Honda thread

Comments

• fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    ^^^^^^^^^^ facing right (using tekken format) 6,3+mp (or press*),2,1, Punch (or release*).

* Denotes negitive edge.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • EhondaEhonda Nothingness of Xband Joined: Posts: 399
    Its just Honda's game is set up that he HAS to jump straight up over FBs and the timing is insanely difficult and 1 more frame of Lag is considerable. Regardless the result would have been the same IMO. But i have seen Kusu play against top Ken players in japan and win go figure. If this had been played on ARC the result would have been the same just a much closer match.
    aka Nothingness from xband
    t+ T+ -r+ m+ s+ v+ M+ o+
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n6J6aUfa2_8 (me playing ST and losing
    SUMO
  • MixahMixah Joined: Posts: 8,130
    ^^^^^^^^^^ facing right (using tekken format) 6,3+mp (or press*),2,1, Punch (or release*).

* Denotes negitive edge.

Thank you. Is there any escape to this if done correclty?
    Beat... That's all.
  • KhiempossibleKhiempossible NAGEHAME User Joined: Posts: 3,254
    Thank you. Is there any escape to this if done correclty?

yah, you can reversal back hop after low strong. but it'll get beaten if he predicts it.
    "Win when you can; lose when you have to; but always play cheap" - Familyman
    if you're in the corner, that's REALLY dangerous... but thanks. It's seeming to work.
    Beat... That's all.
    i was doing it on occasion this past weekend it can be reversaled but not by all characters. For example i was trying it on Sim but was getting throw just after the jab came out, there are very few frames of animation from when the jab comes out to when you release the button and this is when the reversal has to come out. For example bison cannot reversal from what i hear. He probably can but you have to grossly mistime the loop.
    t+ T+ -r+ m+ s+ v+ M+ o+
    SUMO
  • TheloThelo Holdin' down-back Joined: Posts: 1,144 mod
    I'm pretty sure a well-timed Bison super can escape the loop everytime, but obviously he's got to know exactly what he's doing for it to happen.
    Keeping your cool is always the winning move.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,203
    Thanks to whoever gave me some neg feedback and said I suck at games. Honda is one of my mains and I'm pretty good with him. Hit me up on GGPO and I'll show you who sucks.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Anyone can escape the corner ochio trap if you do it within their throwing range, which you probably will be because it's hard and in some cases impossible to back up enough after a landed ochio to get out of your opponent's throw range. Also, any character with an invincible reversal can hit your tick, although some characters like Boxer and DeeJay can't do this either because their reversal has too many frames of startup and you can do a safe tick or because their reversal doesn't hit Honda's crouching jab. Dictator can get out of it with his super. As for Blanka, your best bet is to try to counterthrow, which is doable because of his huge throw range. Backdashing won't help, you'll still get thrown, and doing a ball won't help because even if you hit Honda he'll still be able to knock you down into the corner again and you won't have gained anything.

Mixah I don't think there are any online resources that have hitbox data, although hitboxes are available in that Yoga Book Hyper thingy. The best way to figure out how to beat Sim's limbs etc is just to get experience with all of your moves against all of his.

Heh that's funny about Kusumondo not doing well in mirror matches. In my opinion the Honda-Honda matchup is the least skill-intensive and most random matchup in the game, it's really hard for even an extremely good Honda player to beat a much less experienced player in it (no offense intended Nothingness, but after all, Kusumondo is the best Honda player ever and way better than any of us here). Also too bad about the 1-frame delay, I definitely buy that that affected his play, and it would have been cool to see how he would have done without that handicap (which in my opinion hurts Honda a lot more than it does most characters, considering how reaction-based much of his game is). Although I agree with you guys, I don't think he would have made it through both of the two best shoto players outside of Japan even if there had been no delay.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
    obviously 1 frame delay hurts huge. think about honda's jab headbutt which is invincible for exactly 3 frames. Adding 1 frame delay to your use of jab headbutt can be monstrous.

and yes, I wouldn't back hop in the corner. In the corner, definitely counterthrow.

But back hop does work vs. grabs. It's invincible on startup. I've reversal backhopped out of gief tick setups midscreen. low roundhouse/grab mixup < back hop.
    last time i played a gief that tried to tick me in the corner like that, he would whiff the spd and then do the 360 + K throw, that would grab me right out of it..

my buddy told me he was doing it just beacuse in case you tried that... guaranteed counter to the hop...

but this isn't a gief or blanka thread. lol
    Beat... That's all.
    Yup i agree with Ultra in this instance. All characters with a full superbar can escape it, also the range is the key if you are outside their throw range then it cannot be escaped. So when you got them in the corner make sure you are outside their Throw range. If you ever look at the yoga book look at the frame data and watch the start up timing of Hondas Bad matchups. see where you can manipulate your opp into doing early wakeups.
    As for Kusomondo Don't get me wrong he still got the best of everyone there. Most of his combos were not coming out that he usually did on his you tube matches, he was able to get out jumping RH into super and J.Fierce, C.short, Headbutt out a few times. but not his chains.
    As for Dhalsim you need to jump in with Fierce, medium splash, short, and RH...keep him guessing. Baiting him is much better, fake a jump in and do full screen HB. this will leave him open and more than likely will be trying to counter a jump. I also saw Kuso stop Sim with Cshort on limbs. very odd looking.
    t+ T+ -r+ m+ s+ v+ M+ o+
    SUMO
  • JudeJude M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS Joined: Posts: 348
    Evo was a great time, I was surprised at how much Honda love there was going around. I had to move when I got back though so it took me a couple of days to get settled in, but I have the Internet now so I'll have to try to get on GGPO some.

Ehonda: It was good meeting you. I'm sad that I missed out on the ST stuff but we went back to our room and all fell asleep. Next year for sure though.

I'm not sure who else I talked to, I met a lot of nice people though. I was the really tall guy.

Kusumondo was good, really good. He just had bad matchups in the finals. Anybody who got to see him play any other matches was able to see a lot more. I saw him do some crazy stuff but I'll talk about it more later. I learned a lot though, I need to practice up for the next tournament I go to so I don't make Honda look bad.
    Walking up and down yo face!
    http://grandmasterjude.blogspot.com
    Psychosquall makes the best avatars.
    Anyone have any tips against Chun? Does Honda have anything that will beat or trade with her stupid priority air attacks in the air? How do you guys go about punishing or even surviving neck breaker shenanigans (reaaaaly hard to time reversal).
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    Anyone have any tips against Chun? Does Honda have anything that will beat or trade with her stupid priority air attacks in the air? How do you guys go about punishing or even surviving neck breaker shenanigans (reaaaaly hard to time reversal).

In the air? A well timed early jumping strong punch is your best bet, will trade or beat Chun's jumping forward.

Don't even try to reversal the neckbreaker unless Chun starts it late. Just learn which way to block and Ochio her after blocking. Be carefull you don't mis-time it and eat Lightning Legs, though.

Main strat against Chun is to just let her walk back into her corner and throw fireballs. Be very patient and work your way up, trap her in the corner and Ochio her to death. If she trys jumping off back wall to get out knock her down with headbutt.
    GGPO name : madpossum
    It seems Chun has tremendous frame advantage after a deep neckbreaker. Not nearly as much as in HF, but still enough to where if she decides to go for a throw I can't seem to do anything but tech it and hope for the best.

And I still can't block it correctly most of the time :(
    It seems Chun has tremendous frame advantage after a deep neckbreaker. Not nearly as much as in HF, but still enough to where if she decides to go for a throw I can't seem to do anything but tech it and hope for the best.

And I still can't block it correctly most of the time :(

She still can't throw you until your out of block stun and you can store your Ochio while blocking so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you really want to get out of there a very well timed Roundhouse Sumo Smash will get you out but leave you open when you land - Chun can cr. Roundhouse you when you land, knock you down, and start the whole thing over again.

Best bet is still to block and either store Ochio or go for reversal jab headbutt.
  • vieja escuelavieja escuela Joined: Posts: 93
    Questions about Honda

1 Which one of his two cross-up - down mk and hk - is deep enough to force the challenger to a reverse blocking?

2 1000 hands with hp: I've read the thread and even watched a video and still I neither understand nor I can execute it. How should I input these hps in order to get the move?

3 Oicho loop: is it possible to begin it with a crouch mp instead of a cr. lp?

4 In case of challenger's cross-up the oicho has to be restored again starting with the forward or is it possible to restore it with down, down back from the crouch position?

5 I need some advices about what to do after an oicho. Another oicho is impossible since Honda would be too far from the opponent. A good move is his buttslam but it's not a good option against shotos who can intercept it with a reversal shoryu. The crouched hk and forward hk are slow and can be punished by a reversal. What is a good mix-up to maintain the pressure?

6 I've read in the Wiki that an eventual move doesn't affect the oicho storage. While playing I've got the feeling that I needed to restore oicho every time I missed the throw and obtained a simple crouched punch. How is it possible that the game keeps the oicho stored if even the throw is missed and a punch button activated?

7 I've tried to use some Blanka's tactics with Honda such as the ground cross-up with the headbutt and a short headbutt followed by a grab. But I realized the recovering time after the headbutt is too long and the opponent can easily punish Honda. Is this correct or the ground crossup has any use I can't see?

8 Has Honda's cr. hk any special property?

9 I've got serious problems to close basic combos such as Splash jump-in/st. lp/headbutt and Splash jump-in/
    cr. lk/headbutt. I can combo the first two moves but I can't finish the sequence with the headbutt.

The headbutt has to be necessarily made with the lp to close the combo?

And the cr. mk can be cancelled into the headbutt?

10 Let's try to recap basic Honda's combos from the Wiki and this thread:

a) Splash jump-in/cr. lk/headbutt

b) Jump-in/st. lp/headbutt

c) Deep Jump-in cross-up/ st. hk (3 hits)

d) Jump-in/st lp/st mp/ ? (1000 hands with mp or headbutt?)

e) Jump-in/cr lk/buttslam: does it combo?

f) Other suggestions?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Questions about Honda

I'll answer the questions that I can because ST Honda is not my forte (I play Old Honda).

1. I believe Honda's down+MK is better for this.
    2. I'm pretty sure only the last button press has to be HP for an HP slap, so just make sure the last button you hit is HP. (hand slaps are 3-5 hits in quick succession. I think the number varies between games.)
    7. Honda... really can't play like Blanka at all. From what I remember, the torpedo will immediately stop when it reaches an opponent, even if he's on the ground.
    8. Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not the best person to answer stuff like that.
    1 Which one of his two cross-up - down mk and hk - is deep enough to force the challenger to a reverse blocking?
    --Both can do this, but they're used differently. Forward splash is more ambiguous, which can be good against characters that need a toward-back directional input for their reversal, and it has a wider hitbox, so it's what you use for crossups on characters with very thin blocking hitboxes (ie Boxer). It's also usually better as a safe jump. Jumping roundhouse, on the other hand, is good for extra blockstun and puts you a little farther away from your opponent, so it's good for starting a grab setup.

2 1000 hands with hp: How should I input these hps in order to get the move?
    --Press fierce really fast 4-5 times in a row. It seems to come out more easily if you're canceling it from something (like crouching short or O. Honda's crouching fierce), but you still need to press the button pretty fast.

3 Oicho loop: is it possible to begin it with a crouch mp instead of a cr. lp?
    --Only on Zangief, but you should never try it on him because he'll just get a free spd on you. I always use one of standing jab, crouching jab, or crouching short.

4 In case of challenger's cross-up the oicho has to be restored again starting with the forward or is it possible to restore it with down, down back from the crouch position?
    --I suppose you could do it that way, but I usually just wait for the opponent to land to do the motion.

5 I need some advices about what to do after an oicho. Another oicho is impossible since Honda would be too far from the opponent. A good move is his buttslam but it's not a good option against shotos who can intercept it with a reversal shoryu. The crouched hk and forward hk are slow and can be punished by a reversal. What is a good mix-up to maintain the pressure?
    --Mix up between jab hands, strong/fierce hands, forward/roundhouse buttslam (which land on different sides of the opponent), walk up grab, and blocking.

6 I've read in the Wiki that an eventual move doesn't affect the oicho storage. While playing I've got the feeling that I needed to restore oicho every time I missed the throw and obtained a simple crouched punch. How is it possible that the game keeps the oicho stored if even the throw is missed and a punch button activated?
    --I don't really understand the question, sorry.

7 I've tried to use some Blanka's tactics with Honda such as the ground cross-up with the headbutt and a short headbutt followed by a grab. But I realized the recovering time after the headbutt is too long and the opponent can easily punish Honda. Is this correct or the ground crossup has any use I can't see?
    --No use, he's not Blanka and the headbutt doesn't work like the ball.

--It sweeps on both sides. If you and your opponent are coming down from the air at about the same time but you don't know who's gonna be on which side, crouching roundhouse will sweep him either way (assuming he doesn't reversal throw you out of it). It also makes for corner shenanigans. Try fierce grab on Ryu in the corner, walk under your opponent toward the corner, and press crouching roundhouse, and it'll sweep him from behind you (and look kinda weird). This doesn't work on every character, and if I remember correctly it doesn't work on Claw and Chun. Maybe Fei too? Don't recall.

9 I've got serious problems to close basic combos such as Splash jump-in/st. lp/headbutt and Splash jump-in/
    cr. lk/headbutt. I can combo the first two moves but I can't finish the sequence with the headbutt.

--Are you charging back soon enough after jumping? You should jump and immediately start holding back on the stick to get enough charge time for the headbutt.

--It can't be comboed after far standing jab, if that's what you're asking. Well, it can for O. Honda, but not for N. Honda.

--Nope, crouching forward cannot be canceled.

10. a) Splash jump-in/cr. lk/headbutt; b) Jump-in/st. lp/headbutt
    --When jumping in for combos, jump with jumping fierce or jumping roundhouse. They do more damage than splash and since they also do more hitstun it's easier to combo after them. Of the two, jumping fierce is usually better, but on some characters (like Boxer) I like jumping roundhouse's hitbox better. Plus, the splash usually whiffs on Boxer.

--A better crossup combo is crossup forward splash/roundhouse, standing jab, crouching short xx fierce headbutt. Charging for the headbutt is pretty easy, I just hold in the direction I'm jumping the entire time (so like, toward the opponent as you jump and away from him once you're on the other side, it's the same direction and you should hold it that way the whole time).

--Standing strong isn't cancelable. It can link into a couple things, but nothing good.

e) Jump-in/cr lk/buttslam: does it combo?
    --No, you can't combo into buttslam.

f) Other suggestions?
    --After I dizzy the opponent I usually do jumping fierce, crouching short, fierce headbutt because it's safer and faster to get out than the crossup into headbutt combo. If you have super, you can do the super motion, hold toward, press up-toward to jump toward the opponent, hit him with jumping fierce, then crouching short, and immediately after that any punch button. Voila, combo into super! Make sure you hope that all the hits of the super actually hit!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
  • vieja escuelavieja escuela Joined: Posts: 93
    First of all I'd like to thank you for your exhaustive answer.

2 1000 hands with hp: How should I input these hps in order to get the move?
    --Press fierce really fast 4-5 times in a row. It seems to come out more easily if you're canceling it from something (like crouching short or O. Honda's crouching fierce), but you still need to press the button pretty fast.

Yes, I realized the only way I could perform it until now is when I start pressing the button while I'm blocking a long move (i.e. Dictator's flame).

Maybe is necessary to have a stick with better buttons to obtain this move from a normal state.

--I suppose you could do it that way, but I usually just wait for the opponent to land to do the motion.

Isn't this the same concept that allows to maintain the charge of a special or a super if the opponent switches side?

--I don't really understand the question, sorry.

If the opponent is too far the ochio move will not lead to a throw but to a simple cr. punch: after that the ochio has to be restored in order to be ready to achieve another throw attempt?
    --It sweeps on both sides. If you and your opponent are coming down from the air at about the same time but you don't know who's gonna be on which side, crouching roundhouse will sweep him either way (assuming he doesn't reversal throw you out of it). It also makes for corner shenanigans. Try fierce grab on Ryu in the corner, walk under your opponent toward the corner, and press crouching roundhouse, and it'll sweep him from behind you (and look kinda weird).

I don't really understand: if the opponent sees that Honda is switching side while walking after a grab, he will also do a reverse block.

Therefore where is the advantage of the cr. hk?
    This doesn't work on every character, and if I remember correctly it doesn't work on Claw and Chun. Maybe Fei too? Don't recall.

Maybe these charas are "light" and they touch the ground before Honda has completed the walking to change the side.

--Are you charging back soon enough after jumping? You should jump and immediately start holding back on the stick to get enough charge time for the headbutt.

Maybe I'm just too slow, I don't know. I'm starting trying to perform a basic cr. lk plus headbutt at minimum distance but I continue failing: is this move a combo or, to connect, I need the deepness of the splash jump-in?

--It can't be comboed after far standing jab, if that's what you're asking. Well, it can for O. Honda, but not for N. Honda.

No. In other terms my question was: in order to complete the combo is it preferable to use a lp headbutt - the shorter one - and therefore taking advantage of his priority or is it possible to close the combo with any type of headbutts?

--Nope, crouching forward cannot be canceled.

It would be very useful to read a list of the most important cancellable moves of Honda.

10. a) Splash jump-in/cr. lk/headbutt; b) Jump-in/st. lp/headbutt
    --When jumping in for combos, jump with jumping fierce or jumping roundhouse. They do more damage than splash and since they also do more hitstun it's easier to combo after them. Of the two, jumping fierce is usually better, but on some characters (like Boxer) I like jumping roundhouse's hitbox better. Plus, the splash usually whiffs on Boxer.

Because of Boxer's small hitbox?
    --A better crossup combo is crossup forward splash/roundhouse, standing jab, crouching short xx fierce headbutt. Charging for the headbutt is pretty easy, I just hold in the direction I'm jumping the entire time (so like, toward the opponent as you jump and away from him once you're on the other side, it's the same direction and you should hold it that way the whole time).

Better but too complicated for the moment.

--Standing strong isn't cancelable. It can link into a couple things, but nothing good.

Do you mean that st mp can link with st. hp? Is this a combo?
    e) Jump-in/cr lk/buttslam: does it combo?[/B]
    --No, you can't combo into buttslam.

Is there any move that do connect with the buttslam?

f) Other suggestions?
    --After I dizzy the opponent I usually do jumping fierce, crouching short, fierce headbutt because it's safer and faster to get out than the crossup into headbutt combo.

Wait a second. Do you mean is it possible to connect directly a jump-in with an headbutt without using any other move in the middle?

By the way why don't you cancel the cr. short into a lp headbutt instead of a hp one? The headbutt made with lp should have more priority.

If you have super, you can do the super motion, hold toward, press up-toward to jump toward the opponent, hit him with jumping fierce, then crouching short, and immediately after that any punch button. Voila, combo into super!

I didn't think about it and it's very useful. Anyway I'm technically too far to combo super moves for the moment: the ability of combining charging supers is, in my opinion, the most complicated technical stuff to perform in St.
    Make sure you hope that all the hits of the super actually hit!

The less I use Honda's super the better I feel. The only use of it that I found is too pass through fireballs - especially Chun's ones - hoping I dont miss the short window of invulnerability (Ryu's fireballs can block the super at his beginning).

And without mention the fact that good players can always hit me with a reversal in the big gap between the first and the second headbutt.

Other questions:

1 Would you complete my list of basic combos? (no supers involved or Kusumondo only combos)

2 The jump-in with lk can be considered as an instant overhead?

3 Is there any difference, in terms of range and damages, while making an ochio throw using the different punch buttons?

4 Aside his forward hk, what do you use as attack while you are walking towards your opponent?

If the opponent is too far the ochio move will not lead to a throw but to a simple cr. punch: after that the ochio has to be restored in order to be ready to achieve another throw attempt?
    No, you can do the ochio motion, mash punch all day, and if the opponent gets close he'll be ochio'ed.

It's actually pretty handy when, say, Chun-Li is doing her MP -> walk -> MP -> walk -> MP -> walk -> throw annoyances - you can just store the ochio, hold down-back to block the hits and repeatedly hit MP while in block stun, and if you're lucky that'll either get the ochio at some point or interrupt her throw attempt with a crouch MP.
    I'm pretty sure only the Fierce (HP) Headbutt will work in combos. Your spending too much time worrying about obscure combos, that's not Honda's game. The basic Jump in Fierce, cr.Short, Fierce Headbutt does good damage and more importantly it knocks down (good when playing charcacters that try to keep Honda out). The rest of the time concentrate on setting up throws.

All the Ochios have same range (as far as I can tell), Fierce does more damage and does a lot more stun damage.

When walking towards an opponent I stick out st. jabs (stops lots of moves). Especially against another Honda. Cr. strong has good priority and stops lots of pokes (good against Guile's cr. forward kick) but it is slower.
    Okay, my question for today is for fighting Dictator.

I can deal with most of his tricks, except this one: I'm in the left corner, Dic does a psycho crusher against me, then he actually recovers behind me and immediately throws me.

I've tried to counter-ochio him a ton of times (when in the left corner, I do left~down~right+P) but it never seems to work. I guess the one-frame turnaround prevents me from properly ochioing since I start the motion facing right then end it facing left.

For now I just avoid getting cornered at all to avoid this trap, but maybe there's a better way to counter this?
    Well you can just regular throw, no fancy motions needed for that. Any throw into the corner to ochio loop! It's not a good idea for Dic to put himself in the corner against Honda like that, just too risky. You can also do buttslam if you're not confident in reversal throwing.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    I find that a MK sumo splash does wonders in that situation. Just make sure to cancel out of your blockstun recovery (which can be tricky depending on whether a MP or HP PC was used).

Or if you feel daunting, a MP HHS should connect for 2-3 hits (usually because the Bison player is going for a throw instead of blocking). This is a bit difficult because depending on when you start rapid tapping MP, you could do the HHS in the wrong direction.
    Not really worth trying hands there, it has too many throwable startup frames.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    Not really worth trying hands there, it has too many throwable startup frames.
    Yeah, that's the difficulty - I'm in blockstun the whole time up to Dic's throw, and it seems any move I try to do gets thrown, let alone the slaps or jumping. I thought I even tried reversal buttslamming but I might be wrong.

I'll try to counter-throw and see how it works.
    Reversal buttslam always beats all throws, so both that and reversal normal throw should do the trick. Both equal Dictator getting ochio looped.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    Yes i prefer Mp Butt smash vs Dict. this is safe. True H.Hands can be counter thrown if he is very close. Like Davis Said to many start up frames. You could always do J Head butt to stop the psycho in the first place.
    t+ T+ -r+ m+ s+ v+ M+ o+
    SUMO
    Here is a question I haven't seen answered:

Is there any benefit to using MP hands over FP hands?

As far as I can tell, the difference between the two is that FP hands does a lot more damage, but is a lot harder to execute. That said, would using FP hands be good to use, when you have a lot of time to concentrate and focus on simply mashing HP?

For example, a common follow up to an oicho is MP hands. but during an oicho, you have a ton of time to concentrate and focus on mashing HP, usually I can get FP hands to come out.
    IIRC, all that HHS requires to be executed is that four punch buttons were previously hit in quick succession; they can be any punch buttons. The last one just has to be HP for the HP hands to come out.
    IIRC, all that HHS requires to be executed is that four punch buttons were previously hit in quick succession; they can be any punch buttons. The last one just has to be HP for the HP hands to come out.

you don't recall very correctly, cause that way of doing mash moves didn't exist until later (cvs2 is where people are actually familiar with it, but I'm not sure how it's done in A2/A3/mvc2 etc)

in ST you have to mash the one button and the rapidity you need to mash with must be fastest with the harder strength. In fact it's impossible to do s.FP kara-ed into FP HHS. I can't do it anyway. I can't do FP mash moves reliably at all.

doing cvs2 style doesn't work (though will in HD).

so back to the question, I'm pretty sure fierce HHS travels way further.

I'd be careful with the hands though. it's possible to actually cross people up with the hands. I don't play honda, but sometimes I'll have a honda try and meaty hands on me, then do the mp/hp hands too early and cross over my body with the forward momentum while I wake up with the back turned to me, hands going away from my body.
    Well it did exist before ST, you could do that in WW, CE, and HF. But your right, it doesn't work in ST.
    Well it did exist before ST, you could do that in WW, CE, and HF. But your right, it doesn't work in ST.
    Ah, I see. ._.
  • JudeJude M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS Joined: Posts: 348
    Unless you don't want to move forward that far, I think the FP Hands are superior in every way. You just won't be able to do them every time.

Besides doing more damage the hits are closer together too. I'm pretty sure that they hit on every other frame where as the MP ones hit every third frame and the LP are every fourth, or something like that. I'm pretty sure that I've seen Zangeif 360 people out of them after getting hit so the less time inbetween hits the better.

Speaking of FP Hands, let's talk about openings. What kind of stuff do you like to do at the beginning of a round?
    Walking up and down yo face!
    http://grandmasterjude.blogspot.com
    Psychosquall makes the best avatars.
    I hold down-back visibly at the beginning of the round. Then, I walk forward. ^_^

Unless I know for a fact that they're going to jump in.
  • ShinVegaShinVega Shoryuken'n est. 92' Joined: Posts: 191
    Unless you don't want to move forward that far, I think the FP Hands are superior in every way. You just won't be able to do them every time.

Besides doing more damage the hits are closer together too. I'm pretty sure that they hit on every other frame where as the MP ones hit every third frame and the LP are every fourth, or something like that. I'm pretty sure that I've seen Zangeif 360 people out of them after getting hit so the less time inbetween hits the better.

The HHS attack frames are back to back so there is no gap between them (for all strengths), the only way gief could SPD honda AFTER being initially hit by the HHS is by performing the SPD outside of honda's HHS range (specific to the attack at the given time, so it might have appeared to look like gief reversed it)

The start-up frames for the HHS (Hundred Hand Slap) goes as follows: 5, 8, 11 so for those who don't fully understand the HHS, if you were able to mash the desired strength button at light speed it would still take 11 frames for the HHS to come out (i.e. you really need to be able to mash fast enough to exit mash-throws after 1 hit, it's really not that difficult with a little practice).

There are 3 different sets of attack boxes and hit boxes for the HHS. The attack sequence for the HHS is mid, high, low (repeat). The HHS will have 6 attacks for jab and strong, but fierce has a set of 11 (note: the jab and fierce have the exact same amount of total frames from start to finish; with strong having slightly less). I would only recommend using fierce as each attack only lasts 1 frame <besides the initial mid attack having 2> [ST players should already account for the start up].

Damage is as follows: (1st hit)+(2nd hit)+(3rd hit)
    Jab 15+15+14
    Strong 16+16+15
    Fierce 17+17+16

As for canceling the s.Fierce into Fierce HHS; I'm sure it's impossible since you cannot special or super cancel s.Fierce (unless I've totally misunderstood the YBH).

Hope this helps :wgrin:
    No freely available material is allowed on this site, no exceptions. - ptp
    SF2 Code v1.0: t s+ T++ r f++ g+ m+ s+ v++ M++ n++:-- o++
  • zaspacerzaspacer Joined: Posts: 553
    ST Honda page up at streetfighterdojo.com

I finally got ST E. Honda section up at streetfighterdojo.com.

The link is:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/superturbo/honda/hondamatches.html
    streetfighterdojo.com - video library of top players
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    bump
    Respected... simple as that.