Marvel's Netflix Universe: Iron Fist is...NOW PLAYING

Comments

• angelpalmangelpalm Dat new persona looking fresh my squigga Joined: Posts: 22,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    "growing out of" what does this even mean in this case lol. Just be honest and say the fighting was shit instead of resorting to this nonsense lol, fuck outta here.

edit: unless it means you have grown out of trash ass power rangers/samurai jack/airbender wannabe weeb shows made by white folks. Then by all means :coffee:

no the fights arent shit...

92cabf4436041a1ec93e77cc0bbd86bf.jpg

• vagabond zerovagabond zero Joined: Posts: 565
    I have one episode left to watch...over all i think this series could have been great.....i agree that the action scenes are generally not good..i don't mean to disrespect the stun team or anything...it looks like this thing was kinda rushed..and when ever the real actors are on camera they are just so slow and akward that is extra easy to spot when the doubles are doing the thing.....and for a show called "Iron Fist" he really could have used it a ot more....is like the writter will go out of their way to come up with reason for him not to use it...Anyway....I really like the girl who played Collen easy on the eyes and a good actress too...your suspension of disbelief gets taken to its limits whenever she is fighting and winning against much larger guys but i have an easier time believing her as a badass than i have with Danny...the dude is just kinda slow....
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,988
    I'll co-sign whomever it was that said the show is the definition of "aight". I enjoyed it, but it had it's problems. I stopped caring about the Meachums pretty early and I didn't buy Danny's characterization. I get that he's naive, but at some points he was just stupid.

Colleen Wing though. :how_interesting: They did a great job of making her a sexy female who could handle herself without portraying her as some type of sex kitten. She owned that role. Crushed it. Best thing about the show.
  • TyphlosionTyphlosion Russian Hacker Joined: Posts: 1,071
    I have one episode left to watch...over all i think this series could have been great.....i agree that the action scenes are generally not good..i don't mean to disrespect the stun team or anything...it looks like this thing was kinda rushed..and when ever the real actors are on camera they are just so slow and akward that is extra easy to spot when the doubles are doing the thing.....and for a show called "Iron Fist" he really could have used it a ot more....is like the writter will go out of their way to come up with reason for him not to use it...Anyway....I really like the girl who played Collen easy on the eyes and a good actress too...your suspension of disbelief gets taken to its limits whenever she is fighting and winning against much larger guys but i have an easier time believing her as a badass than i have with Danny...the dude is just kinda slow....

In the comics he actually uses the iron fist power less because he has to recharge it and it takes a lot of power out of him. The thing that annoys me about the show is Danny Rand. You get the vibe that he doesn't take shit seriously. Also I think something that helped the other shows was the fact that in the other shows a lot of the heavy fighting took place at night and I think that helps set the tone for the show. Iron Fist was bright, a lot of it was during the day and that sets a lighter tone for the show. Also I think they revealed way too much about the Hand. In DD the hand was fucking terrifying, Gao was terrifying, Fisk was terrifying because you never knew who you could trust and what they could do and how far into their trap you were falling. In Iron Fist I took the Hand less seriously especially when they were
    recruiting teenagers to fight for them
    (lol). Iron Fist is just a different show from DD or even Luke Cage. I would compare it to the difference between season 2 Arrow and Flash. I'm a fan of the gritty stuff and immediately noticed Iron Fist was not the gritty stuff. I lost interest when
    The Hand dude sent the karate kids after Danny and Davos.
    The hand should always be nysterious, they should always be a threat and Danny pretty much took out the Hand almost single handedly. Too much was revealed for me and it was way to silly for me to want to continue, but I did because I like comic books. Also...fight scenes look better at night imo.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,579
    edited March 20
    Typhlosion wrote: »
    The hand should always be nysterious, they should always be a threat and Danny pretty much took out the Hand almost single handedly. Too much was revealed for me and it was way to silly for me to want to continue, but I did because I like comic books. Also...fight scenes look better at night imo.

The Hand staying mysterious has it's drawbacks and it was a major issue with Elektra's storyline in DD season 2. We still have no idea what the Hand's plan is, how the endless hole in a abandon apartment complex factors into it, what the black sky is got even more confusing and shit is kept so vague not even Daredevil and Elektra know what they are fighting against. Iron Fist show gives the Hand some depth. There's more to them then being undead mystical ninjas with an undefine purpose. And no, Danny didn't take out the Hand.
    All he succeed in doing is driving them away from his company. Gao is still at large, Bakuto may not be dead and his fraction made a clean getaway after they abandoned their compound and the possibility they finally took out K'un Lun thanks to Danny not being there to stop it.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr

The Hand staying mysterious has it's drawbacks and it was a major issue with Elektra's storyline in DD season 2. We still have no idea what the Hand's plan is, how the endless hole in a abandon apartment complex factors into it, what the black sky is got even more confusing and shit is kept so vague not even Daredevil and Elektra know what they are fighting against. Iron Fist show gives the Hand some depth. There's more to them then being undead mystical ninjas with an undefine purpose. And no, Danny didn't take out the Hand.
    All he succeed in doing is driving them away from his company. Gao is still at large, Bakuto may not be dead and his fraction made a clean getaway after they abandoned their compound and the possibility they finally took out K'un Lun thanks to Danny not being there to stop it.

That's the thing though, the mystery makes it compelling to watch. It's not a bug, it's a feature. That's what makes the hand scary in DD as opposed to in Iron Fist.

That's the thing though, the mystery makes it compelling to watch. It's not a bug, it's a feature. That's what makes the hand scary in DD as opposed to in Iron Fist.

It would be compelling if I had the slightest clue about what the Hand wants to do. It leaves a lot hanging and by the end of it I wish it focused on the Punisher story because it had more interesting things going on. Getting presented with nothing but vagueness is not an intriguing mystery to me.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,290
    edited March 20
    Yea I was honestly losing interest in The Hand because it's all vague bullshit with no goal. It's starting to drag out really bad and I'm beginning to no longer care about them. Soap Opera bullshit.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,859
    Got 4 days off fam :bee: am ready to binge this and be blown away!
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,523
    Prepare for disappointment, not BvS levels of disappointment but I'd advice to stack up on alcohol and cigarettes.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,558
    LOL, if someone ever expected something of BvS, they deserve all that disappointment.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea I was honestly losing interest in The Hand because it's all vague bullshit with no goal. It's starting to drag out really bad and I'm beginning to no longer care about them. Soap Opera bullshit.

?? the hands goal is global domination by any means nessisary. its always been about having power and influence world wide. thought this was obvious.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/

?? the hands goal is global domination by any means nessisary. its always been about having power and influence world wide. thought this was obvious.

What's not obvious is their plan for New York. Stick is raving about how some serious shit is gonna go down if the Hand isn't stopped and we don't have the slightest idea what that is. Wanting specific real estate, the giant hole, what are black skies and why do they want them. We don't know enough to speculate what the plan is.

What's not obvious is their plan for New York. Stick is raving about how some serious shit is gonna go down if the Hand isn't stopped and we don't have the slightest idea what that is. Wanting specific real estate, the giant hole, what are black skies and why do they want them. We don't know enough to speculate what the plan is.

because of what happened with the avengers and king pin getting taken out. their was a hole left in the power structure of criminals in ny. the hand want to fill the gap and one of the ways is using highly sophisticated drugs. which madam gao is in charge of. its a multi angle attack.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    btw colleen is bae. they changed her whole backstory for iron fist uh?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

because of what happened with the avengers and king pin getting taken out. their was a hole left in the power structure of criminals in ny. the hand want to fill the gap and one of the ways is using highly sophisticated drugs. which madam gao is in charge of. its a multi angle attack.

That's not what I'm talking about. They have some mystical shit in the works and we have no idea what it is. It's why they wanted the building and there being a huge hole in it. The black sky factors into it somehow and we don't even know what they are. Stick isn't risking himself to stop no drug trade.

That's not what I'm talking about. They have some mystical shit in the works and we have no idea what it is. It's why they wanted the building and there being a huge hole in it. The black sky factors into it somehow and we don't even know what they are. Stick isn't risking himself to stop no drug trade.

thats a plotline meant for daredevil. your asking for answers to stuff that will be revealed. blacksky is just a tool that all leads to the same goal. your basically asking for spoilers and answers to stuff thats gonna come up in either defenders or daredevil.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

thats a plotline meant for daredevil. your asking for answers to stuff that will be revealed. blacksky is just a tool that all leads to the same goal. your basically asking for spoilers and answers to stuff thats gonna come up in either defenders or daredevil.

I'm not asking for spoilers. I want enough information to be able to have an idea to The Hand's endgame and speculate on it. There's nothing but vagueness so I can't invest in it.

I'm not asking for spoilers. I want enough information to be able to have an idea to The Hand's endgame and speculate on it. There's nothing but vagueness so I can't invest in it.

these are threads that will be dealt with in the defenders. as they reworked iron fist's plot to revolve around the hand which he isnt originally the enemy of the hand.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 915
    So the general consensus is, fine Asian chicks can't save this show from being what my 4 yr old nephew would call, "Doo Doo Butt Butt"?
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    2-D wrote: »
    So the general consensus is, fine Asian chicks can't save this show from being what my 4 yr old nephew would call, "Doo Doo Butt Butt"?

its not garbage tier. just alright.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,534

so certain sects don't get along?
    a15kko wrote: »

so certain sects don't get along?

for this show. it doesnt tend to be this nutty in comics.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,431
    The fighting fully sucked. For a guy who was supposed to be training in some ancient city for 15 years, he didn't move or look as though he was an experienced. I have heard he only had 3 weeks to train so that says a lot.

I really liked how in the first episode he had that air about him of carefree and goofy on the outside but bad ass a fuck when it comes down to it. Disappointing to see his goofiness extending to his fighting as well, struggling with random thugs then randomly deciding it was time to knock them out.

I agree with the Hand's vagueness being extremely tiring and just straight up uninteresting. I honestly just want the heroes to kill them for boring me to death. Where the fuck is punisher when you need him? I was rooting for Harold at points just because he was offing people. Also, what's Gao's force push power?

Colleen is prime dick sheath material though. Good job on that.

PSN: xXGomuGomuXx

these are threads that will be dealt with in the defenders. as they reworked iron fist's plot to revolve around the hand which he isnt originally the enemy of the hand.

Danny had run ins with the Hand so they are not out of place being his villains. I feel that Iron Fist did a better job with them than Daredevil did as I have a better understanding of what the Hand is trying to achieve.
    Gao wanting to use Rand as a front company to deal her heroin and do so legally. Bakuto bringing in street kids and molding them into soldiers or helping them succeed in major institutions to maintain global influence.

Much better than all the vagueness we had to deal with in Daredevil.
    shout outs to iron fist continuing the marvel traditional of martial arts shows knocking niggas of roofs.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    The fighting fully sucked. For a guy who was supposed to be training in some ancient city for 15 years, he didn't move or look as though he was an experienced. I have heard he only had 3 weeks to train so that says a lot.

Is it really that hard to find a 25 something year old martial artist actor dude that speaks English?
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Who else was being considered?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,477
    edited March 21
    That Asian drunken master dude with the British accent (Lewis Tan IRL, don't recall his series name) was being considered, but Finn got the role.

Unsure as to whether Lewis would have been better or worse. The ONLY thing remarkable at all about this Danny Rand is his martial arts prowess. As in, the only time I lit up at all when he was on screen was when he was fighting (even that was questionable). That's not Finn's fault; that's the writing. You put an Asian face on a character who's bland as shit outside of martial arts, you might get a bunch of people saying you're perpetuating stereotypes.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,337
    Danny Rand does the impossible and somehow makes Matt Murdoch likeable

Ward is the true hero of this show

its like the writers wanted to play on peoples dislike of corporate mega-corporations, xcept they did it all wrong, and made the main character a spoiled whiny bully billionaire child. At one point claire says danny has a "sweet innocence" but you never really see it, making the line seem more like an oblivious mother xcusing her jerkface son's schoolyard bullying.

the sister is flip floppy, the dad is just creepy and not in the good way; he never feels like a menace. colleen is cool until the twist about her character which makes zero sense, claire and gao are claire and gao...at this point they dont have to do much but just show up. The Hand is not nearly ninja-y enough, dudes rocking machine guns and dressed like bikers are the hand now?

the last scene of the season is sposeta make you go "oh shit" but instead it just made me laugh at danny and say "thats what you get you fkn dickhead"

oh and lets not forget the shows biggest insult to the viewer
    nibbas got melted ass ears

IMG_2019.PNG
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    edited March 21

Is it really that hard to find a 25 something year old martial artist actor dude that speaks English?

For a show like Netflix stuff and the acting required... Most aren't dueling like that. Generally you get a good actor or good stuntman

The shows that do it well the actors had to do major training beforehand. Most actors aren't willing to do the work unless they come from that world.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Shoulda got Dan Southworth on that Marvel Money
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    axeman61 wrote: »
    One random point to chime in on:

Here's the reason we don't have a costume for the Iron Fist in season 1:
    “There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume,” Buck told the outlet. “Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume.”

Buck added, “he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognized. It does become an issue for the character.”

Source: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/04/iron-fist-no-costume-mask-on-netflix-show/

THEN PUT A FUCKING MASK ON HIM!

EDIT: another random point, now that I'm thinking:
    I love how this dude had 15 years of what he describes to be the hardest physical and mental training ever, yet is given a good ass fight by regular-ass henchmen sometimes. Like, this nigga is losing to Bob from Accounting for a solid minute before he turns shit around in some cases. That's just sad.

I mean he's still human. No amount of martial arts training in the marvel universe turns you into a god.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,477
    True. If you're some true martial arts guardian who was supposed to protect Heaven in an alternate dimension, why is Bob from Accounting whipping your ass for half the fight?

Did they even tell Bob he was fighting today? Dude was probably stressed out working on company taxes and shit. You punched a dragon's heart, and he tried to make a pass on Rebecca at the company picnic and wound up with a broken heart.

Still whuppin' your ass though.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    yeah danny rand is garbage. the hair the beard and mustache the mannerisms everything abt him just irritated me. dude trained with fkn warrior monks for 15 years yet had ZERO composure
    King of the Post-09ers
    NickRocks wrote: »
    yeah danny rand is garbage. the hair the beard and mustache the mannerisms everything abt him just irritated me. dude trained with fkn warrior monks for 15 years yet had ZERO composure

Danny never learned how to deal with his anger. The monks trained him to bottle up his emotions because a weapon has no need for them.
    nah sorry not buying it. 15 years of monk training wouldve dealt with that many times over.

what kind of monks believe in just bottling up anger anyway? LMFAO so fkn dumb
    King of the Post-09ers
    nah sorry not buying it. 15 years of monk training wouldve dealt with that many times over.

Monks that train people to be weapons. The Thunderer was telling Danny that grief and love is not suited for a immortal weapon. He wanted Danny to kill the Hand's top assassin over saving a girl's life. When Davos was going to snap at Claire he immediately sealed his emotions. They don't deal with emotions at all.
    these monks believe in controlling chi no way they would just be like yeah bottle ur emotions n ur all good lol. weak
    King of the Post-09ers
    these monks believe in controlling chi no way they would just be like yeah bottle ur emotions n ur all good lol. weak

They want their Iron Fist not to have them at all. Danny obviously didn't have any outlet to keep his anger in check.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,431
    They want them to kill their emotions, not bottle em.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finished watching the whole thing.
    For an entire season that sets up his origin and place in the Netflix MCU, this is the weakest entry yet imo.

Episodes got bogged down with mundane scenes and throwaway lines I can't help but laugh. Fight choreography was laughable since an immortal weapon is supposed to have a really good grasp of multiple disciplines for both offense and defense.

My biggest gripe was that K'un l'un was nowhere to be found, they just keep mentioning it and a few fake out scenes scattered. All that exposition about Danny's parents and how he's handling it was so dragged out it was excruciating. Defenders needs to be full out better than this when it arrives.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    edited March 22

nigga....these monks live in an interdimensional plane of existence and were founded by fucking aliens that look like dragons. they gonna have some issues.
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Finished watching the whole thing.
    For an entire season that sets up his origin and place in the Netflix MCU, this is the weakest entry yet imo.

Episodes got bogged down with mundane scenes and throwaway lines I can't help but laugh. Fight choreography was laughable since an immortal weapon is supposed to have a really good grasp of multiple disciplines for both offense and defense.

My biggest gripe was that K'un l'un was nowhere to be found, they just keep mentioning it and a few fake out scenes scattered. All that exposition about Danny's parents and how he's handling it was so dragged out it was excruciating. Defenders needs to be full out better than this when it arrives.

marvel with better planning could have make iron fist better. when danny was doin his form and i saw no definiton in his back...i cried. i need to get that nigga on the mcu workout. marvel clearly has a schedule and wanted to keep it. im not even gonna blame the writers or stunt team...this is higher ups that fucked up in the end. its still enjoyable enough that i could sit through it. i never felt i wanted to quit but its def a meh show compared to the others.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    jimmy1200 wrote: »

For a show like Netflix stuff and the acting required... Most aren't dueling like that. Generally you get a good actor or good stuntman

The shows that do it well the actors had to do major training beforehand. Most actors aren't willing to do the work unless they come from that world.

Ya. Even the main dude from ninja assassin Jung Ji-Hoon spent like 8 hour days for 8 months training to make those fight scenes look dope. He aint never did no shit like that before. Wachowskis just loved him fro speed racer, and were like, yo do this movie too.

For iron fist, probably couldve gotten homeboy to decent in 5 months, but clearly we're seeing like the most fuck you we spent no time physically training this dude, or getting a good martial arts choreographer moment in marvel netflix history so far.

A show whose entire purpose is to give us a white donnie yuen with a magic fist, gave us fucking screech pretending to fight.

AND HE HAS MELTED EARS
    King of the Post-09ers