Marvel's Netflix Universe: The Defenders...NOW PLAYING

Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickeryJoined: Posts: 12,637 mod
edited August 18 in General Discussion
5 new Marvel series on Netflix!

I'm always down for Matt Murdock getting screentime. That casting has me waiting though. Wasn't Michael C Hall gonna be a prospect for another Daredevil project anyways?
http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event
Post edited by Syke1 on
رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
«13456765

Comments

  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,637 mod
    Yeah imagine someone like Hood on the screen?

    This could really work out for the street level characters.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,583
    Fuckin YES. Luke Cage (please get Terry Crews) and Daredevil. Been waiting for this to happen

    "I wake up and piss excellence"
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,984
    I am hyped for Daredevil and Iron Fist.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    probably wont be terry crews since hes on brooklyn 99

    whoever does the fights on arrow needs to do iron fist.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    Where is PUNISHER?!?!?!
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    This opens the floodgates for these guys to pop up in Avengers 3.
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Magegg wrote: »
    Where is PUNISHER?!?!?!

    He doesn't fit
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,583
    Black Panther probably getting his own movie, that may be why he's absent from this line-up

    "I wake up and piss excellence"
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Black Panther probably getting his own movie, that may be why he's absent from this line-up

    "What is bait?" Alex.
    Post edited by RockBogart on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,984
    Why would anyone want Black Panther mixed up with a bunch of street level guys? His Hell's Kitchen run never happened guys.[/denial]

    I hope Moon Knight shows up in this at some point.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • ChananigansChananigans Joined: Posts: 427
    Terrible line up. It should be Dr. Strange, Hulk, Powerman, and Valkry.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    So a bunch of my favorite street level heroes getting shows? To say I am giddy as a school girl is an understatement.

    The only thing that would make this better is if Iron Fist and Luke Cage shows eventually merge for...HEROES FOR HIRE!

    My life would be complete then. Also we need the Dr. Doom/Luke Cage nonsense in a two-part episode.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nerds always trying to be over budget
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,136
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    So hype for Iron Fist
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

    Youtube: Dentalplan
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    So hype for Iron Fist

    stream online from netflix.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,637 mod
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

    Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,136
    Says it's not available for my country yet
    I'll find other ways
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

    Youtube: Dentalplan
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,192
    I'm in if they get the costumes right. Iron Fist better get that outfit from Marvel 3.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,934
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

    Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.

    Certain parts of the world Netflix doesn't workand its services are actually kept out of the people's hands via blocks and laws.


    That being said, by itself it sounds awesome, attached to the Defenders name, I think it is lame... fuck the budget, fuck Fox having ownership of Silver Surfer (and maybe Namor) and fuck Hulk already being on the Avengers, I wanted to see classic Defenders antagonists such as the Xenmu or the Head men.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage! Heroes For Hire! Moon Knight would be awesome too. I hope these are good. I really really want these to be good.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage! Heroes For Hire! Moon Knight would be awesome too. I hope these are good. I really really want these to be good.

    if they do well i can easily see it spinning off into a heroes for hire movie of some kind.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was right. The app I mentioned does give you access to a country's Netflix collection. "Traveling With Netflix" prompt pops up. Your selection varies by country.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    interesting...bendis's tumblr...he responded to a question about the new shows...apparently he's been working on gettin jessica jones on tv since 05.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    maxx wrote: »
    Wellman wrote: »
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

    Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.

    Certain parts of the world Netflix doesn't workand its services are actually kept out of the people's hands via blocks and laws.


    That being said, by itself it sounds awesome, attached to the Defenders name, I think it is lame... fuck the budget, fuck Fox having ownership of Silver Surfer (and maybe Namor) and fuck Hulk already being on the Avengers, I wanted to see classic Defenders antagonists such as the Xenmu or the Head men.

    dat nerd rage..so funny and so useless.

    You know he will go on Facebook and rant, and eventually still watch it and start praising the work. Nerd cycle in effect.

    I would dig a Punisher series as well if it was stand alone, I think it could work well. Moon Knight would be sweet of course. But I think they have most angles covered already with what they have.

    Excited to see Daredevil, he has a great list of villains to use and the atmosphere would be great.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    AYO?! wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    Wellman wrote: »
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

    What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

    Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.

    Certain parts of the world Netflix doesn't workand its services are actually kept out of the people's hands via blocks and laws.


    That being said, by itself it sounds awesome, attached to the Defenders name, I think it is lame... fuck the budget, fuck Fox having ownership of Silver Surfer (and maybe Namor) and fuck Hulk already being on the Avengers, I wanted to see classic Defenders antagonists such as the Xenmu or the Head men.

    dat nerd rage..so funny and so useless.

    You know he will go on Facebook and rant, and eventually still watch it and start praising the work. Nerd cycle in effect.

    I would dig a Punisher series as well if it was stand alone, I think it could work well. Moon Knight would be sweet of course. But I think they have most angles covered already with what they have.

    Excited to see Daredevil, he has a great list of villains to use and the atmosphere would be great.

    supertroll right now on facebook lol, his nerd rage is pretty much the comic book guy from the simpsons:

    Why doesn't marvel just merge iron fist and cage in heros for hire...and WTF is Jessica getting her own show why not ms marvel instead.

    WTF DC...hour man gets his own TV show but not nightwing. What does dick gotta do to get a fucking live action TV series already.

    Seriously DC WTF!


    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    maxx wrote: »
    interesting...bendis's tumblr...he responded to a question about the new shows...apparently he's been working on gettin jessica jones on tv since 05.

    Hope he loses his hands in a horrific accident :coffee:




    Yeah, wtf at that Hour Man bullshit :rofl:


    DC Wildn

    Nightwing could actually be more successful than Arrow. Shit, Nightwing could be an Arrow spinoff.


  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,583
    I wouldn't mind a Punisher series either, especially if they can get Ray Stevensen back. I was probably the only guy that like Punisher: War Zone

    "I wake up and piss excellence"
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,637 mod
    So I guess after Disney bit the bullet a few months ago and added their animated flicks to Netflix they really we're probably the ones to push this. Their movies have been in the top viewed since they were introduced. They probably knew that "underground tv buff" and comic reader crowd would eat this up and it's really low risk. But I hope Bendis has a big say and will approve the writing/casting.

    At least no Joe.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RockBogart wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    interesting...bendis's tumblr...he responded to a question about the new shows...apparently he's been working on gettin jessica jones on tv since 05.

    Hope he loses his hands in a horrific accident :coffee:




    Yeah, wtf at that Hour Man bullshit :rofl:


    DC Wildn

    Nightwing could actually be more successful than Arrow. Shit, Nightwing could be an Arrow spinoff.


    how would you wanna play off nightwing? is he part of the batverse or no? supertroll is saying that the flash actor for arrow is goin to be the actor for the movie. so do we establish nightwing as part of the bigger dc film universe?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    HD-Man wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Punisher series either, especially if they can get Ray Stevensen back. I was probably the only guy that like Punisher: War Zone

    Punisher War Zone was pretty accurate to Garth Ennis' Punisher runs, I enjoyed it but I liked the Thomas Jane one more myself. I still think Marvel can do better with that franchise and a television show may be a good way of doing it.

    I am pretty damn sure they will have a cross promotion show for Heroes for Hire in the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series to test the waters before jumping the gun. Like Part one in one show, part two in the other. I think they can each hold an individual series well enough to not merge them so soon.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
«13456765