Marvel's Netflix Universe: Iron Fist is...NOW PLAYING

Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickeryJoined: Posts: 12,539 mod
edited March 17 in General Discussion
5 new Marvel series on Netflix!

I'm always down for Matt Murdock getting screentime. That casting has me waiting though. Wasn't Michael C Hall gonna be a prospect for another Daredevil project anyways?
http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event
Post edited by Syke1 on
رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever

Comments

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,539 mod
    Yeah imagine someone like Hood on the screen?

This could really work out for the street level characters.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,522
    Fuckin YES. Luke Cage (please get Terry Crews) and Daredevil. Been waiting for this to happen

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,296
    I am hyped for Daredevil and Iron Fist.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,802 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    probably wont be terry crews since hes on brooklyn 99

whoever does the fights on arrow needs to do iron fist.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,798
    Where is PUNISHER?!?!?!
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    This opens the floodgates for these guys to pop up in Avengers 3.
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Magegg wrote: »
    Where is PUNISHER?!?!?!

He doesn't fit
    Black Panther probably getting his own movie, that may be why he's absent from this line-up

edited November 2013
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Black Panther probably getting his own movie, that may be why he's absent from this line-up

"What is bait?" Alex.
    Post edited by RockBogart on
    Why would anyone want Black Panther mixed up with a bunch of street level guys? His Hell's Kitchen run never happened guys.[/denial]

I hope Moon Knight shows up in this at some point.
  • ChananigansChananigans Joined: Posts: 427
    Terrible line up. It should be Dr. Strange, Hulk, Powerman, and Valkry.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    So a bunch of my favorite street level heroes getting shows? To say I am giddy as a school girl is an understatement.

The only thing that would make this better is if Iron Fist and Luke Cage shows eventually merge for...HEROES FOR HIRE!

My life would be complete then. Also we need the Dr. Doom/Luke Cage nonsense in a two-part episode.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Nerds always trying to be over budget
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,131
    I hope I get access to this somehow
    Netflix isn't common where I live

So hype for Iron Fist
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
    Xr0s-up wrote: »

So hype for Iron Fist

stream online from netflix.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,539 mod

What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,131
    Says it's not available for my country yet
    I'll find other ways
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,183
    I'm in if they get the costumes right. Iron Fist better get that outfit from Marvel 3.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,880
    Syke1 wrote: »

What does this mean? You only need innanet and a subscription. Netflix isn't a channel.

Do netflix shows get ripped? Or do people just screen cap episodes? I never seen a pirated Netflix show. Never had to.

Certain parts of the world Netflix doesn't workand its services are actually kept out of the people's hands via blocks and laws.

That being said, by itself it sounds awesome, attached to the Defenders name, I think it is lame... fuck the budget, fuck Fox having ownership of Silver Surfer (and maybe Namor) and fuck Hulk already being on the Avengers, I wanted to see classic Defenders antagonists such as the Xenmu or the Head men.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage! Heroes For Hire! Moon Knight would be awesome too. I hope these are good. I really really want these to be good.
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage! Heroes For Hire! Moon Knight would be awesome too. I hope these are good. I really really want these to be good.

if they do well i can easily see it spinning off into a heroes for hire movie of some kind.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    I was right. The app I mentioned does give you access to a country's Netflix collection. "Traveling With Netflix" prompt pops up. Your selection varies by country.
    interesting...bendis's tumblr...he responded to a question about the new shows...apparently he's been working on gettin jessica jones on tv since 05.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »
    Wellman wrote: »

Certain parts of the world Netflix doesn't workand its services are actually kept out of the people's hands via blocks and laws.

That being said, by itself it sounds awesome, attached to the Defenders name, I think it is lame... fuck the budget, fuck Fox having ownership of Silver Surfer (and maybe Namor) and fuck Hulk already being on the Avengers, I wanted to see classic Defenders antagonists such as the Xenmu or the Head men.

dat nerd rage..so funny and so useless.

You know he will go on Facebook and rant, and eventually still watch it and start praising the work. Nerd cycle in effect.

I would dig a Punisher series as well if it was stand alone, I think it could work well. Moon Knight would be sweet of course. But I think they have most angles covered already with what they have.

Excited to see Daredevil, he has a great list of villains to use and the atmosphere would be great.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    edited November 2013
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Wellman wrote: »

dat nerd rage..so funny and so useless.

You know he will go on Facebook and rant, and eventually still watch it and start praising the work. Nerd cycle in effect.

I would dig a Punisher series as well if it was stand alone, I think it could work well. Moon Knight would be sweet of course. But I think they have most angles covered already with what they have.

Excited to see Daredevil, he has a great list of villains to use and the atmosphere would be great.

supertroll right now on facebook lol, his nerd rage is pretty much the comic book guy from the simpsons:

Why doesn't marvel just merge iron fist and cage in heros for hire...and WTF is Jessica getting her own show why not ms marvel instead.

WTF DC...hour man gets his own TV show but not nightwing. What does dick gotta do to get a fucking live action TV series already.

Seriously DC WTF!

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited November 2013
    interesting...bendis's tumblr...he responded to a question about the new shows...apparently he's been working on gettin jessica jones on tv since 05.

Hope he loses his hands in a horrific accident :coffee:

Yeah, wtf at that Hour Man bullshit :rofl:

DC Wildn

Nightwing could actually be more successful than Arrow. Shit, Nightwing could be an Arrow spinoff.

I wouldn't mind a Punisher series either, especially if they can get Ray Stevensen back. I was probably the only guy that like Punisher: War Zone

So I guess after Disney bit the bullet a few months ago and added their animated flicks to Netflix they really we're probably the ones to push this. Their movies have been in the top viewed since they were introduced. They probably knew that "underground tv buff" and comic reader crowd would eat this up and it's really low risk. But I hope Bendis has a big say and will approve the writing/casting.

At least no Joe.

RockBogart wrote: »

Hope he loses his hands in a horrific accident :coffee:

Yeah, wtf at that Hour Man bullshit :rofl:

DC Wildn

Nightwing could actually be more successful than Arrow. Shit, Nightwing could be an Arrow spinoff.

how would you wanna play off nightwing? is he part of the batverse or no? supertroll is saying that the flash actor for arrow is goin to be the actor for the movie. so do we establish nightwing as part of the bigger dc film universe?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    HD-Man wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Punisher series either, especially if they can get Ray Stevensen back. I was probably the only guy that like Punisher: War Zone

Punisher War Zone was pretty accurate to Garth Ennis' Punisher runs, I enjoyed it but I liked the Thomas Jane one more myself. I still think Marvel can do better with that franchise and a television show may be a good way of doing it.

I am pretty damn sure they will have a cross promotion show for Heroes for Hire in the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series to test the waters before jumping the gun. Like Part one in one show, part two in the other. I think they can each hold an individual series well enough to not merge them so soon.
    edited November 2013
    how would you wanna play off nightwing? is he part of the batverse or no? supertroll is saying that the flash actor for arrow is goin to be the actor for the movie. so do we establish nightwing as part of the bigger dc film universe?

Well most of the villains they're using for Arrow for Season 2 are more associated with Nightwing and Batman :rofl:

I dont even know how that shit works these days. DC and WB dont know what the hell they're doing and I'm not going to pretend like I do.
    RockBogart wrote: »

Well most of the villains they're using for Arrow for Season 2 are more associated with Nightwing and Batman :rofl:

I dont even know how that shirt works these days. DC and WB dont know what the hell they're doing and I'm not going to pretend like I do.

i can see more associated but arrow def has his ties to the league in lady shiva. which is why i felt like this version of arrow resembles more of connor.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    I wish they'd not do separate Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows and just do Heroes For Hire.

I mean, maybe have the first couple of episodes go into their origin stories, maybe flipping between them until they eventually come together.

I want Iron Fist to have his own show. The mythos he was given in Immortal Iron Fist should not be ignored.

• PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,180
    Well, if the two series do well, we should get H4H anyway I guess.

Random thought, but i'd throw all of my money at an Iron Fist/H4H game by Platinum.
    spread'em
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does anyone honestly want a Jessica Jones show?

Abc sure as shit didn't, and I don't either, not even if the screenwriter from TWILIGHT is developing it lol.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,124
    if they don't use the black Luke Cage you know that the white agenda is actually an alien invasion
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487
    Luke Cage is Black He couldn't be done any other way! Marvel has its head up its ass currently with all of this DC new 52 bullshit. Black Nick Fury just like in the movies, new muslim Ms Marvel, New Characters stealing old Characters personas! God I hate it If you want a Muslim or Black character MAKE A NEW CHARACTER I hate when industries and and writers get lazy. I want a gay Character alright lets fuck off a preexisting character everyone likes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! No just no make a Goddamn NEW one! Power Man is BLACK POWER MAN IS ALWAYS BLACK!

That being said both series could hold thier own I agree, but one of the coolest things was when both united under a common front Heroes for Hire was awesome if no one read the original and continued run go out and buy it it was a great read. Im glad both Iron Fist and Power Man are getting a bone, I love those characters.
  • DebaserDebaser no box required Joined: Posts: 764
    Michale Rosenbaum for Luke Cage
    Edward James Olmos? You got class man! Kemo Sabe!
    -Gandido
    AV by Worthless, Infinidragon, Epp1e, SuicidalGrandpa, DominoLogic
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,389
    Night wing is about to get killed off so likelihood of him getting his own series is slim. The way agents of shield jumped off I'm just not sure marvel studios has gotten its small. Budget pipeline down enough yet but maybe that's what this is some practice see what works what doesn't then maybe they hop back onto prime time with something mid level.

Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust