Marvel's Netflix Universe: Jessica Jones [Season 3 March 8th]

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,693
    toddler316 wrote: »
    RockBogart wrote: »
    crucades wrote: »
    How many years passed since DD and the invasion then? I didnt pick that up. It seems that Kingpin showed up 18 months ago, short amount of time for the amount of shit he got done.

Probably a year or so. Not too long. They even bring up that Foggy got a deal on their office because of the property value drop post invasion.

Edit: I dont want to make the assumption that Gao is from Kun Lun. She needs to show way more than a palm strike.
    There's another scene when she talks to the old money man in the later episodes when she says "I'm returning home, he says china? and she says considerably further than that."
    Defo my favourite scene as well, the music playing and the FBI going to work on everybody. One thing I didnt really get though is Fisk having that FBI plant in the van with him, obviously it was a setup for the finale DD showdown but damn, shoulda got that chopper to land on the roof of the dropoff instead of jumping into another truck lol.

Also DD can hear radio waves? was not aware of this at all.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,033
    crucades wrote: »
    I was rooting for Fisk. CKAfm3k.gif

While I love Fisk in this show, dude playing DD is legit. Any scene he is in I'm fixated on him and his little mannerisms and speech. He plays up the character extremely well and while Kingpin may overshadow him to a lot of people, he really is the perfect Matt Murdock to me.

Love this show, just love it.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,198
    Dude Matt and Fisk are spot on. GDLK casting in this series, to be honest. When Karen Page said her name I literally nodded and said "yup".
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015. SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.
    Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    For sure man, I though the entire cast did a great job, like when I saw the promo material on netflix before the show went on I wasnt too sure about foggy for instance but great jobs all around but...
    when Fisk walks away from the truck all cut n shit then DD attacks him and goes full HAM with his beatsticks I was like "matt you dirty sumbitch!" then Fisk was like fuck it, you want this lil nigga lets go and starts tossing him through walls I was edge of seat pure into it like "YEA FUCK HIM UP! YOU JUST A MAN TRYIN TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE DONT TAKE THIS SHIT!"

Was exciting but the outcome was inevitable.
    Venessa was one twisted cold hearted bitch though huh, party girl banging saudis, probably a lot of dudes to buy art then all of a sudden shes down to letting her new man killing people cause fuck it lol, these fur coats aint gonna buy emselves.

• Hatred EdgeHatred Edge No Ningens Allowed Joined: Posts: 16,610
    edited April 2015
    Saw Fisk's first kill. Holy shit. Not a man to be fucked with. RESPECT. I haven't feared a villain like this since Heath Ledger's Joker. Ruthless.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited April 2015
    Saw Fisk's first kill. Holy shit. Not a man to be fucked with. RESPECT. I haven't feared a villain like this since Heath Ledger's Joker. Ruthless.

lol i literally came here to post the same thing.

Do. Not. Embarass. The. Kingpin.

buddy came in the restaurant, and this song came in my head

Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015. SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    On episode 9 now. Dat intro, aw snap. This shit is da troof. 100/10 so far. Episode 7 was so good too. BRUH
    LEMME GET DAT!
    lol just starting 7 now
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I started yesterday. I'm on the final episode.
    Episode 8: KEEP KICKING HIM KEEP KICKING HIM KEEP KICKING HIM

O_O This show....

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Finished the episodes. Very well done. Seeing the costume in action is pretty damn nice. Reminds me of Secret Wars. That being said, one of the best costumes done so far. And I agree with the series being good outside of the fights. Nelson V Murdock was damn intense. One of my favorite episodes.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,346
    edited April 2015
    I can't believe I missed this
    tumblr_nmnw3zzUTv1rg2j3ko1_1280.jpg
    Speculation is that old lady Gao is actually Crane Mother
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=118515
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,033
    Stilt Man is one of my favorite villains, sounds stupid but I dig him. Dude grows tall in a ridiculous fashion, talks shit, and usually beats Spider-Man whereas DD can manhandle him.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just finished episode 4.

Liking the series so far, cosign on the lawyer stuff and the suspense stuff being good, as well as the fight scenes. Was a bit worried at the start of episode one (terrible child acting), but so far so good.
    Not sure how I feel about Socially Awkward Kingpin. I say this as someone who never read the Daredevil books and has limited knowledge of the character, but I imagined him being a smoother dude?

Also, the decap-attack with the car door stretched credulity a little bit, even within the universe of the show. But I'm still on board.
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    watching episode 6 now. so far I really like it. looking forward to the other marvel shows ev3n though I don't really know much about the characters
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2015
    On ep 9.
    - Like most of the other people: hallway fight is godlike. DD Does as much damage to himself as he does to the stooges but he gets up. That's been my favorite aspect to the action so far.
    - Stick episode is my favorite so far. Them sticks.
    - Fisk is killing it.
    - I love the job stuff, makes DD seem like Batman with a day job (Foggy even made a bat connection: "Bats aren't blind").
    - I wanted more when the blind chinese delivery boy was in the cab singing. I kind of wanted the rotating camera to keep showing DD advance to the door on every rotation like he was the first time, but eh.
    So much good stuff, probably gonna finish the season today
    gl hf dd ka.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,811
    Just finished. Excellent season...NEED MOAR!!!!!!!

Legit can't find anything to complain about, it'd just be nitpicking if I did (like the mask)

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Just finished. Excellent season...NEED MOAR!!!!!!!

Legit can't find anything to complain about, it'd just be nitpicking if I did (like the mask)

I agree with this post.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,653
    I love the arnes fighting
    Loved stick as a cold blooded kid killer

Loved Kingpin as a tragic asshole

I still want Karen to die because she caused so much more bloodshed just to show fisk is a tyrant
    Her finding the mom and all that did make Kingpin paranoid

But really that bit didn't matter. A chance hearing of the dirty cop looking for the surviving cop who ratted is what screwed kingpin

All in all her getting urich killed was all on her.

So we get smyth in season two maybe?
    Fuck you for coming into the dd thread expecting zero spoilers
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,567
    Is it suppose to be that gritty/violent? My only frame of reference is the movie version- never read any of the comics. Saw the first 2 episodes and that shit is hype. Perfect casting imo. If this is just a taste of what's to come for Netflix Originals, I'm all in.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

Netflix OG shows tend to be both quality and go full on with the violence. Only show Ive seen them fuck up was S4 of Arrested Development. They gonna usurp HBO for that real shit soon.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,346
    dab00g wrote: »
    Fuck you for coming into the dd thread expecting zero spoilers

This not a weekly show you dumbass. The format isn't kindly to open spoilers.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I just finished all episodes without sleeping. Show was just epic. I love the red costume. That billy club although is still without the extra functions made me giddy when it started ricocheting and smacking faces.

Cast was great. With all the praises it is getting from the critics, season 2 is a must!.

5p1mr8.jpg

Anyone saw that stan lee "cameo"?
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    yeah no spoilers for the first bit, this thread ruined a bit for me early on....be careful for some of us just popping in to see what's up.

That being said, catch the fuck up, cuz it's open season probably by the end of the week.
    that first shirt would be sick
    I found the end battle with Kingpin to be anti climatic. All the hype was in him finally wearing the costume. Other than that, he beats him down in an alley, in a mediocre fight.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2015
    note to self...if a nigga is named the kingpin...you do not cockblock him

what episode has stick in it? im on episode 6 atm
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2015
    I powered through the first 7 episodes last night, I will finish the series sometime this week. I'm not reading this thread because I know someone from SRK is going to spoil the ending. Color me surprised, this show ended up WAY better than I expected it to be, I have enjoyed this show much more than Arrow season 1. Stick is a boss, I loved the training flashbacks with him and young Matt.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    note to self...if a nigga is named the kingpin...you do not cockblock him

what episode has stick in it? im on episode 6 atm

6 or 7 i believe.
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file