Marvel's Netflix Universe: Iron Fist is...NOW PLAYING

Comments

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,502 mod
    Luke Cage is Black He couldn't be done any other way! Marvel has its head up its ass currently with all of this DC new 52 bullshit. Black Nick Fury just like in the movies, new muslim Ms Marvel, New Characters stealing old Characters personas!

You are implying that Ultimate Nick Fury isn't the better choice anyways for the big screen.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,983
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Does anyone honestly want a Jessica Jones show?

*raises hand*

Alias was a great book. It would be easy to translate a book like it for television.

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,823
    Boel wrote: »
    i notice no black panther among this
    lol you know no one cares about that African nigga...
    God's favorite ©

• angelpalmangelpalm They're for the bullet holes, puta! Joined: Posts: 22,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone honestly want a Jessica Jones show?

*raises hand*

Alias was a great book. It would be easy to translate a book like it for television.

I'd rather a silly She Hulk show than some super serious girl power detective bs, hell I'd even take a show about spider woman fucking shit up like in that motion comic they made. I like character development but I like super powers too, and her power set is just waaaaay to cookie cutter for me to care about.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,259 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think Nightwing is getting a stay of execution like John Stewart
    Boel wrote: »
    i notice no black panther among this
    lol you know no one cares about that African nigga...

Here this nigga go. He still mad the best Spiderman story in 30 years doesn't involve Peter Parker.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,082
    edited November 2013
    maxx wrote: »
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Luke Cage is Black He couldn't be done any other way! Marvel has its head up its ass currently with all of this DC new 52 bullshit. Black Nick Fury just like in the movies, new muslim Ms Marvel, New Characters stealing old Characters personas!

You are implying that Ultimate Nick Fury isn't the better choice anyways for the big screen.

the only reason ultimate nick is better is because they wrote him more relatably than 616. but the ultimate nick isnt tied to being black outside of him being based in likeness on samuel. But everything about cage from where he grew up, how he lived his life and struggles are tied to his race.

thats it, Luke Cage is now Scottish
    Post edited by Ki Shima on
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,082
    edited November 2013
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »

the only reason ultimate nick is better is because they wrote him more relatably than 616. but the ultimate nick isnt tied to being black outside of him being based in likeness on samuel. But everything about cage from where he grew up, how he lived his life and struggles are tied to his race.

thats it, Luke Cage is now Indian

So he's a drunk white supremacist now?

why did you edit my words?
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487
    No I mean they could have introduced black Nick Fury as an example like so. Original Nick killed off and the rank for becoming director of Shield is Nick Fury or Commander Fury then we would have a whole new character I think that would have been a far better approach to character replacement. Kinda Like M in the James Bond Mythos. New 52 and Marvel trying to capitalize off of the movie popularity by shoddy creation and writing is and always will be my pet peeve. Hate that both companies thanks to the last couple of years of poor direction creatively have more edge now than wolverines claws and Katanas cursed sword combined. Be fucking Original make a new GOD Damn character!For the record I loved old skunk hair Nick Fury whenever he showed up in Punisher or Wolverine or anywhere you knew shit was going to hit the fan I just loved the character and its a shame he's gone in a stupid creative writing snaffu for lack of a better reason. It all could have been handled better and now Marvel is falling into the DC pitfall of what makes their shit suck. Right as Marvel got a second chance at life and a main stay media interest the likes of which hasn't been around in a long time for comics probably since Keatons Batman take. I hate the idea of shitting on characters that people still enjoy in order to push a media brand it's stupid and lazy. They get paid to write and create and instead they call of duty this shit. Show some balls for christ sake and be creative you very well could make something awesome like the next spiderman or batman but no its easier to shit on preexisting Mythos and muddy the waters instead of being actually creative. Its just a bad joke is all.

On a related note Yes Terry Crews needs to Be Luke Cage absolutely!

• blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Terry Crews has the muscle, but is lacking the acting talent. I would prefer someone like Idris Elba or Djimon Honsou.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Also Terry Crews is too old. Need someone younger and more relevant.

RockBogart wrote: »
    blitzfu wrote: »
    Terry Crews has the muscle, but is lacking the acting talent. I would prefer someone like Idris Elba or Djimon Honsou.

Try Hard Level is over 9000

Please don't taze me bro.
    Number of posts you've made in 12 years: 19,365
    Number of posts I've made in 6 years: 2,903

Just saying.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,863

Eh, both of them are already in Marvel movies and probably too old for this shit, I expect some no name or small time fellow will wind up getting the part and forced to bulk up if he hadn't already. The real question is going to be are they going to let the man rock the tiara in a afro and the yellow shirt at any time during this project.

Also, if they kill Nightwing off in the comics, I wouldn't be surprised if some fan did something stupid at one of their offices because that man Dick Grayson's fans are loyal and a bit crazed when it comes to the OG Robin.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,682
    edited November 2013
    DC will continue to have a hard time killing off characters like John Stewart and Dick Grayson because their fanbases are dedicated and fierce. They should try to kill something easier like Huntress or Robin.....oh wait.

Fuck DC, killing off good characters because your too lazy to use them is shit. That company could be making so much more money with the characters it has but is ran by mouthbreathers.

Also am I the only one who thinks a Luke Cage show has the better shot at getting an audience? Ironfist requires you to buy into a whole lot of strange concepts and I'm not sure how casuals will buy "magic kung fu shit!" as the excuse once they get to the bigger battles and better powers.

Cage might just get that wire audience.
    Post edited by Reason4U on
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    edited November 2013
    What was really odd about the DC decisions was that they were trying to kill character that carried their respective franchises. This is partially Geoff Johns fault.

Reason4U wrote: »
    Also I'm I the only one who thinks a Luke Cage show has the better shot and getting an audience? Ironfist requires you to buy into a whole lot of strange concepts and I'm not sure how casuals will buy "magic kung fu shit!" as the excuse once they get to the bigger battles and better powers.

I think this is one of the reasons they are coming together in one show. I don't think the number of episodes has been established yet.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,179
    edited November 2013

He has enough to play Luke Cage
    Also Terry Crews is too old. Need someone younger and more relevant.

Get right the fuck out, Terry Crews is damn near a household name celebrity at this point. Everyone knows who he is.

You're making it seem like he's been out of public eye for years or is unknown or something.

And what do you mean "younger"? Luke Cage has never been pushed as being young or youthful, dude has looked between 30-40 in most portrayals for a while now.

I don't care if it's not Terry, as long as the actor they pick fits the role well.

---
    What i'm wondering is, just how campy/serious will these show be?

spread'em
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,510
    The Rock would be a terrible fit for Luke Cage. I would support Ray Park for Iron Fist
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,510
    Crews or Billy Brown is fine with me. I wouldn't mind Rock, but he'd be last on my list

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    Crews is the number 1 draft pick. Brown would be great too. Just watch "Lights Out"
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,502 mod
    Crews is 95% of people's first option. But the man himself apparently doesn't wanna be the character. But maybe since its a show now (a Netflix one at that) he will change his mind.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,094
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Also I'm I the only one who thinks a Luke Cage show has the better shot and getting an audience? Ironfist requires you to buy into a whole lot of strange concepts and I'm not sure how casuals will buy "magic kung fu shit!" as the excuse once they get to the bigger battles and better powers.

I think this is one of the reasons they are coming together in one show. I don't think the number of episodes has been established yet.

13 episodes for each show's first season.
    As for casting, it's going to be a bit tricky.

Whoever is cast for Luke Cage will need to have great chemistry with the talent for both Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. This is why I doubt Crews lands the part - I don't see him being able to pull off the romantic relationship with Jones. I'd say if he wants it, the roles probably belongs to The Rock if for nothing else than for star power. While it would more than likely be a pay cut, a successful series starring The Rock is going to demand a movie.

I'm not convinced Ray Park can be the front man for a series, though he should definitely be involved in some form. I also don't like any of IGN's picks.

So taking everything into account not just talent, but typical Hollywood concerns/patterns and going by some of the ideas from IGN's articles...

Luke Cage - The Rock
    Iron Fist - ???
    Jessica Jones - Jennifer Carpenter
    Daredevil - Joel Kinneman or Damian Lewis
    edited November 2013
    CTG wrote: »
    I don't see him being able to pull off the romantic relationship with Jones

Yeah, because Crews has never played a husband or father on television......
    I don't see him being able to pull off the romantic relationship with Jones

Yeah, because Crews has never played a husband or father on television......

Barring the reality show which I don't watch, all his roles are in a comedic context, with little to no serious drama chops needed.

I like Crews as much as the next dude and even helps that he has the look, but I don't know if the talent is there. And like I said, if Rock wants the gig and can come to a financial agreement w/ Marvel, it's his - I'm not even going to debate that.
    The Rock can get it because of popularity. But he isn't nearly as talented as the actors who IGN has put him up against. And this is coming from the biggest Rock stan on SRK. He knows what he is and gets paid a lot of money to do it. People don't pay to see Hobbs or Roadblock. They pay to see The Rock.

Crews and Brown are better choices because they will command less and give them more.
    I'd take Brown over Crews and Rock if we're going from a pure talent standpoint. The issue is can he draw? Wrestling irony put aside Marvel fans are watching regardless of who plays whoever. So are casual folk going to tune in to see Billy Brown? Is he even popular enough in the African-American community to attract that fanbase? As a black dude, I didn't even know his real name until now. I hate to play that card, but he has to bring something to the table other than a cheaper price tag - regardless how better suited his screen skills are for the role.
    <---does not give a single fuck what the African-American community thinks because fuck em

Most people who are fans of the MCU don't read comic books. They will give these shows a chance regardless. Plus you have to factor in that this is Netflix and not network tv. They pretty much have a built in fan base. Netflix and Youtube already make up the majority of traffic on the internet. So there isn't going to be a sudden dramatic spike in subscriptions.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    terry crews for luke cage is this decades version of lateef crowder for eddy gordo. funny tidbit....lateef was in a stunt group called zero gravity...one of the members actually did some motion cap for eddy.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/

I'm not convinced Ray Park can be the front man for a series, though he should definitely be involved in some form. I also don't like any of IGN's picks.

If Ray Parks can't be Iron Fist then he should be Steel Serpent. He's played the lead villain in films before.
    edited November 2013

edited May 2014
    Charlie Cox is Daredevil guys. One down, 4 to go. This guy was in random ass flicks and Boardwalk Empire. Can't really say anything about him. No Michael C. Hall tho :(
    http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/charlie-cox-to-star-in-daredevil-tv-series-for-marvel-and-netflix-1201194139/

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182

I like the old one better.

New one doesn't seem like a great strategist he just seems like a self important dick who thinks he's in the Matrix.

Old one seems like he has seen some shit (because he has) and he is all business.
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,313
    old but

MJW luke cage, fuck is up?
    ---
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

New one doesn't seem like a great strategist he just seems like a self important dick who thinks he's in the Matrix.

Old one seems like he has seen some shit (because he has) and he is all business.

:rofl: You're full of shit

Both versions of Nick are the same. They're both self important dicks with trust issues. Sam Fury even pulls the fake outs that 616 is famous for.

old but

Shut up.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182

Both versions of Nick are the same. They're both self important dicks with trust issues. Sam Fury even pulls the fake outs that 616 is famous for.

Unless the black one you're referring to was the one from the good Avengers cartoon you're out of your mind.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,179
    edited May 2014
    Black Nick Fury and Old Man Nick Fury have very few differences.

If they replaced Sam Nick in Ultimate, the shows, and the movies with Old Nick Fury, people wouldn't even be able to tell the differences.

Either that or people would stop bullshitting and blaming the fact that they chose Ultimate Nick to be the appearance being the reason why he wasn't true to character, when in fact it was the writing and not the character himself.

People always want to point out shit that doesn't matter because they aren't the same as they used to be.
    spread'em
  • ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

old but

Shut up.

Stop acting like a baby.

It's pathetic.
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
    Everyone shuddup and start talking about how Drew Goddard isn't writing this anymore :'(

edited May 2014
    Zero wrote: »
    Stop acting like a baby.

It's pathetic.

Shut your lurking ass up.
    Everyone shuddup and start talking about how Drew Goddard isn't writing this anymore :'(

He's still working as a consultant. Steven S. DeKnight is a Whedon guy so he will fit right in. He also worked on Smallville and Spartacus. So he definitely has experience with action.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,863
    My only issue recently is that Charlie Cox the guy lined up to play Matt Murdock looks too baby faced to play the character in my opinion.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    his giant forehead is freaking me out.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    I hope he can pull off the Ginge. And yeah even though he is 31 he looks real childish imo. It depends on where this thing picks up but im pretty sure we wont get origins. What do I know, maybe he can look rugged (he is an "actor" and makeup does exist. Plus Matt is at least 6' so we gotta hit this nigga with platforms.

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/305007-marvels-daredevil-finds-its-kingpin-in-vincent-donofrio

Vincent D'Onofrio is set to play Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil Series on Netflix..........interesting choice.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,648
    ^He's a tall guy and has some cold ass stares so I think he could pull it off.
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte