending 41 mana to get that effect, and the control decks are like "Durr I can't do anything proactive to win." I really, really like Rin.

e$ports
    edited February 13
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Control decks have basically had decks that fuck over aggro since the beginning of time, it's only fair that there are some that turn the tables.
    Err, yes? Aggro > Tempo > Control > Aggro is just the usual way it works? No issues with an outlier or two.

I wouldn't mind Rin if it wasn't played in the deck that starts to build the great wall of screw you from turn 5 onwards.
    To me it's the same flawed design that was Jade Idol, an uncounterable card that has the power to singlehandedly win (nearly any) control matchup.
    Maybe I'm just salty because I played some lackey > Rin, coin, Pact games this day.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited February 17
    Finally at 7/9 classes at 500 wins.
    Druid 35/500.
    Paladin 0/500.
    I don't think I'll ever seriously play those classes in constructed, my work is done. :v
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file